Where does one start when researching the true purpose and meaning of the bible?

where does one start when researching the true purpose and meaning of the bible?

Attached: 5-Christopher-Michael-Langan.jpg (1241x720, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jesus-saves.com/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herding
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheep
hermeneutics.stackexchange.com/questions/36/what-is-the-difference-between-exegesis-and-hermeneutics
nakedbiblepodcast.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Richard Dawkins.

cringe and bluepilled

biblical archaeology
ron wyatt
and the bible itself, always, you'll see why

you're welcome

jesus-saves.com/

Go to resources and start with the basics

Have you read the Bible yet retard

have you?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herding

Yea Forumstards need jesus

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheep

History channel

Ice road truckers (s24 ep5) has a really good message about friendship and respect

hermeneutics.stackexchange.com/questions/36/what-is-the-difference-between-exegesis-and-hermeneutics

Seriously this

Samefag here. All "exegesis" means is reading what's being said without any bias.

"Eisegesis" means, "reading into shit." Your 21st century Western bias is being shoehorned into the text. Which is always the wrong way to read. . .pretty much anything, actually.

>when you’re so salty you roast language itself

lol Christians using long words to imitate Islam

>when you can’t read the building blocks of English

Dawkins or hitchens would be a good start

I've been learning a lot by listening to the Naked Bible Podcast. It's by a scholar of Hebrew and ancient near eastern literature studies, and every week he delves into a different part of the Bible and strips back centuries of exegesis and explores what each chapter meant to the ancient audience that it was written for and what the content meant to the writers themselves. It's fascinating stuff, I can't recommend it enough:
nakedbiblepodcast.com/

When you stop reading obsolete philosophy like the bible.

The Adam And Eve Story: The History of Cataclysms, Book by Chan Thomas

it's not obsolete. the overall message of the bible is "don't be a cunt to each other" and it still holds true

I would ignore the Old Testament: That's a different religion. Toss Revelations: Hallucination of a guy starving himself to death. LSD is a lot faster. Ignore everything written by Paul: He never even met Jesus, and turned Jesus' teachings into a personality cult. I would read the four gospels, and pay special attention to things that Jesus said. Some Bibles print those words in red. Maybe the most important part is in Matthew 25, The Sheep and the Goats, where Jesus himself tells you how to get into heaven.