Depression is real; you are not going crazy

Depression is real; you are not going crazy.
Tell me how you feel, Yea Forumsros.

Me, I feel like I'm on a sailboat that has run out of wind; I want to go places, I want to do things, but there is no _energy_ to do it with.
What about you?

Attached: satori_bylgn6-Rainy_Exploration_of_the_Ceiriog_Valley__North_Wales._OC__1080_x_1333_-uvi3co24pc331.j (1080x1333, 329K)

I feel that a lot. I honestly am on anti depressants rn. They help alot with that feeling. Find the right one for u. And small steps user we have our whole life to work on our selves

You have to get off your ass and do something. stay away from booze and drugs

I feel bad. It’s either a bad feeling. Or it’s nothing. The worst part is I like the bad feeling better than the nothing.

I just feel retarded, y’know? Like a i realize how fucking stupid my situation is and that Im doing nothin moping around n shit, but I can’t do anythin bout it

Anti depressants were worse for me in the end user
Don’t let big pharma rape your ass homie

this based
though booze help gotta disagree with you there dawg

booze appears to help in the short term, but in the long run it makes it worse. Besides, booze is a DEPRESSANT.

Drug abuse makes it so much worse, not only from the direct effects, but also because it fucks with your antidepressants.

>2D anime girls will never hug me.
Why even bother?

I don’t use antidepressants and drink moderately

I’m alright man, in college n doing great, it’s all good

kill yourself

Correction:
>No girl outside of my immediate family will ever hug me.

Unfortunately, antidepressants are the best we have right now. But they were discovered in the 1950's and there hasn't been any major breakthrough since then... For all we know there may never be a better treatment, no matter how much research we do.

I'm considering it, trust me.

I can remember being depressed since age 14. I am now 42 and myy whole life has been a battle. Now most of the time I just feel numb. Like I just don’t give a fuck about anything. Like I don’t want to actively try to kill my self but at the same time don’t give a damn if a semi were to take me out on the highway. It’s sucks living this way.

>Anti depressants were worse for me in the end user

elaborate pls

Most serious mental illness doesn't manifest till your mid-20's. So watch out for that.

Personally, I always knew I was a little "off" in the head, but after getting two degrees and landing a good job, my condition took a nosedive that would make Boeing proud... Like psych ward bad within the space of a year.

>antidepressants are the best way to make money right now.
Ftfy
It's the most widely known method. Not the best. The best method isn't very profitable, so usually gets brushed under the rug.

Depression isn't some kind of defect it is a feature of societal evolution. In a successful society, the one thing you don't want is 100% of your population being happy and fucking like crazy. So procreation becomes less meaningful to people(meaning they don't get the same drive to have kids via endorphins) in more successful/rich societies. If you are depressed, it means you are someone who pretty much can't be happy with anything in a successful setting, and you'll seek out things that will kill you (opioids, alcohol, over eating etc.) so you both feel some kind of fulfillment in life but are taking yourself out of the population faster so other people can survive. So basically humans have an individual sense of survival, our species has a macro sense of survival as well. If you realize and internalize this, you will realize depression is just a feeling you can ignore, and through habit and discipline you can just use your free will to overcome it and the feeling just goes away.

Attached: 1559292022071.png (420x420, 63K)

Antidepressants, ironically, sometimes have a side effect of increased depression for some reason.

>depression is real
17% of americans are on psychiatric medication. depression as a mental illness is made up to sell drugs to people who are miserable because they are dumb and make a lot of mistakes.

>may cause suicidal thoughts in those who are not depressed
>may worsen depression
Anyone who's read the side-effects of these drugs should know. It's because pharmaceuticals don't know what the fuck they're doing, and just throwing shit a wall seeing what sticks.

Honestly this is the most made up and ignorant post I’ve ever read on Yea Forums in the past 6 years

While you're not wrong that it is used to sell drugs for profits, it is a real thing. Same thing with ADD/ADHD. Real thing, but over diagnosed for money.

hahahahahahaha
alright martin skrehli
They got me hooked and I couldn’t do shit without them. So many fucking dollars wasted on them. Therapy was the only thing that truly worked. Therapy > meds user, seriously
this
also this

what

interesting, do you have some sort of source on that theory

you’re retarded
yeah

user is the source

I feel like a big Christmas Santa and it's the 4th of July.

>They got me hooked and I couldn’t do shit without them. So many fucking dollars wasted on them. Therapy was the only thing that truly worked. Therapy > meds user, seriously

So they worked, but problem was getting off them?

psychiatry isn't a real science btw people don't ever ingest anything a psychiatrist tells you to, you're better off having your shakras aligned with crystal therapy. In hard sciences like geology/physics/biology whatever, about %50 of research papers are trying to prove/disprove other people's theories, meaning there is a high standard of findings being able to be reproduced. In psychiatry that number is like %1.7, which you can just fucking round to zero. Also almost %0 of papers are ever cited in another study. Would you take a pill from someone who would prescribe castration to a patient with a mental disorder which has a %40 suicide attempt rate? Anti depressants work about the same as random chance, either someone is ready to get better or they aren't, but psychiatrists have no idea what causes depression, just how to mask the results with dangerous drugs

That's the way it is for most people. Or I just know to many fucked up people but I doubt it

Ignorant? On Yea Forums? Impossible.

Anyone tried nofap for several months?
Heard it works wonders, tried it for several weeks and noticed a big difference, particularly in memory recall and general mood/energy. Lapsed however.

Attached: images (4).jpg (225x225, 13K)

No it just felt fake. I was dying inside yet on the outside I appeared well. It was as if someone put a bandaid on me, but the wound underneath would never heal. And also that bandaid happens to be a nicotine patch. It’s hard to explain. I felt much better when I finally tapered them off.

Feels like i am inside of a meat suit, like my body is just a flesh robot, i look at my hands and they don't feel like my own hands, i tried poking myself with sharp things but pain is just signals to the brain to warn about possible damage, why am i like this, how can i feel like i am in my body?

I'm the Lydia(Skyrim) of my own life.

Just put your shit on me and let me carry all of it.

Tried meds, they made me feel worse.
Trying therapy, its slow as fuck and feels like I'm going to open old wounds once a week.

Most nights I barely sleep, and even if I do I feel tired all day.

Feels like it's my duty to do for everyone, and give everyone what they want, but wanting things myself makes me a bad person. I felt bad for wanting my own dad to acknowledge my birthday.

I don't want much out of life. Some peace and quiet, some time to do the things I enjoy, harming no one, (next one will sound odd, so I do apologise for that), and to experience one prostate orgasm.

Been trying for 7 years with no luck. Always getting interrupted, always getting calls to help grandma with some bullshit, or do something for brother, etc.

I have all the time in the world, as long as I don't use any of it. Once I try to do something, everyone has something they would rather have me do.

He's sort of right. If you need a drug to survive you'll die out. Sometimes you just need to realize your problems and fix them instead of counting on a drug to fix them. And I get fucked up everyday to deal with my shit

how curious, I feel like the stranged part is my brain, attacking me all the time

I usually get a feeling like my soul is dying, it doesn't make me suicidal but it makes me feel like i should die

That's the way it is for a lot of people whether you realize it or not /bro/

can i please hear your explanation on why not only depression, but things like heart disease, alzheimers, homosexuality, or old age decay in general haven't been eradicated by natural selection? Societies who have people die instead of take massive resources while living 200 years have less of a chance of surviving that ones where people die younger. As for proof look at the birth rates in successful societies vs poor ones. Also why in the West, the most successful society history has ever known, do we still have depression/drug use/homelessness/murder? It is because some people simply won't find meaning no matter what unless they have conflict in their lives. Humans have never evolved for success, they have however found ways to deal with famine, disease, disasters, war, and one of those ways is by balancing out their populations by way of the balance of meaning being attached to procreation and contributing to society being in flux depending on the circumstances

Feel numb and “floaty”, however that could be related to all the weed I smoke

>Natural selection

Natural selection only works when nature is doing the selecting.

>Has heart disease
>Gets treated and goes on to have kids

>Has Alzheimers
>Already had kids

>Has the gay
>It came from one of his/her parents, which means its already in the family Gene line somewhere, and since it's not a 100% chance to have the gay, gay carriers have kids and grandkids that carry the gay

I'm not that dude, but trust me, natural selection is as active as ever

prehistoric societies had cures for heart disease? And what good is depression, why would we even have the capacity to get depressed? Evolution has gotten rid of things that have less impact on procreation than Alzheimer's or homosexuality.

That's easy. Because natural selection doesn't work that way.

Homosexuality is a form of kinship selection; it increases the survivability of nieces and nephews

Heart disease, alzheimers, and old age all occur WELL after someone has reproduced, so there is no selective pressure to remove them.

You need to take an evolution and ecology course.

Depression promotes skeptism and conservatism, that is, trying things that already worked before. This provides a normalizing force that is very important.

Untrue. We all need FOOD to survive, including vitamin C, which is a drug. You don't understand how drugs nor how humans work.

You are a human who has the ability to make choices. But you choose not to.

Psychology is part of STEM, it's a real science.
Psychiatry is a discipline of medicine.

Crystal therapy, however, is just bullshit.

Maybe try cold shower? I have a similar feeling time by time and it is help

Holy crap, I'm 26 and I'm stuck with Melancholia since I'm 12.
And I'm in a similar state, just waiting for the end.
Life is just absurd and boring.

There was an article recently critiquing psych experiments for being difficult to duplicate, and I think this is where a lot of the young people get hung up. The cult of Popper is real. Do you think it's more important to fulfil the credo of falsifiability, or to demonstrate application of the scientific method, while yielding results that result in a contribution to the greater good? You filthy Tau?

I'm just going to try to sleep

Psychology uses the worst scientific method with the lowest replication ratings in all of "STEM" as opposed to Neuroscience which uses the best scientific method with the highest replication ratings.

From brain scans they have indeed proved without question that things like ADHD/PTSD/Depression are real and can be measured in the brain.

Psychology is more of an Art and shouldn't be considered STEM.

Attached: le pen 1.jpg (1280x925, 230K)

Psychology is a perfectly reasonable field with a lot of good studies and evidence of effects that is unfortunately drowning under an ocean of self-interested parties funding first-party research. Psychology needs advanced registered hypotheses and criteria going forward and a massive effort at removing a lot of crap from the literature, but the fact that the field does exist and that investigative approach is a valid one. Also make the confidence interval smaller and report it as a damn interval not a p-value.