I just booked my first ever job interview for a very fancy restaurant thats opening soon..and i'm nervous as hell...

I just booked my first ever job interview for a very fancy restaurant thats opening soon..and i'm nervous as hell. Any advice, Yea Forums?

Attached: yike.jpg (330x153, 6K)

Watch Waiting at least 3 times.

In an interview your tasks are these:

1.) Show up 10 minutes early
2.) Be clean and neat looking
3.) Be friendly (nervous is perfectly OK)
4.) Give the impression that you will be a very good employee by:
5.) Telling them you will keep your work schedule, and nothing will interfere
6.) When working, you will work hard, and do everything the job requires
7.) You will work well with the other employees and not cause drama
8.) You will work to help the company achieve its goals.

These are the things that employers are looking for. Someone who will be an asset and fit in.

src: I've interviewed a lot of people.

ugh thank you,wasn't really expecting to get real advice on here.

QUADS OF TRUTH

yw. Your interview mindset should be:

"How can I help this company thrive -- and thereby earn (and increase) my pay."

Don't say it, but think it.

If they ask if you have any questions, here's a winner:

"What sort of personality would fit best in the current team?"

the quads have spoken
follow these rules
and you'll be granted your token
with it you can buy some mules
probably

This. But also keep in mind you can overdress. Aka dont show up in a tux for McDonald's. If its fancy then think whats appropriate. Maintain eye contact, if its a panel if interviewers try and split the time evenly. Make sure you listen and understand the question thoroughly. I always bring my portfolio (which should include a resume) and if need be. (Dont know what position or anything for you user) if a resume was submitted earlier. Bring a few in case the panel doesnt all have one.

Dumb question to ask, they would assume your just trying to fit in.

nervous for an interview at a restaurant?
holy shit kys

You ARE trying to fit in.

I've hired dozens of people over the years. Their resume gets them the interview. The interview is about seeing if they're going to be responsible and fit in to the team of employees - thereby not causing headaches for the managing staff.

Any business wants their operations to run smoothly. Anyone who doesn't show, or rubs other employees the wrong way on a regular basis is cancer to a successful operation.

good advice.
not sure i should be asking that, sounds more like "in what way should i force myself to be to fit in with the current team that hasn't been interviewed yet?"

Make sure that you replace every if with when. Puts the idea in their mind that they are more likely to hire you

>being an internet tough guy
shut the fuck up, faggot

Attached: 2F5575F9-DF22-4260-95B7-9EEF4C884C2E.jpg (852x480, 34K)

Be yourself. Disregard my suggestion if it's not "you".

But I'm not kidding about managers wanting staff who will put the job first and help the team get shit done. The employees who not only give 100%, but help others at the same time get noticed. Especially when there are so many fuck-ups around.

sounds like a psychology hack. not bad

OP here, thank you.

you shut up, too, and go ace that interview like a good boy

Attached: AC61B5A9-9092-4DAC-9C95-56C3C3776698.jpg (980x517, 68K)

Attached: fhucknbitsh.png (467x504, 260K)

sure thing dad

As a warehouse foreman, feel is everything. I can smell bullshit. Things that help:

1: Don't be a nigger

2: Be enthusiastic. Even if someone is feeding me BS, if they seem cheerful and carefree without being cocky and lazy, I tend to choose that type of person. We managers hate having to get onto our employees, but more so we hate having to get onto the ones we know are going to get attitude. Sometimes we just want happy sheep. If I can explain to John that he's made a mistake, he's probably going to be "All shucks, I understand. I'll work on it" instead of Tyrone who is "man i dindu nuffin. Dat wasn't me, that was lasquashda."

3. Don't be nigger. Seriously, don't do this. Being a nigger is a no no. Even my fellow nigger managers don't hire niggers. They want hard working Whites or Mexicans. Even If you're a decent looking black guy, you're going to be some kind of player ladies man who thinks he entitled to the world. Don't like being stereotyped? Fix your people. Out of 50 black male employees I've had, 8 I'd keep(read: not immediately fire), 3 of that 8 I'd say were really good workers. And of those 3, none of them was without some kind of fault I didn't overlook because they worked hard (baby mama drama, flirting, attendance, etc).

>2
this is what im thinking, I dont want to be OVER enthusiastic till i sound fake, but i want to look confident in myself

Also thanks, this tread is probably going to turn into a race war pretty soon

this tbh
user's "dad" here, I used to work at decent fast food place and there were barely any negroes compared to whites/Mexicans
>most of the nigs that got hired were fired, usually because they didn't show up
>the rest got fired for nogging
>blacks that weren't fired are good employees, 7/10

Look I'll be honest. Despite my nigger bash in my earlier post, I actually have mostly blacks under me. Black WOMEN. I know this sounds like a wreck, but older black women work hard. I respect them. Black women 30+ 40+ kick ass in my warehouse. They also love white men like me. So they generally do as they are told. They are always flirting, my teasing jokes like "that's my white boyfriend" etc.

In fact, I'd even rank older black women over a white man. If going completely by my own experience.

Black men need to get their lazy asses together. STAT. No wonder their women go to white men in droves.

Cancel. It's not worth the stresi

I dont agree. I LOVE black men equally... you know...

Attached: Cuck.gif (290x120, 1.25M)

Wasted of fucking quads
You had one job, to troll, and failed

If you can visit the office beforehand, look at what people in the position you're applying for are wearing
Dress one step better, minimum business casual

This was what i was going for.

I run warehouses, and we end up with a lot of temp hires to meet fluctuating demand. The most ridiculous was a young black man. He had the simplest of jobs: Sweep the damn warehouse. But he came to work with pants that wouldn't stay up, so he spent the entire day walking around the warehouse with a push broom in one hand, and the other hand holding his pants up. We replaced him with this fat black chick who was this religious freak, but just kept quiet and worked all day. She was great.

Had some great black men as well, but they tended to be older.

UBI for peace of mind!
Job hunting is the mind-killer!