What was the fucking point of making Frodo walk to Mordor if all the men were going march there with the eagles anyway...

What was the fucking point of making Frodo walk to Mordor if all the men were going march there with the eagles anyway? There was literally no point of anything that happened before that and they could've saved themselves a shit load of time

Attached: great_eagles_lotr_04.jpg (1600x1067, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/FanTheories/comments/130it2/lord_of_the_rings_a_theory_about_the_eagle_plot/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Does anyone know how long Frodo's journey was from start to finish?

This was answered literally more than half a century ago. The eagles have no interest in the insignificant dealings of man.

Then why did they go to Mordor at all if they didn't give a fuck?

Like a week I think

It took about a year.

They could not defeat Sauron in open war, their only chance was through stealth.

They walked there for a year with two slices of bread and no water, yeah fucking right

The actual journey was six months but they didn't leave the shire until 17 years after frodo got the ring

I understand that part. What I'm saying is if they were gonna march to the black gate with the eagles, why the hell didn't they do that from the damn start?

The eagles didn't join the war until very end.

Right, so the theory that they didn't care is fault

Because when it became clear that their own existence became threatened they only helped to save themselves

You sound like someone who watched the movies and didn't read the books.

That doesn't make any sense though. They could've just marched there and taken the hobbits from the fucking start instead of Gandolf demanding Frodo walk there.

What did they eat and drink for that entire year, each other's asses?

So you're ok with that length of time passing in 9 hours worth of movie but GOD FORBID WE DONT SEE THEM EAT ALL THEIR MEALS

The plan of the Fellowship of the Nine was to get the ring into Mordor without Sauron finding it. It was a long shot from the begginging, but it was their best plan. When Aragorn marched an army to the gates of Mordor they were about to loose the battle. Even if the races of man, elves, dwarves, and four hobbits tried to march to Mordor before Saruman showed his betrayal they would have lost.

It didn't take a fucking year, that was my point

It took six months. Almost exactly six months

How would they have lost? They only needed to distract the eye for like 10 minutes while the eagles fly in with Frodo

No it took a few days, maybe a week

They mostly ate lembas bread, which is described as being, "more strengthening than any food made by Men." Twords the end of Frodo and Sam's journey they run out of lembas bread. They try to forage for food, but the closer to Mordor they get the more ravaged the landscape is. This is why there are parallels drawn between the no man's land of WWI and Mordor.

Because the Nazgul would have fucked up the egals.

I know all of this. What I'm saying is that they didn't have anywhere near enough bread to last an entire year.

They fought them at the fucking gate though so that isn't true

The bread feeds you for like a week in one bite.

You're just stupid for thinking that. You're not gonna find an answer that satisfies you because the actual problem is that you're a fucking dolt.

That is not correct whatsoever

How am I stupid? Go watch the movie again they only took like 5 pieces with them

Read more, simp.

I don't think it says otherwise but it was made for long journeys so thats how i interpreted it. im not a big lotr nerd but i assumed it worked that way

Well it doesn't, now fuck off

I don't have to read anything because I am right and you are not

Gandalf didn't want any hobbit walking to Mordor. When Bilbo offered to carry the burden of the Ring, Gandalf replied to him, "You cannot take this thing back. It has passed on. If you need my advice any longer, I should say that your part is ended, unless as a recorder."

Attached: 1551278771477.jpg (480x480, 18K)

Where in the movie did this happen? Sounds like you're making shit up

Why are you still here?

Attached: KA01MPIsr-fBW2o1XE0MXBLZWdB9rm9SoaHyUOOpF2o.jpg (854x447, 70K)

>wanting to face Saurons army face to face with two fucking Hobbits
Nigger what?
>"But muh eagles"
They only showed up on the tip of the end,when shit was at "Tsunami" Tiers of fucked
>"T-The armies marched against Sauron at the end!"
To buy time and gain a distraction so Frodo could destroy that goddamned ring! Without 200000 orcs rushing against him and 20000 more guarding it

I took a direct quote from the book, for FUCKS sake!

They ended up face to face with his army anyway though so what are you talking about?

But dude, they ended up at the black gate anyway so this argument makes no sense

Sure you did fag

Stick with Transformers and the Marvel Universe.
We'll all be happier.

Why do you say that, because the story has a massive plot hole in it?

We've all heard this one. There are many reasons, but the easiest to understand is Nazgul. The Dark Lord has an army of flying eldritch horrors. If a great eagle was seen flying over Mordor it would be swamped in Nazgul before it could hope to reach Mt. Doom.

But also the plan required stealth, the eagles didn't want to do it, it would contradict Gandalf's prophecy that Gollum still had a role to play, and a dozen other reasons.

No, because you're too autistic/literal to deal with allegory and symbolism.
You should probably just stay in your lane.
That's why they make comic books and movies made from comic books.

They didn't have to fly into Mordor itself. They could've dropped them off at the black gate. I'm just saying they going there with all the fucking men made no sense.

Yawn, you are boring the fuck out of me

reddit.com/r/FanTheories/comments/130it2/lord_of_the_rings_a_theory_about_the_eagle_plot/

this shit is ancient. "Fly you fools"

When the Fellowship leaves Lothlorien the elves give them "many gifts of food and clothing for the journey." After Gimli eats a piece of bread one of the elves says, "‘All the same, we bid you spare the food,’ they said. ‘Eat little at a time, and only at need. For these things are given to serve you when all else fails. The cakes will keep sweet for many many days, if they are unbroken and left in their leaf-wrappings, as we have brought them. One will keep a traveller on his feet for a day of long labour, even if he be one of the tall Men of Minas Tirith.’
So lembas does not give you energy for a week, but one day. It also does't give a specific number of how many pieces they received.

Why the fuck didn't Gandolf bring it up durinig the faggy meeting with the elfs?

Dude, I understand and know this already. Nowhere in that paragraph does it say it took them a year to get to Mordor.

>Yawn, you are boring the fuck out of me
Exactly why you need to stick with comic books.
You know, for the pictures.

I just looked in the Atlas of middle earth. It says Frodo and Sam left the fellowship at noon on February 26th and they reached the Crack of Doom on March 25th where the Ring was destroyed.