Axe thread. Show me your weapon

Axe thread. Show me your weapon.

Attached: WP_20171020_22_19_03_Pro.jpg (3072x1728, 1.82M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wuYBgwjnfgs
youtu.be/iwMfZTPbFoo?t=123
youtube.com/watch?v=7j97bS_0aGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=smI5U_cEXnA
youtube.com/watch?v=IWoe6S0LMLQ
youtube.com/watch?v=pOAuR_UdA-U
youtube.com/watch?v=nR9fvhQdU00
youtube.com/watch?v=gPN4ImIoVm0
youtube.com/watch?v=4zZVJNiOUf8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: fe9b9558-e856-4e38-a7ab-580903043c7a.jpg (644x588, 27K)

Leaking all snapchat girls

Attached: f4d36135225b44e28bfb5accb3e16488jpg.jpg (255x454, 16K)

Apparently this works

Attached: 28c0ea8fbd774177a985a6ce7198e031jpg.jpg (160x195, 6K)

Let me ax you something, this thread went to shit almost immediately.

A wild Stratocaster appears!

Attached: SBStrat.jpg (1080x1920, 683K)

What kind of music do you play? I bet it’s some 80’s hair band butt rock fiddily widdily

Attached: 647DDC6C-2FC9-45CD-B57D-70DBEAC90563.jpg (807x704, 48K)

Interesting assumption.. You can actually do more than that on a Strat. You should try it.

SB strat referring to bullet strat? You mod it at all?

I’m a bassfag
Fender American standard P
No pic tho

Wow op your parents bought you some nice gear..how about you quit being a lazy fuck and vacuum your nasty carpet and get a skirt for your bed it looks like shit

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-05-00-43-54.png (1440x2560, 1.15M)

SB as in sandblasted. It was a special run they did a while ago. No mods, I love the pickups. All I did was change the pickup covers and knobs from black to cream. I like this look a lot better than all black.

Bought it on my own dime. Skirt would get in the way of the cases underneath that i use constantly. Cry more jealous fag. I'm sure your shitty Ibanez is just as good.

Nope your wrong all black always looks best

*you're

And btw, this is what I play my 80s butt rock fiddly widdly on. Any real man would know that.

Attached: SanDimas.jpg (1080x1920, 634K)

Hate ibanez I hate thin necks they sound like shit ..I like a nice girthy neck like my fender usa custom shop 52' Tele b bender or mid 2004 warwick thumb baseball bat neck

Mines put up right now, but it's also a Gretsch single cut hollowbody. It's a 5120 in black.

Why the FUCK haven't you joined this already?
https:\\discord.io\Df3Pmt3

szFZ

Attached: 1562302189.904.jpg (715x1000, 109K)

You are gay and I bet you can't even set up your own guitars let alone play anything that sounds remotely good..you have no rhythm ..you have no chops

Op only plays the skin flute hahaha

Awww. Gimme a kiss :( It's okay. Maybe someday you'll have a guitar that's half as nice as my shittiest one.

See now we have some common ground. That tele prabably sounds immaculate. I love the classic Tele neck pickup.

My Gretsch is only semi-hollow. It's a bitch trying to find a case for the damn thing as it's Korean made and thinner than most common hard cases available.

Lol all your guitars are made overseas ..I only play American made guitars you know quality made intstrument with peferctly leveled crowned and polished frets with and properly dried top of the line wood with pickups made in the usa or uk by hand..but that probably didn't matter because you don't even know how to set your relief or lower your action with major fretbuzz because you buy shitty foreign made guitars lol

I have lollar 52 Tele set in it

Jackson 7

Attached: IMG_20190320_194843126.jpg (1458x2592, 656K)

Nice but but I prefer the classic reverse jackson headstock

Attached: 621ec5a1-5204-407b-a4f1-3e083ed03d59.jpg (960x1280, 86K)

Tell me about that amp. Is it emulating vintage fenders or dumbles or something? I dig the surf green look.

Attached: 1232666953995.jpg (428x572, 53K)

Strings going straight after the nut helps sustain and staying in tune by decreasing pressure and friction at the nut

It's a handwired clone of a late 60s era blackface twin. I had it made for me after Fender's Twin Reverb repros kept shitting out on me because of their crap printed circuit boards. It's a great amp, but to be honest I imagine you can get similar value for less money if you look harder than I did.

Yeah I also own a Ibanez and hate it. It's worth shit so I'm not selling it yet.

You just proved you have no idea what you're talking about. Take a look at the Strat. It's American, dumbass. And yeah, I do actually do all my own setups. Even with a Floyd. So now that you've proven you have no credibility, kindly shut up.

Pound for pound, I think Ibanez is the worst brand out there. I feel like they are almost exclusively played by dime store metalheads who think they are Pantera.

Do you gig a lot? I have a princeton myself, but I know a lot of people who have TRRIs that have worked perfectly for years.

What are you running for speakers?

I have no weapon.

Used to. Band disintegrated. The initial plan was to run the brownface voiced side as a keyboard preamp for some ambient backing shit I was writing while I learned to play piano and to use the blackface side for my typical rhythm playing, but I'm mostly recording solo with a DI these days so it doesn't see as much use as it did. I'm currently running two WGS G12Cs, but I am likely going to experiment in the future once I get the funds together. The amp shipped with smooth cone speakers but I didn't end up liking them. Too dark.

As for the DRRI, idk what was wrong with this run. The first one I had, the reverb tank crapped out on the first day. The second one I had Guitar Center ship in was DOA, no sound out of the box. I forced them to refund me after that.

*TRRI, rather. They had a surf green DRRI in stock that I almost bought, but the natural distortion kicked in at too low a volume at that wattage so I ended up giving it a pass.

No rules, 24/7 active Yea Forums chat server, come shit post, get the fuck in here already
Link:
https:\\discord.io\Aktos

Rur4

Attached: 1561399370196.png (900x1200, 1.48M)

Don't mind me, just shitposting.

Attached: d59820ca74965b3466105fe101feedde9277b93a.jpg (206x250, 7K)

Yes you are. I've hated axe since the 7th grade.

>not a Flying V.
How can you get that fiddily widdly going on anything less?

Congrat user, you did a Yea Forums

>Axe thread. Show me your weapon.

No U. Show me one decent guitar player who actually calls their instrument an axe or a weapon.
yeah, just what I thought. It's just the juvies and the posers.

>Drumboi detected

Wow, I'm so sorry. I didn't realize using corny slang for kicks was such an unforgivable sin. Teach me, oh wise arbiter of music and culture.

Deluxe reverbs are some of my favorite fender amps, aside from the vibroverb reissues. I tend to play low output single coils though so I haven't had any issues with headroom.

Bummer about the Twin issues. Shipping in amps can be pretty sketchy. What kind of music are you playing?

No pics right now but I've got a warlock and a Dean. The warlock is super fuck to play, the Dean is a nice second guitar.

I don't play as much as I should anymore.

Garage rock and light indie rock, mostly. I've been writing in a more dark surf direction lately, but I haven't tried that stuff in a live setting yet so I don't know how well it will go over at the end of the day.

What's a decent starting guitar

Fuck

Break them out, man. I was stuck in a rut until I forced myself out of my typical patterns and began writing again.

Mexican Fender. Lots of variety in tones depending on model and decent quality control. Epiphone ain't bad if you have small hands like me, as Gibson style guitars have a shorter scale length.

This whole thread screams summer is here.God,Summer sure is early

>using corny slang for kicks
>I don't clip my guitar strings either

Attached: guitar-strings-G3CD4P.jpg (1300x956, 124K)

k

Attached: 28b2ABU.jpg (1331x998, 861K)

my bare fists
it does nothing but thats it

heavily cropped but this is me and my ax

Attached: for chan.jpg (1093x1317, 314K)

Solid percussion. Tchaikovsky's got you beat though

>Tchaikovsky'
I'm a Rachmaninoff guy personally. Isle of the Dead is great.

You know, I honestly didn't know you could even get a keytar anymore.

it's a niche fucking market, I'll admit but there's a good community. Roland is the brand to get. They have an active community that keeps up with sound mods you can load into various synths. It's technically a synthesizer for all intents and purposes. The Edge as pictured here is actually new as of last September. I fucking love it. Only downside I've found is that there aren't a lot of mods for it yet.

I am honestly convinced that the classical masters have voiced every humanly possible permutation of the expression of notes. All we have left to express is variations in timbre and tempo. Liszt isn't human.

youtube.com/watch?v=wuYBgwjnfgs
>almost

I've really only heard it in the context of bad 80s pop. How is the keytar used these days?

dat jazz tho

like this youtu.be/iwMfZTPbFoo?t=123

This guy is so fucking good at the keytar he's in several bands, including Sonata Arctica (my favorite.)

I hate to say most youtube examples I can find are live versions, but the short answer is Metal lol

youtube.com/watch?v=7j97bS_0aGQ

I respect the execution and skill, but this style of music definitely isn't for me. I find it very melodramatic. That's not to say that I could easily play it, because it's honestly way beyond my skill level, but still I find it kind of silly all things considered.

Troof. There is a fine line between avante garde and aimless noise though.

It's a little out of context compared to jazz, but Greg Dulli is someone I really like for his music. Twilight Singers and Afghan Whigs are very nice. Kind of a blues/rock feel.

youtube.com/watch?v=smI5U_cEXnA

youtube.com/watch?v=IWoe6S0LMLQ

Attached: 1830CAA8-BE9C-40C8-BB4F-5AA3A417938A.jpg (2048x1536, 503K)

>I find it very melodramatic
that's an understatement lmao

You can do a lot more with a synth than what you see here. The keytar is a synth, but the keytar is definitely a showman's version of it. You can get hundreds of quality sounds out of it. You can compose, record and create full songs if you've got the skill and patience. I thoroughly enjoy a lot of the violin/organ/flute sounds that the edge offers. Lots of beautiful, chill music can be played with it.

Attached: IMG_20190705_084245.jpg (2448x3264, 1.56M)

I see you dig the Les Paul. Which one is your favorite? I recorded my (mediocre) album on a 2012 American Studio LP. Served me admirably for years.

That's part of the reason why I'm trying to learn piano. I'm currently playing keys in a punk/ska band, and I've been able to use my natural ear to pick out chords and triads and fake my way through, but I am planning to branch out into deeper textures once a get a better foothold.

Mainly used for reggae and ska.

Attached: IMG_20190705_014427697.jpg (2448x3264, 1.48M)

Attached: IMG_20190705_084457.jpg (2448x3264, 1.59M)

Attached: 1532817620191.jpg (388x861, 47K)

Ltd EC-256

Attached: 6842B952-4226-4CDA-8CD9-8579389E80A4.jpg (2420x3226, 663K)

That LTD is fucking sexy

No rules, 24/7 active Yea Forums server, get the fuck in here already lads

Link:
https:\\discord.io\Aktos

Ifg

Attached: 1557688159010.jpg (800x1049, 135K)

Use accordion and think of me later.
youtube.com/watch?v=pOAuR_UdA-U

Fuck off

Lol Brian may calls it a weapon in the joy of the guitar riff documentary, retard.

Are you sieg heiling?

Is this accordion in conjunction with throat singing? I really like this. How did you find it?

kill yourself and thank me later

I'm East/North Finnish but not Sami.
So - I'm part Tuva and Altai and Mansi.
My ancestors had a 'yellow fever' for a long time. Like the prehistoric era.

Is the LTD a CE 256?

Attached: 1533201207777.png (943x860, 784K)

I suppose a more direct answer - I grew up with it.
youtube.com/watch?v=nR9fvhQdU00
>albert - the singer - is my uncle.

>Imagine being like this guy

Fuck man

Mind telling me how it is? I'm getting one soon.

man, i just got to join a beta program for fender and they've got some cool stuff coming out

had to sign an nda tho, so i can't talk about it, lol

nah, fist in the air in triumph. Owning a keytar has been a real dream of mine for fucking decades. It's the culmination of all my musical skill, and it felt like the next logical step in my musical journey in life.

Within 5 minutes of having it plugged in and turned on, it just felt so fucking right, playing the melodies I know how to play. Having fun with all the little effects, it felt like I had been flying after years of only imagining how flying would feel.

Fucking Jelly. Always wanted a white/Gold Gretsch! I have a blue/black SG style one. Perfect for metal

>proff
youtube.com/watch?v=gPN4ImIoVm0

Attached: 1531503650259.jpg (1200x1429, 124K)

Would you ever part ways with this White one?

wtf is with the fake gibsons?

Can't post mine. Yea Forums and their file limits

Lower the resolution

It's not what one would consider a "real" Gretsch. But a couple of years ago they came out with their midrange Electromatic line that is made in Korea. It costs around $800 rather than the couple of grand the American ones do. The Korean ones play like a dream though, but I wasn't in love with the pickups so I swapped in some TV Jones.

Pretty good. Has nice humbuckers which give a pretty warm tone and a great finish on it. Definitely recommend it.

Is anyone interested in ska? I've become a big fan of latin ska recently and a lot of guitar players think it sucks.

youtube.com/watch?v=4zZVJNiOUf8

Yeah i heard it few times, it really has a great sound and it seems pretty decent. What i'm more interested is how is your left hand work on it? Pretty smooth or you would require extra work to move it? And how much you got it for?

The left hand work is pretty smooth at least that is what I think. I got it for about 400 off of the ESP website. Also it is a little heavier but not very noticeable.

Most people think if you aren't noodling or showing off then you aren't good. This is decent music and I like the guitar tone. Solid bite in the chuck, all the notes in the chords are clear, but it's not overly piercing or distracting. It's not my favorite example of ska, but I have absolutely heard worse.

Thanks mate, i really hope things go well for me. It's a pretty decent guitar for that price.

hitler did nothing wrong

voodoo glow skulls
best ever

I really enjoy playing rhythm much more than playing lead but a lot of people look down on that shit and it's really fucking sad.

I heil him every morning and night.

Well he repeatedly sent his troops into disadvantageous situations and threw hissy fits whenever tactical retreat was suggested. Regardless of your feelings on race and politics, he was a fucking tantrum throwing retard when it came to having actual common sense.

I'm a Mongol and you're nothing.

Don't worry about it. A solid progression and an interesting hook, whether that be a vocal melody or otherwise, is far more important than technical chops. Just look at bands like Rancid or The Specials.

Don't die here you fucking faggot thread. I have literally nothing else going for me tonight.

My Kiesel ZB6 & Schecter KM7-MKII

Attached: 20190429_012552.jpg (1138x1637, 1M)

And the newest addition, LTD Jr-608 Javier Reyes Signature model with Bareknuckle Nailbomb in the bridge and a Bareknuckle Miracle Man in the neck

Cool I'm a retard who forgets to upload pics

Attached: 20190705_025423.jpg (1152x2048, 1.35M)

Aaaaaaaand all my amps/pedals/regular guitars/basses

Attached: 20190119_232652.jpg (2048x1152, 1.42M)

Clean your room, get a job, and buy quality over quantity.

What's that all white one in the middle row? I am a pedal fag. My Paul Cochrane Timmy has been my favorite pedal for 6 years.

Sounds like jealous poorfag speak

Keeley Caverns V2 left middle, JHS Alpine V1 center middle.

I just started learning a few months ago but love the guitar so far

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 1.07.11 AM.png (1013x761, 894K)

What's worse than a shitty guitar that wont stay in tune?

Two.

How's the Schecter? I bought the trans white KM a while ago, shit quality control so returned it

>be you
>hasnt joined Aktos yet
wtf are you doing with your life?
24/7 active Yea Forums chat, shit posting, etc, join lads

Link:
https:\\discord.io\aktos_

trrq

Attached: 1560165851294.jpg (1600x2325, 1.73M)

The gibson was $300 with the case, so who gives a shit, I plan on selling it soon.

I was hesitant about them after trying the MK-I versions, but this MK-II came around and as soon as I picked it up I knew I had to buy it. Neck feels fantastic, nice locking tuners, fret job was shockingly good. Picked it up for $600 to boot.

If it was $300, it wasn't a Gibson.

Good. Anything Gibson over the past 20ish years have been complete crap. They need to quit suing other companies and work on their pathetic quality control.

The MK-III looks like a move in the right direction. They seem to get better with each passing release.

4-5 years from now, I might actually consider one lol

Oh it definitely is a real gibson, it's an older faded sg with a good amount of wear and tear, I get some good deals from time to time. Still sounds good and plays good, just fucking sucks at staying in tune like any gibson.

Absolutely agree, gibson has trash QC, and the only reason I picked up my faded sg was because of the price, like fuck it can't go wrong for $300. But looking at a ton of them over the years, yeah fuck buying one new, and double fuck paying $2k+ for a god damn blueslawyer™

>I get some good deals from time to time

>fucking sucks at staying in tune

Well which is it, you chips ahoy eating bastard?

The MK-III is absolutely bonkers, but if I'm paying full retail price I'd probably spend my money elsewhere.

Both because I can enjoy it for the time being and sell it for a profit later. And fuck you I like chewy chips ahoy from time to time you chocolate chip hating fuck.

Sell all that crap and buy a Solar.

Attached: FB_IMG_1555740316455.jpg (1137x640, 75K)

I actually got to play one recently, an A1.7DVV. Was actually surprised, it was pretty decent after it was setup. Neck felt good, fretwork left a bit to be desired, pickups were better than I expected, still wouldn't fork out the $1400 for it mainly because I'm not a floyd guy. But that 8 string they just put out for right around a grand is actually pretty tempting. Shit looks good and I want another 8 with a different neck profile.

I have one with an Evertune bridge. Absolutely amazing. They are a bit expensive, but damnit, it's an almost flawless guitar. Worth every penny.

I am heavy wepons guy

And this...

is my weapon

Attached: Wepaon.png (683x238, 270K)

1965 fender jazzmaster

Attached: FA101638-4115-4D17-B472-EABC33E734DE.jpg (1125x848, 873K)