Can someone unironically explain to me why Americans are the only ones to put the month before the day when writing a...

Can someone unironically explain to me why Americans are the only ones to put the month before the day when writing a date?
I'm not trolling or anything, but for the life of me I can't find one single acceptable reason. Every blog article I read says that it's just "easier" whatever the fuck that means

Attached: date_format.png (799x286, 17K)

In the military we did day first, so out of habit I still write the date with the same format. I also noticed I make my zeros and sevens the same way as back then.

23-7-19
24-5-19
24-7-19
25-6-19
seems way more annoying to sort that than by month-day-year

probably because it rolls off the tongue easier to say month then day. saying the 25th of august sounds retarded compared to august 25th

Attached: its true.jpg (448x733, 52K)

>12 months
+ days
>>>endless years
It's that simple. Why are you making your pyramids all fucky?

Its like the bible. Chapter:verse

When you can rape every other shitty country, you get the ability to do whatever you want.

Month/Day/Year is how the strong choose to format their dates. The weak shithole countries chose Day/Month/Year so that their small brains don't explode trying to comprehend something that isn't defaulted to the absolute simplest form possible.

Wew lad...forget to take your pills this morning?

>shitty country haver detected
>my american sides

Attached: 2odn95.jpg (804x644, 120K)

we put the most important one first. month matters most, then day, then year. if you care about the year, you're a fag

Probably some retard with a lot of influence started to use it the retarded way until it got established. And now americans are just used to it.

But damn, I think there should be a small (us) after the time when it's written the retarded way.

No, not really.

google says the US does it because it's derived from some historical british standard, so i guess the answer is, "brits taught us to do it that way then changed their minds."

Because the day is meaningless without the month, thus its more sensible to specify the month first. Plus it sounds better and requires fewer words, i.e. If you put month first you can say June 25th, with day first you have to say 25th of June because 25th June sounds caveman-ish in regular conversation.

That being said on most financial, technological, military, and scientific documents/records we use day month year time -> 25June19.

This

There’s a few things Americans purposely did differently than the Brits before during and after the revolution to show disdain to the brits and solidarity with each other.

It’s also why the eat with the fork in the right hand. It’s less efficient and more difficult but at least they showed those stupid brits by hobbling themselves.

>say 25th of June because 25th June
But now you spell it 25th of June.
Writing and speaking isn't the same. There isn't a "June" in 250619, 190625, or in 062519.

It's about what makes sense to write, not speak, speech is often retarded.
There's some languages that say 35 like "five and thirty" instead of "thirty five".

Writing is another thing, especially numbers it's so easy to organize logically. Especially since numbers and dates are used in the digital age.
Biggest and most impactful number first. So june 25th year 2019 is should be written:

20190625 (or 190625)

If you create a folder/document on a company server for each day, they will be ordered alphabetically and by date.

I now live in a country where it's reversed, and it's retarded to see:

And the american way would be equally retarded:

>year 1546347601000
>not just memorizing linux epoch
maximum newfag detected

Attached: 10789525.png (243x245, 13K)

This is why so much of the world dislike you yanks. Your arrogance, violence and stupidity.

Cry about it more, little shit country having faggyboy?

year though...
second please
1970 is not 1,5 trillion years ago...(1,5 billion in none-american, another irritating thing)

I rest my case.

It's milliseconds you fucking computer illiterate moron.

It is pretty simple. English language will avoid using the preposition whenever possible in speech. "February 20th" instead of "The 20th of February." It is simpler and more direct. How the date is written is based upon how it is spoken. In telling the date for most purposes the month and the year are usually sufficient for everyday conversations, but some of the times you need to specify the year. So it is month and day as they would be spoken and then the year. When we transitioned to writing it as symbols we followed the speech. If you try to read anything more into that, you are the stupid one wasting your time complaining about one of the billions of arbitrary language developments.

You're forced to rest your case lol. Your country is too fucking weak to do anything about it otherwise so you just have to sit there and take it.

It's like if America fucked your mom and called you a little faggot, you'd say, "I rest my case", cause you're too weak to do shit. Bitch!

All mouth and no trousers.

"july ninth" is easier than saying "the ninth of july"
In jobs or any position that deals with any kind of records, you're very often searching for something printed within the span of a few months, and so it becomes quicker to find the right month first, and then find the appropriate month for it. If you had to repeatedly scan through less than a month of data, then it would make more sense to use day first. I find a lot of US industry practices also have "special" units or formats that only benefit whatever niche task needs to be done, while sacrificing 1-step base10 convertability or international consistency.
Niche optimization to make single tasks easier, that's about it

closer than year

Trousers... what kind of a faggot little word is that, little faggot?

the year is the easiest thing to remember.
the day is the hardest but its importance is less than the month.

there is a psychological improvement with MDY.

>can't effectively use a knife with his left handed
no wonder your government can't trust you with them

No? That's the exact amount milliseconds from the start of the linux epoch to Jan 1st 2019...

You're too stupid and nobody should have to be walked through this simple information.

Lol. You can’t even win a war against some primitive sandniggers. You’re as bad as Italy when they lost their war with Ethiopia. Italy had tanks and rifles and the Ethiopians beat them with spears and arrows. You have jets and drones and the afghanis and Iraqis defeat you with ak47s.

>the day is the hardest but its importance is less than the month.
Whut. No, the importance of year/month/day is totally subjective lol.

In day-to-day life the day is probably mostly important.

>Were I going to that job interview 18th or 19th (this month)?
vs.
>Were I going to that job interview in july 18th or august 18th?

You might have a mental impairment if you are keen to say the latter.

>shit country have detected
ooof lad I bet your main sport is something retarded and poor like SOCCER LOL

>1546347601000 years are closer to 1546347601000 milliseconds than 1546347601000 seconds are to 1546347601000 milliseconds.

Ok

It’s funny watching Americans eat.
> Take bite with fork in right hand
> out of bites have to cut more
> transfer fork to left hand
> pick up knife with right hand
> cut the steak up into a bunch of pieces like your feeding a child
> set knife down
> transfer fork to right hand
> take some bites
> repeat

It’s painful and embarrassing to watch.

>being this fucking stupid
Set up a gofundme for your tard wrangler. He isn't getting payed nearly enough.

When you can win 2 world wars and land on the moon, you’ve got a right to be arrogant

Okey Mr. Year 1546347601000

did you know kodak officially used a weird 13 month calendar?

Attached: lead_large.png (620x418, 198K)

1546347601000 milliseconds represents a year. You're really stupid though so that doesn't make sense to you. I'd feel bad for your parents, but they're probably also idiots.

(you)

So that what
>year 1546347601000
is supposed to mean in your tongue. Impressed you're able to google with such low language skills.

Please use english from now on.

It was defined in the same exact post as linux epoch, which uses milliseconds.

If you were ever wondering if you were a retard, at least now you know the answer.

Brits used to write Month-Date-Year way back when, so the colonies did too. Brits changed to be in-line with the rest of europe at some point after that, and we never did.
Was never really a point of confusion until it became a string of numbers and not a month written out.

You really are below average mate.

A year is 31579200000 milliseconds.
1546347601000ms are (almost) 49 years.

Are you just here to bring shame over the people who share your genes?

Mr. Year 1546347601000 is at it again

But you lost in Vietnam

>A year is 31579200000 milliseconds.
>1546347601000ms are (almost) 49 years.

Yes, genius. Linux Epoch wasn't invented 2019 years ago.

Linux Epoch started in 1970, or 49 years ago like your MEGA-BRAIN was able to deduce.... lol this is just getting pathetic.

Attached: embarrassing.jpg (334x393, 17K)

holy fuck you're stupid as shit

So back to:
>year 1546347601000
Let me fix that for you....AGAIN!
>millisecond 1546347601000

stfu samefag

wow you are a retard.

Not samfagging.. at all! promise.

Pathetic. Thanks for proving my point with your brilliant calculations lol.

Okay Mr. Year 1546347601000 :)

This literally made my day how you actually tried to sound smart by calculating the ms and only ended up proving my point and making yourself look like a retard. I am legitimately grateful that you did that. It's just too perfect lol.

Attached: 2135329812.jpg (1884x1454, 170K)

Haha, that's so true Mr. Year 1546347601000

It really is. Not even upset at you anymore it was just too funny. Love genuine fails. Thanks user take it easy.

America has been the world's mvp superstar for the last 1000 years. Everyone on the planet looks up to us and for good reason. We are just inherently better humans than the rest of the world's population, that's why we're in America. Even a drug-addict American nigger is better than a successful European pureblood, because he's American. You can all pretend it's not true but deep down inside you know it is true. So if Americans say the date a certain way then you can be certain it is the correct way because American. Don't kill babbys unless it's with guns and watch the real news on Fox. Thank you my amusing inferiors and Gob Less 'Murrika.

So you where upset Mr. Year 1546347601000? That makes me happy.

You can't be as upset as I was 1546347601000 years ago, the year 1970 when The Beatles broke up. That made me upset.

More like just disappointed that a fellow human being could be that dumb, but then you went above and beyond dumb into pure retard and you seriously meant it lol. That alone proves that it's ok to have stupid people on this planet so that they can provide laughs for the non-tards.

You are a blessing.

>You are a blessing.

Thank you Mr. Year 1546347601000.

Now that we are friends I'll have to wish you a Happy New Year! It's now year 1563120216345!

samefag pls

Attached: 1561859235158.jpg (640x566, 80K)

Actually this is wrong. The year didn't start on 1563120216345, it started on 1546347601000 like you were clearly told, but you just didn't know what to do with that information even though you were given the units of measurement along with the quantity... Oh well!

He's not a samefag, he just made a big mistake and is now desperately trying to save face, but it's not really working. I really wish he would just take pride in his retardation since it's genuinely impressive.

>samefag pls
>quoting 1 post

Also, Happy New Year! Have an awesome year 1563120484123!

Yikes. If you're going to be retarded, can you do it in a funny way like your other posts? That's clearly not me, bud.

Can someone explain how to use the terms 'ironically' and 'unironically' to this fucking retard?

>Actually this is wrong. The year didn't start on 1563120216345, it started on 1546347601000

Oh, you really haven't understood for real yet? I though we where just throwing shit by now.

Holy god...

I'll try to explain my point then...
1546347601000 = the point of year 49
Does not make it
>year 1546347601000
It's still 'millisecond 1546347601000'

The same way
>year 365
is 'year 365'. Not 'year 1' because you count in days and not years.

...a.k.a. linux epoch doesn't have years. It only has ms.

Come again?

Attached: Capture.jpg (650x329, 69K)

the whole thing is stupid. just drop it. i'm in computer science and i was almost thinking of leaving actual graffiti in the theater classroom when i first took "systems programming and C" and learned about it and write the date in 2038 with "servers are down" underneath, along with various idiotic graffiti in the back top row, but there is no modern posix build that hasn't just changed the size of that variable.

i bet you don't even understand the Y2K deal and how it was the fact that COBOL required not data type "size" but simply fucking digits. in C, they can use "word size" and if it were a real issue for the year 2038 problem, they could just change the year size in the OS with a script fix at boot. with COBOL, they had to change every single program, of which 90% of all transactions STILL go through, every day.

Hooray he's trying to be smart and failing again! Thanks for listening to my requests user you are amazing at this.

>year 1546347601000
>year of 1546347601000 milliseconds
>Jan/1/2019
>aka the start of the year

I'm happy that you're at least trying to grasp something clearly foreign and new to you.
Oh shit! Look at you trying to learn something new that I'm teaching you about! I'm glad you at least semi understand how it works, but you don't seem to understand how to read it yet. Keep trying!

>i'm in computer science
Is it cs III by chance?! You seem very versed in the field with all your graffiti and y2k talk that everyone hears about on day 1 of university. what's a script btw checkem?

(0-12)/(0-31)/(0-99)

>year 1546347601000
>year of 1546347601000 milliseconds

Lol trying so hard.

Hint:
>year of 366 days
isn't the same as
>year 366

So dense it could've been cute.

▲ ▲

It's clear that common sense isn't your strong suit. Next time i'll make it even more clear after giving you the painfully obvious context, the exact units of measurement to use, and the quantity itself.

I forget how retards need a lot of help sometimes lol thanks again for the laughs I still think your embarrassing "brain maths" was the best post of this thread about learning what the term linux epoch actually meant.

▲▲

󠛡 ▲
▲ 󠛡▲

Attached: 0548068806.jpg (2184x1394, 156K)

▲ ▲

▲ ▲

󠛡 󠛡 󠛡 󠛡 󠛡 󠛡 󠛡 󠛡 󠛡 󠛡 󠛡 󠛡 󠛡 󠛡 󠛡 󠛡 󠛡 󠛡 󠛡 󠛡 󠛡▲
▲ ▲

what if i told you... windows also has an epoch time?

Seems the Brits evolved and you didn't.
Also: metric system.

▲ ▲

Perhaps in English. In Spanish sounds retarded the way you do it.

Attached: cIJNAAu.gif (466x322, 126K)

eval()▲
▲ ▲

this is original, real calendar
other types is fake

It's been good times.

Take care Mr. Year 1546347601000.

Enjoy the next few thousands of years!

because month/day goes from less precise to more, and 95% of the time you don't need to put the year on a thing.

Because you’re being pedantic and not functional.

The first piece of information you want to know is what season the date is in, hence month first.

There’s no practical difference between the 13th of July and the 12th of June based on the days of the month. There’s a significant difference between the 4th and 5th month of the year.

>It's been good times.
Yeah work is a lot more fun when you have someone making you laugh this much.

I'd say try using a dash of common sense in the future so you don't get confused like this, but then moments of this might not happen, so just keep on being yourself, friend.

--▲--
▲▲

Edgy people love to complain about this, but mm/dd/yyyy makes sense to me because it follows the format when you say the date out loud. we say today is July 14, 2019, not today is 14 July 2019

Forum engine deletes the second Space

No, it sounds way more retarded to do it mutt style you faggot kike

Attached: Monkeys-nose_o_58421.jpg (550x706, 89K)

--▲--
▲I▲

󠛡 󠛡▲
󠛡▲ ▲
▲ ▲ ▲

>painful and embarrassing

Imagine your life being so pathetic that you actually care about things like this.

Yes.

Also go to shool kiddo.
It's embarrassing for us all :)

You laughing at your own low intelligence doesn't help the others cringe. Show some sympathy and don't speak to those who are smarter than you.

Be silent to me. Be silent to your teacher. Be silent to your special ed classmates, be silent to anyone above 5-6 years old (I mean actual years here, not milliseconds - you are allowed to speak to 5-6 milliseconds old, seems fitting in subject and intellectual powers).

Ooops I think I made someone mad by showing him how stupid he was. Now I feel bad lol.

>25th of august sounds retarded compared to august 25th
No, august 25th sounds retarded and informal.

OP this is the reason why Americans do it though, both lack of education and eloquence, but that it is written as spoken. They speak retarded like july 14th instead of the 14th of july, so they write it retarded like that too with month first.

1-12
1-31
1-Infinity

You faggots will argue about anything and it changes nothing.

-------------
-----▲-----
---▲I▲---
-▲I▲I▲-
-------------

Attached: 1563109373528.jpg (1200x1385, 172K)

Same. I prefer military format, there's no confusion that today is 24JUL2019. To me, it's a glance without having to do math, and yeah I'm a lazy american

>Now I feel bad lol.
I bet you do, you bad boi.
I'm impressed actually, gave you less credit than you deserve.
Self awareness is a good thing and I thought you fully lacked it until you wrote the above, about you being bad. People who's bad at thinking while they think they are good at thinking usually lack self awareness fully, but you have a little.
Good on you my bad little fuzzyboy.

No they haven’t. They can’t even brexit correctly. Fucking faggots.

As an American, I genuinely hope we keep our archaic ways of doing things. It's unique, as are many thing about the US. Why change it? To appease pedants? Nah. Not every action needs to be dictated by efficiency and logic.

If you want to mock us, feel free. I don't really care. Have a good one Yea Forums.

Attached: 1432248854.jpg (786x553, 74K)

󠛡 ▲ ▲
▲ ▲ ▲󠛡 󠛡
▲ ▲ ▲ ▲
▲ ▲󠛡 ▲ ▲ ▲

14JUL2019. Fat fingers

Oof he's spazzing out hard now. Why does this always happen to ignorant people when you let them know they're wrong lol

But did you put a man on the moon?

didn't they just tell us that studies say being bilingual makes you more intelligent by adding abstraction? we know not one but TWO measurement systems and appreciate both.

You're getting boring Mr. Year and Milliseconds Are The Same Thing.

You have one chance to make it more interesting.

(Chance as in opportunity, not seconds, meters, bell, lumens, volt, year, or other forms of measurement)

Not him, but fucking disprove it you goddamn cuck.

>enter you
>too stupid to assume epoch after being told it's epoch
>doesn't know what epoch is and makes stupid comment
>gets called stupid
>calculate milliseconds in a year and feel smart
>accidentally reinforce the point of the person calling you stupid (lmao)
>googles epoch and realizes you look stupid
>desperately nitpick semantics to make it seem like you knew what epoch was the whole time
Ok little guy! Have fun and don't be to riled up for your parents to tuck you in tonight.

Not him, but what the fuck are you on about?

Because we don't say "the 14th of July" you fucking pedantic dipshit.

It's July 14, 2019. do you understand?

Not good enough.

>It’s also why the eat with the fork in the right hand. It’s less efficient and more difficult

no it isn't

its first of all, a fuck you to the britbongs
second, its by number size

month max is 12
day max 31
year max is 99+

smallest to largest. you dumb ass get some critical thinking skills

Wait did your last post suggest that opportunity was a unit of measurement? I didn't think you could get stupider what you have done it again lad!

Sorry about the multiple other people in the thread calling you stupid btw. It's true, but I don't like seeing kids get ganged up on.

IT'S THE SAME SHIT

TIME

WHERE THE FUCK DID IT GO

My favourite American holiday is July of the 4th.

I still don't understand what your are on about.

I don't know how he can prove the common knowledge that different units of measurement is different.

That the unit Year is vastly different from the unit Millisecond.

Either you know it or you don't. If you need someone to prove it (you fucking cuck), start a flat earth youtube channel or something.

>Wait did your last post suggest that opportunity was a unit of measurement?
The number 1

idk

I'm just shitposting while looking for some fap material.

Also, flat earth is real, you NASA shilling cuck.

This doesn't get interesting until you say new stupid things. This entire thing is me calling you stupid (while getting paid) at work.

And being called stupid.

Correct I'm calling you stupid, because you keep saying really stupid shit and don't use common sense.

You have embarrassed yourself about 5 opportunities worth of times (I think that means 5 times in your language as you have definite opportunity as a new unit of measurement that is equal to 1). Can you say some more dumb stuff to keep me from being bored?

If it's true you're at work I know you have a job, but know that you do not work with something important, where you need to know basic kindergarten shit like different time measurement units, so I feel safe.

This thread is now my safe space. Thank you.

Please keep talking, to keep my nerves cool and relaxed.

Yikes cringe. I said say stupid things! Not things that make me feel sorry for you lol.

>keeps talking

Thanks

>talking
>typing
>same thing
That's kinda stupid, but you can do better.

more baby

Looks like I've gotten all the stupid I can get out of you. Now you're just actingall sad and cringey and defeated.

Never leave my safe space.
I need to keep knowing people are at their right places.

Doesn't make sense but ok! I'll be back when you wanna say more incredibly stupid things just lemme know bye!

As has been explained more than once to retards like you, it works like this.

MONTH = a number from 1 to 12, inclusive.
DAY = a number from 1 to 31, inclusive.
YEAR = Currently a number of 2019, increases.

The numbers are in ascending order of the HIGHEST possible number. 12 will never be higher than 31, so MONTH is first. 31 is never going to be HIGHER than 2019, so it comes second. Finally, YEAR.

It's not goddamned rocket science, you pathetic twat.

Now, stop asking these, and other, retard questions.

I'll let you have the last word so you feel like a winner. I'm nice to tards like that :D Sorry that it wont be read =/

>Doesn't make sense but ok!

I know it doesn't for you my child, and probably never will. Not in a billion milliseconds.

But I'm done gaying with you. Fare in peace.

never seen greater proof that americans are brainlets

Because 29/5/2019 doesn't look right