4k, 60Hz, ~24''

I don't wanna spend more than around 500. Also, what brand? I was thinking Asus

Attached: pc 90's.jpg (500x375, 28K)

> LG ultrawides
> 29 or 34 are in your range, refresh ranges from 60-75hz
> 1080p+ or 2k
> more expensive options slightly above your price range improve refresh rate
> all ips tho and stands are aight, Vesa mounts depending on model
> there's like 100 different models but only like 3 or 4 diffent panels. It all comes down to inputs and stand features. Stick with DP ones as they support freesync on nvidia cards quite well

I have an Asus VG248QE its a really good monitor its 1080p 144hz

AOC G2460PF 24”. Great monitor, I use 2 of them in my setup. Quite cheap as well.

Those are cheap but I would really prefer 28'' my nigga

> Pixio is better for a fast + cheap monitors
> They use VA panels but they're samsung so they should hold up
> the adjustable stands they sell with them are pretty nice

still need help

Buy an used macbook

Nignog you are being helped you just don't fuckin reply to my posts

Maybe if you had some more information like use case, gpu, what you currently have, dual or single screen, desk space and what mount of you have one you'd use. TN, IPS, or VA perfered? Korean, China, or Japanese panels? If you want to go in fuckin depth we can go there nigga but it's a two way street.

IMHO you d be better off with a ips panel and lower refresh as it looks so much fucking better. VA is pretty sick in terms of contrast but it over saturates a lot and colors are all over the place from factory most of the time. TN is all you'll get on the cheap fast end from AOC or even ASUS if you don't avoid those models. Personally I hate TN but if a fast refresh rate is all that matters than you should just stick to 1080p as it's going to look like shit anyways and your gpu will likely never be able to keep up. 75hz-100hz is absolutely fine unless you're a pro osu or fps player.

it depends, what cpu+gpu combo are you running?
nowadays, if you're not running something that can handle 1080p @ 144Hz, then just don't bother with the higher refresh rate.
There are a shitton of 60Hz monitors of all designs/resolutions/sizes that can fit most budgets.

Personally, I think 144Hz is overrated as fuck, so I prefer having an ultrawide ~28"+ at 60Hz, and a 1080p side monitor again at 60Hz.

I am running a GTX 1070 with an 8th gen i5 8600k
and I have an ASUS 1080p 60Hz monitor rn.

I have 2 of pic related
just under $250 each from Newegg so you can probably find them a little cheaper

Attached: a1_010618.jpg (850x499, 251K)

>GTX 1070
You can run one 144Hz 1080p display with good framerate
or you can run one 144Hz 1440p display with just okay framerate

I'd prefer the consistent framerate tbh

why do you feel like you need to upgrade monitors btw?

I'd second this too, but the one I got was locked to 60hz, had to send it back to get it repaired which was a bummer

Thank you, bought a nice 144hz monitor last year and its been super meh

I've read so many posts about dumb nigger kids who get bought 144Hz monitors by their parents

are you sure it's running at 144Hz and not defaulting at 60?

would a 1080p 28'' monitor be stretching the pixels too much?

Also what do you guys think about a curved monitor? Overrated?

Yeah its running 144hz, the 1ms is quite noticable, the 144hz is defiantly not a game changer

That's all personal taste. I think you can get away with 1080p at 26, maybe 28.
Check the monitors out at a PC shop in person, then buy the best deal online. That's the true master race of monitor buying.

TN, IPS, VA which one is better for gaming and which one is better for picture quality?

Is 144Hz really worth it?

I'm the same user who thinks 144Hz is overrated.
But I also don't often play FPS which benefits the most from high refresh rate.
I'd much rather have a crisp 60Hz display that suits my needs and saves me money cutting unnecessary shit.

TN is inappropriate for absolutely everything. Don't ever try to save money by buying one. Not worth it.

Ok noted then

TN is trash but for gaming itvs the gold standard as new ones are reaching 200hz+ now

It's useless for anything else as viewing angles are shit and colors are usually worse. VA has the best contrast and high end ones look as good as an ips but gaming ones are somewhere between an ips and TN in terms of looks. Ips is the best in terms of how the monitor looks, brightness is a little lacking compared to others but imo that's not really a concern.
Anything over 100hz is not worth imo. I run a 75hz ultrawide and am extremely pleased with it. Ips is worth the sacrifices as I consume content too and not just game.

What resolution do you have?

Do those sexy curved monitors really do all that much? Or is it just gimmick?

it's a display, use your brain
do you think having a curved display will add more immersion to your gaming experience?

we can't answer questions you're not even willing to answer yourself OP

Curved monitors supposedly stop a lot of screen glare and they are also supposedly 'better suited for the human eye' and some other technical advantages people talk about. There is supposedly more to the curve than it just being curved.

I wasn't really arguing for or against curved displays. I was trying to get across to OP that it's a stupid question and he should think about it for himself before asking.
That being said, you pay a LOT more for the privilege of a curved screen and while I think the money is well spent, it depends on how you think you should spend your money.

2560x1080 29" flat ultrawide. Best monitor for under $250 I've ever seen

Curved would be nice, not all that necessary though. Of you use near a window or rear facing light and you already struggle with glare I could it as a problem. But I use at night or in a dark room and the matte finish is fine for me. Imo the curve doesn't add much immersion, I mean it's better but not worth the cost and at the smaller size ultrawides (24,29,even 32) not worth the cost of horizontal space

Curved would be nice, not all that necessary though. Of you use near a window or rear facing light and you already struggle with glare I could it as a problem. But I use at night or in a dark room and the matte finish is fine for me. Imo the curve doesn't add much immersion, I mean it's better but not worth the cost and at the smaller size ultrawides (24,29,even 32) not worth the cost of horizontal space