Why is getting a job so fucking difficult...

Why is getting a job so fucking difficult? I got my bachelors and not one single fucking place I have applied to has even given me an interview. None. I was on the Dean's list for 7 quarters. No I didn't major in underwater basket weaving - I majored in Finance. I even signed up for a job hunting agency to specifically deals in finance jobs and they can't even get me an interview. WTF!!. I work hard, I am male, and white... fucking nothing. No one will even tell me why I get declined. Shit... I wish they would at least tell me why I cant even get an interview. What the actual fuck man. I graduated 7 months ago and I didnt get one single fucking interview. And yes I apply to positions. Is this just God telling me the door is closed try something else? My gpa was decent and near 4.0 in major I just don't get it. Something is killing my success and idk what the fuck it is. Yes I have a full time job making jack shit... I just want to get the job my $65k education was supposed to get me... why is this so fucking hard? I mean if I had 10 interviews and they told me I was just shit and should quit I would understand... but I dont have one single fucking interview after 7 months of constantly applying.

Attached: 14f5b78555b451e0694fc510eef15bdc301207a97da9c84fc7d73d4a942e35bc.jpg (512x384, 43K)

Ive got the same problem, have applied to over 50 jobs in six months with a few interviews and 1 job offer. try changing your resume for each specific job you apply for.

Apply more. I was just shy of hitting triple digits before I even got a call back lol.
Linkedin, handshake, jobzone, monster, indeed, etc. Apply more.

You were lied to. A bachelors is an expensive waste of time in this day and age. Everyone has one and there are only so many jobs to fill.

You are far FAR better off learning a trade or leaning to code. Then work for yourself.

Also, the online application blackhole doesn't work. you will never find a job that way. create a Linked In account and network with everyone you know that you are looking for a job in finance. Or you can take an entry level job or something in a similar career

>learning to code
And I was going to take you seriously for a second

What I was thinking

Visit your state run career center

They'll help you for free

You have poor communication skills. Your post is cumbersome and full of grammatical errors. If your resumes and cover letters are written like that, then that explains your failure.

I started as a refrigerated warehouse worker packing fish until a radio fell off a stand and busted. The next day I brought my soldering iron and new speakers and used part of my lunch break to put it back better than ever. It worked perfectly. Hooked up all the warehouse convicts with KODI firesticks and word started to spread. A contract consultant they hired came out and asked how good I was with computers. I told him flat out that I was the best.
In the span of 4 years I went from helpdesk to sysadmin to the Director of IT. I advanced faster than anyone at that company. Faster than anyone I knew. My budget was limitless and I couldn't stop experimenting, testing, upgrading. Our security cameras are even 360 VR. I could remote in through my vive headset and walk on the virtual warehouse floor to look at labels at midnight if I wanted to. Everyone is on virtual desktops so seamless they don't even know they are. I designed and launched their website. I started to track down phishing emails to their domains and pulling the financials to finalize police reports just out of boredom. I undertook the project of launching a new ERP system with serialized tracking of roughly half a million items created daily. It was done in 6 months, with many sleepless nights at a 24/7 company.
It's almost over. I don't have more ideas. Everything is implemented quickly and every request is done. Just answering emails and trading day to day for a while now. Needless to say I finally looked at average salary and decided it might be time to move on to something that pays more than $45k a year.
Tomorrow, I start job hunting.

Sounds like you're just a white guy.

Attached: 1559770255427.jpg (1920x1080, 187K)

>learn to code. Then work for yourself.
How does learning to code allow you to work for yourself?

It's "code" for "get some sex reassignment surgery and you're all set to become a diversity hire!"

Quads..... well fuck. Idk man, I drank and I am just pissed off man. I am really frustrated.

Somewhat this. You WERE lied to. You were never going to walk out of college with a degree and just get handed a job.
You were supposed to spend your time there building connections as well. Intern. Leverage your frat's influence. Is you were going for a Bachelor's in Finance (please say it wasn't a BA), you should have had a job lined up before you graduated.
Colleges don't tell you this shit anymore, it seems.
And I'm just going to barely touch on the other poster, who is right. Most employers these days value experience over a piece of paper. They no longer trust that a degree is a reasonable guarantee that the applicant isn't a retarded piece of shit. Which goes back to my point that your dumb ass should have been racking up the experience while in school

The frat thing depends on your degree. My lab (psychology research) won't hire graduates who are frat affiliated. They cause too many problems.

idk if that true in the finance world or not though

Well... what now then? Never in a frat and I didn't intern because I had a full time job I couldn't leave in the summer.

Aren't you supposed to start doing unpaid internships in your chosen career path like sophomore/jr year.. then you transition that into a full time job by the time you graduate.. Did you not do any of that stuff?

>psychology research
>Department run by blue haired dykes won't hire frat members
I'm shocked

Have you tried Starbucks? Plenty of college grads work there while they wait for Uncle Bernie to clear their debts

I applied to a plant right out of high school. It started at 20$/hr . 2 years later I'm making 28$/hr. Been there 9 years and bought a house and car.

Schools for faggots!

basically there are too many whites in finance jobs.

Attached: div57.jpg (1024x782, 236K)

HAHA this cheered me up LOL

TLDR

BA/BS = garbage. Get more education/experience

Bachelor doesn't mean anything today. Im a Chemist and successful Bachelor students are working under me because they don't have any experince in practical work even after 3 or 4 years of work 60% of those bachelor students still work under me because they just don't know what to do.
I don't how your section works in our industry we don't even invite people to a interview if they don't have practical experience. We don't need top students who can list all the acids and bases but don't know how to work with pipettes. Maybe it's the same way with you

>started at 20/hr
>2 years later making 28
>been there 9 years
sounds like you're taking one too many hits to the skull in that plant of yours buddy

Ok but how do you get practical experience if you cant even get an interview?

HAHAHAHAHA WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD BITCH
WHERE YOUR LITTLE GRADES DONT COUNT FOR SHIT

Yea you and about 100000 others just like you are doing the same thing at the same places. I'm sure you're a smart guy and can count and use a calculator with the best of them. But this shit was dying years ago. The market has been flooded with people who listened to their parents and went to college and all that shit. My wife has two degrees. Biology and chemistry. She works in an office. She got lucky cause she is smart and good an cleaning up peoples shit. I on the other hand have bounced from job to job my whole life and plan to keep going where the grass is greener. 2-7 years is all you give a place anymore. There is no pension. I grew up on a farm and learned trades. I can do construction and all sorts of other shit. I am a locksmith now and could go to 10 different places tomorrow and have a job and I look like a fucking wook. They don't care. They just want someone who isn't a felon or meth head who knows how to read a tape measure

ive worked full time for years.. ive been in the real world before I graduated... dumbfuck

Theres a 40k enlistment bonus for the army right now...jus sayin

I am like OP except I make more money, didn't study finance (but do accounting work) and I am not such a little bitch about it. Hopefully I can make some more money sometime soon.. all I want is a boring condo for my boring life

army wont take me, did shrooms when I was 17... instant DQ.

i majored in history and realized i couldn't make any money, so went into investment banking with a 3.5 gpa what's up

You need to have experience to get hired, and you can't get experience unless you are hired. So basically get lucky kid. The world is fucked up.

I aint a little bitch, I AM A BIG BITCH @_@

There is obviously something wrong with you. I make over 20 an hour, with as much overtime as I can handle (over 30 an hour), and I'm a straight Yea Forumstard. I have (barely) a high school education. I work in an office and make dick jokes at the warehouse workers.

It is very fucked up lol... cant wait to be the one doing the fucking.

I just wish I knew what it was... then I could alteast try to work on it.

I have a job in a highly technical field and no degree. Experience and connections are what matter, not education. I got both through choosing a similar career as my father. Life is unfair.

1. Hire an agency to pretend to be a potential employer, and have them contact the people that you listed as references, and see what they say.

One of your references may be bad mouthing you.

How is that? Im got a possession charge for extacy (got it expunged) and theyre making me come back for more testing...or am I gonna get some kind of running off after they get my info?

look over your applications again.

I tell you how im looking over it when i read a application my secretary gives me, maybe it will help you. But remember im looking over it with the thought that they could work on their own in a laboratory.

1: What does their CV say about their experince and life.
Did they always lived in one place or not because if they moved often it shows me that they adjusted fast to new places. What are there hobbies (Does it help with the workplace. e.g if they do sports they dont get tired standing nearly half of the day etc.)

2: Can they work mostley alone. For that point i look at the internships they did so those can tell me a lot.

3: Do they have experince in this workplace or some kind of knowledge in a laboratory

When those 3 points are good i look at their application and if i like it i invite them.

Write an appeal

Grow your hair and get breast implants. Then walk into the building and scream at everyone to call you ma'am
You'll be head of HR by the end of the week

College is a scam.

Don't beat yourself up, OP. I put out over 300 resumes into the world of IT, a supposed "sTaRvInG mArKeT".

No where near as skilled as Finance, but I got maybe... 5 interviews? 5 or 6 interviews and only one place hired me.

Keep your chin up, buddy. It fucking sucks out there, but you WILL get a job.

Jobs are available seasonally. You are more likely to be able to find a job around now than 3 months ago because companies know most people graduate at the end of the Spring quarter. So, start hitting career fairs. Hell, go to career fairs for other schools than just the one you graduated from. I did that, I career-crashed other schools and no one said anything. It took me a long time to find my current job and it took a long time to get even one phone call. I also had to drop my expectations a tiny bit (mostly in starting salary) and I also graduated with a good degree (comp. sci and eng.) and decent grades. Also, take a look at your resume, LinkedIn, and your social media. If you haven't yet, make all your social media private except for your LinkedIn, which should be set up as professionally as possible. Attend resume workshops if you have to. Your school probably offers them to grads for free.
>I am male, and white
Then you know its not racism or sexism, so it has to be one of the things I mentioned - your resume or your social media.

Two dubs and a trips nice. Thank you. It is hard not to but I will keep that in mind. Shit I should just pretend I am farming that damn Ashes of Al'ar mount and start counting.

Ty for the advice.. dont have social media but I will look into setting up a linkedin

ok guys im going to sleep.. thank you all for the advice.

I applied to one place 6 TIMES and got no call back. I've applied in 3 different towns surrounding my location as well. This broke shit sucks and I'm real sick of it. I'm turning 25 in 2 months and I'm jobless man. It's not as though I haven't tried though. I hate it when people look at me like I'm a bum when I have tried and tried again.

You must be a creepy fuck

I graduated 6 years ago and the only jobs I had were a few temps and a merchandiser job which I was laid off of because all Pathmark shut down and the company I worked for cut us. That was 4 years ago. Now I can no longer work because I now have health problems and I've spent the better part of 4 years applying to jobs and going to interviews left and right. I stopped applying and just became a shut in last year after my health went. 7 months is nothing and a lot can happen OP. Just keep your head up. I was just unlucky and now dying but maybe your luck will change.

>when your instructors couldn't care less because of how underpaid they are on top of having a shitty budget for the quarter while equipment and tools keep breaking from brainlet students
Shit's bad, yo.

not trolling, but based on many responses here, the job market sounds brutal, so why is the unemployment statistic suggesting otherwise?
I know it might not account for folks who stopped looking, but even then, it seems like finding a job should not be so hard, what am I missing?

Attached: chartoftheday_8974_us_unemployment_rate_n.jpg (960x684, 188K)

It's because everyone has a degree in finance or business or something along those lines. That shit is easy. STEM fields are in a shortage of qualified individuals. Nobody wants to put the time in to be a mathematician anymore.

The world needs more artists than mathematicians right now

Yea, because there's such a shortage of liberal arts degrees.

you write like a fucking retard it's either fantastic bait or i'm furious you get to be the gatekeeper to smarter people's careers

worked in the tech side for managed investments and all I can say is they aren't hiring analyst's. gl though

You don't have confidence. The reason a lot of companies list experience in years is because they figure it takes you that long to grasp concepts out of the box and drink the punch. Be friendly and courteous, sirs and ma'ams go a long way but make sure they are genuine, they don't care about your grades, they care if you are competent, confident in your ability to perform and learn, and you're looking for somewhere to build a career. Don't just answer challenging questions, ASK THEM. One of my secret weapons is I ask them how long they've been with the company and what has made them work there so long? It shows interest in the company and them, but most importantly let's them know you're not desperate for a job and are interviewing them too Also, write a follow up typed, handsigned, and mailed by the next morning before mail pickup;it's a common courtesy that will go a long way send it next day if you have to. It's taken me 10+ years of work experience and multiple levels of interviewing to learn this. It's akin to courting a woman. Court the company and show them your best peacock feathers.

If you think you need any kind of liberal arts degree to be an artist you are going about it all wrong

Based quads.

many people have become freelance IT and software writers for small business who need a solution to things like databases or scripts for things like auto filling forms and reports but not a subscription to bullshit for thousands a month.

Learning to code is just a skill for a new trade that is not commonly thought of as a trade.

If you think the world needs more faggy sensitive artists rights now then you're looking at things ther wrong way. They're the reason we're in the PC bullshit of a mess.

Haven’t read any of the thread and only the first few sentences of your post, but basketweaving is done underwater/in water/soaked in water. Get some real life experience. Or don’t. Kill yourself. I don’t care. But basket weaving is hard as fuck. And you soak those bitches in water. Reppin the weave. Faggot.

eat shit retard. i bet youre a cro magnon who burns things to create energy. youre the reason they paint lines on the roads.

my birthday was mid june and i was in the exact same situation until 6/8 when i got a fringe offer from something i never expected. sent out over 150 apps and had 10+ interviews, often making it past several screens and interviews but never landing it
tomorrow morning at 6:00 i'm about to get my first 80hr paycheck and throw a four digit number into my debt
i emphasize with you, but if youve made it this far and haven't killed yourself you know how important it is to say positive and make progress, albeit how small, each and every day

Attached: 1558069365424.gif (600x517, 925K)

> My gpa was decent and near 4.0 in major

New grads are generally expected to have a 4.0 across the board in finance. If you can’t be trusted with your own grades, how can We trust you with money?

Look how many assumptions you made and how many buzzwords. You should try and be more creative user