At home alcohol detox:

At home alcohol detox:
its time. i need it. i work at a hospital in the icu and i see the people that come in with real problems and i see that im pretty much right on the cusp of their situations. how do i do this without dying/killing myself? i want to get back to the point to where i can go out every now and then with friends for a beer or two

Attached: 966766.jpg (264x191, 4K)

>its time. i need it. i work at a hospital in the icu and i see the people that come in with real problems and i see that im pretty much right on the cusp of their situations. how do i do this without dying/killing myself? i want to get back to the point to where i can go out every now and then with friends for a beer or two

hey OP
when people talk about heros in this 6 year old mentality of glory...
i want you to know its people like you who are the real heros
people like you who work their ass off hand keep my dad or my grandma alive... we might be few and in between, but know that your work is not, and will never be unappreciated

OP, im talking to you

Attached: 1280163251763.jpg (300x301, 52K)

What the fuck my guy. He said he worked in an ICU he didn't say he was a surgeon. For all we know he's wiping trach butts all day. The point here was he was asking how to get over his alcoholism and I'm here to say it ain't easy.

OP you gotta make a choice that takes a lot of willpower. Drink less one day, then drink less the next. So easy to type, so hard to really do. Point is, no one can do it for you. Fuckin newfag..........

thanks user. before going into the hospital world, i worked EMS. im humbled to be able to be there for people and their families at the end

OP here. i do wipe a lot of asses. but im also there when things go south. im there when families have to make the decision to withdraw care. im the one that has to put your loved one into the body bag. i tie the tag around their toe.

the nurses in the ICU see some shit, dont take their job for granted. my grandma was dying and through sheer force of will those guys managed to bring her back from the brim of death with no doctor in the ICU at that time.

and i want you to know that those of us who see the value of people like you might be few and far between, but we really appreciate you and can not thank you enough for your work

Very respectable OP, and I sell them the drugs for 30 years before they show up in your 7 bed hell hole. My point was you asked how to quit drinking as much, not about working in healthcare.

My answer was, quitting drinking is hard as shit, and no one on Yea Forums will do it for you. I share your vice, but my moments of clarity and sobriety happen because I decide they do. Gotta own it brutha....

I hope to god you're a pharmacist :D

You jump to some conclusions don't you son. I saw nothing in OP's original post about him being a nurse in an ICU, just that he worked in one. 2 very different things......

I try, some days I am. Some days, well. Some days......

Right so just keep steadily drinking less and less; just keep count of how many you drank, note it or something. Depending on how far you’re into the alcoholic phase, you’ll either die, fail, or end up depressed if you stop cold turkey.

idk if youll belive me if i told you but more than half the time, pharmacists and nurses ted to diagnose problems better than doctors tbh

grasping at straws man

You're a cog in the shit machine that is our failing healthcare, I don't know how we do this shit everyday.

I had to go on a 3 week Bender before I got enlightened. Yeah I still drink but it's nowhere near as bad as I was. It takes time and finding the right moment to find the inner strength to stop. But it's all up to you.

Considering medical error is likely the third leading cause of death in the US, not too far fetched an idea. Sad, but truth, the lesser "hyped" members of care actual sometimes care more and therefore listen better, consider the forest AND the trees, rather than fucking tick another algorithmic ddx and treatment plan. Its putrid.

I'm well aware of that. But I didn't create the shit pile, I'm just a shit bacteria that formed within it. I work in healthcare in Silicon Valley.

My friends go to work and play table tennis while I get yelled at about insurance copays. Point being, learn to code, medicine is passe

Attached: 1585623266.jpg (1884x1454, 170K)

this guy gets it. the docs call the main shots. the RN's keep the pt going, and have a very important part. but the aides tend to spend the most personal time with the patient and family

Probably over 600 deadly drug combinations at the pharmacy i was a department manager at per year if the pharmacist didnt catch it those people would be dead. True story

Sad is it not. Specially after shkrelli and that indian ceo made it impossible for the "R&D drives prices" argument to be considered anything but bullshit anymore. So sad that the idiots above everyone keep failing to realize that medicine isn't about a customer and regular supply & demand, the customer is an obligate consumer who should be considered a fucking patient. Yes of course, the are those who would rather take 50 pills a day rather than buy celery, but there are assholes everywhere doesn't mean you treat everyone like one.

yeah man my dads a pharmacist and he told me about all the times he stopped a wrong prescription literally saving a persons life, these guys earned more of my trust than my doctor

From multiple providers or same provider?

Mostly different doctors its a big city. Doctors dont care they are just like, well this is medicine for his problem ill prescibe it. Most doctors dont even know what interacts with what, or pay attention to the fact that one drug can make another drug stay in your system 10 times longer so every time you take it your risking overdosing.

You can do it if you take it hour by hour and then day by day. I just lost my love and he did horrible and I had to watch all of it. I begged my love to quit and he just didn't until he couldn't. The pain and the playback everyday. I can't sleep because I will see his face and I think you are here but then you wake up and you know your life is fucked up now. Don't' be that person don't let alcohol win. It is a shitty way to die and in the end it is not worth the taste.

well, I suppose it dependes on gow fucking much you drink a day -
two bottles of wine?
a 12 pack of 10% beer?
a bottle of whiskey?
that would go to safety shit that I suppose I know nothing about.

after that, first - you have to want to stop getting high all the time. not like the next day feeling bad, but really want to do things differently.
then invest yourself in other shit you like to do and cultivate enjoying being sober and just fucking enjoying yourself.
and then just pick some days to be sober and reduce your time being drunk.
you'll push wanting to be drunk all the time out of your system.

Phenibut and Kratom can be helpful in fighting off alcohol addiction, though they must be used carefully and sparingly. Phenibut is a GABA drug like alcohol so it is one of the most effective things for fighting off withdrawal and cravings, but will make it all worse if overused. only good for like, once a week emergency use. Kratom is a natural opioid that will ease the pain and panic of withdrawals and allow for a good night's sleep, it can even be used daily without causing opioid withdrawal if you are careful to ensure 24hrs between uses and do not increase your dose over time.

Of course the better thing to do would be to avoid all drugs since being addicted to alcohol means you are more likely to become addicted to other drugs too. but for some people (myself included) these substances put them on the right path to recovery.

regardless of how you choose to go about it I wish you the best. alcohol is truly one of the most evil drugs in this world.

Attached: 7984845023.jpg (1612x1270, 156K)

Would everyone please return to Reddit with the off topic circle jerking? To OP, let go of the idea of occasionally drinking again, it will inevitably return you to your current state.

Dude, I have no idea what that whole paragraph was referring to. Were you talking to me? Fuck if I know.

Anyway, as a doctorate degree holding pharmacist in the United States, the reason healthcare is so expensive is cause you gotta pay me 80 dollars an hour to sell your grandma fuckin lisinopril cause I have to pay back 200k in loans at 7 percent interest. You want lower healthcare? Move tax money to paying for your best and brightest (not the richest) to go to highest education levels so they start out with no debt and you can pay them a lot less, and thus pay a lot less for healthcare.

alright ill drop the off topic
but still i appreciate what OP does, and call me a libcuck or not but he does a job that i wouldn't, despite it being helpful

Attached: +wd.png (1069x573, 1.39M)

If you are an alcoholic chances are slim to none that you will ever be able to go out for just a drink again. I would argue trying to find a substitute. Weed for an example if it is legal where you live. Otherwise I have made the same journey away from booze. I usually go to different social events these days. There is a suprising amount of them that don´t include booze.

alcohol wont help shit. with alcohol u get emotional and stupid. get some coke and 420

the trick it to replace alcohol with something else, preferably something that will take your mind off drinking. go outside more and do some hiking, or start a project that requires some sort of physical activity

No no doc, you're not the problem, the problem is way above the provider levels. My problem with costs stems at the pharmaceutical companies not the pharmacy. Precisely it, if we got over the "the federal government isn't responsible for healthcare" bullshit and instead of subsidizing people who already have well beyond made it, and regulated pharmaceutical companies and insurance companies so that they wouldnt carry on with abusive practices "just because" they can, we would be in a better place. Shit, I once purchased augmentin, 20 count bottle of 875mg tablets, uninsured @ a whopping 192 dollars .... then realized the veterinary practice I ordered the same exact bottle FOR through distributors was priced at 4.15 @ the time, now its around 14 bucks. But even then I wasn't blaming the pharmacy and certainly not the pharmacist. I know who the boogeymen are, they sit in offices all day and drive the business that is healthcare just as if it were another mom&pop shop selling shit people want to buy.....except no one wants to actually buy meds. They are the problem not you and you deserve that fucking 80/hr

Not from reddit faggot, but off topic because the answer has been said.

Its tough as all fucking shit but its self determination and will, a personal choice to cut it the fuck out before it becomes too late and you are beyond help, or worse yet before you yourself stop seeking help. AA is gay as fuck but it works for many, for my dad, nothing did, until one daythe fucking lunatic said FUCK IT IM NOT DRINKING AGAIN....and didnt.... I'm not that good. But you are needed and valued, dont go off into the good night having rotted away as an alcoholic, value yourself more than that and just do it(tm) get off the sauce Yea Forumsud, its for your best and for the people you will continue to help

I won't disagree with you. The system is the problem. And I'm drunk. Night y'all.

I feel like this guy stated it best when it comes to drinking; it really is all up to you. Present alcoholic myself.

It depends on how much you drink now. I quit almost 4.5 years ago. I was drinking almost a handle of shit vodka a day. I was working too. Just drank all day. Anyway, once I finally wanted to quit I called some rehabs and they were full so I (with the help of my wife) did it at home. I told a rep from one of the rehabs how much I was drinking and he said it would be unsafe to go cold turkey. So I drank like 20 IPAs the first night. Still went into bad withdrawal. Then just kept going down. Took about a week or so until i went dry. Still had DTs and all that good stuff for a few days but didn't die. What really prompted it was I had taken a few weeks off for my son to be born. I realized I didn't want to be that POS alcoholic dad.

You need to drink less and less each day. It doesn't have to be a huge difference each day but even one drink less consistantly is an achomlishment. Start by taking a drink and just riding it out. Don't take another until you feel it fading, not because you want another drink. Don't get me wrong this shit ain't easy. It's just the easiest steps i could write out. Good luck OP.