Going to have another LAN party in a few weeks. would you guys go to a LAN party if invited...

Going to have another LAN party in a few weeks. would you guys go to a LAN party if invited? or are they too cringe for you guys?

Attached: FRFQLAIIFOBH44Z.LARGE.jpg (800x533, 66K)

Depends on the game and people, but generally I would

me and my friends were thinking mostly G mod, CSGO and league

>Lan parties
Wasn't that 20 years ago?

so i am guessing that would be a no then?

If the people are cool, there's drinks, snacks and hella bitches I would go

almost always, but im in the 416 so its probably not near you

lmao we could not beg a female to go. but we got tons of g fuel

LAN parties are fucking wild. I used to have them all time time when I was in HS before I became a germaphobe.

Depends on the game but prolly

ye we are in metro detroit

how would that change anything?

nah it's fun. there's a certain nostalgia that's missing, but it's just as cool because now that we're older there is weed and alcohol involved lol. i swear i've thought about twitch streaming our LAN parties. people starting fires, punching holes in walls.. good times.

damn well have fun lad, I still have my US citizenship but i'm not willing to drive.

idk what it is. im guessing its like multiplayer games together

Shouldn't you still be asleep?

ppl bring consoles and PCS mostly PCs over to someones house and just game together

thx bro

your welcome bud.

Attached: 1560917036829.jpg (2048x1152, 337K)

Fuck no. LAN parties are for faggots.

did you spend betabux on gfuel?

there is always that one guy :/

i dont think you know what betabux are

aw man :(

I used to go to school with my 360, Halo 2, a router and a data cable and head to by friends place and head to by best friends place and invite as many people as possible over.

Fuck me I miss those days man.

i used to play reach alot but 2 was before my time

I would love to tbh. I dont care how weird all the people probably are, Im pretty good at dealing with anyone. My only concern is them being very competative, which i am not

I did lan parties like 20 years ago. back then, Counterstrike was a free mod for Halflife.

since then, all those guys fucked off onto their own lives and I've removed them from my buddy lists, they probably haven't even noticed, and I just don't game anymore.

:(

lmao you would be tested

LAN party is one step above LARPing.

I went to a few LANs back then. CSS, UT2k4, W3, etc.

Was always a blast, so I definitely would go. But fast internet basically nullified the need for LANs for most people

what the hell is with everyone saying LARP

t.cringe

Which can also be fun if you're into it

I never got why Yea Forumstards of all people look down upon people with non-mainstream hobbies

Will there be booze? Drinking always spices these things up

im 16 XD

MODDDSSSSSS

Of course. I did LAN parties like 20 years ago. Great times.

well, later with a different set of friends, we'd have Halo/Halo2 parties at my place. I had a stack of modded xboxes so each person had their own screen or only had to share with one other person. tripped a breaker one time.

but since then, most of those guys fucked off onto their own lives and I've never heard from them since.

no plz im turning 17 in august

Some things should be left behind with childhood.

This shit is fire.

we had 12 PCs last time had to turn off the AC unit in the bacement bc we were scare we would trip it XD

sadface.jpg

>LARP? You mean adults pretending to be wizards lmao

is the same as

>Videogames? You mean pressing buttons to see colours on a screen change lmao
>Movies? You mean watching colours on a screen change without doing anything at all lmao
>Football? You mean running around chasing a ball lmao
>Going to a concert? You mean standing around listening to music way too loud lmao

Anything sounds dumb if you deconstruct it enough

BIG BRAIN

Honestly why though? Doesn't hurt anyone and it's a hell of a lot less degenerate than getting shitfaced every weekend

>Anything sounds dumb if you deconstruct it enough
quads speak truth

>and I just don't game anymore.
This. I'd go in a heartbeat for diablo 2 but honestly I'd rather just boardgames and not have to disconnect my PC

yea let people have fun

Lan parties? Man it sounds like halo combat evolved all over again, good fucking times man thanks for nostalgia

Still... Me and my friends used to turn super smash Bros melee, Mario party 6 and Mario kart double dash into drinking games at your age. Good times.

sounds cool ig but we dont want any of us to be busted so we can do it again

>Super Smash Bros. Melee - Liver Failure Edition

>Play endless mode
>Every time you get a KO, take a shot
>Every tine you get KOd, take a shot
>SD means taking two shots

So is playing with Barbies. Do you date girls who play with Barbies?

No, my gf was never into dolls, but we're both into TTRPGs.

>ITT: The revelation that other people enjoy different things than me

I'm confused. People still own desktop PCs? And carry their PCs to a covert location to play PC games on a LAN? I thought this fad died 15 years ago. Is Quake 2 still popular?

Super smashed Bros was always a blast but that wasn't the most ridiculous drinking game we'd do. For Mario kart drunken dash we'd play that you couldn't pass the finish line until your drink was finished off so you'd have to drink while driving or hey to the finish line and chug the whole thing. Whoever did the worst per race had to take a shot. Random course each time and after a while we'd set it to mirror mode to make it even more complicated.

um yes?

>Going to have another LAN party in a few weeks. would you guys go to a LAN party if invited? or are they too cringe for you guys?

Recently had a 9man Lan party playing civ6 FFA, took 3 days to finish the game. I lost within the first 5 hours but all played nice so I got to keep one little city so I could keep playing. Was basically just press end turn for the nex 48 hours for me. Only fun I got to do was to send out my only spy to look what ppl where doing.

Is there a reason why these would be necessary now? Do you have shitty internet or something? Or is it the social aspect?

Bring speakers

>bitches
>LAN party
lol wut

yeah, a lot of it was that everybody was on dialup, so we'd all get together and game and chat in person while gaming, share files, drink. there was a bit of a social aspect to it. usually a big sleep-over with everybody all crashed out on couches and the floor and stuff. whoever's place it was, sometimes the mom would make breakfast for everyone. it was great.

now we're all adults with good internet, or even kids these days have good enough internet to just chat on discord or whatever while playing on steam or some shit. they will never know the joy and pain of plugging their computer into someone else's house, fussing for hours over network connections, and playing "loser has to show his dick"

never pc gamed hardcore was always a consolefag and also im only 22
but me and my buddies have been doing so many marioparty 7 sessions on the old gamecube
it gets so competitive
its more fun as ~adults~

Attached: 198589-mario-party-7-gamecube-screenshot-rolling-the-dice-block.png (640x480, 447K)

Someone could show up sick. Happened several times. It's irrational but controls me so hence used to.

I was with you until that last part. We would put movies on in the background on the big TV. Or someone would be playing GTA III, and you would call dibs on next, and just pass the controller around on each wasted or busted screen.