.22 short HP rounds are fine for home defense

.22 short HP rounds are fine for home defense

Attached: 2-ra22anb_1.jpg (550x550, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4KHCuXN2F3I
discord
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

but i may want to shoot an intruder through a door or wall.

I'm low class (obviously), my shits all drywall

I'd still use my 40 first but it's fun to plink with.

Attached: 15608836178302818323953505984248.jpg (3264x1632, 1.29M)

For sure. Almost any other caliber is better, but a small woman can still fuck up a large man with a couple shots. Still a strong power swing

Don't .22 rounds ricochet around in a body once the penetrate? The best gun is the one you have with you. It's going to hurt and the attack is going to rethink whether or not they want what you have.

No it's not.

shorts won't cycle that pistol. you would need a revolver

Even .380 acp is too small. Use 9mm or higher caliber for home defense. 9mm is perfect cause it’s cheap and has hot loads for home defense and it’s cheaper to train with.

Not gonna lie I just googled 22 pistol. Good point

I have a 9mm s&w. I only ever shoot a 22 with my friends but they fuck up some melons and shit. Not saying other stuff isn't better, just saying I'd pick a 22 over a baseball r

No they are not. Rimfire is shit for reliability. I guess it's better than throwing rocks but I would get something better for HD.

I’ll stick with 9mm +p

Attached: 897D5D10-379D-44AA-83C9-0FD755B9AC96.jpg (2713x3062, 1.61M)

Mag dump on a motherfucker

>reload

Mag dump again

I actually have this exact model for the home, and a 38 special for my EDC. Two things surprised me about the .22 pheonix arms.

1. It was less than $100 at a pawn shop. It was dirty and didn't look great but thought eh, wtf, could be fun. Cleaned it up and bought 200 rounds to try it out.

2. Great to shoot, accurate, and through 200 rounds not a single misfire. My 38 would start misfiring after 80 rounds.

I recommend this gun to anyone who wants to get a handgun. Super impressed with it.

In all honesty, a really fast thrower with a good sized rock might kill someone with a single throw. OP here....rimfires not that baaaad

I love my 45, but yes 9mm is the way to go for said reasons

I have that pictured gun.
Shorts won't even fit the magazine and anything other than regular "22lr" loads will eventually crack the slide. I've shot hollow point vermin high velocity out of mine twice but just out of curiosity. The short barrel can't even benefit from the stronger load. End of the day I'd still use it for defense if that is the only choice. 22s kill just fine. Won't stop someone dead in their tracks but not even other rounds will without shot placement.

I just googled it and how in the universe we inhabit is a 9mm cheaper than a .22? This defies all logic to me.

That cracks me up to hear. I saw some video on YT about hi-points also being very reliable despite being hated by gun guys. Got one and can't disagree so far. Just can't use steel casings reliably

No. Stop perpetuating this meme, smooth brain. They behave like any other bullet. Do you know how much energy it would take to make a bulley change directions rapidly like that? Ill give you a hint: Its a fuckton.

9mm does that in the thicker skulls of men tho right?

IDK but I love it

It's crazy because I've heard the same from friends about Hipoint, but phoenix arms seems to be pretty decent. I don't trust it enough to be my EDC though.

>small fast(ish) moving .22 hits bone
>bone stronger than puny .22
>what happens next?

Attached: 79735A2C-632E-444B-8547-8BC4960E1066.jpg (235x232, 10K)

I guess you would, talk about more bang for your buck.

What I really want is a 45 70 government rifle, mostly because they look badass and fun to shoot, but I don't know much about rifles and would like to have something to hunt with eventually.

youtu.be/4KHCuXN2F3I
Circular pool table reference

Any gun firing blanks would be fine for 99.5% of any home intrusion.
Somebody breaking in hears a gunshot they will fucking run unless you happen to have the worlds largest cubic zirconia on your coffee table and a professional is after it.

If the bad guys can buy or steal them, I'd like to be able to afford them too

I don’t come to Yea Forums to watch jewtube videos.

>home defense
>implying if i am gonna go into your house I'm not gonna just run up and buckshot your ass before you even know what hit you

law of supply and demand

Why a 45-70? Do you just want a lever action rifle? If so, go with a handgun caliber. 44mag or .357 mag. You can still hunt with either round and they hold more rounds. 45-70 is not fun to shoot, it also has poor trajectory. About the only thing I would want a 45-70 for is an anti bear or predator gun.

I didn't even think of that

Go for big game lol

Implying I won't hear you or my dog won't bark before I grab my gun right next to me and have it aimed at your face before you know where to find me

Makes sense I guess, law enforcement needs a steady supply so it’s not like they’ll even have a surplus problem.

Are robbers in murrica really so retarded that they break in when the owners are at home?
Holy shit, fix your education system.

Attached: 1545152182851s.jpg (250x225, 8K)

If only dogs had opposable thumbs, we could teach them to shoot first and bark after.

its also the gun of choice for gang bangers

Don't worry the gays didn't censor it

>fix blacks

Let us know when you have the answer. And yes they kill the occupants sometimes.

My dog is actually smart enough to do that, but he'll just bark kindly and convince you to leave with love.

Your not wrong. Any weapon is better for the home defender than no weapon. I know this is just a big troll attempt, but to be honest, I would worry about a person shooting at me with a 22, more than someone shooting at me with a 44. Te reason is cost of practice shooting. Winning in a shooting is do to shot placement, period. A 22 owner can practice three times more than a 44 owner can for the same abount of money.

Yeah they're usually fiending for pills that were prescribed to them because they saw it in a commercial once

The troll is half hearted. Mostly trolling guys who underestimate 22s. You get it. Another good point in favor of .22s

based and epic discord join now

discord
.gg/Txu5pZs

q3

Attached: SmV261Z.jpg (1000x1000, 149K)

Basically, credit goes to Hi Point. Guns cost too much, they're a high-profit for a variety of reasons that'd take a while to really lay out, but it all boils down to "dedicated buyers will pay whatever we ask, casual buyers would only ever buy the one if we charged 'what they cost to make+small% profit', it's more lucrative to continually wring out gun enthusiasts than to try to price our merchandise to appeal to everyone".

Hi Point said "Fuck that, here's the cheapest, reliable gun we can offer, we're gonna make them on a massive scale and use the same molds and mills we invested in for years, and keep our prices low." And their guns faced a lot of criticism and pushback, there were a lot of memes and rumors about how bad they are, but they persevered and eventually the buying public took notice and warmed up to them. And the other manufacturers took notice, and had to start making budget guns to capture some of that market.

The reason you can get a Walther Creed or Ruger Security 9 for less than a .22, is that the Creed or Security 9 would cost $400+ if Hi Point wasn't trailing their ass with that CS9. Hi Point doesn't make a .22, so Heritage Arms doesn't have to compete with them on price.

I feel like you're a gun broker

I havent gone shooting in forever, but I remember 15 years ago it cost me $130 TO $200 to go out to the shooting range for my HK40 and revolvers. You have range rental, safety rental, extra ammo, ehich was pricy even back then. But 22 ammo was shit cheap. $50 of 22 LR would give you enough to shoot all dam day. I was lucky if I could get in 2 hrs before I was broke and heading home.

Bone breaks, bullet fragments. Brother was shot with a .22 LR in the leg and no bouncing ever happens. It never has and never will

Where I live they only break in during the day, when everybody is working. They get in quick, take everything worth taking and move on. Optimizing their gains and minimizing risk (of getting incarcerated for murder or battery or whatever).

Well, maybe not Heritage Arms in specific, their Rough Rider .22 can go for way less than $200 unless it's a limited edition or commemorative model. But Ruger, Browning, Smith and Wesson, they can get away with $300 .22 semi-autos solely because Hi Point isn't breathing down their neck with a $60 .22 pistol.

Hell $50 can get you far these days if you buy in bulk. Just gotta plan way far ahead I guess. I gotta stock up on ammo before those prices skyrocket like medicine has

Do you know the story behind Hi-Point? The founder was pissed off that poor people could only afford shit like Jennings Arma and other crap guns that wouldnt fire half the time, so he decided to make a gun that a fast food employee could afford, and be a gun that jammed just as infrequently as name brand guns. His gun was bulky, ugly as sin, heavy as shit, but when you fire it, it will shoot. He made the first reliable, affordable gun.

jealous. that's a great firearm

I killed an elephant with a 22 short. Plenty to stop a man.

If youre about 10 feet away and have a VERY steady hand under life and death pressure.

A .22 can travel under the skin if youre grzaed whereas a higher caliber will merely rip through - thats where it comes from... A bullet hitting bone, weaker one will break down - Inertia...

Aye, I've seen the products of the pre-Hi Point days, the Haskell, Stallard, and Maverick/Iberia pistols. Crazy that the lead-chucking Zamac bricks we all know and love are refinements of something even uglier. But, here we are, with our lads at Hi Point about to release a new 9mm with double stack mags.

Incidentally, the name of their new gun is going to be decided by vote, and we all of us must join together to make sure PS-9 "Problem Solver" wins the contest. The other options like Yeet Canon are just retarded. It must be the Problem Solver.

Attached: wm_2889249.jpg (2580x1932, 554K)

Also true .22 fragments and will bounce in the skull - after hitting the opposite side nd shattering.

i like how you can attach a bayonet to this pistol

lead doesn't bounce, for one.
that shit about .22 is a myth, they barely have the power to go through your forehead, and dead-on they will fragment and disperse their energy in the bone and brain matter before they ever hit the back of the skull. The target is dead or incapacitated regardless.

What's an untrue .22?
Is a .223 an untrue .22?

Excellent shot placement is the most vital attribute

For the guy who likes to whittle a neat craft in-between murders