Soundcloud General!

Soundcloud General!

Been a producer for over 15 years, im on Imagelines power user list for FL studio and im going to give professional feedback to everyone who posts in this thread!!

>give feedback to get feedback
>use clyp(dot)it to upload previews of songs not yet uploaded

Attached: download.png (225x225, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/scrappy_dog/rvnk
soundcloud.com/senseixero/nap
SoundCloud.com/820
m.soundcloud.com/nourlsleft/aziz-ansari-makes-uhh-ohh-sounds
thesonglessbird.bandcamp.com/album/october-bereavement
soundcloud.com/knuckleface/untitled-2019-03-04-19-23-51-insert-1-2
youtube.com/watch?v=vEhXCnHHazA
datapark.bandcamp.com/
soundcloud.com/foolieguru/night-trips
soundcloud.com/cosmiq/c-pox-73
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bumping with a track i produced the beat for
soundcloud.com/scrappy_dog/rvnk

how did you get good with the program? its different from others i have tried. any tips for beginners?

The main tips i give new users to FL are:

1. Read the manual, it will give you insight into every single knob and function inside FL.

2. Once you have gotten to a point where your comfortable with FL, make a template to make your workflow way better.

3.Literally just play with everything, dont be scared to save a project open a new one and just do some weird experimental shit to see how it sounds. I dont know how many times ive found new ways to do things simply by a sound or whatever im working on catching my curiosity and then i open a new project and make whatever sound my bitch. You will learn soooo much about FL doing this.

4. If you have a weak machine, learn to arm render EVERYTHING early. This is similar to freezing states in Ableton. Bouncing stuff out of midi to .wav not only will lesson the load on your computer but also opens up new avenues of creativity via re synthesis or new processing that you couldnt do in midi.

Bumping with another track I produced
soundcloud.com/senseixero/nap

what sounds do you use for hi hats and bass? what are your normal go to's for rap music?

I have an extensive 1.7TB collection of drumkits from pretty much every person thats produced music after the age of tapedecks so i get all my percussive sounds like hihats, kick drums, closed hats, snares, etc... As for bass sounds it depends on what im working on, for rap i stick to 808 drums. You can synthesis a bass with any basic synth. For learning to use a synth i recommend Syntorial its a program that teaches every basic and advanced aspect of sound synthesis.

SoundCloud.com/820

Thx man. how do you prefer to mix the sounds? any specials you use? I have a tougher time with vocals blending well with the song. I dont know how to put it but the vocals sound like its in a different space compared to the beat.

I use several 3rd party mixing plugs but my goto mixing plugins are the izotope suite. To get your vocals to mix better you should low and highcut all your sounds and get each element to fit in its own space in the spectrum. Once you do that use multiband compressors to glue everything together. This is how you get your vocals to sound "in the same space" as the beat.

aww shittt. thanks man. i never used a multiband compressor or anything really like it. ill figure it.

Do you only use FL studios? because i used to use sonar and i can see differences like night and day.

m.soundcloud.com/nourlsleft/aziz-ansari-makes-uhh-ohh-sounds

I suck at this shit. I can't mix for shit, and I only get ideas for music once every month or so

thats actully pretty good if i didnt know it was aziz saying uh oh

I do only use FL studio. Im going to learn ProTools here soon as its what my new outboard gear is gonna run on cause its pretty much industry standard for all commercial mixing.

How do i put more swing in the drum beats mine are to times and robotic to be natural

OOF! This is OP, just listened. Followed you within like 20 seconds, soon as that drop hit. Everything sounds like its mixed good but i didnt listen on my studio speakers so cant say that with 100% certainty. Only feedback i would give is to get really creative with your arrangement and drumlines the tracks a lil repetitive mix it up with a breakdown with different drums or something, make sense?

oh cool best of luck on the switch to protools. i was thinking of going to protools but i thought fl studio was an easier learning curve first.
my buddies are going straight to protools and its whatever, im just trying to make music man.

thesonglessbird.bandcamp.com/album/october-bereavement

Attached: a2730237006_10.jpg (1200x1190, 479K)

Put the drums in with midi notes instead of the step sequencer. This gives them natural feeling instead of being exact or whats called quantized like the sequencer does.

soundcloud.com/knuckleface/untitled-2019-03-04-19-23-51-insert-1-2

Im still going to use FL for all of my creative stuff. The piano roll and sequencer cant be matched by any other DAW. Im just going to do all my bouncing and mixing straight to protools instead of doing everything start to finish on FL. A lot of famous FL users like Deadmau5 use FL to do all the sounddesign and creative shit that comes with producing in FL then bounce to something like cubase to do arrangement then bounce to protools to do all the mixing. Using something like ReWire lets you have the best of both worlds.

Very creative, Adding some of your songs to my DnD night playlist. lots of ambient cinematic sounds.

Thanks I appreciate that, i started playing with izotope mastering whatever.

Problem with fixing repetitive-ness is it takes time, and this is all just a side hobby. I don't even own FL studio yet, who spends 200$ on a side hobby? Boomers. I'm not rich. God damn boomers

Long as you keep at it, and you like the songs you make thats all that matters!

Very experimental, what modules are you using? Im looking into maybe doing a dope rack setup someday when i have the patience to do it right.

true. that's kinda why i wanted to do fl studio first, see the different worlds. but i was thinking about using ReWire. I just didn't know if that's something I should look into sooner or later. Also sorry for not posting any of my music, I don't have anything worth putting up. like most here its just a side hobby for now.
you right on that $200 bro. too steep for right now

Right now its just a Grids, a EuroPatchblock, BLM Accented Percussion Envelope and a Thomas Henry Bass++. I use it in conjunction with some other gear obviously.

Do you ever feel full of yourself for listening to your own music? Like I don't even tell ANYONE that I like to make music, it just seems like it's ALWAYS begging for attention. Not to mention, I don't feel confident in what I make. I enjoy it, but I also enjoy that feeling of sweaty ass farts rolling up your ass crack in a leather chair. Do I bother trying to do anything with my music? Is there even money to be made anymore?

Anyways thanks for the advice, I'll hang out and lurk the thread

If your going to use ReWire i would say learn it sooner than later. That way when you do want to use it you will know what your doing and not just jumping into a bunch of confusion lol. I fucked up and did exactly that when trying to learn the Adobe suite, in recent months ive taken a break from music production and started to learn after effects and premier at the same time. Several people told me to learn premier first and then learn after effects cause of how they worked together i bit off more than i could chew by saying fuck it and diving in head first lol. Im learning though i have a couple audio visualizer videos for songs i have produced on youtube but i still have tons to learn as far as graphic art goes.
Heres a video i made.

youtube.com/watch?v=vEhXCnHHazA

yo bro. I feel you on that. But im kinda the opposite. I tell people i make music to keep this as a hobby. i enjoy it but i lose tons of motivation. But since my friends know i make music they kinda excited to see whats next. Plus we do rap battles over my shit beats sometimes. fucking funny when we are drunk as hell.

You and other anons can buy my albums. I'll report back with my successes.
datapark.bandcamp.com/

Lmao, i bump my music on full blast while driving and yell the lyrics at people. Honestly i have gotten a couple followers off people just hearing me bumping while out in public wither it be from my car or a bluetooth speaker at work, or a speaker while im skating. If you dont feel your music chances are nobody else will either. It also helps you see where you wanna improve on yourself. This is really true if your a recording artist, hearing yourself sing certain notes or rap a certain flow will help you grow as an artist.

Bro drunk or stoned rap freestyles over the beat you just made are the absolute best. Ive made several dope songs where the hook was made in that environment. Those organic vibes make the best music.

alright man. you convinced me. That song is pretty dope. Sounds more cleaner than all my songs/beats. Every little steps lead to a big goal amirite?

I have looked into the the BLM and the Thomas Henry. Any advice for someone trying to set up their first rack setup?

MANNNNNNN. i would have the dopest song about a peanut butter and jelly sandwich you would ever hear in your life. If my dumb ass would record our fucking rap sessions

soundcloud.com/foolieguru/night-trips

Attached: 046DC371-B914-4943-AC65-42D0B67EB5A5.jpg (750x750, 248K)

Dont record, just make notes of something dope someone said that you can bring up later.

Hey user remember that shit you was rapping last night fucked up bout some dope PB&J's? It went like this:_____ Usually they instant remember if it was really some dope bars lol

I'm on my first myself. I've been following the whole modular world since the early mid 2000s and just finally bought a case last year. So my first bit of advice is to just accept that you're going to spend good money on a fucking box even before you get anything that makes sound.

For real though, I'd suggest looking at a Neutron or the 0-Coast or ms20 mini. Semi modular will help you figure out what you want.

Thanks man i appreciate it. The beat was all me and i did the first verse and hook. My buddy from the song in the first bump post i made did the second verse.

lol thats my problem with it. I dont have the patience or time to spend doing the research to make sure the modules i buy will fit into whatever sounds i work with. I dont wanna blow hundreds on it just be like nahhhh not for me.

You rapping or did you just produce the beat? My feedback is going to be based on your answer to this.

we too drunk to remember shit mane. its not like its planned. next time tho. the record is going to be fire lol. next platinum record coming up when that shit hits lol

Rapping

Winkey+r
notepad
enter

then when your sober you can look at your drunken compilation of notes of things that needed attention when sober. Guess im just really productive. Lol even when fucked up i seize every chance at greatness i think i can find. People listened to a song about a dude jizzing in his pants. OR look at lil dicky. You can make a dope song bout some dumb shit like fire ass PBJ sammies.

Put more Oomph into your words. The bars and flow is there but it sounds like your reading your lyrics instead of rapping them, that make sense? Also whoever made the beat did NOT do your vocals justice on that beat. They where not mixed very well. Vocals sat ontop of everything else but at a lower dB level than everything else which results in them getting muddied up to the rest of the mix.

I just don't have the funds.
Try out VCV, It's got some of the Mutable stuff ported, and while missing the physicality, the paradigm is maintained.
And really think about semimodular. My rack is going to end up more for drum and hopefully sequencing and logic duties so it's hard for me to talk about filters and oscs cuz I don't really need em :p

I want to set my rack up for drum and sequencing as well! I do all of my synthesis in a digital environment but i want to add that lil extra something to tracks with a nice modular drum&bass rack.

no i mean like we in the kitchen. I have my music playing from my phone and shit. im not really near my computer when this happens. but you right. anything is possible now for a song hit

Putting my mixing to shame ha, but I get it. Any tips on how I should fix the mixing and I can definitely work on my vocal performance

Makes more sense in that settting, for me we usually all in the studio sitting around the table with our own mic cause i have my studio setup for podcasts more than music these days. So i just slap a beat on and make notes of anything that would suite being on a dope track.

yea i was going to say the same thing. it felt like you were a back beat. I usually believe the vocal should be more the focus in a song. But it seems you got most of the basics down better than me lol.

Fuckk i always wanted to do a podcast but my audacity skills are rusty and i have to time to do a podcast lol

Lol fucking Yea Forums wont let me post my reply to this reply wtf. Keeps telling me to reformat cause it thinks its spam

Gain stage. If you made the beat get the gain of everything lower and at the same dB level.

Then use compression and eq to make certain things stand out in certain ways. Like cutting the highend off a bass like and boosting the lowend of it, then rolling the low and high end off your melody tracks so they fit more in the mids.

soundcloud.com/ponarejevalci/die-falschmunzer

Then you just have to roll off the low end on your vocals so they sit in the higher end of the mid

I use FL for that too. Lol i run an edison on everyones mics, then just line em all up in the playlist after we finish recording. The hard part for me was finding the right people to do it with. You gotta have a fun dynamic to do it right.

It can be done! Seriously check out vcv. It tipped me into finally getting euro hardware.

My music..
i'm a demoscener and electronic music producer :)

soundcloud.com/cosmiq/c-pox-73

Thanks for the advice! I used to do these soundcloud general threads every other day or so and now that im back in a better place in life im gonna try to do them again so you will deff see me venture into this area of music production very soon so make sure you lurk them so i can summon your advice when needed lmao

Very nice, mixing sounds good, arrangement is unique and not too repetitive. Earned a follow in me mate.

ayyyyy. good to hear. HYPE