Why don't you support a North American Free Travel Zone...

Why don't you support a North American Free Travel Zone? Study after study has shown that removing barriers to international movement has massive economic benefits to all countries involved.

Attached: union.png (800x975, 156K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pubs.aeaweb.org/doi/pdfplus/10.1257/jep.25.3.83
hbs.edu/faculty/Publication Files/09-013_15702a45-fbc3-44d7-be52-477123ee58d0.pdf
independent.org/issues/article.asp?id=1727#1
nber.org/papers/w18307.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Maybe you should try it first by leaving your door open at night, then we'll see if it actually works.

Yes, but what about the social aspect? Is our colture going to be dead? Yes?
BUILD THE WALL! BUILD THE WALL! BUILD THE WALL!

mexican here.

Don't do it, seriously. It would only sink murrica and it's hat.

A nation-state is not comparable to a household. Same reason the people who compare national debt to household debt are impossible to take seriously.

I’m gonna need a several sources on this faggot

OPEN BURDERZ MAKES MAH BLUD BOYL GULDURNIT

>our colture
We got a way for you to keep that, sweetie.

Attached: MAGAtte 4.jpg (960x638, 64K)

Certainly

pubs.aeaweb.org/doi/pdfplus/10.1257/jep.25.3.83

hbs.edu/faculty/Publication Files/09-013_15702a45-fbc3-44d7-be52-477123ee58d0.pdf

independent.org/issues/article.asp?id=1727#1

nber.org/papers/w18307.pdf

No, your culture will not be "dead". It will likely change over time, as tends to happen despite your efforts to keep it stagnant.

If you don't feel like reading all that shit, then just understand that reducing barriers to immigration allows human capital to flow from regions of low labor demand to regions with high labor demand more easily, which benefits both workers and business owners, along with reducing the unemployment rate in countries where demand for labor is low.

we already have nafta whats the point of a free travel? especially between the us and mexico. ik its obvious bait but still i dont get the point

Thought you were memeing but you're actually for real, in my opinion a free travel zone would deprive developing parts from developing since most people capable of doing it would go work on more developed areas leaving areas in need of development drained of human resources, this could be mitigated by state policies but they usually fail.

NAFTA is great. This is just another step in the same direction.

See:

one of those countries is not like the others.

>do you even Sesame Street?

Attached: 1449981916410.jpg (657x600, 47K)

Yeah, brain drain is a real problem for developing economies. So let me ask you, how does development happen within such nations?

NAFTA is great for the capitalists. Not nearly so good for the folks who actually do the work. It's all but dismantled agriculture in Mexico, for example -- the cornfields have been converted to factories and luxury homes, which put all the farmers out of work and sent them north of the border in order to make a living. Now Mexico (where corn was invented) has to buy almost all of its corn from the US and even the corn it does plant comes from fucking Monsanto.

From what I learnt in economics class usually someone decides to invest into a certain are which then becomes atractive to workers, it would snowball growing more and more as more workers come and increase the opportunities. Here most small towns are artificially kept alive by statal jobs, maybe they have some resources worth extracting or something.

Kekekk3434kkKkbbFC
lazy nerd u cant copy nothing to a new tab
www.discord.com\invite\v26CH34
www.discord.com\invite\v26CH34

GOy GOy GOy

eww Mexicans

I fail to see the problem here. The people who moved to the United States still have jobs, while the people who remained get to work in factories.

Right, then in order to spur development in low-income countries, someone--either the state or a private investor--would have to attract skilled workers from abroad. And with reduced barriers to labor movement, that becomes easier, doesn't it?

>The people who moved to the United States still have jobs,
You assume too much. Read North from Mexico by Carey McWilliams.
>while the people who remained get to work in factories.
Factory jobs are for women because the factory owners can abuse them more. Farmers also have a different skill-set and need to make more than a factory salary.
Nice jump to the conclusion, though.

They don't necesarily have to be from aboard, it's a lot easier to hire local workers, however this now brain drained parts would do pretty much anything to attract those investors, which in turn gives them inmense power to do whatever by threatening to not invest or to stop doing it, now most developing parts are usually high in natural resources which sometimes happen to be highly biodiverse parts most of the time. From that I imagine they would cause severe damage to the ecosystem and get away with it, which is happening right now here in Colombia.

Sounds like a problem with legal protection for workers.

I don't understand what leftists/progressives are missing - Mexico and most everything south of it is corrupt and poor, and I don't want a bunch of people who can't run their own dirt poor shitty country waltzing into mine. It's not race, language, and I can even accept I would loose some culture over many years through migration. But fuck literally flooding our first world country with hordes of people who don't share anything in common with us, its fucking retarded

>developing infrastructure
>all the able men leave
>???
>Mexico