Shaving tips thread

Shaving tips thread

I grew up fatherless and need shaving advice.

Attached: 20190725_151407(1)~2.jpg (1719x1966, 873K)

You bad as fuck nigu. Buy a good razor, always cut on the opposite way of your hairs, buy a good cream or a nice soap, and shave partially, cleaning the zone with a towel to check for flaws or missing spots.

You need a dermatologist too buddy

Also, please shave that ridiculous mustache shit son u look like an Armenian cop in the 80s

Can you recommend a good razor and how do I know which way the hairs grow?

Why?

A good shampoo and a hidratant cream would do the job, along with good hygiene. Does not look like fungus.

Cause your skin is literally falling, man. The same happens with hair?

With a face like that you should NEVER shave against the grain, you're going to get ingrown hairs and razor bumps, but do invest in a good razor, safety razors are great just make sure to change blades before it gets too dull

Imagine being so retarded that you aren't able to figure out how to shave, especially in the age of the internet

Attached: 1560931500280.jpg (242x242, 7K)

Some people were raised by single mothers

Can I buy one at Dollar General, Family Dollar or Walmart?

What do you mean falling?

Get some aveeno eczema lotion for those dry patches. Makes me feel ill
Splash hot water on your face and use hot water as you shave. Lather on shaving cream and leave it for a minute or so. Then start shaving.

Shaving Foam, buy Noxima with Aloe.
I would suggest buying an old Double Edge Safety Razor and only use a blade once or twice before replacing. Not that safty razor blades are expensive cause they're not.

For MAX Comfort. Get a badger hair shaving brush and high quality Shaving Soap for a Mug.

Then get some after shave stuff like that cheap green after shave. And if you need it that Noxima post shave lotion. After a while you won't need all that stuff anymore, but for now you might.

Okay? Neither of my parents taught me how to shave. Plus, there's Google or YouTube that will give you actually good information

My dad didn't teach me how to do it. Anyway, first you need to take 20 minutes to do it. Second, a good razor is a good razor, you may need to invest 7/8 bucks but it will last longer, will irritate the skin less, and will cut uniformly.

Your skin is clearly falling, see those little white flocks surrounding your mouth?

Do zigzags really firm and then rip down

* Noxzema with Aloe ... Green Can Made in Canada.

If you’re too stupid to figure how to drag a razor across your face I can’t say I blame your dad for leaving.

Gillette

You seem fairly young. Stay clean shaven til you're older. Also your facial hair is drying out your skin, you NEED some kind of oil or lotion or you're going to be all dusty and flaky. There are lots of shaving tutorials on youtube. Go slow, apply even pressure, use shaving cream. Never soap or shampoo. Conditioner can suffice in a pinch but not recommended. Gently exfoliate your face before shaving and use lotion or aftershave after, unless it irritates your skin.

Especially since he's at least in his 30s given the amount of white in his stache

Be spawned by a father that gives a fuck.

Their OLD Safety Razors are good. But for actual Modern Blades I'd stay FAR Away from Gillette.

And by lotion i dont mean regular old lubriderm. Lotion/oil specifically made for faces/facial hair

I really dont think i insulting OP is warranted. People prefer to learn in different ways and if he chose to consult this forum rather than trying to find good suggestions from google among the hundreds of shitty suggestions then more power to him

Eight Bucks for Forty Blades to Try. See what you like and then spend even less on blades.

Attached: Snap 2019-07-25 at 16.33.03.png (1573x666, 328K)

Alright OP, you useless shit, here's what you should do.
Get a good razor, it's a fucking racket but they're an investment. Shave after a shower (also, shower more you nasty fuck) or apply a hot towel to your face beforehand to soften things up and relax your pores. Next, apply a generous amount of shaving cream, I use green barbasol and it's FINE. Don't shave against the grain of your hair, it'll fuck shit up. Take your time, especially at first until you git gud. Finally, pat your face off and apply a moisturizer, your skin will thank you.

Now be a good boy and grab me a beer

Go to the advice board you fucking fatherless dipshit

Also, shave that disgusting mustache, you dammed degenerate

Whoops, Thirty Blades. Either way you'll spend less when you select a brand. I go with that Russian one. I could use a new blade every day and spend less than ten bucks a month.

The modern ones are the best a man can get

i wish i could just laser removal my whole race because I'm tired of shaving and am too lazy to do it so i just end up looking like a pedo

>i wish i could just laser removal my whole race

Attached: 1468374589246.jpg (400x346, 19K)

Multi Blades are for tools. The only thing you're buying is waste and marketing.

Bro what the fuck did you do to yourself? Does your skin usually get that red and irritated? Or just after shaving? If it's normally like that see a dermatologist. If it's after shaving stop being retarded. Had a dad but I can't recall seeing him shave and he never taught me. Been shaving since I was 12 and I think I've nicked myself maybe once let alone whatever the fuck that is

Its smoothe and non irritating and shaves close. It does literally every thing I want it to.

Get a safety razor. It's a lot smoother.

I think it is from being out in the sun. I am a cart attendant for Target.

Good razors are like an orgasm but to save money because fuck 25+ for a refill pack of blades I would recommend the Harry's brand. Love the olive green color personally, handle is comfortable and grippy enough to use in the shower. The blades are sharp and stay sharp for a decent amount of time. Also one of the best lube strips I've ever used. Sometimes I'll rub that on a problem area (philtrum, Adams apple, or certain areas of my jaw line etc.) And it's smooth as butter afterwards. But for the best razor I've ever used, despite the man hating ad a while ago is the Gillette Fusion5 Proglide, especially the cooling ones that have what I think is a small amount of menthol in it. Sure there's better ones out there but those are my personal recommendations

>"someone grew up without a dad xD"

I knew how to shave the first time I picked up a fucking razor, you don't need someone to teach you.

Attached: 654.jpg (640x480, 97K)

Also I would give shave oil a try, but depending on your skin there's a chance it could make you break out. But regardless shave oil is incredible and used to be the norm and we need to go back to it

It's simple OP. Don't shave. I haven't had a razor against my face in 9 years. Some occasional trimming but I don't even know what my face looks like since high school.

>inb4 hygiene

Attached: Image.jpg (480x640, 88K)

Also my dad was a piece of shit, never taught me so I never bothered with it. My balls however are as smooth as eggs.

Men with beards have more bacteria on their faces than a dog

Soy as fuck

I bet being tall and hung is soy as well, right?

God damn manlets.

>No beard means manlet
Got a weak ass chin too probably

Fuck any of those multi blade razors, if you never used a single blade safety razor, do so cause you wont go back if you know how to use them, those Gillette over priced packs are garbage, one safety razor will last you a lifetime if you take care of it and give you the nicest shave without messing up your skin especially when paired with good shaving cream and not those gel foaming tubes, plus replacement blades are like 5 dollars for a pack of 50 or more

If your beard is long, use a trimmer to reduce the length.

> Use hot/very warm water on your face for about a minute before starting.

> Apply shaving cream in a lather (remember: boycott the cunts gilette) and spread evenly over the beard. For depth, you want to just cover the hairs.

> Use a clean razor and rinse it with hot/very warm water

> Hold the razor with your dominant hand

> With your other hand, pull the skin very tight

> In a smooth, even and controlled motion shave *WITH THE GRAIN*

> Rinse
> Repeat
> ????
> Profit
> Not having a faggy soyboy beard filled with ecoli

> Next - when you are done, rinse your face with very cold water. This closes the pores up and stops them getting infected or pimples.

> Apply a non-alcoholic aftershave or similar style cream

Attached: fc45fe5e715a11f9857e8d21774576dc.jpg (1024x768, 83K)

>Put one of your many Mexican bastard children up for adoption. >Once they turn 15, kidnap them. Ask them how they're new superior father taught them how to shave.
>Realize you have no learning retention skills due to your racial inferiority.

Attached: 1562806266925.jpg (740x925, 86K)

Well girls can be tall and I'd bet my entire left testicle and most of the right one you arent hung.

have you lost your chin mate

Shame your dad didn't teach you about mass production and factory setting.

Cut uniformlee hurrr. A more expensive razor will barely last longer because razor blades are razor blades, they are extremely thin and wear down in a few shaves or so. And uniformly? Are you fucking kidding? Like dollar variant disposable razors have the blades offset in different directions or wobbling around in the plastic casing?

Buying a more expensive razor will just mean that you get milked by some huge corporation for more expensive refill cartridges.

The trick to shaving well OP. is to try and have a razor that has 3 blades set together, or two if not 3, soften the hairs by showering first or washing in a sink, use soap as lube.

Endless disposable razors are bad for the environment, so some kind of electric device or old fashioned straight/safety razor where you only need to replace the metal blades is probably a good idea.

Attached: 20190725_163923(1)~3.jpg (1504x1719, 586K)

Just search for a discarded one in an abandoned dumpster OP, you will save tons of money that you can then use on more fried foods, personal lubricant and vidya.

use a double edge safety razor, not some shit tier multi blade thing. and watch some videos by geofatboy on YouTube, basically how I learned to shave properly

Gillette is going away from "multi" (like 5 blades) to max 2 blades. Was reading about it in some newspaper

jesus christ... you look here like a corpse. Or are you wearing a Halloween mask?

Attached: 624234235.png (740x900, 923K)

just get an electric razor, and dont bother learning

Nigga you got dermatitis. Enjoy.

Joshua, is that you?

Use some of this shit.

Follow the instructions carefully.

It's the original Nair.

Attached: SBS-306013.png (1500x1500, 306K)

1. Reusable double edge razor, (Mercur). Cheap, cleanable, and lasts forever.

2. Bulk pack of Feather brand double edge blades.

3. Small hand mirror or suction cup shower mirror. (Mirror foggy or beading water? Spit on it and rinse off in the water. Old scuba diver trick).

4. Shave in the shower after washing everything, your hair will be softer. Take short strokes against the grain. Shave in 2 different directions for baby smooth.

5. Splash your face with regular Old Spice after shave, the kind in the white bottle with the little red cap.

I have women of ALL ages walk by me all the time and stop me to ask about the scent, and Old Spice closes up your pores well.

Gillette is garbage you fucking mong

youre so ugly it makes me feel bad

Pro tip pay a barber to shave you.......

I do this once in a while with the wife. Haircut and shave. Takes a half hour because they do the hot wet towel wrap to soften your beard hair and make it stand up.

I like the single edge razor blade type as opposed to the straight razor. Much sharper = better shave. (Unless the barber knows how to sharpen a straight razor, in which case they do a great job too).

"especially in the age of the internet"

He's on the internet asking right now for tips.

What?

Edwin Jagger DE89 Safety-Razor. Love it. Using Feather blades but I like Derby too... these are not as sharp as Feather and slightly mild.

Attached: 1.jpg (1280x960, 99K)

I've been using the same electric razor for just over a decade, this year.

wash your face, use clean washcloths and rub all that dead skin and shit off.

this is not instagram
post pics without filters

Use a flannel in hot water to heat up your skin before shaving, then take your time, the other anons have given good advice

If you're gonna shave, shave that horrid mustache, you look like a pedophile wearing only that, you faggot.

First tip: All this Schick 5-blade razor shit is a fucking ripoff. Buy yourself a cheap double edge safety razor and some razor blades. You'll get a cleaner shave for less money.

Second tip: Use shaving cream. Get your face wet with hot water. Some people use hot towels and shit, but that's cringe. Just get it wet, lather it up good.

Third tip: Look at the growth pattern of your facial hair. Identify where it grows up, and where it grows down.

Fourth tip: Based on your growth pattern, ALWAYS SHAVE WITH THE GRAIN. If your hair grows DOWN, shave DOWN. If it grows UP, shave UP. If you shave against the grain you will get some bad razor burn. Sadly this "shave against the grain" shit is advertised to men by schick and gilette. It's bullshit.

Fifth tip: You want your blade to be at a 45 degree angle to your skin. When you pull the razor across your skin, do not apply force. Just let it glide.

Good luck bud. If it's any consolation your father probably wouldn't know how to shave even if he was in your life, thanks to the corporate men's shaving industry. They have promoted a bunch of ignorant ass bullshit for generations for the sake of profit.

Stay away from those faggot hipsters who are trying to sell you all this "essential oil face cream" shit. Stay away from all these faggot hipsters who try to make shaving into some sacred ritual. It isn't. It's just grooming.

Listen here:

>lather
>shave with the grain
>lather again
>shave against the grain

Go slow so you don't irritate your skin. Grain is up/down for the part of your face about jawline and down/up for everything under the jawline.

You're welcome.

Get a Norelco electric shaver and just use it once a day. It will be fine. 0_0

Single mothers still shave?
Whats your bush look like Mr idk how razors work?

get some magic shaving cream and pressure wash your face Like labeast