Sokath, his eyes uncovered

Sokath, his eyes uncovered

Attached: 457658685.png (614x662, 274K)

When the walls fell

Darmak and jalad at tanagra

Tanaka, when the walls fell

OP, his dubs checked and his heart a faggot.

OP, his asshole wide

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1600x1200, 147K)

Le normie

i fucking need this shirt

lol so be it dude
this shirts fucking awesome
idgaf

Shakka, when the walls fell...

Attached: 564468487647.jpg (625x477, 42K)

Check em

Attached: 1262129833069.jpg (680x452, 35K)

Attached: 1562890952593.gif (220x123, 94K)

Seven of Nine, naked on the holodeck.

Attached: h12DCE724.jpg (500x500, 19K)

tfw no underage bajoran gf

Attached: fark_xlKdZeq6Mi70kQ0pOgRAr9JsKsQ.jpg (618x824, 43K)

this episode... bothered me. I mean yeah, i get it... ok, I get it... but a whole episode of this was a bit much.

I have a problem with the premise of their language. I always thought languages tended towards simplicity, cutting out unnecessary elements to get your idea across as clearly but with as few words as possible. How do they have a language with words which still maintain their original meanings (e.g. wall still refers to a wall) but use them entirely in metaphor? And how do they have a metaphor for everything? What's the metaphor for a rock or other simple nouns? You could say they just don't refer to simple nouns and concepts at all, but that seems like a useless language for building a space faring civ more advanced in weaponry than the federation (they fought off the Enterprise in the episode)

How do they teach their children about what actually happened at Tanagra, without explaining it? They must start with some self-evident figures, and then build things up on this... what could that start be?

The answer is simply aliens. If you still don't understand, then you don't understand the concept of an alien yet.

You're trying to apply human logic to a vaguely explored 'alien' language written with bits of human language. It makes no sense because it wasn't intended to be human language. In reality, it's just bits and pieces that would obviously present issues. But lore wise, it's because
>we
wouldn't easily understand the alien concepts they might employ in the absence of what makes sense to us.

The premise of this "language" is based in my opinion on some writer that read how the US fucked over the Germans and Japanese during WWII using "code talkers"... aka native americans speaking their native twisted language. No native words for a machine gun, but "Wood-pecker-lighting-thrower"... eh... again, I still didn't like the episode, but cute how they tried.