Did you ever stop to think how hard it would be on a technical scale to make a typical hamburger for the King if you...

Did you ever stop to think how hard it would be on a technical scale to make a typical hamburger for the King if you traveled back in time?

You would have to source and create from scratch mayonnaise, mustard and / or ketchup.

Attached: 383C59E3-814C-44B2-B027-DF8F5F44EF79.jpg (1600x1200, 450K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thewoksoflife.com/how-to-grind-meat-without-a-grinder/
cargillgroundbeef.com/learn-history.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not to mention the fact that equipment needed to grind hamburger may not be available.

Yes, we all know we live in an unparalleled age of luxury and convenience.
And no one cares. They just want MORE. They don't know what anything is, or how it works, they just know they want MORE

No such thing as nigger kings and only niggers eat this cancer shit

You can mince up a decent burger with a knife, but for large scale production you'd need something engineered.

Mustard is a weed, and not a recent discovery. mash the seeds and you've got mustard powder. Just add water.

Mayonnaise is an emulsion of vegetable oil and water made by beating it together with egg whites.

Puree tomatoes and cook in some sugar and that's basically ketchup.

No none of these are perfect, but they're anachronisms, nobody you're feeding would know it doesn't taste exactly right.

Mayonaise is pretty easy and can be made with any egg/vinegar/oil much harder are mustard and ketchup because mustard seeds and tomatoes are more exotic.

Pretty sure back in the day they had cheese, beef, lettuce, onion and bread.
So you can easily make a condimentless hamburger.

not really
all you need was a bit of coin
>go to the baker to get bread, cut into two slices
>go to the farmer to buy tomatoes, onions, and lettuce
>go to the dairy farmer to buy cheese
yes, they had cheese back then, but it was a luxury item
>go to the butcher for ground meat
>use a medieval stove like pic related
there, a burger fit for a king

Attached: gm_00277601.jpg (615x582, 186K)

Do you have brain damage? Making Mayonnaise is the easiest fucking thing.

Mayo is eggs and oil.
Ketchup is vinegar, reduced tomatoes, and spices
Mustard is ground mustard seed, vinegar, and spices
Ground beef is made with a simple grinder which is a new invention, but sausage is a very old invention. So i know butchers from the 1600s would have known how to make minced meats in patty form.

Do it, op. Go feed the king.

I’m not a chef. I’ve never learned the skill of making this from scratch. I think in a way I am highlighting the dependency of the skills of others, even though I can do other things considered as a “lost art” to many.

I am also pointing out that if you were sucked into the past, how much do you know about any one thing to contribute to the advancement of society.

“Yeah bro. We have ____ in the future but I don’t know how to teach it to you.”

You guys realize they didn't have tomatoes, right? Those came from the new world.

all of these are actually pretty simple. toughest would be to get the bun right, since it would be tough to get decent quality sugar

You realize I just blew my asshole out with cheesesteak diarrhea, right? That came from my dinner last night.

>Yes, we all know we live in an unparalleled age of luxury and convenience

and life still sucks

Good, they can stay there

you're not funny retard

Retro engineering most consumer products for primitives with moderate science and engineering skills of the past would be a challenge for a lay person

that's what your mom said last night

>mayonnaise
Trivial, I never buy it anymore.
>ketchup
Impossible if pre-Columbus. No tomatoes yet.
>mustard
Also not that hard, and the mustard seeds required were readily available in Europe.

They definitely had the beef, cheese, etc and bread ingredients you'd need, not 100% sure when manual meat grinders appeared so that might be a challenge. They'd have onions and lettuce for sure as well.

A reasonable hamburger would definitely be achievable.

>Mayonnaise is an emulsion of vegetable oil and water made by beating it together with egg whites.

You use egg yolk not egg white in a mayonnaise.

thewoksoflife.com/how-to-grind-meat-without-a-grinder/

Per the interwebz Friedrich Christian Ludwig Freiherr Drais von Sauerbronn invented the manual meat grinder in the 1800’s. Without going too deep into the topic, it appears ground beef want around until the 1830’s.

cargillgroundbeef.com/learn-history.aspx

Wasn’t

If I knew I was going to go back in time, and make a king a burger, I would just hit 5 Guys before I left. Why make half assed when you can bring 5 Guys.

He would then say, “What a burger!” And Texas would still end up losing it to Chicago

Finely chop beef.
Make mayonnaise out of egg yolk and oil.
Make ketchup out of tomato. The sugar can be replaced with honey or omitted.
Buns are bread.
Veggie toppings are a thing.
Cheese is a thing.
It's not THAT hard.

"need ketchup" "need mayonnaise"

the fuck is wrong with you.

Always want to try them, None around here. Hell, we lost all of our BoJangles thanks to our crooked politicians. Owner got tired of the Mafia tactics, fired his employees and closed every single store he owned, which was all of them in 100 miles. so, how does WAB compare to 5Guys?

Only if you're a little bitch. Life is whatever the fuck you want it to be, if you have discipline. People achieve great things even though they were dealt a shitty hand.

That's the only thing you need to have a good life. Discipline brings more happiness than money.

Not really. Mustard is just mustard seed, salt, and water at it's core. You just mill the mustard, add it to water with salt and reduce it down to make a thick paste. For ketchup you just scoop out the seeds of tomatoes, boil the flesh, peel it, and then cook it completely by boiling. Once that's done you just drain them, mash them, add some water or oil, reduce to a thick paste (with salt and whatever seasons you want added)

For meats, you just use a hand grinder, like you'd use to make sausage.

Mayo is probably the easiest. You just use oil (sunflower oil was popular amongst the royals in the middle ages), some milled mustard seed and an egg. Then whisk it, adding more oil as you whisk to thicken it. Once it's the proper thickness, add a little acidic juice of some sort (in the middle ages, they used apple juice) and rewhisk. Bam. Done.

From there on out it's just a matter of making cheese and buns, which I'm sure we all know how to do.

>finances journey to the new world to be a famefag all because king was told about ketchup

Your asshole was blown out long ago by nigger dick.

Obviously, pre-1550s you'll have to talk the king into financing a trip to peru if you want ketchup. Otherwise, Italy and spain will be your tomato source.

I can't imagine what it's like to be a person who unironically says shit like this. I'm assuming you're a miserable incel type.

>only niggers eat an all American food item

Okay retard

What's WAB?