How does a Yea Forums tard make friends?

How does a Yea Forums tard make friends?

I spend most of my time online and I don’t drink. How do put myself out there without already having friends or drinking? I hate it alcohol... it has killed 3 family members and I refuse to touch that shit at least for my momma.

Attached: 01B072D5-34F7-48F0-848B-FB354A40A587.jpg (1242x1322, 556K)

Bumperino

Jesus christ. You don't need to drink dude. Just try to make yourself decently presentable (clean, not "bum-looking") and go outside. Find some activity you like and do it with other people. If you currently don't talk to people, make an effort, with any luck you won't come off sounding socially retarded and will be able to hold a conversation. You can also meet people online. I'm no expert but I think that those dating apps can also be used to make friends. Take a class if you're not in school, learn to paint, or photography, or a language. Just remember to appear "approachable" and start a conversation with someone

See that’s the thing, I feel completely isolated from most people because I don’t have any interest in real things. All I do is sit around and wait till the next day. You might say it’s depression, but this is how I’ve been my entire life.

Haha, join the club.
Do you even want to meet people? It can be exhausting if you don't particulalrly care for others

I do want to meet people. I just don’t like imitating things, I think it stems from low self esteem tbh. I don’t feel like a real person, you might be familiar with the feeling

Initiating things*

>exhausting

Yea Forums does make me laugh sometimes

Why the low self esteem?

Bullied in school, emotional neglect from parents, pretty much being alone my entire life. I’m also sure I was molested by someone who is already dead. I have never had anyone go out of their way for me or even share positive remarks about/with me. Just pure loneliness. How d you feel like a person at the point I’m at?

So I take it you're not over any of it. Kids are pricks, parents were shit, and you can't get un-molested, might as well move on if only for yourself. Therapy might be a good place to start, have you ever talked with anyone about it?

That’s the thing, I never had anyone to talk about anything. It’s all bottled up inside me. I’ve tried therapy but I found it super difficult to open up.

I mean sure people can get over things like that if they have things going on for them in their life, but my entire life has been a sad shit show that it’s all I’m used to. My sister also went through depression, but she had good grades, she had a few friends she could talk to, and that pushed her out of the funk. I have nothing pushing me. I feel like a consciousness that is supposed to do human things to survive.

Sounds like you've got a lot to do to be able to move on and start working on yourself. Have you thought about meds? they might give you that kick you need to become more motivated, but try not to depend on them too much, otherwise you might be worse off in the end

Yes, I’ve been through meds. They kill the depression but they make me feel like an emotionless zombie. It’s like they make you feel okay with being depressed and useless. Also killed my sex drive and I didn’t orgasm for like 5 months straight.

Frankly I believe I am a completely broken person and will never be anything more than it. I’m even scared of the idea of suicide. I’m just a sad existence man. Hang on to your friends and family, cherish them, have the best life that you can for me user

Your life is what you make of it, if you resign yourself to being "broken" that's exactly what you'll be. Take it one step at a time, don't beat yourself up about any setbacks. What is your life currently like? What are you like?

I work at a fast food place while living at home with my parents. My coworkers are drug addicts and felons who have nothing much else to do.

I pretty much just go to work and come back home and get on my computer. Has been my life ever since I was going to school. I like movies, games, and TV shows but I realize that I only binge these activities because they help me disconnect from myself and my reality. I have no real interests in real world things that would benefit myself and society. Some people want to be rich, some people want to be creative, some people want to change their communities for the better. I have no natural interest in anything like that, not even a single hobby, and I’ve been like that my entire life. That’s what I mean by broken. I literally don’t feel like a person.

Got any qualifications for a better job? Ever thought about moving?

Also, thanks for sticking around user, all these are things I’d like to tell a therapist but I can’t bring myself to say these things out loud.

Sadly no, other than 3 years customer service/food service. Moving somewhere else and starting over is a dream of mine, but don’t want to end up in the same spot even lonelier away from home

No prob.
Hmmm, seems like you're in a bit of a pickle. If you moved away, could you move back? When was your last relationship?

Yeah, I could move back, but I just don’t want it to be a waste of my time and money. I’m only getting paid $11/hr right now. If I can’t even connect with people enough to be friends, you think I’ve had a relationship before? A relationship sounds nice, but there are lot of issues I have to work on before those issues become another persons’ issues again. Basically I’m not very functional. It’s deep rooted into my childhood for sure, breaking it out it is not going to be easy, if possible.

Feel ya

Hahaha, yeah I figured as much, but that thing about the orgasm made me doubt, thought I'd ask. Anyway think i have an idea, but last few questions. Age? What do you look like (are you an average looking person or... well i think you know where I'm going)? Can you actually talk with people?

23. I would personally say I’m under average in terms of looks, mostly because I’m short and losing my hair, but I think I look better buzzed than with longer hair anyway. I have a service job, I can talk to strangers easily and have conversation, but I can’t connect deep enough to be friends. I have a lot of acquaintances.

Just go up to people and engage them in conversation, you'd be surprised how fast you can bond with even complete strangers when you're able to keep a conversation going on the fly. It can be about practically anything. I'd avoid touchy subjects though like political standings or religious beliefs.

Ok, my recommendation would be to go travel. I would particularly recommend using some site like workaway (google it, there are a few). You can travel anywhere on the cheap, and meet people. I would suggest you try some real manual labor at first to keep yourself good and tired. The connections with people will come, it's a numbers game. Just save some money to be able to move around, just remember it is possible to do cheaply, if it looks expensive it's because you're not looking hard enough. I did it, and met quite a number of people and made a few friends.

About the mental stuff, you're going to need time and a willingness to move on. Eventually you'll realize that it's not your fault and that the world is shitty and doesn't owe you anything, not even good parents. Try to figure out who you are and try different things, something might stick at some point.