Bought my first car a few days ago, post your rides

Bought my first car a few days ago, post your rides

Attached: IMG_20190715_214145.jpg (1736x1074, 471K)

Congrats OP

Attached: 085342091.jpg (960x540, 97K)

Looks like an old porsch

THATS EITHER A RX-7 OR SUPRA

88 mazda rx7

When did you get it

About 5 years ago. Paid 3k for it. Have since rebuilt the engine, added reliabilty mods, and simplified the emissions system

I got mine last week from a garage, the guy said I was getting cheap because there was no service history with it, its done 194k and the timing belt and water pump needs changing every 80k, found the service history in the inner glove box, it's just had them done and full history, only paid £995 for it, if its what I think I've got a steal, but on the other hand I've only had it a few days it might blow up yet

One of my friends has an older supra, its awesome to drive, I kinda want to buy one as a daily driver

TDI?

I had an 06 Passat for a while, was a good daily driver and I appreciated the turbo.

Congrats OP.

2 liter turbo sport, it might be tdi I've just been overwhelmed with papers these last few days haven't really paid attention

Thanks stranger

2013 impreza
2015 golf tdi sportwagen
2009 GMC 1500
1980 tdi rabbit

Not a TDI unless it's diesel. TSI is the gas 2 liter 4 cyl.

Source: have a '17 Golf GTI, am VW nerd

Even if it did blow up, its worth more than what you paid in parts alone

Under 1000 miles, '03, manual, front trunk.

Attached: 20100721.jpg (2560x1440, 1.13M)

2012 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4x4 Crew Cab with 5.7 Hemi.

Modifications:
Locking gas cap
Aerodynamic bumper dents
Muffler delete

0-60 in like 7 seconds
1/4 mile probably around 10 and a half seconds on bald street tires

It is a diesel

Attached: B5DAF8B7-3F44-4033-AEBE-817CBDA91F04.jpg (960x574, 156K)

It's a crazy amount of car for 995, it has electric seats, dual climate control, rain sensors, automatic headlights, I still don't get why it was so cheap

is it used?

That shit looks like a blast to ride

10/10 would drive

What kind of question is this? Do you think he possibly bought a NEW CAR for a grand?

The spare on the back. 10/10

Yeah, 194k on the clock, but everything works, new clutch and new timing belt and water pump, it cost about 1200 usd

Forgot to mention I thought about getting it dynoed once and it put down about 1200 horsepower at the front wheels and 1650 at the rear.

Also forgot one modification. I punched my wife in it so hard one time 3 of her eyelashes stuck to my fist so I licked my finger and stuck them to the headliner with my spit they been up there about 3 months now.

Its so cheap because something is fucking up and the previous owner doesn't have the time, energy, or resources to fix this car yet again. Hes eager to sell, and he'll tell you everything under the sun is in perfect working order, until you hit 60 on the highway and find out that the tire rods are shot, or the tranny is on its way out (most common cause of a low price on used cars). Did you get a mechanic to check it out before purchasing it? Most will meet you at a place and time, go over the car, tell you the flaws, and charge you $100 or so. Better than buying blind.

go fuck yourself.

How come all the fellas at /o/ adamantly warn others against Nissan? Entire threads are devoted how they were once the pinnacle of jap craftsmanship and now they get shit on constantly

What gives?

I bought it from a garage who took it in part x, its been fine so far, few times down the motorway, done 500 miles

I told myself when I bought it, its too cheap engines going to explode

I know this is your first car so this question might be moot but....is there any "weird noises"? Like noises that you're not entirely sure a car should be making? Does the steering wheel shake when you go over 40mph? Is there a visible clunk in your dashboard when the car shifts gears? (Wait, is it automatic or manual?) Manual transmissions are fickle as fuck and most times, that's the reason the car is being sold so cheap. You said diesel gas? That might be another reason, just the cost of gas alone. It could be totally fine. It could be on the verge of disaster. The best advice I can give you is to take it into a mechanic for a once over. They'll give you a print out of all the work that needs to be done. Replacing a transmission, and an engine, are the two most expensive things you can get done on a car. Mine cost about $4K (tranny), and the engine was on its way out when I traded it into a dealership. That's not including costs for timing belts, blown gaskets etc. I easily wasted more than the cost of the car itself, just on repairs because the owner burned me. Its a shitty situation to get caught in.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention: jiffy lube will give you this print out for free, no charge.

wow that's some build

Attached: 1562905891335.jpg (500x632, 56K)

They were bought by fiat who lowered their standards in like the mid 2000s

1996 Crown Vic.
Beep beep mutherfucker!

Attached: 4BCD7334-88EE-4922-A03B-020FE791850C.jpg (628x341, 47K)

You're 100% right stranger, mot is due next month, if its fucked it's fucked, but I've seen them with 300k for more so fingers crossed

Oh yeah, foreign made can last a lifetime if taken care of properly. Its just that theres no way to know if the previous owner actually did that or not. They'll say anything if it puts cash in their hand. The things he listed are pretty...benign to be honest. Those things can be "in great shape" and the rest can be in tatters, and he could still technically claim that those parts in particular are "in great shape". But its easy for those parts to be "in great shape". Easy as fuck. Some parts get more wear and tear than the others, like those.

Renault, not Fiat

It's got a full service history from new, it's an ex company car only done motor way miles, timing belt and water pump done at 80k and again at 164k, service book is stamped every 6 months till 2018

I have a 99 Ford Taurus and my bike... Looking to get a new car here. Any recommendations for something under 10k? Was thinking a diesel passat

Attached: bike.jpg (310x163, 11K)

>it's an ex company car
Ooh that's fun.
Wait...
When you say "timing belt done" twice in equal intervals, do you mean routine maintenance or the timing belt had to get replaced twice? Why did it need to get replaced twice? Parts don't go wrong independent of other systems. If something is fucking up the coolant system, that means the trans is fucking up.

A 2017 Volvo S90
I fucking love this and I wouldn't trade it for anything else
Maybe a 2019 S90 but that's it

Attached: 20190715_225446.jpg (650x510, 311K)