How long does it usually take for the FBI to get a search warrant or an arrest warrant?

How long does it usually take for the FBI to get a search warrant or an arrest warrant?

Attached: mi-go_monsterbrains-blogspot-com.jpg (380x468, 136K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=DYKMJ4WXE90
youtu.be/YCGkopzZ_WM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

depends on how important/time sensitive it is

About a day or two depends on weekends

Let's assume that they believed I was holding documents related to a missing person that may have fatally poisoned someone almost a week ago.

Quite specific user, mind telling why you killed them

1/10 reading comprehension. OP clearly stated the missaing person was the poisoner, & they have dox on them

probably a day or two since that isn't an urgent matter also if you didn't do anything wrong and you don't care about the person just give them the documents

I didn't kill anyone. I'm just wondering how long the FBI might take to get a warrant from the time they order it to the time they receive it if they're looking for people that might know a murder suspect that disappeared.

depends, are you hiding weapons of mass destruction

m.youtube.com/watch?v=DYKMJ4WXE90

Depends on what it’s for. If it’s some serious shit, then they will get it almost immediately.

Instead of asking "when" why not just get rid of the documents?

Let's say that theoretically they got the case classified as a bioterrorism case because of the nature of the poisoning. Does that expedite all warrants, or only those that relate to the killer directly?

They would get warrants much faster in that case because of panic

I'm going to go out on a limb and say ricin? Probably the simplest to make of anything that can be classified "bioterrorism". I'm going to doubt anyone who browses these threads has the capability to produce something more complex than that.

Also I'm pretty sure that gets you insta-vanned.

yeah it would expedite it, depends on which state exactly though and what kind of other things are going on at the time, but i'd give you 24 hours before someone knocks on your door

State is Montana, but does this still apply if I only knew the suspect? There's no evidence of me doing anything illegal.

What about warrants on private companies that the suspect worked for? Would those still be expedited, or are employers harder to get warrants for?

I think you should put down the weed and try to stay sober for a while.

Not to mention if there was anyone monitoring you at all, it would be of trivial difficulty to go "Hey, this dumb shit posted on Yea Forums exactly the case we were following him for!"

And they'll print it out and be like "so...umm...why'd ya post this?"

So I can only conclude they're not going to bother with you.

oh montana? you're good mate, probably even up to 3 days before they get the warrant placed, and then 3 or 4 more before they have a team willing to make the trek up there

Well, that's good to hear

I mean, there are 10 FBI offices here. Wouldn't that be the group to investigate that sort of thing?

Probably not, they'd still have to send it all the way to Birmingham for approval

Alright, good. Thanks man.

this thread is nonsense. if FBI has you in their sights, escape is basically impossible, unless you are very smart & very, very lucky. based on the fact that you are (purportedly) posting on Yea Forums asking for advice on how to evade the, you are (at least) not the former.

I'm not trying to evade the FBI. I'm just trying to determine how much time I would have to prepare.

Attached: 1557970597490.gif (205x234, 93K)

Because that lands you in prison.

preparation is irrelevant. if they have you, they have you. look at the conviction rate in federal court (where you would be tried). > 90%. if you did something wrong, they will find the thread you forgot to cut and pull it until everything unravels.

Yes but what if I didn't do anything illegal?

faster, now

youtu.be/YCGkopzZ_WM

If it was urgent and working hours, about 45 minutes. If they have to wake people up, maybe 2 hours if it's urgent. If it's tax related, 6-8 months.

Then they confiscate your computer and plant evidence.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't plant evidence. They have nothing to gain.

Sometimes they just get it after and say they had it. Its not like the FBI knocks down your door pointing 10 AR rifles at your head and youre gonna be asking for a warrant.

That fast.

-7/10 for reading comprehension.

That user was clearly communicating that he did not buy the story, or at least OP's lack of culpability.

For terrorism they might not need it depending on the evidence already collected and the demonstrable need for expediency. Thanks, patriot act.

Right, it's not like it's their job to find criminals and arrest them all the while being evaluated on how effective they are in making arrests.

hey op, here's how you phrase the question next time
>I'm writing a novel and researching a scene I think Yea Forums might have experience with: would I need lube if the 12 year old boy I'm fucking already shit himself?

this
OP you better take some deep breaths of that fresh air outside because in a week you won't be able to anymore

That's not good then

Yes, but wouldn't it benefit them to be honest and not plant evidence? Framing me for a crime I didn't commit seems like it would be more effort than just finding the actual suspect.