I'm learning Japanese but fucking hate all the kawaii bullshit. manga and anime too. AMA

I'm learning Japanese but fucking hate all the kawaii bullshit. manga and anime too. AMA

Attached: image.jpg (1024x768, 44K)

I agree. "Cute" culture is the worst thing about Japan

I'm doing the same, but may i ask why you're telling this to a taiwanese basket weaving website?

What are you learning it for, non-weeaboo person?

Don't know. Today I had the JLPT Exam and my god, the most of the people there, were that weird looking weebs. Like you almost need to by one of them when learning jap. Ridiculous

One day maybe I'm gone use it while looking for a job, besides having a conversation in Japanese fucking rocks and sounds just great.

taking it next semester just to cringe my heart out

I went with Korean because I wanted a language and didn't want to end up speaking like a weeb. Are you learning on your own or at a school? Teachers can tell if they're learning for anime and Japs can tell by pronunciation if they learned from anime.

Hahah, it's really cool. The cringe will last only for a few first lessons.

I see. I'm taking classes in a Japanese language school. There are 3 people in the class besides me and a teacher. when it came my turn to introduce myself first thing I said I'm not here to learn about naruto and pokemons. thank god my teacher is super cool and she said she totally understand. The other girls are totally weebs btw.

The community college near me offers courses and I knew most going for anime, two going "Because I'm in Hospitality/Business". Learning Korean on my own though and stalled out without anybody to practice with. Considering switching now, have some books

Hell yeah one day I want to read real books in Japanese too. But this shit is hard. For know I had an idea to read books for like little kids and you know step by step going higher. I heard that Korean peeps are no longer using their Kanjis. True?
This is one of my favorite part in jap.

Yeah, what I see the Koreans are phasing out "Kanji" don't know if it's called that in Korean because it's not mentioned much in the book I'm learning out of. Only mention is that they originally used the Chinese symbols for the sounds

You can hate the toxic part of this culture but Mangas and Animes are still a huge part of japanese culture overall isn't it, do you deny it ?

Also how long did it take to learn how to speak versus how long does it take to learn how to write and read it ?

Of course I don't deny it. I'm frustrated but I'm not delusional.
At the same time just make a quick juxtaposition of Kabuki Theatre with all of that shit. It's just sad and you know I've hard that,, anime as a mistake,,

*was

You know it's not that I'm advanced or anything but reading ( while using only katakana and hiragana) is matter of a couple of months. The party starts with Kanji symbols but simpler sentences you will be able read in 5 months. Like 門の上に鳥がいます。there is a bird sitting on a gate

konnichwa, op is a faggot. Ni hao, kawasaki yamaha desu.

Attached: 1491437635234.jpg (400x571, 59K)

little longer for speaking I think. Like one year /little more and you good to go for a little chit chat. But listening I think is the hardest part. We sometimes listen pre recorded conversations and damn you need to focus to understand anything

Same brother.

What JLPT level are you on?

hahah I was wandering how long I should wait for a one of this life less parasites.
So here's the thing. You are calling me a fag while posting a pic of a nonexistent girl - which is probably only one who you can talk to. Parents must be proud.

Actually today I had for the first time the jlpt test on the N5 level. You know small beginnings. It was fun though

hahah I was wandering how long I should wait for a one of this life less parasites.
So here's the thing. You are calling me a fag while posting a pic of a nonexistent girl - which is probably only one who you can talk to. Parents must be proud.

Attached: tenor.gif (322x242, 1.8M)

Don't want to discourage you, but that'll not be enough to learn decent japanese. Especially if you hate all the kawaii part of their culture. Invest your time in something you actually want/need.

It's more or less their pop media. Just like violence is America's. I don't know why you would learn Japanese if you "hate" certain parts of their culture, OP.

>Ni hao
That's Chinese, loser.

Fair points my boys.
But I'm covered- Japanese is just an addition like hobby after all. english is nice language too but it's more necessity and like something obvious if I want to work abroad. I'm college student rn so I thInk its best time to doing stuff like that.
But it I think they still have so much to offer; culture-waise. Also I think there are probably a lot of great examples of creations in that styles like Junji Ito's for example. The irony I think Is that the world around jap is super fixed on that shitty representation, probably more than Japan itself- maybe they are just feeding the beast? I don't know.