Why do Millenials not like motor racing?

Motorsports in the US used to be huge and the stars were household names. What happened?
>Nigel Mansell at the 1993 Indycar Michigan 500

Attached: 1909750f99ad2dceda7c45999db1406d.jpg (795x530, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sZQZ6MjtGPQ?t=144
youtube.com/watch?v=PqIziuag21I
youtube.com/watch?v=I-2zZAvAKgA
youtu.be/q39S4bjjU-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=atuFSv2bLa8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Burgers don't want to watch foreigners win all their races.

>changing your own oil
>owning your own car or motorcycle
>maintaining your vehicle/installing aftermarket parts
These things used to be normal American culture it connected us to things like racing. Now we're fat cattle who don't own anything and outsource every menial task to professional service providers. The sjw crowd in particular doesn't know how or care how an engine works.

Attached: sigh.jpg (400x286, 16K)

This + driving is an interruption away from social media posting. Maybe the guys are just cowards too. Racing used to be a bloodsport like bull fighting.

>Nigel Mansell
based

Attached: strawmans.gif (303x277, 1.77M)

bayste

Motorsports became too tame and safe. Hardly anyone dies anymore, so what's the point? We want blood sport.

Attached: 46A6A58400000578-5113835-image-a-7_1511521747585.jpg (962x585, 162K)

Modern culture became pussified. There's too many rules, too much safety, and alcohol and tobacco sponsorship was outlawed.

without tobacco and alcohol, the sponsorship money dried up and the whole racing scene became "gentleman drivers" who can pay to race and keep the teams afloat. less real drivers means more boring races and more safety concerns, etc.

most "professional" drivers these days on the grids didn't even race karts as kids.. which would have been unheard of even 20 years ago.

I grew up on motorsports in the 90s and I don't even watch it anymore because it's so fucking boring and poz'd. motocross is basically the last interesting pro racing sport.

Final two laps of the 2000 Indycar Michigan 500. I remember watching this holy shit.
youtu.be/sZQZ6MjtGPQ?t=144

Attached: 2000 Michigan 500 finish.png (702x469, 199K)

Too boring

Mansell won while battling influenza and the heat, he needed help getting out of the car iirc.

probably the regulations stopping technical evolution into faster and faster cars, making it all a aerodynamics show.

>motocross is basically the last interesting pro racing sport.
inaccurate and homosexual
youtube.com/watch?v=PqIziuag21I

Attached: false.gif (636x273, 2.46M)

No motogp? No world superbike? No motoamerica? Come on

All of these have very interesting races and are way more fun than gay cars

>Cart/IRL split killed American open wheel
>track rules killed sportscars and F1
>Brian France killed NASCAR

/o/ here, Uber and Lyft are getting millions used to not owning a car let alone how to maintain it, add on top of that driverless cars is making people forget how to drive.

Being able to own a vehicle and drive anywhere in the country is the truest form of American freedom and (((((they)))) are taking it away from us

Attached: 1509706772487.jpg (471x314, 29K)

i remember that, did he ever win le mans as well. that was always the big 3 with f1 & indy 500

I still enjoy IndyCar, could never get into Nascar though, the races just drag on.

F1 is unwatchable now. You could put anybody in a Mercedes and they’d win the title. The cars are so unequal every race is a parade interrupted by the occasional hissyfit on team radio. Anytime it almost becomes interesting, the stewards through a bunch of bullshit penalties at the drivers. Fuck F1

WRC is the last bastion of Aryanism in motorsports, the rest has been diluted into a jewish greyness of basedllenial comfortability by negros, jews, and women.

Everyone like Motorsport here though.

To enjoy a sport the viewer needs to understand it. Seeing how people nowadays don't know what skills are involved in being a racing driver and racecraft in general it's no wonder. Overregulation and complicating the disciplines is another reason, but why would anyone enjoy seeing cars race around a track when they can't even driver their cars without automatic shifting, braking, speed-auto, ESR, ABS, etc. People can't even park their cars anymore without the aid of a computer.

I switched to watching more non-mainstream series instead, like WorldRallycross, Rally and Touringcars. 100 horses won't get me to watch Formula1 or Indy/Nascar

This

oh, oh, i know the answer.

stronk, financially independent women who shift consumer preference away from high-performance vehicles to blander, "safer", soulless vehicles.

No, I don't think so. Endurance sports car racing is my other motorsport.

Attached: audi-le-mans-2008-01.jpg (1600x1067, 332K)

True and blackpilled

motorcycles in general, yes.
but, the money gap is still outrageous in motogp. British super bike and US super bike are good though.

youtube.com/watch?v=I-2zZAvAKgA

Lads, I'm an aircraft mechanic studying to be an engineer. As a spacecraft technician I put missions up to the ISS.

One huge thing I saw in the years when I was a spacecraft mechanic was, the engineers I was working around were CLUELESS about technical challenges. Often the techs would have to butt in and say "well, have you considered...". In fact, a number of engineering decisions put forward by engineers were based on my input.

So, as an engineering student, I came back to school expecting to see the same culture.

It turns out though, that the smart engineering students (read: the ones that value the work) are considering getting dually educated in engineering and as technicians.

The culture is slowly making a rebound. Please consider that this culture shifts in waves.

Bad times make strong people.
Strong people make good times.
Good times make weak people.
Weak people make bad times.

I only ask of you, dear reader, to help this process love along. Learn all you can. Be the man you aspire to be. Become strong.

F1 is so boring now

They know the aerodynamics are fucked, but won't fix them next season either. The fix is for 2021 and we don't even know if it will work.

The sound is terrible too. It's a 1.6L V6. The average car on the road has a bigger engine than that. What the fuck were they thinking?

F1 will become good again once dwindling viewership makes the earnings pitiful enough to bankrupt every existing company and control of the sport is taken away from manufacturers and onto the people who have incentive to make it popular again (the ones with the media rights).

Attached: 1285810345924.jpg (550x550, 144K)

Motor sports is fairly big here but it's Rallying not F1. Rallying is more dangerous on our narrow country roads and a 3 times Donegal international rally and newly elected county councillor there was killed in the Donegal Rally last Sunday and every other year there'd fatalities.

youtu.be/q39S4bjjU-Q

Ehem

>that flag

Attached: 1561309001057.jpg (833x925, 133K)

Thats more lead changes than half a season of F1

The v12s were only 3L
smaller engines are more efficient

Motorsports in general is gay, but American motorsports is ESPECIALLY GAY.
YOU FAGGOTS ONLY RACE ON OVAL TRACKS AND YOU NIGGERS STILL MANAGE TO CRASH.

3L is plenty to get a good sound though
the 2.9L V6 in the new Giulia sounds great

But most importantly, they need to rev higher
They have these dumb rules about engines being reliable and lasting like half a season which is bullshit
They need to bring the revs back up to 14-15k again (or higher) and let them replace engines more frequently

Because it's gay.

kikes

lol what
At least in F1 the current grid has been in one seaters since they could walk, apart from arguably Gimi, but he's a special case imo

>Red 5
Should have guessed

No need to be upset. It's okay.

Get rid of the safety features
It's more exciting when a racer's life is at risk
Hell, bring back bootlegging

Do you like my car?
youtube.com/watch?v=atuFSv2bLa8

Untrue. I race motorcycles. We do not use oval tracks. Fuck nascar