How do I get over my fear of planes...

How do I get over my fear of planes? I’m going on a trip to Los Angelos soon and I’m excited but am nervous about the plane ride. I’m worried about the possibility of a crash.

Attached: 35665EA4-30CF-4417-8FA1-A811E8F82584.jpg (300x200, 11K)

*Los Angeles

You will die

Accept we will all be dead one day and that dying in a plane crash will at least be interesting and instantaneous. Also you are much more likely to die driving during your lifetime.

I don't save gore but plenty of people can start posting car crash gore to put things into perspective.

Watch Alive.

Just remember you're like a thousand times more likely to die in a car crash
Remember that every time you get on the road
Every time

I would be afraid of getting on a plane.
I just left a machine shop that manufactured critical parts for a variety of aircraft for some of the big companies. The amount of elderly people in the industry who have completely checked out is appalling. The workmanship is practically nonexistent. The company I worked for only cared about getting parts out the door so they could get paid. The number of times I saw parts for rework come back, and then leave without a final inspection was a real eye opener. These people do not care what happens to the parts that are shipped. For an ISO:9000 company, the established procedures were rarely followed, there were "engineers" on staff that never went to school for engineering, and the majority of employees there were barely qualified to be greeters at WalMart.
Food for thought. I'd take a roadtrip.

What's up FAA

Get a doc to write you a prescription for propranolol and a mild benzo like xanax or lorazepam. Taken them about an hour before the flight and you'll be good.

>going to los angeles

kek you are gonna get eaten by the wolves son

Start fapping to them.

Attached: a_new_means_of_flight_complete_by_wsache007-d4ur9cv.jpg (811x985, 136K)

Why don't we have more wrecks then?

It's only a matter of time.

Comparing driving to flying is a pretty skewed thing too. How many braindead 9 to 5 retards do you have to dodge on a daily basis compared to a skilled pilot who is being followed on radar?

Thousands of flights a day, year after year. Why don't we have daily crashes?

refer to

>walmart greeters
you had me google that
please tell me this some sort of freedum joke that my European brain cannot grasp

Fuck tons of bad drivers have to be watched closely by the good ones. I've had 4 people hit me in my life but haven't caused any myself. Most people are barely self aware. But if planes were really filled with defective parts we would see many more wrecks.

Why do you care that much? You’re gonna die one way or another and nothing (You) or anyone else will do will amount to anything in the grand scheme
This fucking reality is pointless and nothing matters
Stop being a fucking pussy and board that goddamn plane regardless what is going to happen

Easy, you’re not afraid air planes you’re afraid of crashing. Feel better? We’ll talk again next week

They employ people to stand at the entrance/exits to simply greet you when you walk in, and check your receipt and what you're actually walking out with.

Xanax is your friend

Scared of plane but not LA hahah, 95% more likely to get mugged/shot in that shithole city than die in a plane crash

I never said it was going to be an industry-wide complete failure at every level. I'm just saying, I saw what I saw, and it's made me reconsider flying on certain brands of planes. That's all.

87000 flights daily
Person claims most parts are defective
Last fatal crash was a decade ago

gtfo degenerate

1. play the numbers in your head. You have a better chance of hitting the slots jackpot on a cruise ship than your plane going down.
2. watch the crew. even during turbulence they rarely bat an eye. if they aren't worried, you shouldn't be.
3. complete denial. you aren't on a plane, you are in a cramped, noisy waiting room. when the doors open, you're where you need to be.

good luck

Dipshit. I'm talking specifically about one machine shop among I'm sure thousands in the US. Learn to comprehend what you read.

just make sure you stay in comptom/inglewood.. those are the safest neighborhoods. Dont go anywhere near the beaches, those parts are dangerous as fuck, basically controlled by the cartels with lots of heroin and meth addicts.

I live off crenshaw so I'm safe dog, fuck the beach man.. especially malibu. It's like helmand province out there

i live in redondo beach....cant even leave the house with out a bullet proof vest and a 9mm pistol just to go up to the 711

Attached: o_O.webm (640x358, 768K)

I had my first flight a couple of weeks ago. I was very nervous myself so here's what I can advise.

Statistically speaking, flying is probably one of the least dangerous things you will do that day. You're far more likely to die in a car or bus crash than a plane crash. You don't worry everytime you get in a car because that's something you do every day vs getting on a plane which is new.

Also airplanes get fully inspected each time before they take off or else they're grounded. This is like if you had the dealership fully inspect your vehicle each time before you started it.

Turbulence is not nearly as big of a deal as it looks like in the movies. It honestly just feels like driving down a bumpy road. The rest of the time it feels like you're sitting motionless. Takeoff feels like riding in the fastest car you've ever been and is actually kind of fun, coming from someone who absolutely hates roller coasters. Also I get motion sickness very easily and was totally fine on the plane.

Take some ginger capsules for naseau and valerian root for anxiety. They actually help, are super cheap, and won't make you drowsy if you take the right amount.

All in all, you'll feel better once you've had that first flight and after that youve opened up a whole new level of travel. Good luck and have fun.

I did not need to see that

t. airplane enthusiast

Lorazepam 2mg.

sounds like where i work, we don't make any aerospace stuff, but procedures and employees are kind of a joke.

I’ve been flying since I was a kid, it’s honestly nothing.