30-year-old soon-to-be Freshman collegefag here. Anyone ever start college late like I am and have tips for me...

30-year-old soon-to-be Freshman collegefag here. Anyone ever start college late like I am and have tips for me? I dun kno hows to colleg.

Attached: 51Z2KsZK+YL.jpg (404x500, 49K)

Bump

Why? You'll be 34-36 by the time you're done, and you'll be replaced by a younger illegal alien anyways. Just get a trade, you fucking faggot.

I do plan to drive a truck if absolutely all else fails.

Just drive a truck, then. Don't fucking waste you time.

But I has free monies (G.I. Bill) I'd feel silly not at least using it. No?

Anyone else?

Hi older college student here. Take your humanities online, you won't want to sit in a classroom full or 17 and 18 years olds listening to their opinions. Sit up front so you don't get distracted by those less interested in being there. Some schools/profs will allow questions during lecture, some won't. Don't be afraid to go to office hours with a list of questions written down. If your school uses Canvas, it will show you low, high, and median scores for every assignment so you know where you fall in relation to the rest of the class. If given the opportunity, be bold. You will stand out in a room full of late gen millennials who don't like to answer questions or speak publicly, just don't be obnoxious by hogging the floor.

Thanks, user :)

It sounds sappy, but always remember that you've been alive longer than any other student in your classes, you've been out in the real world working and getting dirty while they were in jr high, and you have more life experience than all of them combined. They may be faster than you at many things and you may have to relearn things that you forgot long ago. You will be successful if you rely on your experience, perseverance, and motivation. You know what awaits you if you fail, they don't. Stick with it and when it all seems like shit, don't give in.

Arigato, user-kun

I went back at 31 starting from scratch. It's tough but doable. What this nigger said: and work towards a STEM field as soon as you find something you think is cool. Online classes are great for the filler shit. Night classes blow ass and are full of single moms.

I did community college then went to uni for my proper degrees. But if you've got uncle sam paying, use the shit out of that GI bill and thanks for your service, bro.
College is fun, work is lame. Just don't be "that old guy" at some 21-year-old's frat party.

>fight for Israel
>willing to open ass for its propaganda

You're beyond saving. Just kill yourself like the rest of your fucking battle buddies.

Finally, use Rate my Professor when signing up for classes, but know that many reviews are sour because they were a shit student and failed. The reviews will give you insight into what to expect from each professor though. Be weary of any professor with a rating below 2.

Thanks for the insight! I'm actually going for a CS degree with a concentration in Software Engineering. And not really a party scene type of guy anyways.

I never went to college because I never really wanted to be killed in a school shooting

Attached: batsignal IS GAY.jpg (1600x900, 142K)

Actually, I became disillusioned with that shit after three years and got myself out early in a loop hole. Not your typical vet, home-skillet

Will check it out, thanks

Kek

If you have any specific questions I'm happy to answer them

Lmao faggot you still spent 3 years in welfare queen haven, and you just admitted you couldn't even finish. Do us all a favor and An Hero

Study hard and you'll do great. The militaryfags I knew in school were all disciplined enough to do good on tests and shit so don't worry. College is fun, so have some fun.
VERY useful site. Good rec
>not bringing your gun to class
Nigga shoot back!

Late college starter here
Studied science and got into PhD and academia. Changed my life. Best thing I ever did.
Best advice I can give is to commit 100%. Be the best in your cohort, they are your competitors

Pretty much this except don't keep asking questions trying to kiss the prof's ass. It annoys everyone and takes up time that could be better spent. If you have a legitimate question once in a while or if the prof is asking for audience participation, that's one thing, but if you find yourself asking a lot of questions (and if you're basically the only one) then stay after class or visit during the prof's office time. Also, no one gives a shit about your life story so don't go spouting off anecdotes or relating the topic to your personal experiences. Don't be the "As an X" guy.

Couldn't? No, never quite said that. Lern to red, faggot.

Nothing specific really, but thanks

Awesome

Nice, thanks

Thanks, and I hate those types of people.

You pussied out, faggots. It was bad enough that you like Kike cock in your mouth, and it's worse because you couldn't swallow. You're gonna quit college faster than you quit the military, because you're a fucking quitter. A welfare whore, Jew slave quitter. End your pathetic life.

Attached: 5881861191_90de8b5bc9.jpg (489x349, 75K)

Yeah go for it user, this faggot’s retarded

Back to /pol, asshole.

finished when I was 32, got a really good job in my field and a stable career. I regret nothing. Then again Swedefag so I did not pay a dime in tuition and I'm only like 20k USD in student debt.

This man is correct.

don't sit in the front of the class
dont talk to the professors too much
matter of fact dont talk at all, old fuckers always want to pipe up at every opportunity to talk about their kids and past jobs and a bunch of shit nobody cares about
the gym is your friend, great place to meet friends/girls and get/stay in shape
find out which bars have their super cheap drink specials on which nights ... and go there
fraternities might seem lame but dont be afraid to give em a shot, everyone loves the old frat bro
most colleges have a free sober ride program and nobody uses it ... use it
that's about it

Don't be too hard on yourself.

- Burping

Attached: 1559360895200.png (245x206, 9K)

Expect your undergraduate experience to be extremely unsatisfying. In your first year or two, you might be exposed to new subjects that interest you, but 95% of the work will involve needlessly tedious, tinned lessons. You'll basically be paying thousands of dollars for the privilege of the institution walking you through a textbook and asking you to insert the correct answer at the end.

The kind of thing any capable man can do by picking up the book and reading it for himself...

Actually yeah. 37 here and I'm finishing some degrees I started over 10 years ago before life kicked me in the face.

In some ways it's way fucking easier now.

Now days classes are sort of a joke. They rely on technology and group work a ton so far from the classes I've taken. Granted this is only the lower 100 level classes I'm taking so far to brush up on the course work before hitting the classes I need to graduate so younger guys in here could probably let you know if it's the norm.