I got a $53 ticket from the city

I got a $53 ticket from the city
I'm going to pay it off with 5300 pennies

Attached: Screenshot_20190725-203559_Gallery.jpg (1080x1435, 818K)

Other urls found in this thread:

quickanddirtytips.com/business-career/legal/can-businesses-refuse-accept-cash
investopedia.com/terms/l/legal-tender.asp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

kek
nice

Yes. Do it,

"This coin legal tender for all debts, public and private"

I will

Exactly what I'll say to them if they refuse

Doubt they will accept it. Coins are not legal tender so they do not have to be accepted. Enjoy being edgy though! I’d chuckle mildly if I was behind out.

Do it!

Attached: 123451234.gif (400x299, 274K)

>hurr durr I did something wrong so I'm going to take up time and resources of a Government agency that I pay for with taxes!

I’m a dumbass. They are legal tender.

Attached: 1563945011449.jpg (750x430, 54K)

You're an idiot. Coins are indeed legal tender. The only problem OP will have, is that they will have to wait there until its counted.

Doesn't the government have to accept coins?
I understand private businesses not accepting some legal tender but the government not accepting it's own currency sounds like clown world

>hurr durr, coins are just shiny metal. They aren't legal tender even though the coin says so!

Fucking idiot.

kek

>be faggot
>get ticket for being a faggot
>pay ticket with pennies so employees have to take a huge amount of time processing my ticket
>"Hello our Government Agency needs more funding for more employees! Raise Taxes please!"

Enjoy your higher taxes for no reason

The government never has never had to follow it's own rules when dealing with citizens, only when dealing internally

>living in a country where they still use pennies

Attached: ishygddt.jpg (225x225, 5K)

I don't live in the city I owe it too

They make YOU count it.

how the fuck would coins not be legal tender

>being a faggot by getting upset over such trivial matters that doesn't affect you in anyway possible
>t. bootlicker

Attached: 13523423.jpg (800x417, 312K)

>living in a country with such a worthless currency that they got rid of their pennies

then don't pay it

Pennies cost more to make than they're worth even in the US retard. Us Canadians got rid of them because we aren't filled literal autists that take a century to accomplish anything.

That's like $1.23 in african money though per penny.

I have an idea. Why don't you pay the ticket with a check, and not do again whatever it was that got you the ticket. Everybody gets on with their lives that way.

great job sticking it to the poor low level staffer who has to shlep that to the bank. you're such a rebel.

dick.

do origami pigs

If I was the clerk who had to count, I'd drag it out, since it wasn't me who gave the ticket and you're taking it out on me. Take forever to count it while waiting for the smug grin to melt off the person when I "lose count" and have to start all over, until it's closing time and then telling them that they'll have to come back tomorrow to try again. Hopefully put it off long enough that their fine doubles. I doubt a judge would be sympathetic to why you're late.

You suck at math and you advertised it on the internet. Good job.

There was no math in my post. Nice reading skills / 10.

I'll just walk out while you count it wagie

Funny idea, but unfortunately I doubt they'll take the pennies without being put into rolls.

This. Its not like they can refuse payment and if its the incorrect amount they are obligated to inform you by mail.

The whole legal tender thing, it doesn't actually mean it's illegal to not accept it, but that it is the legally official currency of the nation. That coin is legally the penny instead of some other coin being legally the penny.

If they're in the US, and take payments, they're required to deal in dollars, but it doesn't necessarily have to be cash, or even a certain denomination of cash, that they accept to cover the public or private debt of dollars.

>it doesn't actually mean it's illegal to not accept it
see

thats not true it is actually legal to not accept it.

That isn't what "legal tender" means.

It means "this dollar bill legally represents one dollar", it's a seal of being an official unit of measure of money, nothing more.

quickanddirtytips.com/business-career/legal/can-businesses-refuse-accept-cash

Scroll to "what is legal tender"

Yep, courthouse by me has a sign that they don't accept $50's or $100's. Obviously they don't have to accept "all legal tender." Wouldn't be surprised if whoever's the equivalent of "manager on duty" has the authority to just reject it.

Hey, it's what
Is saying. Cash is a legal tender because it's officially distributed by the government, checks are not legal tender, money orders are not legal tender, credit cards are not legal tender, cash is, it's the official (legal) tender of burgerland

investopedia.com/terms/l/legal-tender.asp

They can refuse to accept it for purchases. Not for existing debt

How is ruining the day of some underpaid bluecollar worker going to do anything to get back the government? Stop being a nigger, OP.

Attached: 1563148517406.jpg (605x473, 71K)

Ya I'm beginning to think you're right
I was just pissed at the gov

Burn down the courthouse and fire dept.
Its the only viable solution.

Do something to city hall that's worth ~$53 worth of damage?

All forms of legal tender must be accepted in regard to court ordered debt payments.
So, shops don't have to accept your coins as payment, but the city does because it is a court ordered debt.
US postage stamps are also legal tender.
So, coins are fun to pay with, but stamps would be even more irritating to them, I think.

>have to spend an hour or two counting pennies
>day ruined
Not really.

Also, if you don't stand around and wait while the pennies are counted so that you can get your receipt, it would be very easy for the clerk to "lose" a few pennies, leaving you with an outstanding balance.