Hey Yea Forums just got home from a long ass day of work it was my first day on the job as an electrical maintenance...

Hey Yea Forums just got home from a long ass day of work it was my first day on the job as an electrical maintenance tech at a plant give me some tips if you guys have any !!

Attached: E21FCC4B-3D50-4A9C-9067-F3A0EE955040.jpg (715x475, 105K)

Always been seen coming back from breaks first

burn yourself out working more than you need to for the first five years and then they'll promote you and give you the easy position then you just chill.

good job OP. I quit my warehouse job of 5 years and started a lube tech spot. Already moving on to a new company that'll pay better and move me up quicker.

I know 1 thing I regret at my current job is when I first started, I probably joked and talked too much and opened myself up to coworkers talking a lot. Turned out to be annoying. Would rather keep to myself next time.

TIP: do NOT tongue a nigger's anus.

I've been doing plant shit for 5 years. I know all the tricks. I won't tell you though cause I'm an asshole.

That's all those niggers are good for is talking. Don't ever let them know anything. Keep quiet crack a a one liner every once an awhile to not seem like a psychopath, and plan your escape.

Don’t get electrocuted? IDK what you expect. The job is pretty shocking at first.

That doesn't mean try to be mister tough guy. People who worked at a plant for 9+ year know how to get guys hurt or burn them out like creeps. Best thing bnb to do is suck up to the boss, joke with the help. And if they start acting like mr tough guy flip em off. It's all a game.

Waer comfy, COMFY shoes/boots. Or at least get good third-party insoles if you're required to wear certain footwear. Going at 110% for an entire week causing your feet to feel like so many pounds of hamburger at the end of the day is going to cause you to burn out, fast.
Never let other EM techs (or anyone else, really) borrow your tools. Ever. You'll never see them again.
Don't cover other peoples' mistakes when it won't come back on you. You will be leaned on/shit on eventually otherwise.

Don’t work stupid, always make sure about safety and shit around you, and always work face toward the electrical cabin, never sideways if working with a colleague.

In all honesty OP if your a single guy, have no debt, dont have child support payments ,get out while you can. This shit breaks your body, spirit, and leads to alcoholism real quick.

as an industrial electrician, dont fuck with stuff you shouldnt, call the contractors in, we are sick of fixing your bodge jobs

We got incentive to make damn it!

Don't touch the hot lead.
Don't put your dick in a toaster

This, 347 volts hurt like hell

you wot?

Yeah, if you’re not afraid to get your hands dirty and willing to learn you will make lots of money. There’s some shit always needs done and robots can’t do. Like plumbing.

347V what backwards country are you in?

347/600 is a standard voltage in 3 phase heavy equipment in North America

230/400 is where its at, do deal with some of your 480v stuff though, have to have specially made 11kv transformers lol

Op here thanks for all the responses I mean we work with 240/480 volts hydraulics,pneumatics, and today they taught me how to weld . If I put in atleast 4 years how much can I be making I’m 22yrs old at the moment with no debt no kids

you are way too young to go into maintenance, get a trade and get out, or you'll end up doing it for 40 years only to wake up and have lost your life

What kind of plant do you work at? Are you actually an employee at the plant or are you a contractor? I'm an in-house contractor for a plastic plant. I load bleach and HCL into tanker trucks

Attached: 1555556943432.png (529x518, 414K)

settle down beavis

Don't be in such a hurry not to verify that the drive or whatever equiptment you are working on is completely dead. Lock that shit out and verify it is dead, every fucking time. Cap banks can take over a half hour to bleed off if your bleed off resistor sucks.

Use your ppe. Don't be a macho man.

Don't lend out your tools

Your life is not worth it. Don't do shit you are not sure of.

Arc flashes are serious and will fuck you up.

Make sure your meter is rated for whatever you are working on.

Don't take shit from people who don't know what they are talking about.

We all make mistakes, sadly in this line of work a mistake can very easily kill you. Have money set aside for a funeral and get your will in order.

well said, although old cap banks are fun to fuck around with

That really depends on place to place. I would expect you to be around mid to upper 20s by then. Also depends on what benefits you get though

1. learn as much as you can user. this means keep your mouth shut except to ask well thought out questions
2. get certifications. its likely the company will pay for some if not all.
3. get here at least 15mins early EVERY DAY
4. dont try to haul ass. they would MUCH rather you be accurate and a little slow

There are zero 437/600v systems in the US. We are 277/480

Don't touch the red wire jackass !

Canada