Hey Yea Forums I'm 18 years old and want to start mma. Is it too late to start now...

Hey Yea Forums I'm 18 years old and want to start mma. Is it too late to start now? I have not / do not play any sports etc.

Attached: 7b9ed857d45c456c85480c9ebfcd30e6.jpg (1200x2002, 247K)

Nah fam, get into it asap if it's appealing to you. The community surrounding the sport is great
(Why is captcha so fucking gay now?)

what's so great about the community surrounding the sport?

jesus fucking christ

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-25_13-29-38.png (142x146, 33K)

why were you looking at her feet anyways?

They're friendly as fuck and super supportive. Just make sure you find a good dojo/gym and you'll do really well if you enjoy it

Footfags being footfags

I see, how long does it take usually before the first fight?

>why were you looking at her feet anyways?
to gauge her health for further breeding purposes

>Footfags being footfags
I'd rather have an amputee than a girl with an abomination like that

Depends how quickly you adapt and advance. Some do their first fight within 6 months and some just do it for sport, like me, cause I'm a pussy and hate the attention

Youll spend lots of time doing drills and pad work etc before you even get to spar, let alone "fight". Infact you probably wont go past sparring unless you wnter yourself into a match. So in short, its a steady paced kinda deal.

lol

Attached: 1563253751508.jpg (500x500, 106K)

This guy is right. There's a lot of factors to take into account, but the best way to get there, if that's where you're aiming is to train like fuck. Go to every single session and train everyday

It is not too late. No guarantee you’ll be good mind you but you aren’t too old. Train your ass off and have fun.

i don't plan on becoming an expert but being somewhat good wouldn't be a bad thing, of course

I'm also interested in MMA. Like how long does it take before you are better at fighting than the "average joe". I don't want to compete whatsoever; I just want to increase my odds in a typical bar fight with a regular mofo.

Attached: HeadKick.gif (300x217, 854K)

first fight in just 6 months? wow

MMA is not suited for bar fights. Why? It involves a lot of fighting on the floor and a bar fight is rarely 1 vs 1. You should choose a martial art that allows you to stand the whole fight, e.g. full contact or kickboxing are the way to go. Krav Maga would be the optimal choice for bar fights and defending yourself in general but it's neither a martial art or a sport.

dude thanks. that makes a lot of sense. I guess im going to go kickboxing.

Attached: 1495683162789.gif (400x253, 2M)

Yeah, I mean I'm interested in wanting to play just because it seems like it'd be a fun sport, not sure though. Like I said I have very little experience with anything else, so...

There's also this legend. He trained for years to transition into MMA with some high level coaches. However, his first two fights were a disaster. Don't be like CM punk.

Attached: CM PUNK GOAT.jpg (642x361, 43K)

Wait a month and get into shape first. Just run a mile for five days a week and do some calisthenics. Then go from there. It's not a cakewalk though if you're serious about it.

By all means, try it out. It's a lot of fun and it will keep you fit (I personally can't motivate myself to go to the gym to lift weights in front of the mirror surrounded by faggots). But I'd also say try out more martial arts until you find the one that suits you, which would also be good for your MMA, most MMA fighters have done at least one striking (e.g. kickboxing) and one grappling (e.g. BJJ) martial art before moving on to MMA.

Is 21 too late? I want to learn how to take a punch and put someone down because I intend on joining the army for 4 years and then the police force. Im 176cm tall. I just want to make sure I can pull my own weight

Prepare to get fucked.

Years ago I worked back of house in a bar, some meathead bouncer thought he was tough shit and would try his hand at MMA. He trained for months, got his friends and family all hyped for his debut, and promptly got knocked the fuck out in the first 15 seconds. Pretty much laughed out of the octagon. Never fought again.

Cunt, there's some 60 year old fucker in my dojo that can put me on my ass with ease. Stop asking if it's too late and JUST FUCKING DO IT FAGGOT

Also this. You WILL be taught humility whether you like it or not

Right