Is it actually possible to change, to become a better person?

Is it actually possible to change, to become a better person?

Attached: trash.jpg (640x441, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/F4kABe2qZA4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Perhaps when you're young, below 25 or so.
After that, you're just irredeemably broken and people will notice, no matter how hard you try to hush it up.

t. 31yo

This so much.

t. 33yo

something something integrate your shadow something something

kys
find out 4 to 8 weeks later

These two are morons with little life experience
If you want to be a better person all you need is the desire, will & substance of character
Once you get in the habit of doing the right thing, it becomes second nature

Attached: Black Cat.jpg (604x373, 34K)

damn this picture is exactly how I feel right now. Just cant shake it lately

Change from what?
Better by whose standards?

Attached: 1483849757338.gif (500x500, 379K)

checked

Absolutely. You can start doing it right this moment. Never let your past define who you are today. The past has passed. Today is a gift that's why it's called the present.

It is possible. The day you give up on trying is the day you truly become a loser (in the literal sense to lose). Is it easy? Absolutely not. Is it worth it? Of course. Though some, perhaps most of the bridges you have burnt along the way may never be rebuilt. But, that is just par for the course. This is a rather unforgiving world, despite everyone around you claiming to "get it". Their empathy is short sighted because in truth, they DON'T understand. But that doesn't mean you should give up. I'm an alcoholic. I've fucked up so much in my life and have even been told I've "burnt trust". I know what it means to feel like a scummy person. I still hope that some day I stop procrastinating and just get up on my feet. But it all starts with you my man.

"We are not useless. We are just used. I see something in you I've gone through." - some lyrics from the song.
youtu.be/F4kABe2qZA4

yes, but you need a lot of therapy.
i am 44 and changed from a trump asshole narcist to kind of albert schweitzer within the last 3 years therapy, in which e.g. i discovered a lot of abuse in my childhood, incl. sexual. i cried 2 years wirhout a break. was not able to work.

I am so thankful that my helath insurance pays that so I can break the line in my falily of abuse und dumbness andbe the change in evolution.

and i mean, is not that i sometimes be able to be a better human. My emotions ARE peaceful and full of empathy, i feel complete, i have a different idea of life,the sense of life and other humans.

now I know how poor trump like people are and how ugly their souls are structured.

I'm 24 and my experience so far, fake it.

I've tried for the last few years to be a better person than the asshole I had been since I was a teenager. And honestly people like me better, but it's all just an act. I'm still me. I still am the same spiteful angry judgemental person I've always been I just act like I'm not.

Some people can change. Some of us can't. If you are someone who can't change but wants to, fake it.

You can always improve yourself and everything around you
- Big Shak

thanks man

be yourself man, be proud of who you are, you can change for the better

Yeah, you definitely can. Like the others say, it's hard and it takes determination, time, and maybe therapy. I've always been judgemental and can't handle being around groups of people for long periods of time because they just get on my nerves, but I know that everyone has their flaws and even though I'm awesome, In not perfect either, and that helps me be more empathic toward others. I also know that it's easier to be a happier, more tolerant, and mellower person when you aren't surrounded by a bunch of selfish fucking morons. If you find yourself unable to be around others without treating them badly, it could be that you just need to find some more intelligent, happier friends.

"Man is condemned to be free; because once thrown into the world, he is responsible for everything he does." Before you can control your future actions, you have to admit to yourself that you were in control of your previous actions. Everything you have done you decided to do, it was not because you were a bad person.

Cont. If you start "faking" being better and happier, usually the negative and toxic people will find their way naturally out of your life, making it easier to be genuinely better and happier.

No problem. If that song I left isn't your style, I understand. It certainly isn't everyone's cup of tea. It's some of the softer stuff I listen to for sure. Still meaningful to me though.

Not sure, i have been asking myself that lately because i am a horrible asshole.

just remember what homer simpson said op, trying is the first set twards failure.

Yes it’s possible. But for it to happen you gotta have to REALLY want it. If you just “want” it you never gonna have it. You gotta want it like no other. For me it was reaching a very low point in my life where the only way I could go was up. So I pushed myself and did it.

Also, never give yourself the idea that it’s going to be hard. Because it isn’t. Fuck those faggots telling you it’ll be hard. If you take it one day at a time, I promise you you will see the results of whatever you’re working for in less time thank you think. Like I said once you get past the mental block, a whole new world opens for you. You gotta really want it. You gotta push through the excuses. Don’t listen to your head. Don’t think. Just do.

you definitely can, and you'll be glad you did. Therapy really does help, and if that's too expensive (it is) self help books can aid with introspection too. Good luck, speaking from experience it can be done, but a change in mindset sometimes needs a change in lifestyle (it's harder to change if you're depressed, try treating those problems first and you might notice it's much easier to grow as a person)

Attached: house_md.png (469x275, 81K)

Pussies
>t. 32yo who is hittin' the gym and getting in shape

Well maybe it works for you and maybe you've never been depressed. "You don't know me user! Fuck you." You mean just like YOU don't know THEM and THEIR lives? Go into your bathroom, find your mirror and reflect on yourself. Of course, if you're a gymbro, I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding the mirror.

>Say unto thine own heart, "I am mine own redeemer."

^This

Fake it until you make it

So you turned gay? SAD. You know he's gonna win in 2020, right? I try not to think about it more than once a day, my penis can only get so erect.

Anton LaVey's Satanic Bible? user, that philosophy doesn't work for everyone. Not everyone has the strength to go it alone the whole ride.

The poster may be German. His English seems a bit broken and he also said "und" instead of "and". Look at your keyboard. The a and u are no where near each other.

That still doesn't excuse being gay.

Apparently not. Only worse.