Sup my dudes, watchbro here

Sup my dudes, watchbro here.
Happy to answer an watch or horological related questions, everyone can appreciate horology even if you have no interest in an expensive watch. Also general ylyl.
This is a Zenith Espada. Actually quite little known that the el primero movement is used not only in chronograph watches. A time-only 5hz mechanical watch is quite nice to view, and Zenith is a brand of excellent quality.

Attached: el-primero-espada.jpg (450x640, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

urwerk.com/en/collection-1001-collection-ur-1001-c6-p11.php
youtu.be/3VIcRa5lFQ4
discordapp.com\invite\mhHPe8D
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: 1561477588514.jpg (960x960, 155K)

who else uses snapchat

Attached: 0e4430b0526e4cb3ae189033f80e1fd3.jpg (252x336, 22K)

Such a classic, a Gerald Genta Disney sports watch. They were available in a variety of iterations, with all the Disney characters playing golf and baseball, etc. The round window is a jumping hour display, and the golf club points at the minutes. A really cool take on a retrograde display. I've always wanted one and tried one on a few times, but they are a tally vintage pieces and sized to the style of the era they were released (early 80s) and they just look too small on me.
Great watches though, and Gerald Genta is probably the most prolific watch designer you've never heard of.

Attached: 14480797371_24037.jpg (700x699, 353K)

This meme is funny to me and a great followup to the goofy watch I just posted

Attached: 1559360176953.jpg (512x494, 59K)

This is one of the stealthiest huge cocks in all of horology. The Patek 5204p. The P references the solid platinum construction. Platinum is currently trading at priced lower than gold, but still carries a big premium in the watch world. It's not just a platinum Patek though, it's a split seconds chronograph and perpetual calendar, 2 very advanced complications. The manually wound movement is stunning.
Not many of them exist, and if you find one for less than $300,000 USD, mortgage your house and buy it because I can help you flip it for about $350k basically immediately

Attached: 5204p-boodles-pp-white-mens_1.jpg (636x700, 237K)

Attached: 471.jpg (2048x1536, 1.32M)

Omega seamaster Aqua Terra world timer. Not to my style but the globe detail is very well done, I've handled the watch in person. I wear a 38.5 AT and can confirm the casework to be superb for regular wearing, a very nice watch with an heirloom quality design.

Attached: omega-seamaster-aqua-terra-worldtimer-steel-4.jpg (800x1000, 212K)

Attached: 1559215475385.jpg (2048x1873, 967K)

Seiko spacewalk. Essentially a prototype watch they made available in limited quantities for public consumption. It's a rare and unique springdrive-powered watch,but its way overpriced and hardly wearable. About 50mm wide and 15mm thick,it's a beast you'll never forget you're wearing. Very cool handset.

Attached: SEIKOSpaceWalkSPS005J-IG-1.jpg (1600x1478, 114K)

Attached: 1519323453696.jpg (750x500, 153K)

Perrelet turbine "hentai" finally a watch for 4chin. A series of 4 watches, each with a different hentai image behind the watch's signature 'turbine' dial complication (it spins with the winding rotor, giving the effect of a jet turbine on the dial.
No idea who buys these.

Attached: Turbine-Erotic-1.jpg (600x465, 134K)

Attached: 1520863600028.jpg (500x973, 251K)

You might hate me for this question but what are the best bang for buck watches, decent looking and good quality.

Attached: trick bone.jpg (687x998, 129K)

Hate? That's one of the best general watch questions ever. Pricing is always a concern I. Watches, everyone wants to pay less and get more.
In swiss watches it's hard to beat the value that brands like Hamilton and Tissot offer. They both have very big catalogues, so there will be great pieces and not-so-great ones. Tissot does a lot of quartz stuff if you're not into mechanical. Outside the Swiss,Seiko is a great brand too, and they have a fucking massive catalogue, they really do have a watch for everyone.
If you want to give me a rough budget and a hint at the style you prefer (diver, field, pilot, dress, etc) I can throw out a few specific suggestions.

Updated Junghans Max Bill chronograph.i know there are a lot of design and arty types that come here, so many of you will know who Max Bill is. The watch series he has with Junghans has been around for a long time, and does a good job of embodying the Bauhaus aesthetic it tries to achieve. Many brands claim 'bauhaus' design ethos but really just release minimalist designs and miscategorize them

Attached: Junghans-Max-Bill-Edition-Set-2019-Watch-3.jpg (1400x1620, 121K)

Attached: pig boss.jpg (706x713, 118K)

Attached: Screenshot_20180226-215812.jpg (1119x1195, 503K)

different guy here. my budget very limited (150 euro tops) and i would like a quality watch that would replace my lost calypso which i had ever since i was a kid

This image is one of my main arguments for considering a modern watch with a vintage style rather than an actually vintage watch. I have lots of arguments for this actually, and it's not that I'm a hater of vintage pieces, but they are risky and often require additional investment. These little pushers on the side of the case are required to adjust the watches features. They are weak points that allow dust and moisture to enter the watch, fouling it and making service more necessary. Modern watches don't have these, horology has advanced to where the functions can be managed through the crown without the need for additional pushers. 'vintage' is very hot right now, so if you fall in love with an old watch, look around at some modern ones that have the same style: most brands are releasing new watches with vintage styling to keep up with the trend, and I think they are better ideas for most people than taking care of a far more delicate and fussy vintage piece.

Attached: Zodiac_Triple_Calendar_Chronograph_AS00626_LeftSide.jpg (2048x1365, 180K)

Can you post an example of the calypso you lost? I don't recognise the brand, but once I know the style I can help you out

it had a distinctive nautica feel to it but never mind. i would like the new one to be of medium to small size, with leather strap and the clockface in blue color. not interested in chronographs, though it would be nice if it could tell the date. water resistance is also a requirement, 10 atm min.

also, can you recommend brands in general?

calypso guy again. i bought this a couple of years back and aesthetically i find it to be perfect. unfortunately the build quality turned out to be shit. komono brand, monotone blue model

Attached: accessori-komono-winston-heritage-monotone-monotone-blue-39279-674-4.jpg (674x674, 61K)

Seiko presage SRPB41 could be a good option. It will max out your budget, but the quality is good enough that with normal wear you can count on this watch for many years. Very reliable automatic movement and the waffle dial is very impressive in person.i have an original cocktail time with the itrodes ENT dial of the same pattern, very nice watch for the money.
It comes on a decent steel bracelet, you can replace it with a good quality leather strap rather economically, and then you'll always have the bracelet as backup of you want to switch it up.

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (450x600, 41K)

Attached: In da club.jpg (942x696, 217K)

Attached: grapes matter.jpg (1126x886, 218K)

I wan't to read some of your valuable opinion on this watch, if you don't mind

Attached: Triwa watch.png (440x420, 181K)

very pretty but I cannot find it anywhere for less than 400 euro. that is way too much man

what can you tell me about this one - seiko automatic

Attached: 20181101113124_seiko_automatic_srpc21k1.jpg (844x1200, 199K)

looking for a dirt cheap fake so I can flex on nouveau riche people who buy rolexes.

Got any recommendations? I saw a place for "Replcias" around $200 but I'm looking for $50 max. Maybe a pawn shop?

Fakes are for losers, kiddo. You'll get no help from me on that.
Don't play yourself that way.

I shop in Canadian dollars but I've seen it new on eBay and jomashop for the equivalent to about $130-155 euro.

Tries is a strange brand. Mostly fashion type stuff, and they do some bizarre SJW stuff like making watches out of recycled firearms (which isn't a great idea because it's a different kind of steel that isn't ideal for watches). That said, they are inexpensive and some of the styles are attractive.
I'll be honest, I preordered this one and am looking forward to getting it. Pretty cool for like $100. The hair moves as the hands.

Attached: 2945_bac9cdcc47-combover_watch_mustard-med.jpg (800x800, 88K)

Are you the same guy that I recommended the presage to? If yes this is a fine alternative.the movement will be just as reliable, although it is a lower tier caliber (the 4r still hacks and handwinds though) and comes in a well under your budget.
The strap it comes with will be of shit quality,so some of the money you save buying the watch should be used for a better strap, and then you'll be set.

How come you never see black school shooters?

Attached: 1546114180396.jpg (853x290, 22K)

How come you never see black school shooters?

Too dark

How come you can't even finish sucking on the cock already in your mouth without fantasizing about the next cock?
Take your meds you autism crippled nobody.

I bought a Breitling Superocean about 6 years ago. How did I do? It's my first and only watch so far. Thinking about upgrading...maybe 20k max.

here it is...

Attached: 0cdefa48-de23-4e33-ae7c-c23cc67220ca.jpg (700x700, 89K)

wait that's not mine...couldn't tell from the thumbnail, but mine's similar...if the bezel was twisted like that it would make me nuts

My breitling colt gmt is running 5 seconds a minute fast, not magnatised, just send it to breitling

>possible causes?

I’ve dropped it from very near the ground wrapped in a shirt that i think started the increase.

150 max?

You wont get a decent watch for that bro, not even second hand, that is if ur talking about an automatic watch

Thank you very much on your opinion user

well i think that you have made some mistake. It's not tries brand of that watch, it's triwa, or there is might be that i don't understand something

Attached: triwa.jpg (400x400, 102K)

Well,the bezel is supposed to rotate,so if yours doesn't you have a bad fake.
But otherwise great watch. I'm a big Breitling fan although not so much in the SO/SOH range. I think there be series chronograph movements are the best full production chronograph movement in the industry today and I'm really looking forward to an updated Cosmonaute.
If you've got $20k to spend and like Brietling, I'd encourage you to look at a new navitimer or chronoliner and get on board the B-series train. You'll get change back from your $20k too.

Attached: yb04601a-a969-277s-75.png (810x1080, 474K)

Not true, don't pay attention to this guy.

It was a typo. I was referring to triwa, I even posted an image of a triwa watch that I ordered.

If a short fall caused a timing deviation, that is very fixable and shouldn't cost you a lot to service, even if you did send it directly to breitling.

No mine rotates. I got it in Heathrow so no fake. :) Full price obviously. Yeah I like the look of mine and I don't really know much about watches. That watch in the picture looks pretty sick too.

Oh i see right now, didn't click on that image, anyway, thank you for your valuable opinion

Do you want to move I to something more complicated,like a chronograph or full calendar? Or do you like the idea of staying simple and time-only? I would have amazing options for you all day with $20k to spend.

Anytime Yea Forumsro

Simple but impressive. I just want people to look and think "nice watch"...

I know the obvious answer is just to get a Rolex...

Actual fake story outbound.

>Be me.
>25 at the time.
>Beta loser who can't get laid for the life of him.
>Pathological fear of girls since some bitch mind fucked me.
>Have a younger sister, 13 at the time.
>My sister is boy crazy, really wants to date a guy named Ray Pist.
>Announces that she's "seeing him".
>Father and I start discussing plans on how to shoot the bastard.
>Few days later, brings the dude home.
>Tall, scrawny freak with swastika tattoo on forehead.
>Visible shrimp dick.
>My father and I tell him he's "walked into the courtroom".
>Discuss for a few minutes.
>They go out.
>Dad tells me, "it's not going to last, his dick is tiny".
>Sis comes home.
>Announces it was "fun".
>Around a week later, my sister tells me that her bf previously dated an 11 year old girl.
>She's worried that he secretly wants this girl back.
>About a week later, overhear a conversation between my sister and my mother.
>"He drugged me and raped me while I was unconscious".
>Tryingtoholdbacklaughter.jpg.
>Tell my father this.
>Laughs uncontrollably.
>MFW my dad predicted exactly how his daughter's first relationship would go down.

Attached: received_227229831472304.jpg (960x960, 49K)

What up poorfags..

Attached: 20190704_001150.png (1536x1728, 1.78M)

What the fuck is Omega? Is that some cheap knock-off of something?

is that some pussywatch?

i am wearing this. atomic solar. never needs setting or battery change

Attached: IMG_20190703_102204.jpg (1280x720, 248K)

What can you recommend for 500 euro ?
Any good brand I should look out for?

Attached: image.jpg (1532x2048, 1.3M)

Nah dude, i just like to make some threads laughable
>pussywatch

Attached: 20190703_123030-2268x3024.jpg (2268x3024, 1.03M)

Not a watch guy but always wanted something to wear as a casual thing wearing everyday.

>Now, set it to 700.

Attached: C185F602-7F30-4640-9349-CC9A9ABA4EE0.jpg (1640x2048, 497K)

Watches are the cringest thing ever.

Attached: 1553202517616.jpg (211x207, 10K)

Nuclear reactor, god damn now you scared me

Omega is the connoisseurs Rolex
Grand Seiko is the engineers Rolex.

But if I'm wearing Omega who will know it's a nice watch? Just watchfags?

That is spot-on user.
+1

Pretty much, yes

Well that's shitty. Rolex it is I guess.

What others can recognise, think or want to see should not be one of your criteria on what to buy about YOU. Get what you like. If it happens to be a Rolex buy it because you like it...

Is that you nixie? Very cool if yes. Even if you just found the pic, still cool
Watchbro here, I have had 4 people approach me looking for help buying a nixie. It's got a cult following.

That's a lovely sentiment, but I really just want a watch as a status symbol. I can see the time on my phone just fine. I think Rolex is probably the best for that...all normies will recognize it.

Is that yours? The porcelain is in fantastic condition.
I'm a wristwatch guy,I dont pretend to know much about pocket watches but there are some very cool ones out there.
This one is by the megacool URWERK.
Time and full calendar and will record it all accurately for 1000 years. $400k.

Attached: Expensive-URWERK-UR-1001-TITAN-Pocket-Watch-3.jpg (990x660, 143K)

Dhgate

r/chinatime on reddit has everything you need

Get on my level kid

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 1.61M)

Attached: 1544695549091m.jpg (417x1024, 35K)

that watch sucks

Why are you so gay for this guy that you need to post him every day? It's pure obsession you fucking fag. I bet you jerk off to him every night. The idea of him being a rapist satisfies your submissive fetish and you need to broadcast your homoerotic fantasies of having your anus cheeks spread to every YLYL/cringe thread/rekt/pics you saved/etc. thread you find. And to make it worse, you post your own threads as well, effectively doubling your faggotry because you become the OP. This essentially makes you the gayest person on Yea Forums. You are obsessed with some guy and you are the faggot OP. Well done. I don't think anyone has ever achieved such faggotry in the history of this website, perhaps the entire internet. I bet you eat cocks and shit rainbows for breakfast and everything you utter faggot.

Attached: 1556315065372.jpg (720x960, 315K)

KECKY BECKY!

Watchbro here, I'm wearing the AT now.
in my opinion both Rolex enemiga are equal in terms of customer enjoyment and quality delivered. The difference is in the way that the movements are made. Rolex movements are made with no other concern other than durability service stability and accuracy. Omega obviously cares about these things as well but they put some of the extreme serviceability aside in order to help the advancement of certain technologies. Modern Omega movements contain co-axial escapement s, which was a main driver in me wanting to own one. it is very cool technology to me as a watch nerd. Omega also employs a lot of nice movement finishing and displays their movements when you turn the watch over. Rolex does not do this on any of their watches they all have plain solid case backs. the movements are very nice but they're very Spartan and appearance and there is no consideration for aesthetics.
Neither brand is a bad idea and neither brand is better than one another. they're both doing the same thing but differently and both are delivering equal enjoyment and quality to their customers. Everything else is just hair pulling in chest beating

Attached: at385.jpg (3024x2268, 943K)

Fuck, I'm in love

And I will also add that many people who could care less about watches have commented on this watch kindly. and also that the Omega brand is recognizable to lots of people who don't know or care about watches. while I personally couldn't care less or me get does get in front of a lot of people through vehicles like the Olympics and other sporting events which does increase brand awareness across the general public.

Yeah, that's my nixie

Attached: PhotoPictureResizer_190703_132148030_crop_2985x3342.jpg (2985x3342, 1.39M)

they're too busy shooting up their neighborhoods

Thanks based watchbro.

That watch is fuckin awesome. Is it 007 co-branded?
I really liked the Skyfall version of my Aqua Terra, but I just can't do watches that are co-branded.

Attached: e3e6egaz.jpg (1024x1024, 148K)

A genuine interesting watch.
Never fails to attract attention.

Attached: IMG_20190703_202231.jpg (2112x1297, 871K)

no one liked my watch you're a bunch of pussies

that's just a swatch worth about $2

Start here man:
urwerk.com/en/collection-1001-collection-ur-1001-c6-p11.php
URWERK is an all-time favourite of mine. Not so much the pocket watch but they are just so fuckin cool. This the torpedo, the one I really want.

Attached: Urwerk UR-110 Torpedo.jpg (610x600, 162K)

Not quite there son, try harder.

Cool af my man.

German watchmaker working in Switzerland here

had my hands working on this piece

It only has a 007 logo on the clasp, I dont like all the branding on the other ones

You still here?

What are the Perks of mechanical watches?

Let's say around few hundred euros

MOAR
Talk about it. Watch to loves to hear about that shit

That's an original spaceview! Very cool, and yes absolutely a conversation starter. There is nothing $2 about that.
Watchbro here, I love Bulova precisionist and UHF watch movements. I have five of them. I think it is some of the coolest watch technology that's available to basically everybody. This is my LE CURV.

Attached: CURV.jpg (3024x2268, 1.24M)

My OG Nixie watch. The best of the bunch.

Attached: Screenshot_20190703_204106.jpg (1080x657, 187K)

God damn, watches are interesting, where does one start if he wants to learn more about them?
Where did you start?

I second your Seiko quality comment. I have two Presage automatics, very pleased on design. Here is the SARW057 very classy look.

Attached: 2018-11-18 08.08.36.jpg (4032x1960, 1.86M)

I was given my father's workaday Zodiac Seawolf (pic related), the band has most of the gold worn off, the bezel and crown are in similar state. (The crown could probably stand to be replaced.)

Would I be better to see if the band/crown can be restored (replated) or see if a Zodiac replacement still exists?

The crystal has a 2-3 very minor surface scratches, could those be buffed out?

-thanks

Attached: 233-10965m.jpg (435x500, 38K)

Yes, I have it with an original box and papers too! It works like a charm.. My next is one of the vintage Omega with this kind of movement. I do not normally like modern bulova watches but yours looks so good and elegant. Nice!

I'm still here. for me the main perk of mechanical watches is that it is a thing that has a life and that lives and breathes. I'm simply a lover of mechanical things. Not all of my watches are mechanical though. there are lots of cool watches I would recommend people that are not mechanical if they were interested in having a watch but truly were not interested in that level of involvement. it is not hard at all to own and maintain a simple automatic watch, but they are simply more involved than a grab-and-go digital or quartz watch.
Also check this fuckin thing out. ALS is the upper eschelon. These movements are 100% made by hand. Twice.
they make every part for every movement and then they put the entire thing together and then they tested extensively and then they take it all apart and then they put it all back together and then they tested extensively and then it's allowed to be sold to somebody. They do this for every watch.

Attached: A-Lange-Sohne-Datograph-up-down-7.jpg (860x792, 204K)

once you have a 100k+ € watch lying on your watchmaking desk you really start about worrying not to slide off with your screwdriver, i can tell you that much

It is mine yes, passed down to me by my grandpa. Unfortunately it doesn’t work and I can’t find anyone willing (or skilled) enough to attempt a fix.

I'm looking for a good Space Compax for about 2 years now as an investment. Since a lot of them are Franken watches (fuck the valjoux 72 craze) I want to use a expert to access it and act as a middleman. What's the going % for such a middleman?

Attached: images(7).jpg (178x283, 9K)

there are swatches that look just like it

'Bout tree fiddy

I started at a very young age I just liked watches. I'm a bit of an oldfag so when I was a kid they were still cool to kids. I had watches with planets on them and I had watches that were Transformers and I had watches that had calculators on them, there was just neat shit out there. I thought I was going to be a watchmaker so I went out and got a formal education and watch making but I didn't do anything with it. I don't regret it because it gave me a lot of upfront knowledge and helped fuel my ongoing passion.
A great place for you to get started would be a daily blog. And then just read. Ablogtoread, monochrome, watchtime, wornandwound, etc. All of them are full of shity ass opinions, like any blog. Especially in the comment sections. if you want to know about watches then just dig into the technical aspects of some of the articles of which there are many through a lot of those blogs.
This is the Gronenfeld from OnlyWatch this year. It's thier 8 minute remontoire, or constant force escapement. Go look at what this brand does, simply incredible.

Attached: Gronefeld-Only-Watch-2019.jpg (1400x1402, 237K)

Very cool man. Heavy with the battery but it's so badass.

If BTC hits $1,000,000 I will finally be able to buy a Zeitwork Date. Perfection.

found at boot sale £10 shit pic shit camera

Attached: Untitled.gif (800x390, 181K)

youtu.be/3VIcRa5lFQ4

>ALS
holy fk, how much would a watch like that cost?

That is why I replaced the strap with a NATO. Now is very comfy and secure.

Very nice. I have a handful of seikos as well, including a birthmonth Seiko. What's great about them is that you can reverse the serial numbers to find the month and year it was born, and hunt one down that lines up with your dates. Took me almost 2 years.
This is my original cocktail time, obviously not the birth watch (speed timer).

Attached: driving with a cocktail.jpg (2268x3024, 1.2M)

Hello fellow watchfriend

Any knowledge/interest in vintage Heuer stuff?

have fallen on very hard times, must sell my 79220R black bay very soon. It's gonna hurt but this is the path I chose to go. My fault. And I think I will use this as my own personal punishment for fucking up, a reminder of what irresponsibility has done, and to never do it again. I don't think I'll wear another watch after this

If you aren't aware zodiac was purchased by fossil. and that might sound disappointing because fossil is a fashion brand to most people. But I have to say as Watchbro they have done a very good job of resurrecting the Zodiac brand.there's even propped up their own mechanical movement manufacturer a step that the vast majority of watch brands have not done. I am actually currently shopping for an STP powere modern Seawolf. Pic related.
I recommend you contact them through their website first.

Attached: 7b5dd2ec8471326fac97b16bbd3687e2.jpg (860x655, 94K)

I love f300hz Omegas as well. I'd love to have a mint mirror dial lobster chronograph one day. Pic related.

Attached: 3c4bb2ad-2fc2-4403-9626-e3f332991249.jpg (700x499, 49K)

Where are you located. I have some great watchmakers in my network and many of them are experienced in pocket watches.

Watchbro here, I won't pretend with you on this, I know nothing about that stuff. I'm not interested in the finer parts of the commercialisation side, it's horology for me.

Attached: christopheclaret_angelico_mtr.dtc08.000-010_rectoverso_a4_300dpi_rvb.jpg (1000x562, 136K)

man, i have to thank you
im 23 and have never had a decent interest in my life except gaming and you just sparked something in me. I have never felt so intrigued by something.
thank you man!

Post one.
Watchbro here, not tryna come at you, let's watch doesn't make a watch that looks like the spaceview. I'm sure they have lots of watches that use that colorway or similar to it, let's watch watches are pretty unmistakable as is the spaceview.

Attached: 720-720-swatch_sistem51.jpg (720x560, 69K)

Watchbro here, top 3 watch for me. I'd be jelly. Send me a wristshot. For research purposes...

Attached: A-Lange-Sohne-Zeitwerk-Date-148.038-SIHH-2019-8.jpg (1400x2100, 208K)

Quarter million

I can see where you are coming from.
I have a Rolex submariner (bought more investment at a time when I didn't know watches), I no longer wear it, got sick of people asking if it was fake.
Plus side, is going up in value, will probably sell in next couple of years.

Got a 30 year old Omega Seamaster, very nice less showy.
Plus side, beautiful piece of work and going up in value, but I didn't buy it for the investment. Will keep, as it is a beautiful piece of engineering.

My favourite watch, Grand Seiko Peacock, showy incognito. I can wear it anywhere without looking showy.
I can't describe how iridescent the face is in the correct light.
Just looking at a Grand Seiko Snowflake, I am hypnotized by the second hand of that spring drive mechanism. I will buy one at some point.

If I wanted to tell the time, I would buy a Casio Shock or look at my phone.
Watches are about engineering and being fascinated by it or they are just a status symbol - the choice is yours and will depict the type of watch you aspire to.

Attached: s9mxlk30ktk01.jpg (1537x2049, 322K)

Anytime my dude. I've been lurking in Yea Forums ylyl threads for many years, ask if I'm around if you have any questions.

Swatch* fukkin autocorrect

Watchbro here, I just peed a bit. I absolutely love the dial on the peacock.
I'm also infatuated with the tree dial. Love the movement too. Just don't like the case (or price)

Attached: Grand-Seiko-Spring-Drive-Chronograpj-SBGC017-1.jpg (1690x1127, 367K)

any of the see through swatches i post you'll say ahh it's not exactly the same because of feature x. just search for see through swatch watch and you'll see many that look like it

What do you think of the rare Rolex Oysterquartz?

that watch needs more shit on it

plenty of atomic solar watches out there

To 15 year old from the 90's maybe it will vaguely remind him a Swatch. Or a person whose only knowledge about watches is knowing Swatch. That tuning fork is pretty damn recognizable..

what do you mean it needs more shit? the dial is already pretty busy. it has a stopwatch, alarm, and dual time zones. also adjusts for dst automatically and receives atomic clock signals for different systems all around the world.

> To 15 year old from the 90's maybe it will vaguely remind him a Swatch
that's right and no it doesn't "vaguely" remind me of it at all. dumb fucking asshole

I've already had a look at their website, those designs are superb.
Love the UR110PTH!

You can be proud, it's a piece of art.

A waste. There is no point in a non mechanical Rolex.

You have been set free by Watchbro. Off you go, come back with a cool watch and tell the class about it.

Stay mad kid

The first mechanical watch I bought for myself. It´s a simple Junghans Max Bill, no date, minimalistic design and a small diameter of 34 mm. It´s perfet for my small wrists as it wears larger than it is.

Attached: 46796224_2154506467895745_7498632639591481344_n.jpg (720x960, 82K)

Watchbro here. Check this out, I just got it 2 weeks ago after months of negotiating to get one. It's so ugly but way too cool. I haven't enabled the Bluetooth or atomic time, but love the Casio solar capability. Best in class by far.

Attached: gold5600.jpg (2268x3024, 1.01M)

i'm not aware of an atomic casio that allows the option to not use it. why would you not use it?

500€ is a big poop of options man. Can you focus in on style, etc? See a watch you like but can't afford? There may be something good that is similar in style I can recommend.
This is the Moser vanta dial for onlywatch this year. If you don't know Venta it is the blackest black on Earth. even in person the hands really do look like they're just floating over endless space, it is the purest black you've ever seen.

Attached: H-Moser-Moon-Vanta-Black-Only-Watch-2019.jpg (1400x1542, 157K)

I got the plastic with the plastic bracelet one for work. Nice one..

Winnipeg, Canada.

What you think of the Rolex Day Date

Any of you watchbros actually involved in making these amazing pieces? Better to apprentice or study? Chances you'll get to watchmaking level vs mainly repairing?

Ann old Bulova I think.

It's not my first atomic Casio. I'm in the Toronto area in the signal here is sketchy at best. He spends too much time trying to get it and I feel like that's unnecessarily wasting the battery. I do it for sync once in awhile to make sure everything is Right accurate but other than that it's not necessary for it to always be looking for the atomic signal.
this is my new manual you can see where it shows that the signal received can be set to automatic or manual so if you set it to manual receive and never manually make it receive it won't.

Attached: goldmanual.jpg (2268x3024, 1.2M)

I think hes just being an ass

Looks great, watchbro

Watchbro here. I went out and got formally educated I just never did anything with it. I don't work in horology. I would never want to discourage anybody from chasing it, but your chances are just so slim. Really, you would have had to start when you were very young. there's nothing to say that you couldn't go out and get the education and build the skill and get a great job in watchmaking. Just understand it's going to be a very steep Hill to climb, and you're going to have to support yourself some other way for most of the time until you get there.
Hyt anyone? Love this new release with a military theme from this place. the concept of using liquid in mechanical Bellows to push it around in order to tell the time is still a very cool concept even after a couple of years of being released.

Attached: HYT-H1.0-Watch-5.jpg (1400x990, 798K)

even if it's automatic it probably only searches for the signal a few times in the night. i think my analog searches at 00:00, 01:00, 02:00, 03:00, and maybe 04:00. each attempt only takes a few minutes even if it falls. if it successfully syncs at any of those tries it's done until 00:00 the next day.

i also have an atomic solar mudman that i never wear but it sits for at least six months every year in a drawer still syncing and when i pull it out the battery indicator is only at medium, not low. so i don't think syncing uses to too much juice. i pull my mudman out occasionally and charge it usually in the summer

as far as aviator style watches go to one isn't terribly busy if he was talking about the aesthetics

Look at Orient automatics. They're owned by Seiko and use Seiko movements for the most part. And from what I can tell, Seiko lume as well, which beats Citizen/Bulova lume imo.

If you want a quartz movement, look into a Bulova with their high performance 262 Khz movement. Sweeps as nice as an automatic, even better than some.

I have an Orient Mako USA II, Orient Kamasu LE, Citizens Eco-drive, and Bulova Lunar Pilot.

Also just got a cheap Invicta Pro Diver with nh35a automatic movement yesterday, with exhibition back. Was on clearance. Quite surprised how decent it seems to be for something that was less than $100US, but only time will tell...no pun intended.

I have a Citizen that is also supposed to receive signals from the atomic clock in boulder CO - I live on the coast in MA and can assure you my watch has to be manually reset every Spring & Fall.

Bitching about battery use on a solar Casio is such a stroke anyway. I know I'm being a nitpicker I think I really just don't like watching it struggle to find the signal.
This is my PAG240. Doesn't have atomic, but it's the most dependable watch I've ever had my life. It's honestly help save my life on more than one occasion, I used to be really involved in survivalist camping and canoeing. I'd replace it tomorrow (the sensors for the compass and barometer and altimeter have all been refined over the years) but the Pathfinder / protrek series has still never beaten it.

Attached: ff1f82f3-045a-447d-88da-368568399086.jpg (720x540, 54K)

Nerd

trump administration is proposing to cut off funding and therefore shut down wwvb, so no more over the air atomic clock signal is that happens

Thanks. I´m a bit of a sucker for Bauhaus watches, but for some reason Nomos watches aren´t my thing (except for the Orion), yet the Max Bills are just up my alley.
I´m also a sucker for cheap Russian divers.

Attached: 123453.jpg (540x960, 92K)

Watchbro here, this is a decent post.
Only thing the lad is nothing sweeps as smoothly as a precisionist/UHF Bulova. No existing mechanical movement compares (and I am very well versed in the likes of Breguet's 10hz and Zenith's 18hz). Even the Seiko spring drive (which is deliciously smooth) is not as pure as the Bulova. Very cool watches.

Attached: MD-12927_20151112122256_edf0dc138af2a0fc.jpg (900x900, 282K)

You're not watchbro...ಠ_ಠ

Wearing anything above a quartz Digi or a analog is being a cuck. Even billionaires stunt on niggas by just wearing quartz shitters.
Also suit + Digi quartz is the best aesthetic, change my mind pro tip u cant

Attached: image (1).jpg (296x494, 27K)

Wat?

Have to agree. I prefer automatics, but that Lunar Pilot I have is soooo smooth! Plus, it's the most precise quartz movement a person can get. What is it, like +/- 1 sec every 10 years? Something absurd like that.

For sub-$500 watches, those options I listed are great ways to get into nice watches that aren't mainstream skx's, g-shocks, etc, but look nice and are good quality.

I'd probably buy another Invicta diver again, if it's an automatic. Their quartz watches are hideous, overrated, and overpriced though.

Then there's the whole conversation concerning crystals, mineral vs sapphire.

watchbro are they any current analog only atmoic solar g-shocks under $500? this is mine and it's about 6 years old, and sometimes i think about getting a newer one but as far as i can tell casio no longer makes analog only atomic solar watches. the new ones all seem to be digital analog face which i don't really like

Great looking timepiece. I've got a 1971 Gondolo. Not bling but suits my style. Great watches.

Patrick? Get back to work my dood

Watchbro here. Henry Paulson has a very nice and a quite expensive watch collection. Many very affluent people with prominent public positions will wear common man watches in high profile setting astoo not seem to show off to the plebs.
The worst president in history has a bunch of very nice watches too, but he was always seen in the Jorg Gray that the secret service gave him for that very reason.

Attached: yo097-04.jpg (620x523, 52K)

No man, sorry. A friend of mine was saying recently the same thing, they need a new only
All the recent atomic releases are digi only or ani-digi.

Watchbro here, show it! Lovely watch, would love to see it.

Digi master race

Attached: FBI-Mueller1.jpg (430x594, 67K)

Watchbro here. I ain't no Patrick.

Watchbro here, check this out. Quite limited and hard to find, took years of casual searching to find one to buy.

Attached: d8e2bd5b-66b2-4db0-b17d-7b6b437cb16f.jpg (600x800, 60K)

Only oldfags are willing to duff this guy up.

Attached: 1537904895209.jpg (960x960, 63K)

Everyone in the world will recognise this guy soon.

Attached: received_2264102393818860.jpg (768x960, 108K)

Can't mate. It's back in the safe and I'm overseas. If this thread pops back up in a few weeks I'll pic and show.

I'm after a rolex from the 1940's/1950's any tips on sourcing one?

Gentlemoon.

Attached: IMG_20190703_204814.jpg (2736x3648, 1.96M)

Sorry mate its in the safe and I'm overseas. If this thread pops up in a few weeks I'll gladly pic and show.

I'm after a 1940's/2950's rolex - anyone got tips on how/where to source one?

Yes, but not through me. Ask for watchbro in a Yea Forums ylyl when you get back and I can send you some contacts

Nice. I see we have plenty of Omega boys here..

DSOTM! fuckin rad man. I love the GSOTM. So nice on the wrist, and what a cool movement.
Watchbro approved.

It's my least worn Omega, I've got to admit.... If I was ever to sell one on it would be the Dark Side. Nice to be in good company in here! I guess all the Rolex owners are all flexing on JewTube.

Any opinion on William L. watches? They're inexpensive kindof replicas of older, way more expensive style watches, but they're supposedly good, at least for the price.

Watchbro dude I just bought a Tissot with the powermatic 80. I am worried about the non adjustable movement.. whats yourntake..?

Join this discord... Why the FUCK not???
discordapp.com\invite\mhHPe8D
GO GO GO

-9p

Watchbro here.
I monitor Kickstarter somewhat closely. There is a fuckton of garbage watches that come out of Kickstarter but then also some real diamonds in the rough (can't say enough good things about Zelos, etc).
This is one of them. The first one and only one I really know about is this one. At first glance the style is very easy to get behind with an attractive vintage pilot/field chronograph look. The case is well made and it's a Seiko automatic chronograph movement, and the preorder was about 500£. That's hard to beat. As long as they are willing to stand behind thier product for an adequate amount of time (one year at minimum: any critical/terminal manufacturing failures will be exposed before a year expires) then I would have no issue with recommending you buy one.

Attached: images.jpg (275x183, 9K)

This is the quality content I want to see on Yea Forums. A breath of fresh air from all the porn. Thanks watchbro. Cool watches btw!

Powermatic movement as solid, I'd say you got good value. The base movement is an ETA C07, so right away you know the quality is fine. They improve the mainspring, add some composite parts, and lower the beatrate from 4hz to 3hz, and all of this about doubles the power reserve (to 80 hours, hence the name).
Some brands (most Swatch group brands have access to this movement) including Tissot even get the powermatic movement COSC certified (pic related), so I wouldn't worry about the quality. The seconds hand is a bit chopper with the lowered rate, but otherwise is all pretty cool. Some of them are quite attractive.

Attached: Tissot_Luxury_Black_Background-1024x905.jpg (1024x905, 89K)

Anytime my dude. I lurk Yea Forums ylyls daily, so I'll do another thread again sometime.