Why do people even get birds?

Why do people even get birds?
They are useless and disgusting.
They only eat, shit everywhere and scream.
Birds are disgusting.

Attached: cockatoo scream.jpg (281x320, 24K)

I don't think birds are disgusting, but they definitely seem like a dumb pet unless you have enough money for a very large cage.

they are much more intelligent then niggers

They do shit everywhere but they're pretty fun. Also smart

Birds are tasty

Attached: big black.jpg (500x500, 84K)

Niggers would be smarter, since they not only mimic.
I didn't know that scrubbing shit from everywhere is fun.

Shit, u right nigga.

you can train them to not go except in certain places, like you would any other pet. they don't usually scream unless they're being poorly taken care of, and all pets eat. they cuddle, they play, they learn tricks, they're intelligent etc you've probably only been around birds that were taken care of poorly or kept only in cages if you think that's what birds are like.

birds don't just mimic, they start to play with language or make their own ways of communicating. my bird has a way of saying "no" that specifically means "no" but isn't her mimicking anything i've just learned that's her way of saying no because if i say something like "come here" and she doesn't want to she'll say it. birds can also count and solve puzzles and learn colors and all kinds of things, most people with birds just don't take care of them or engage them properly.

the cage should only be for sleeping or if you're going out for an extended period of time and don't have them in a properly safe room (the same way you wouldn't leave a child or a puppy alone in a room where they could chew wires) otherwise cages are too restrictive for pet birds. large parrots should not be pets at all though, they live 60 plus years and have requirements that no one can actually manage longterm.

also ugly as shit and you can't really play with them

what you never wanted a dinosaur when you were a kid?

>large parrots should not be pets at all though, they live 60 plus years and have requirements that no one can actually manage longterm.
This bothers me the most about birds as pets. that and from what I've heard, they're as socialble, intellegent and needy as a doggo.

Birds are easy as shit to raise especially with them laying eggs all the time just throw that shit at the wall. Pretty fun.

Birds are based and redpilled.
They even shit in style

Attached: cockapoo.webm (640x640, 516K)

they're smarter than dogs, even small parrots. my bird learned how to shake hands in under 5 minutes at under a year old. teaching puppies things is much harder. smaller parrots have shorter lifespans than large ones, but still very long, so you have to be the kind of person who can be committed to having a pet longterm still but they're not likely to outlive you.

they're just as affectionate as a dog, and needy in some ways but not others because you don't have to walk them daily you just can if you want to. they're loyal like a dog, and playful too. it all depends on species and how you take care of them. birds are just generally very poorly taken care of pets because people get them and stick them in cages and don't feed them properly which is something they would never do with a dog. they also don't potty train them even though they train their dogs like that. most birds can be trained to not shit on you or everything, it's just about actually taking the time to do it.

>they also don't potty train them even though they train their dogs like that. most birds can be trained to not shit on you or everything, it's just about actually taking the time to do it
srsly? I didn't know that. thx. If I wasn't so old (40s) I consider a bird.
pic related - my girly

Attached: line_1543495395057.jpg (720x1280, 573K)

>Why do people even get birds?
Because they can.
>They are useless
Just like every other pet
>and disgusting.
Not really
>They only eat, shit everywhere and scream.
Not true. Sure, they tend to shit everywhere, but even smallest birds are as smart as dog with all outcomes of it
>Birds are disgusting.
No u

you train them the same way say "no" to the wrong spot and praise them for the right spot. you can even teach them to go on command so if they're trying to hold it to stay on you a little longer or something you can pick them up walk them over somewhere tell them to go and they will. there might be an accident here and there, but it's so much easier to clean than when a dog has an accident or a cat (cats are the fucking worst) that it's less of a big deal.

my conure took a little while to get the hang of it as a baby, but she naturally doesn't like to go in certain spots so she will hold it in to begin with which made it easier. people think birds just shit constantly, but they don't. they can chill in bed with you for an hour and then fly over to where they use the bathroom to go and come back on their own. that's how my conure is.

>most birds can be trained to not shit on you
I guess I have indian bird, which won't shit on anything (while he is having time outside of cage), but my head.
Where did I fuck up?

my conure is great about it, she'll sit with me and cuddle for an hour then fly away, go to the bathroom, and come back if she still feels like cuddling. she plays by flipping over on her back and kicking my hands while i tickle her belly, and plays fetch, knows a couple of tricks etc

it's really all about putting in the time like you would a dog. dogs (especially puppies and old dogs) will have accidents sometimes, that are a lot harder to clean up and cats when they have an accident or are just being spiteful are so much worse than anything someone can own.

Just like Niggers

do you tell him no and take him off then show him where he can go?

I don't see what he is doing when it is on my head.

Birbs don't have hands jackass. You shook his wing.

they have feet, and that's what my bird will shake with. they use their feet like hands to pick things up. i'm sure you know when someone says they taught their dog to shake hands they don't think their dog has hands right?

what kind of bird is it? if he's up there a while and doesn't go to the bathroom on his own then you have to take him down and ask him to periodically.

>there might be an accident here and there, but it's so much easier to clean than when a dog has an accident or a cat (cats are the fucking worst) that it's less of a big deal.
I would say dealing with bird accidents is way easier than dealing with disgusting litter boxes, or picking shit in the street. You don't waste plastic bags, you don't have litter everywhere. No smell either.
Normal people overreact to bird poop really.
In case of parrots, feet are pretty close to hands in terms of functions.

screaming birds are funnier than birds with arms

Indian ringneck.
By the way, should I get him a girlfriend? I got him from a friend, because he can't keep him anymore. Bird is probably 2 years old.

The ONLY people I know with birds are niggers and shit tier pet owners who neglect their birds, never teach them anything, and never take them out.

Attached: 1564083862490.gif (300x224, 631K)

get one of the same breed though & try to make them similiar colours so the heads dont come out looking like they were switched

I will get whoever I would find in nearby shelter, because I'm cheap, I mean, it is difficult to find couple years old bird in pet store/breeder for sale.

not unless you want baby birds, getting a companion is ok, i have two different kinds of birds and they get along but sleep in separate cages. birds like to have bird company, but you should probably bond with this one first before you get another since that might keep him from bonding with you. also not all birds want another bird, some can be very possessive.

yeah most people do overreact to it, it's not even on par with a dog or cat. like you said it doesn't even smell and it comes right up in a couple of seconds. even untrained they usually have a spot where they'll go most of the time, give them a spot to play outside of the cage and that's where they'll usually go

>never take them out.
This is pretty bad.
Sun is essential and no "UV bulb" will replace it.
Even if your birds are not tamed, you can take them out in cage for couple hours in the sun

there's no point in not taking them outside, they have harnesses like dogs.
don't just get a random bird, it could be sick and make your bird sick. even from a pet shop or a breeder you have to be careful. birds like dogs should also go to the vet once a year for a check up.

>don't just get a random bird, it could be sick and make your bird sick. even from a pet shop or a breeder you have to be careful. birds like dogs should also go to the vet once a year for a check up.
Vet clinic has two female ringnecks, and they don't know what to do about them. Also vet suggested me getting a mate. I think they won't be sick.

Why get birds if you can befriend a crow?

Attached: crow.jpg (1636x921, 151K)

Ur ugly

Attached: secretary.jpg (865x486, 292K)

Lighten up OP

Attached: DhshbfwVAAAC5yi.jpg (768x1024, 154K)

Chickens make food as well as being trainable nice pets

Attached: Message_1563988389658.jpg (2560x1440, 997K)

calm down crowbro, buy some fries

Can you send original copypaste? I forgot that epic greenstory

Not as disgusting as cats.

Attached: 1546646118371.jpg (453x604, 66K)

What would you choose:
- Stepping in someones dog shit
- Getting shitted by a seagull or similar shitting machine

>Why do people even get birds?
Because birds are only for high IQ owners, and you will never get this.

Attached: macaw bicycle.webm (640x640, 1.95M)

Ur overestimating ur chicken.
This