The problem with all these new female protagonists is simple. They're BORING...

The problem with all these new female protagonists is simple. They're BORING. They're not allowed to have flaws or dimension, they're just generic Mary Sues.

Pictured is their antithesis.

Attached: Ripley.jpg (300x400, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sTvFbLwMDws&list=PLfgnCAfMZSA9-pKu3J-h9_tfAdV996n5h&index=6
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what was james bond's flaw?

It’s a nigger vagina now.

that's not james bond tard.

She's 007, not Bond, he retired in the last one.

which goes back to my question, of if females protagonist are the only ones not allowed to have flaws, what was james bond's flaws?

Morally it was the fact that he could use people, mainly women, to advance his goals while knowing that their contribution would likely get them killed. He was an emotionally distant person, not because he was a sociopath, but because everyone he loves, starting with his parents, gets killed.

Of course if you've watched any of the Bonds in the last decade his flaws are he's white, he's male, he's old and outdated with antiquated methods, and he's a misogynistic dinosaur

He has a weakness for hot women, destroying expensive tech, and gambling.
Also a drinker.

Then why not make her 004? It would be the exact same movie without the fuck you thrown in.

That's right, in at least I movie he was accused of being an alcoholic

Genius. Simple. Fuck they are retarded. I'd actually watch it if she was 0022 or 004 or some believable shit.

No, "shaken not stirred." Does that ring a bell? It's in every film. He drinks in every film. Maybe he's got a handle on his consumption but he is tempted by a good drink, and will drink, on the job that people's lives depend. It's a weakness for a 00 agent. Q doesn't like that shit.

See now Ripley was fine as the strong woman protagonist because she was an original character. This is very different than taking popular white male characters and doing a retread with the character as black or female.

She makes feminism look good. But it's like a movie, pure fantasy, like feminism.

Woah woah woah. Flawed female characters? You must be a republican.

Never said james bond was a good character

according to what standards?

Attached: Flag_of_Asgardia.jpg (377x263, 32K)

You might want to step away from the computer a bit. You're giving snide to people who are agreeing with you. Movies show him having a drink, that doesn't make drinking a problem. But there is 1 movie, I forget which, where they suggest that drinking has been an, "off-camera" bigger issue than "on-camera" suggests.

Only one I remember they mention something about his liver being bad was that crappy Die Another Day.

Alcoholism, womanising, inability to follow the chain of command, frequently AWOL etc
Have you even seen a James Bond film?

Which feminism is that? There have multiple incarnations. For obvious reasons, I like the sexual liberation feminism that didn't conflate sex with evil.

the older ones, never cared for anything past golden eye

And on occasion, killing without authorization (abuse of "licence to kill").

I really hate that "Goldeneye" did not become the template for all future Bond films. I loved that it was actually allowed to be introspective.

You can hear it in the score.

youtube.com/watch?v=sTvFbLwMDws&list=PLfgnCAfMZSA9-pKu3J-h9_tfAdV996n5h&index=6

wat

He's a shitty cardboard mary sue like most modern rewritten protagonists

bond is mutaded to femnazi stuff

An alcoholic smartass who can’t keep his dick in his pants and doesn’t obey orders?

wtf where is blomfeld

The irony. Ripley's chatacter was originally written as a male.

are any of these really flaws back when ian flemming was writing the books?

fleming*

No

Not obeying orders or the chain of command when it is a lawful order is/was always bad.

not when it was necessary to defeat the bad guy. i feel as if you're stuck on the daniel craig version of bond.

Read what I said mate, and no.

what movies pre-daniel craig did he disobey orders and/or abuse his license to kill?

totally agree. Nowadays ladys are more a feminism doll than a real heroine with a solid personality

Attached: descent_3.gif (400x338, 94K)

Literally the movie License to Kill...

Attached: 5_6217640085005795338.gif (597x605, 4K)

And Schwarzenegger was originally slated to play the protecting Reese character rather than the Terminator. Characters and story lines are altered all the time during production. So what? Until a book or movie is put out to the public the character doesn't exist as part of the culture. There's no irony in viewing Ripley as an original female character even if in the writers mind the character started as male. There is no comparison between this and taking established characters and stories and drastically altering them for the sake of fake "inclusiveness"

he resigned and went rogue. that is neither disobeying orders, nor abusing a license to kill

BUMP

Ripley and Sarah Conor are the best heroines of all time. No other modern female characters come close to these gals.

i should also add that was not an ian fleming story

He ran away remember, he was told to report and he ditches, then commits a heap of crimes.

>After Bond kills Killifer using the same shark tank used for Leiter, M meets Bond in Key West's Hemingway House and orders him to an assignment in Istanbul, Turkey. Bond resigns after turning down the assignment, but M suspends Bond instead and revokes his licence to kill. Bond becomes a rogue agent, although he later receives unauthorised assistance from Q.

Because its supposed to be a shocking moment you doofus. They say 007 come in and guess what.. ITS NOT. omg big fucking deal jesus christ get over it.

I think technically the role's gender was unspecified no?

man Alien was unironically one of the best film series ever even though it's old as fuck, that what's her face actor was amazing. the new one sucked though

Attached: 1423269667700.jpg (398x500, 76K)

Should have stopped after 2 films

Attached: Screenshot_20190707-230014_Chrome.jpg (1440x2960, 1.31M)

Attached: FB_IMG_1563293889355.jpg (828x858, 36K)

> TRIGGERED

I don't understand why Aliens gets so much love. If you rewatch it and then watch Resurrection they are basically on par with each other, both are pretty generic. Alien on the other hand is game changing, all-time type of stuff.

Yes. Alien 3 was pure shit and the 4th part hadn't the originals spirit

caliber actually looks like its going to be really good though to be fair

Alien 4 is not as cruel and serious as Aliens. It has a lot of jokes and does not take the "non-stop action" like the secuel

interesting way to spell sequal

Watch the Assembly Cut. It's genuinely good, and while I don't have the energy to nerd out about it in full right now, let's just say it explores a different thematic angle while staying true to the original vision of how an Alien movie should feel.

user thinks that James Bond has become a black woman, user is wrong. James Bond retires, and another agent gets the number 007 -this other agent is a black woman.

commence reeeee

Except that you can't even spell it either you retard. It's sequel.

because Bond retires, and she gets the agent number 007.

doctor

Resurrection was deeply confused, but I still have a soft spot for it as a great piece of b-grade 90s buttrock scifi, rather than an Alien film. IMO only the AvP crap was a completely worthless part of the franchise.

no its just another interesting way to spell it you fucking goober

If you don't think this is a sneaky way of doing that typical hollywood bullshit of "subverting tropes" for virtue points then I have bad news for you.

They knew a straight replacement
>this is bond now
wouldn't fly, so they are basically doing it a different way.
>this is 007 now
killing an already dead franchise.

thank you user!

>The problem with all these new female protagonists is simple.

It's not really that they are boring, but it's forced on the audience with some bullshit girl power message. Ripley's gender was crucial for the plot to work and she did an amazing job now. But take Super woman from the last avengers, just didn't make sense and her role was wedged in there as white women saves the day. That's all.

The new charlies angels with kristen stewart is gonna suck balls. Who wants to watch that shit? There's no good backstory, they can all fight somehow without having any braces on their knees, and why would anyone pay money to watch that skank who lezes out and can only act with her mouth open.

This

ANY character that saves the day effortlessly is boring, and it gets annoying when that happens for forced reasons.

>There's no good backstory

None what so ever. Just another feel good, virtue signalling waste of money. I don't mind female actors, I just don't liked how forced their roles are.

>You'd better like the new TV show, it's women doing things on TV. If you don't like it you are sexist.

Thing is aliens pioneered that style of sci-fi action.

Caliber? Is that the new alien film?

Huh. I don't like that style, but that is a good point.

Each to their own but I get pissed when people say aliens is a generic film. It created a formula that is easy to copy cheaply unfortunately. I'm biased anyway as it's my favourite film with alien a close second even though I think they're both 10/10.

checked, but my question is, how is she going to bond burger my sister last night?

reeee initiated.

of cause it's a sneaky way of doing that typical Hollywood bullshit of "subverting tropes", but if they make it work I don't give a fuck. I like new shit, shake the fucking bag let's see something new.

>killing an already dead franchise.
if it's already dead to you, then why the sperg out? Go watch Rack Reacher or John Wick.

>how is she going to bond burger my sister last night?
touché..

yw! I actually saw the Assembly cut first, so I don't know how well someone's opinion can be recovered. Some complaints can't be fixed, like unceremoniously killing off the survivors of Aliens. But if I had to sum it up, I'd say the biggest difference is that Assembly restores the brooding, the atmosphere building, and some of the character relationships to a film that really wanted to be more brooding and methodical than just action-y. Theatrical cut is just chopped to bits.

Oh snap. Someone's up on the hip lingo. Ima bond burger the fuck outta this hizzy tonight

I really like the third movie. I think the prisoners are the most fun characters in the series. Also my favorite use of the word fuck on film. The CGI has aged terribly though

Not cgi. The only cgi is the head cracking at the end.

The whole point of James Bond is he's a mysogynist but women love him because he's so cool. The new Bond should just be like that. A mysandrist that men fall in love with because she's badass. Problem solved.