I pirated this game and I'm not really understanding it at all. I played as a dark elf my first playthrough...

I pirated this game and I'm not really understanding it at all. I played as a dark elf my first playthrough, half spells half encharting my weapons and what not. But I'm really looking to play as a pure sorc my second playthrough, preferably with max difficulty. Any advice? Also how do I avoid the ridiculous level scaling?

And on that note, any general thoughts on this game? Anyone like or hate the game is welcome

Attached: The-Elder-Scrolls-4-Oblivion-Free-Download-6.jpg (1920x1080, 616K)

shit gets harder the higher level you get but it's still a fun game. join the dark brother hood or become a thief. they have the best missions. once you get the dadreic weapons and armor you become much harder to kill.

Can't be played with a controller on PC. Everything says I need to fuck with .ini files but I'm basically a computer retarded so I'm out of luck.

just fork out the $20 for rewasd. it's worth it.

Pirating oblivion... how poor can you be.
Fucking kill your self nigger

>pure sorc
i've always wanted to do that but never had the time. i always got lured into melee combat because in both oblivion and skyrim you tend to need to fight a few missions melee before you learn any significant magic. mage definitely improved in skyrim though. much better spells.

Oblivion was fucking terrible. It's the most generic game world in any Elder Scrolls game, it's missing the most lore-based content of any game in the series (seriously? No lycanthropy?), the Ayleids suck, every fucking dungeon is copy/pasted from the exact same template and set of rooms, and worst of all, the leveled enemy/loot progression of the game is fucking ABSURD.

Bethesda really crapped the bed with this shit biscuit. Avoid at all costs.

Get the OOO patch from TEXnexus
Oscuros Oblivion Overhaul

were wolf is overrated. as soon as you turn you get ganged up on by the whole town your in. it's really useful for clearing dungeons.

My advice? Buy the fucking game you poor cunt.

>inb4 "fuck de Messah Todd Howard", your lack of purchase isn't proving a point, you're just gay.

Attached: Sal.jpg (287x285, 16K)

No shit, dumbass, that's the way it's always been. You're an abomination in the eyes of every other sapient race in Tamriel, but you got massive combat boosts with your brand new form. Earlier games made managing it with the actual stages of the moons a fun challenge to balance it out, and later games nerfed the power a bit but made the power easier to use and manage.

Oblivion didn't do any of that, because it just flat out doesn't HAVE lycanthropy, because it sucks. It's missing a shitload of lore-based content, it has a generic Middle Earth world, it has terrible voice acting, terrible quests, terrible dungeon design. It's just fucking terrible.

if you want to be a mage high elfs or bretons have a good magic buff at start. custom class can help aspect certain skills you class determines what skills you need to train to level up. intelligence and willpower will be the ones you want to focus on. joining the arena in the main city is a good way to level up quickly just fighting waves and some gold if you want to just fuck around and you on pc you can use console commands coc to go the the testing hall that has every item in the game. I was obssesd with this game a few years ago and played it everyday for like 3 years. its one of the best elder scrolls better then skyrim at least in my opinion. also you should go ask Yea Forums for better advice.

Attached: ikge-1546171061-428458-medium.jpg (256x235, 29K)

>mods
>mods
>and more mods

seriously fuckup this game has more mods than skyrim... you're fucking retarded.

dark elves are gay

With max difficulty game becomes incredibly tedious because of 1/6 damage dealt penalty. You are then forced to use conjured minions and poisons because they aren't affected by this.

if you get a level up without using any combat skills, just dont go to bed, save the level point untill you level up from combat, keeps the game a little more even. they level up when you spend the point

It's not like skyrim is that much better. That game is only good because of mods.

agreed.
skyrim lost a whole magic school oblivion had.

Fucking epic game i like exploring n findint easter eggs n side quests enjoy the scenery n environment i wish i could live in tamriel cyridil

Horse shit. Skyrim has its own list of flaws and dumb design choices, but at least it had some effort put into it. The game world is FAR more varied and unique, the dungeons all have their own look and feel to them, even similar ones like Dwemer ruins or Nordic tombs. And best of all, the leveled enemies/loot system is way, WAY fucking toned down from Oblivion.

Skyrim sure as hell isn't perfect, but it's MILES better than the bland, lazy crap Bethesda shoveled out for Oblivion. Literally the ONLY good part of Oblivion was the Shivering Isles (and MAYBE the Dark Brotherhood questline).

No love morrowinds best ,oblivion is great , skyrim i can never get into it very boring n bland turned it into a game faggot streamers can play they just have to folow the waypoint and make bulshit reactions n read no decent anything quests story etc

Morrowind IS the best, absolutely, but if you seriously think Skyrim is more bland than Oblivion, you're either full on retard, or you're a terrible troll. Virtually every single part of Oblivion is identical to every other. Every single Ayleid ruin looks exactly like the other, every single cave is just a gray tunnel. There are what, two villages and two roadside inns for the ENTIRE NATION of Tamriel? And every single quest is either 'fetch this' or 'kill this' without even an attempt at flavour text or dressing up at all.

Again, Skyrim definitely has some major issues, and Morrowind is still the best ES game, but Oblivion is the blandest pile of crap around.

If Morrowind is a full course steak dinner with potatoes and veggies and a beer, then Skyrim is a fast food meal of burger, fries, and soda, and Oblivion is a fucking plate of rice cakes.

Actually. We're all A and God. COllective self of universe. Play the game everyday for years and watch. Watch the per pool affect. You become royal.

Id rather replay oblivion than play skyrim so maby its nostalgia but everyone looks the same n nothing exciting has happend to me in skyrim boring story boring side quests everything looks dark its ok but i dont like it they shouldent of made it so mainstream. Nwah

Nobody that says nostalgia is feeling nostalgia.

i did pure magic. not really advisable

Theirs lots of stuff and if you only fast travel you wont find shit, under ground looks the same but so does skyrim but it looks gayer lots of places in skyrim are unmemorable maby because i was bored or theirs lots of shit that looks pretty much the same

Attached: 1551131708036.jpg (217x208, 13K)

Then use a keyboard, you console-dick-sucking faggot.

Sorry meant to tag this post:

It was okay. Never beat it but sunk a 100 hours or so. Not a very memorable storyline whereas skyrim at least had replay value. Its your typical RPG, just choose your style of play and hit start. Easy to pick back up. Not much else to say about it.

Okay, yeah, you're either a dipshit blinded by nostalgia, or you are legit an awful troll. "Everyone looked the same"? "Boring story boring sidequests"? In SKYRIM, but not in OBLIVION? Are you shitting me? Have you SEEN the NPCs in Oblivion?

still very doable but the game kinda feels like it was made for using sword and shield

No shit dumbass. I didn't quick travel, especially since you can't quick travel to undiscovered places. I tromped across Oblivion, and it all looks exactly the same, above ground and below.

SKYRIM looks unmemorable? Are you shitting me? Did you just never find stuff like Blackreach in Skyrim? There's more design in a single dungeon/cave of Skyrim than in all of Oblivion's base game combined.

You realise that even though there are SIXTY Oblivion gates to close, there are SIX Oblivion worlds, right? That means you repeat every fucking Oblivion gate world TEN TIMES. Oblivion is lazy trash.

It is the greatest game ever made. Not the game’s fault you suffer massive game retardation and can’t play it right. Perhaps you should go back to what you are good at, like sucking cock for a nickel.