Is Japanese car culture dying ? "The Japanese prefer to sit at their computers"

Is Japanese car culture dying ? "The Japanese prefer to sit at their computers"

There's nothing more beautiful than a Japanese car culture in the '90s. Why? Because, first of all, it's just as expressive and unique as the whole of Japan.

Country of the Cherry Blossom. Secondly, it still affects generations of motoring enthusiasts all over the world. Thirdly, she presented the art of drifting
to the world.
And fourthly and finally: she grew up on the cult models of Nissan, Toyota, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Honda and Mazda. Today, however, the Japanese
automobile scene has now become a reality.
a shadow of your old self. Why did this happen?

Every motoring fan has probably watched all the parts of
"Fast and Furious" several times. The third part - with the subtitle "Tokyo Drift" - presented
a very attractive, though somewhat outdated, vision of
Japanese car culture. Because all the best in this culture took place in the 1990s,
When cars like Toyota Supra, Nissan GTR, Honda NSX or Mitsubishi
Lancer dominated the roads.

Young Japanese people had easy access to these iconic cars, as they came from their native country. Those who couldn't afford
top models,
were satisfied with Hondami Civic or even with used Toyotas AE86 and AE85.

The drivers not only wanted to have their own JDM cars, but also
wanted to race them on the winding mountain passes, which in the Land of the Cherry Blossom there's no shortage. Everyone fought for the title of hashiriya,
which in Japanese means street driver.

The atmosphere of the car scene at the time is now legendary, and although some Japanese people are still trying to keep up the tradition, they are getting on with it. Tt's getting worse.
Today's car culture in Japan can be seen from online movies or Agundaya, better known under the pseudonym of
Drift Hunter. On his youtube channel you will
find short reports documenting the "underground car racing scene" in Tokyo.

Attached: night car meeting in Japan.jpg (1472x1080, 146K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hotcars.com/how-to-race-like-a-pro-25-driving-techniques-from-the-worlds-best-race-car-drivers/
youtube.com/watch?v=IPQyQgyuNMI
youtube.com/watch?v=5I5XTrlS2Zc
youtube.com/watch?v=m4al6RSQ7ic
youtube.com/watch?v=EDARTAeISzk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=DrxJCOVsV1E
youtube.com/watch?v=atuFSv2bLa8
youtube.com/watch?v=sAY_HfHGOgU
youtube.com/watch?v=Xm0U6KRJljQ
youtube.com/watch?v=jPl_1RpBK_4
youtube.com/watch?v=VJoRPJny4XE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Quoting him: "For the past seven years, I've observed that the drifting subculture
in Japan is disappearing. Every year I see fewer and fewer cars on the mountain passes.
In the past one evening you could count 30-40 vehicles, today there
are barely a few of them," he says in one of his reports.

Golden times of street drifting are best remembered by today's generation of Japanese forty-year-olds.

Interestingly, the term hashiriya was not reserved.
for men only, because women were also behind the wheel.

The present generation of hashiriya are almost only men.
They want to keep the Japanese car culture alive, but the modern world is throwing them out of their way.

Having a car is becoming more and more problematic .Today's Japan is known for its astronomical car insurance prices. Salt must also be paid for driving on most expressways. Similarly
the situation with parking
in the cities. In addition, driving tests are not only expensive, but also extremely difficult.
When the team from Top Gear magazine visited Japan to check
the condition of its car culture, the diagnosis was not interesting:

- Drivers are increasingly being fought by the police. Inspections of sports cars
are becoming more and more stringent.

All these measures
are depriving Japan of another generation of car fans. With the astronomical cost of parking
and the difficulty of obtaining a driving license, you can see,
why young people deprived of civil rights prefer to stay at home with their computers -
writes "Top Gear".

On the one hand, driving a car is very expensive in this country. On the other hand, the problem has also a generational character -
today's young people
people, called "millenials", are less interested in cars and more in digital technologies.

Japanese automotive industry is no longer
as interesting as it was 20 years ago.

Attached: Albo Agundaya.jpg (321x279, 21K)

Proofs?

Mazda hasn't produced a sports car for years, unless we consider the MX-5 to be such. Honda has narrowed down the
range of Type-R versions and gave up production.
of many cult models. The Toyota has gone into urban hybrids, while the Nissan has a love for SUVs and
crossovers. On Mitsubishi there's no more words at all, because
the brand completely lost its character (the eternal war between the EVO Lancer and the
STI Party, the first one lost with a fighter).

Today's Japanese automotive industry is not doing so well, and the Japanese car culture is also in decline.And without it, the automotive world will be more boring.

Attached: drifting on mountain pass.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

fuck off weeb

OP, I just want to say I deeply share your love for 90's jdm cars. I love a lot of cars, but 90's jdm is special.

Niggers ruined it.

>fast and furious

japanese car culture is nothing compared to american car culture. just look at transit infrastructure

The J-Rock music artist Gackt Camui had remarked about this phenomenon, fairly recently. He thinks it's gay that cars are not interesting to the young Japanese, anymore.

Haha, might even be correct.

In my opinion, mountain racing is much more spectacular and allows for better training for the driver than racing a long way away.

There are more driving technics used during mountain races than just throttling the gas as much as you can , inappropriate braking and swinging the steering wheel.

hotcars.com/how-to-race-like-a-pro-25-driving-techniques-from-the-worlds-best-race-car-drivers/

youtube.com/watch?v=IPQyQgyuNMI

Just look at this show . Isnt this more interesting than any NASCAR or drag racing ?

youtube.com/watch?v=5I5XTrlS2Zc

youtube.com/watch?v=m4al6RSQ7ic

youtube.com/watch?v=EDARTAeISzk

Attached: a23f8683104abce45d92aa6bbfd58f95df85c1e0ca029761e428027aaa7c618f.jpg (640x400, 111K)

It 100 percent still exists but it is no where near where it was in the mid 90s to early 200s. Cops really started cracking down and general interest of motorsports have been lost in for the next younger generation. Im a huge car seen about this kinda shit, just got a job at an importer a few weeks ago :))

I miss it too... i've gone through 2 miatas, an aw-11 and an ae86. I bought and built all of them and i've always talked so much about how much i loved just being a yankii. I can't even find a shell FC without it being $3000 because of drift taxes. Now, i have to baby the 86 i've had since i was 19.

Where ya located? Just saw a running fc posted for 2500 today. Saw a vert the other day for 1500. I feel it though currently working on my s13!

m.youtube.com/watch?v=DrxJCOVsV1E
Good song, I think it has that documentary in the background too.

east coast near Boston area. This is my shitty 86 rn. I'm still working on her, sadly.

Attached: IMG_0433.jpg (2448x2130, 1.52M)

Yus. That's a good one, gives me chills looking at the zoomed out hair pins, I think iroh is my favorite touge

aside from the 86 I posted, this was my aw-11

Attached: IMG_3494.png (640x1136, 1M)

damn I was into this kinda shit until some stupid bitch ruined it for you cuck ass gooks.

now I just want to see japan nuked

That's the way it goes with these older cars haha constantly breaking. Trying to find a goid pic of my hatch

Obligatory thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=atuFSv2bLa8

this was when a winter storm hit us pretty hard lol. we still went driving while plow trucks haven't even hit the streets

Attached: IMG_2214.jpg (3264x2448, 880K)

Local twistys we race on

Attached: S13 yo.jpg (2341x1551, 1.96M)

Love snow skids haha, awd is super fun too becuase all the subi guys are out and you can go sliding with em

Nice dubs and yo, you got the type X lights too!

Wanna do full type x eventually, we'll see though! Nice chatting with ya, dig the cars!! Night :)

I prefer other themes.

youtube.com/watch?v=sAY_HfHGOgU

youtube.com/watch?v=Xm0U6KRJljQ

youtube.com/watch?v=jPl_1RpBK_4

Can someone make a 90's jdm discord?

Attached: IMG_0427.jpg (3264x2448, 1.68M)

I wonder if any of you have tried the famous challenge of bringing a cup full of water without spilling it on the winding route? Maybe someone wants to try this challenge in reality?

youtube.com/watch?v=VJoRPJny4XE

Attached: ezgif-4-348411bc1585.gif (320x177, 1.82M)

I'm not too familiar with the car culture in other countries than the Netherlands but the police has caught up pretty well unfortunately. They're the ones mostly ruining the culture and also with all the environmentalists it basically has become a crime to enjoy cars. Kids learn in schools how bad cars are.

On the good side, in my area it seems to grow again pretty fast. Every Friday there is a meeting in my area. Years ago the police wouldn't really bother with the little street racing that was going on with just 10-20 cars (mostly spectators). Nowadays racing is impossible there as it's too crowded with over 200 cars so we're moving to another location that the police doesn't know about yet.

also I'm working on 2 cars for street racing

It's sad really. I tried to get my brother into jdm and he's going into sophomore year after this summer. I got him an 1987 Acura integral which at the beginning we planned to turbo it and make it rwd. I feel bad for him all of the kids his grade aren't even all into cars let alone can drive stick. He's the only one who knows how besides another kid

american car culture is for niggers. Nice bait

good luck with that. I'd go for an S2000 floor pan but I'm not too familiar with Hondas. You're better off with a car that was RWD to begin with

This is very difficult for a few reasons, like suspension set up, driver ability and the road itself

Although, I try this a lot on my local touge and it is a lot of fun.

Yes, yes it is. Are people just now noticing? You can thank women voting for that