Hey Yea Forums I'm 18 years old and want to start mma. Is it too late to start now...

Hey Yea Forums I'm 18 years old and want to start mma. Is it too late to start now? I have not / do not play any sports etc.

Attached: d9813724819932bbe4985e8a3aa99d53.jpg (959x1600, 136K)

I mean I'm interested in wanting to play just because it seems like it'd be a fun sport, not sure though. Like I said I have very little experience with anything else, so...

First of all you're a faggot
Secondly, go to /fit/
And finally, to answer your question, why the hell are you asking us just go to an mma studio nearby and sign up for a class.

It's never too late to get your ass kicked

Not late at all man. You don’t need to be athletic or anything just take it at your own pace and you’ll learn as you go. When I was a kid I went to wrestling honestly thinking it was going to be like the WWE lmao. But it was a bunch of big dudes in leotards. I wasn’t athletic or anything but eventually I became the best in my class, the coach would sometimes let me take over the class it was heaps of fun teaching gym junkies how to do flips and shit. Don’t be intimidated by anyone that’s already been doing it for ages, you’ll catch up.

Hey op, show us your cock

too late for what? compete? defend yourself? get fit?

to compete

how old do you mean by "kid"?

You'll be at a disadvantage since you don't have multiple martial arts under your belt. But start training learn ground work, how to get out of holds, the work on stand up (boxing,tkd) gonna train for at least 1-3 years depending on skill/talent. When you start check camo mma to see for any amatue leauges around your area.

College Wrestling won't get you far in the world of ass kickings just ask ben askren

you're chasing glory. you know nothing about it but you think you're a contender. try gaming

huh? i don't think i am a contender, i WANT to be one.

College fucking wrestling. You're gonna be another shitty striker that gets taken down and gets his ass kicked or another BJJ guy that doesn't win fights gets taken down and gets his ass kicked and stays on bottom for the entire round.

You wrestle as a child then you wrestle 4 years of highschool then you wrestle in college. Then you get your BJJ black belt and then you add some shitty striking that you will be fighting niggers with

dude you gotta do it for the love of it first

Go to a college wrestling practice ask if you can touch little boys

Pretty fun only finding highschoolers to wrestle with. Not late at all.

Exactly, that is the biggest problem. At 18-19 I will be screwed because virtually nobody else is my age and just starting out...

I was about 16 when I started, Was lucky enough to at least be good at gymnastics which I taught myself from a younger age tho which gave me good flexibility.
Also this is pretty accurate. At least for me. I live in Australia and we don’t have wrestling in schools or universities like you guys do in America. When I was doing Olympic based wrestling, there were people my age doing MMA, boxing, kickboxing etc but I didn’t know anybody that was doing wrestling. I’m almost 30 now and I’ve been in a few street fights, all of which I never started tho. This one dickhead who was my age had been doing MMA for a few years, had 2 cage fights under his belt lol and thought it was a good idea to show off his “skills” at a party when he grabbed me by the shirt and head butted me.. (he was saying I stole his drinks) I didn’t even feel it and I think it hurt him more, Didn’t even know headbutting was an MMA move lmao, he started throwing these stupid 2 hit combos and I hardly moved an inch.. was in disbelief about the confidence of this idiot.. I got in really close really fast, picked him up and threw him almost in a German suplex fashion and deliberately dropped him on his head because I wanted to see what he would do lol and he wouldn’t even get up, he was fucked, that was onto concrete tho, if I really wanted to I could’ve made him land on his neck without much effort. But yeah nobody in Aus during that time knew about wrestling, at least no one my age. It was
Pretty handy. Other times I’ve picked people up by the ankles and lifted them as high as I could using my legs and back and it’s funny how most people move in the air, very uncoordinated. It’s hard for people to get good hits in when you’re grapplig them well, or at least they don’t have the space to build momentum to make their hits effective. Just gotta watch for knees sometimes and make sure you don’t get guillontined.

Ben Askren was on the '08 Olympic team and he lost 1 fight by opening flying knee. Big deal. He wrestle fucked his other 18 opponents.

Dude, I can name many UFC/Pride champions who didn't wrestle in high school or college. GSP comes to mind and BJ Penn

it's never too late, DEW IT

Agreed

I don't think you have what it takes. You gotta be a primal motherfucker to mess around with MMA. LIke fight till death shit. Idk how the shit is legal sometimes. It's like watching a pitbull fight.

Because they want to be in that cage competing? They sign the contracts.