If the eagles were gonna go to Mordor anyway, along with all the fucking men...

If the eagles were gonna go to Mordor anyway, along with all the fucking men, then why didn't they just do that from the start and take Frodo with them? Shit makes no fucking sense. Everything else was a complete waste of time up to that point.

Attached: great_eagles_lotr_04.jpg (1600x1067, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9EtgU3tf_oQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because they couldn't get there with Sauron watching over the place.

Had to wait til you know the army below with bows and the flying nazlgus were dealt with,

People are ducking retarded

>let's fly our tri-planes over that place with the CIWS clusters

Attached: 1449981916410.jpg (657x600, 47K)

Nazgul would have killed them. The whole point of froddo doing it was he least expected.

He was watching them when they got there anyway what are you talking about?
The eagles were literally fighting the Nazgul at the gate

Retarded
The eagles were able to fight them off so that's not true

It's been a while since I read it, but I think it might have had something to do with the Nazgul and their flying mounts.

Eagles didnt aid in the fall of Gondolin. Eagles can die who the fuck wants to see one die? Nazguls and Fel Beast were shook as fuck after Men had banned together and Oathbreakers.

Birds are retarded and gandalf has to control them

They fought the Nazgul at the black gate either way
They didn't have to fight to the death, just long enough for Frodo to destroy the ring. It would've taken like 10 minutes.

So why didn't he?

Assuming you know much about the goings on, there are/were ar.ies of orcs everywhere. No one was cooperating due to corruption. Eagles dont give a fuck about the Foley of man, the fact they did means dalf called in a big dick promise.

They didn't care but they fly all the way to Mordor and fight the Nazgul? That makes no sense

When pretty much anyone is seen by the eye of Sauron, they are stunned for a moment. The eagles needed a large distraction so that they would be able to approach without the threat of the eye seeing them. The ring getting to mt. doom had to be mostly a secret mission (clearly that mission was fucked) since Sauron could corrupt whoever even thought of holding a ring of power. His army was definitely stupid though, since he kept no back-up regiment to literally guard the actual weak-point.

youtube.com/watch?v=9EtgU3tf_oQ

His channel is really good, please like and subscribe.

The Eagles are the servants of Manwe you datamining fuck. Even still, they would've gotten blown out of the sky by the sorcery of Sauron, the Witch King, or the force of fell beasts. Of course the Valar could have destroyed Sauron with no effort. That's not the point of the series.

This is not a plot hole. The Eagles are the representatives of Manwë in Middle-earth. As mentioned in the link in the accepted answer.

I am surprised that this argument comes up as often as it does, because I am aware of no textual support for this idea. The eagles quite frequently involve themselves in the fight against Sauron (or against evil in general):

They rescue Bilbo, Thorin, & Co. from the orcs and wolves. They participate in the Battle of Five Armies. They rescue Gandalf from Orthanc. They rescue Gandalf again from Zirak-Zigil. They directly attack the flying Nazgûl during the last battle. They fly into Mordor to rescue Frodo and Sam. Given all this heavy involvement, it would be extremely surprising if the Valar specifically prohibited the eagles from flying the Ringbearer into Mordor. Tolkien nowhere mentions such a prohibition.

The only support I can see for this argument is very indirect: namely, that the eagles are said to be the representatives of Manwë, and in the Third Age, Manwë is maintaining a policy of the Valar not intervening directly in the affairs of Middle-Earth. But the eagles do often intervene in the struggles of Middle-Earth, and there's no indication that they were under some restriction in this case. If the eagles were prohibited from being involved directly in the struggle against Sauron, we might expect that they would have withdrawn to Valinor long ago rather than remain in Middle-Earth.
1/2

2/2
If you look at the involvement of the Eagles it is very similar to the involvement of the Istari. The Istari are Maia sent to Middle-earth as guides and to provide some help in countering the great powers of those who had fallen. They are not allowed to solve the problems of Middle-earth, only to guide and aid those who are solving those problems. The Eagles play a similar role. Both are forces of the Valar -- who, after the first age that destroyed vast swaths of Middle-earth, vowed never again to interfere directly in the affairs of the mortals of Middle-earth -- and both aid those fighting Sauron. But only where the mortals of Middle-earth could not over come the foe on their own.

The ring is a foe that the mortals of Middle-earth could overcome. And in a way, it is the one foe they must overcome on their own. Gandalf guides them to this realization and helps them figure out the "how". But he will not defeat the foe itself.

Gandalf aids them by defeating a peer who had fallen, against which none of them could stand (the Balrog) and by helping to counter the movements of one of the Istari who had fallen. The Eagles aid them by providing some mobility and countering forces of the enemy when they take to the air, the realm of Manwë, which mortals are not truly supposed to enter.

All of these actions are consistent with the way the Valar are willing to aid those of Middle-earth. However, flying the ring bearer to Mordor is not consistent with them. That would be direct involvement and solving the one problem that those of Middle-earth need to solve themselves -- their lust for power at the expense of Middle-earth itself.

>As mentioned in the link in the accepted answer.

Attached: college-t-shirt.jpg (304x250, 12K)

Because Sauron bought some Predator drones from Saudi Easterling

>This is not a plot hole
Yes it fucking is and you literally outlined why in your own post, are you fucking retarded? And so the fuck what if they worshipped Manwe? What does that have to do with it?

>Even still, they would've gotten blown out of the sky by the sorcery of Sauron, the Witch King, or the force of fell beasts
Yet not a single one of those things happened in the final battle

Please refer to this

because if they just swooped frodo in to mount doom and they dropped ring down into the lava to destroy it, you cut out the entire point of the story in the first place. Which is, man overcoming both literal and figurative demons to grow. The whole thing is a metaphor for life as it mirrors what everyone goes through at some point in their life and, to some degree, goes through everyday. its a part of nature, laws of physics, and simply how things work. if we have to work hard for something its more rewarding.

im not describing as well as i would like. my mind is on other things at the moment, but that is the crude basic idea...in my opinion. which would make the whole thing a plot hole, or an oversight maybe. i think tolkein kind of messed up with the eagles and used them as a sort of IWIN button to come in and save the day when thing feel as if they are against all odds and unwinnable...EAGLES!

i want to fuck an eagle

I am not watching your faggy youtube channel bud. Now fuck off.

and there it is, the quintessential Yea Forums post we've all grown to know and love

I'm not the one in the video, I just want to help D:

That is total bullshit
Don't care not watching it

(You)
That is total bullshit

you need to give reasons why. just making a statement like that doesnt refute any of my points and ends up being a useless response.