Give me one good reason to have kids...

Give me one good reason to have kids. You're literally just creating a ton of work for yourself and making a huge financial commitment for 2 decades.

Lots of people say "passing on my genes" or whatever, but I don't really see the point. There's somewhere between 7 and 8 billion people on the planet, my genes aren't that special in the grand scheme of things.

Attached: pn4m8m5o56131.jpg (576x1024, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25131282
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There are no moral reasons to have children, only selfish/immoral reasons

>>my genes aren't that special in the grand scheme of things.

So, that's it? Millions of years of evolution. From the forst creatures to pull themselves from the primordial ooze right up to your grandparents and parents to make the specific set of traits that os your genetic history and you're like 'Meh my genes are anything special'.

I guess that's it, might as well just kiss off the idea that all that work had any meaning. Just pack it in and call it a day. The human race was ok for a while but way too much trouble to keep working on.

>my genes aren't that special in the grand scheme of things.

Then kill yourself

What's the point of anything if you aren't willing to participate in furthering your species?

So everyone is a special snowflake with the obligation to reproduce because of their specialness? Give me a break.

There are ways to participate in society other than shitting out a kid.

Attached: 1553750350814.jpg (552x510, 249K)

No super good reason to have kids right now. We have a massive war to fight in the next few years and kids can't help with that. The younger ones can pick up the pieces once we delete 90% of humanity and start over. Hopefully punishing greed, over all other things.

>>So everyone is a special snowflake...
As a matter of fact, yes. Life has obligations, they aren't written down and you didn't agree to them but they exist. Things like; dont kill yourself, don't waste resources, reeproduce.

a man of ambition wants his legacy or his name to become something. so you pass your blood on to your kids.

that's just a retarded basis to begin the argument for/against having kids. yeah, it is a huge commitment, the financial part is the easiest bit, raising wholesome, confident, educated kids without losing your mind is the hard part. your'e going to protect them from harm and they will hate you. you will work extra hours to send them to college and they will fail their classes. they will test every ounce of patience you have. they will ask for more and more and more and do less and less. but you will always love them because they are yours, and that is something special.

Attached: 1560631447374.jpg (753x751, 60K)

>don't waste stuff
>reproduce
If I don't reproduce then I can waste as much as I please and still not create as much environmental damage as I would if I had a kid.

I am ambitious. But I won't have time to pursue my ambitions if I'm stuck taking care of some brat. Having kids seems like an excuse for people with no ability to accomplish anything feel good about themselves.

Attached: 1557635890683.png (520x632, 278K)

Its pretty fun.

'Having kids seems like an excuse for people with no ability to accomplish anything feel good about themselves.'
>implying personal accomplishment and ambition
>replying with anime

Attached: Screen Shot 2017-12-29 at 7.24.20 pm.png (658x686, 506K)

thats looks so masochist

that's what love is dipshit. do you clean up your dogs shit? do you clean the birbs cage? same reason you slave for our pets is why we are willing to slave for our children. love is a hell of a ride, but loving your own a ride you never get off.

In this day and age, people only have kids because they are selfish. Automation is slowly taking over jobs. Kids of tomorrow will be jobless, homeless etc. All just so faggots can say that they have fulfilled their "responsibility"

Attached: 28bee5e03711487d5f95dbcf6c696f71593b2eb02e76f1ee52191003adf49daf.jpg (255x173, 8K)

Point proven. You immediately disparage the concept of personal accomplishments, and imply having kids is something greater, but its something so easy that literally every mammal does it. People do it by accident. Its not some amazing accomplishment that some people act like it is.

Attached: 0ed41f0175bef4e590671ebba49a0738009e23b4abb3eb0b08ab5cfd62120428.jpg (443x602, 69K)

Eventually, you're going to realize that a horrifyingly sizeable portion of your life is completely gone and forever has become much, much shorter than you ever imagined it'd be. Your accomplishments will seem smaller and the things you once worried about will seem dumber. By the time you reach the age where you'll understand all this on a more than superficial level and start really wishing you had children and grandchildren to concern yourself with for the rest of your life, you'll be 10+ years behind and everything will be much harder to pull off. It'll be harder to find a suitable partner that isn't already taken. It'll be harder to have the energy to keep up with what kids you have. Instead, you'll just be left with this nihilistic, hedonistic shell of a life that seemed gratifying when you were 25 and will quickly lose all meaning. If you don't intend on shooting yourself at 40, having children is the single greatest investment you can make. You are thinking about this completely wrong. You will be happier, your life will feel more meaningful, and your perspective on the future will change completely. I'd honestly prefer most people not have kids simply on account of how retarded most people are, but as far as personal satisfaction goes, "but it hard n expensive tho" is a delusional argument.

Attached: A E S T H E T I C.png (740x899, 878K)

I never said having or not having kids is an accomplishment, but why are you so dismissive of people who do want to have children? Ever heard of fulfilment or love? It comes down to whether you like kids or not, and it seems like you're just some bitter weeb, so its probably best that you don't father kids regardless

Attached: Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 1.04.32 am.png (492x564, 396K)

>my genes aren't that special in the grand scheme of things.
You sound white.

Attached: 22.jpg (350x450, 32K)

if you are in the united states it will probably be 3 decades

Sam Hyde doesn't have kids buddy

yeah, I know
should have stated image unrelated

Love is cool. Just don't see how having kids is fulfilling. If I'm going to spend half my waking hours on a job, spending the other half with a partner or doing hobbies is much more preferable than creating another person because I had nothing better to do.

Attached: anyr11ir2r131.png (1600x893, 700K)

I have 2 kids because it just 'the thing you're meant to do'

I love them but I honestly wish I'd done things differently sometimes.

I think some of you younger conversative types don't realise the sacrifice that goes into having kids.Your relationship gets strained, you lose most of your social life, no real time for hobbies or passions, money becomes a huge issue....

I'm not saying don't have kids but you honestly have to think about what you really want from life. If you have them just for the sake of it you could end up miserable very easily

Why is spending time with your partner fulfilling if you have to compromise with them? Why are your hobbies fulfilling if they require you to work so you can afford them? You are being willfully dense about this.

>Why are your hobbies fulfilling if they require you to work so you can afford them?

what? Are you saying worthwhile hobbies can't be expensive?

sure, it may not be fulfilling for you personally, but for some people having kids is the ultimate fulfilment, which can't really be described until you experience it yourself. I have a friend from university that had 2 daughters about 3 years ago. He used to be pretty bad with drugs but he said to me how playing with them felt like he was high on happiness as gay as that sounds. Also user, you can have a successful career and also have children.

I got no issues with people having kids. But then they try to shame and guilt trip me into relationships and having kids and it pisses the fuck out of me.
People really need to learn to mind their own business.

Attached: 8b1d663a07728957a4bae435c61515a700a98f0fe732c3cfd393b0ba8b316e8d.jpg (255x152, 16K)

If your hobby is causing stress for whatever reason you can take a break and do something else. If you want some alone time away from your partner that's possible too. Kids are more like a second job that doesn't earn you money. You can't just put the kid down when it becomes overwhelming or stressful.

If you wanna have kids that's completely fine, but I always get shit from family members and friends for not wanting them. I'm addressing people who say things that imply having kids is some sort of obligation.

Attached: I5KOF7mh.jpg (1024x576, 91K)

>I honestly wish I'd done things differently
Everyone does. What else is there to regret?
>younger
>conservative
Both wrong. Though I think it's pretty fucking revolting that refusing to have kids out of some bullshit sense of social obligation is something associated with modern liberalism now.
>Your relationship gets strained, you lose most of your social life, no real time for hobbies or passions
Graduating high school does the same thing, too. And getting a real career. And getting married. That's life. Your lists get more refined over time.
>money becomes a huge issue
That depends.
>You honestly have to think about what you really want from life
People are pretty fucking terrible at that. It's like asking a kid what they want for dinner. If it was up to them, it'd be chicken nuggets and chocolate ice cream every single day. Sorry if kids were the wrong choice for you at the time, but everybody already gets the magnitude of the decision. That's why so many people fear it.

Not financial difficulty if you sell their bodies ,live the dream and become a pimp

Attached: 3bdh6c0g80331.gif (513x286, 189K)

You’re totally correct, OP. Unless you really like kids, there is no reason to have one.

There is no inherent meaning in your genes.

You could try just enjoying life for what it is. No need to poop out a bunch of redundant babies.

Success in nature is defined by the ability to produce and raise offspring to adulthood.

If you cannot do this most simple act of nature. You are a failure. I mean fuck even rapists are more successful.

I think you misread the intent of the post.

You are a fucking retard with no concept of science.

No one is obliged to follow any of those directives.

Have you ever even taken a shit? You are so retarded that every aspect of being a normal human is called into question.

Who cares? When you’re dead, you won’t be around to enjoy this so-called legacy. It is literally meaningless.

"waaah ur a weeb"

Cry harder pussy

Nah. Most of the older folks that I know who had kids pretty much say that it wasn’t all that great.

Appeal to nature is a logical fallacy. Get a better argument.

Nope. There is no magical scoreboard for this stuff. Have kids, don’t have kids. It doesn’t matter. We’re all just dust in the end.

Cringe Weeb Anime! xD

If your genetic code is so worthless, let it be a dead end. All the mass produced shits coming out of China and India will overflow the rest of the world soon enough anyways.

I agree op. please dont have kids.

Sorry. There is just no inherent meaning to anything we do. That means there is no reason to burden yourself with useless children if you don’t like them.

Source for image please

Yup. Them and all of the Evangelical quiverfull creeps who poop out a dozen babies at a time.

Found it in a reaction images thread. Sorry.

Attached: vxs3nvuxfimz.jpg (377x362, 21K)

Because choosing not to have kids means your genetic code is worthless lmao, all those niggers having kids by accident are clearly the real winners. Sure they're deadbeats and leave the kids with another to be welfare kwane but "dey had kids n sheit".

If you actually thought you were worth a damn, you'd want to pass on what you have. You don't. So, you're literally worthless. Hard concept to grasp of just don't want to admit it to yourself?

If you thought you weren't worth a damn you would pump your seed into some slut and make sure she has lots of kids. Never mind having the money necessary for taking care of them, or having authority over said slut and kids. Never mind whether you even want to. "Just have kids cause I sed so or ur a loser durrrr" literally you right now.

>Not having money and authority

Keep on not breeding, the world will be better for it.

"I have authority! I have authority! I continue to scream as I wipe shit off a screaming kids ass at 3 in the morning."

Will it really? Keep telling yourself that as poor retards continue to fuck like rabbits and pop out kids as we speak. Never mind them being poor and retarded tho "cuz at least dey had kidz".

Attached: idiocracy.png (729x520, 70K)

Have kids, raise them right, help them become successful, live off their success

Attached: 15A77C17-14DC-44F7-B85B-9E8A9599AD9A.jpg (714x491, 127K)

"ur wrong cuz dis picture says so"

Attached: 5024414445.jpg (499x376, 29K)

This guy gets high off his own ass gas

epic newspaper comic, got any Garfield?

>if I attack the fact that its an image I don't have to address the point its making

See

Explain how someone who recklessly has sex and kids without having the resources to take care of them (or even wanting them) are "just as wrong" as someone choosing not to have kids.

That's not the point its making. The point is that people act like this is a new problem that's destroying society, when it's pretty much been a thing forever. Yeah it would be cool if people were more responsible and if birth control and sex ed was more available, but society isn't going to fall apart because of this.

>implying that anything this faggot said is actually correct
>implying that average education rising is synonymous with intelligent, well-adjusted people
>implying that you can smugly dismiss all downward trends as "obvious" and make them any less bad
>implying that societal decline isn't a force that totally exists and has destroyed empires in very short periods of time
>implying that the author of this isn't a terminally smug faggot so privileged by the shelter or modern life that he compulsively rejects notions of decline as alarmist
I not only hate this insufferable comic, but this entire guy's self-righteous and entitled personality. He's got a faggotry rap sheet that's a mile long, and he's not even fucking right in the shitty comic you posted. Here's just one example:
>One-standard-deviation increase in childhood general intelligence (15 IQ points) decreases women's odds of parenthood by 21-25%. Because women have a greater impact on the average intelligence of future generations, the dysgenic fertility among women is predicted to lead to a decline in the average intelligence of the population in advanced industrial nations.
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25131282

Attached: autisAM.png (960x720, 381K)

Lmfao who the fuck said anything about this being new? It simply proves that if all you need to do to be considered a genetic success or a winner is fuck and pop out kids then that it's a retarded way to gauge success. "If you don't have kids ur a loser" Can't be true by itself if losers have kids all the time.