Ask a 35 y.o. who's going back to college anything. Career plans didn't pan out so I'm finishing up my accounting degree

Ask a 35 y.o. who's going back to college anything. Career plans didn't pan out so I'm finishing up my accounting degree

Attached: IMG_20190623_100615404_1561309645268.jpg (3291x2011, 426K)

Fuck that, get into software engineering and write a program to do the accounting for you.

Seriously that'll probably be a starting from scratch type of move for me. I still need to work and pay bills while I transition

Bump

To be fair you will still need to learn the methods and algorithms and "catches" of accounting to accurately write the program. A lot of people learn programming off of free sources like YouTube, GitHub, and Khan Academy.

I've considered programming but it'll be after accounting. I just spent too much time and money to not finish it at this point

I'm going back at 30 to finish an AS degree. Good luck to you.

Attached: 1461163310829.jpg (938x632, 167K)

What are you planning to study?

welp,seems to be like the gender studies degree man finally has woken up to reality

a college education isnt worth it.you'll just come out dumber and more liberal then you started

being a code monkey is such a dumb meme

t. zoomer who can't even work a calculator.

No jobs in accounting. Good luck driving ubers for the best 50 years

Attached: 153064058214831890.jpg (700x933, 78K)

Info sys. I have my A+ and going to get my Network+ in august but looking at all the job postings that say Associates required at minimum makes it difficult to just get an interview. So I'm going back to school for that and to face the failure of my past. I dropped out of a 4 year comp sci program in year 1 due to anxiety issues back in 2007. Two birds, one stone.

My mantra: what ever it takes.

/thread

It's a major that is being replaced by software (which tends to be better at it) rapidly. Accounting depts have shrunk exponentially in 20 years.

Fuck Net+ and A+, get Security+ and your flavor of CCN* Adn MCS*

That would Cisco and Microsoft certifications.

LoL, yet somehow the big 4 got bigger.....

security+ is next on the list. I did CCNA back in high school and was thinking of getting back to it. haven't looked into the microsoft stuff but thanks for the recommend.

Turned 30 and just finished my AS in engineering, I forgot how much fun school was in my 20's.

>Engineering
>Associates