What is the best open-world survival shooter?

What is the best open-world survival shooter?

Attached: survivor.jpg (500x750, 85K)

Syria.

world of warcraft

Ukraine

Kek

Can I nominate New Vegas

No one has really made a good open-world survival shooter honestly.

STALKER is great but it's not truly open world.

Shadow of Chernobyl

S.T.A.L.K.E.R series imo.
broken mechanics and gameplay due to immense amount of bugs but overall kept me coming back more than any else game.

Attached: stalker_fan_art_by_llirik_13_d9ctsnu-pre.jpg (1264x632, 109K)

I think we should all admit oen thing, clear sky was the worst imo.

Rust

pubgm
pick up and play 20 minute time waster

Have you played FO76?

Yes and it was utter shit.
Although I'm referring to clear sky being the worst of the series, still something to do, but I had more fun on SoC and CoP.

That is definitely not what OP is talking about.. you are describing a multiplayer battle royale there chief.

Which one would you recommend for someone playing the series for the first time?

Escape from Tarkov

Niggers In Paradise

Zero interest in 76.

And I’m a huge fan of New Vegas and I have a ton of hours in modded Fallout 4 as well. With mods, 4 becomes somewhat respectable, but I put a lot of pain and suffering into getting it to work right.

And there are some game design elements I’m not a fan of that should’ve been obviously included from New Vegas.

That’s not even funny, shut the fuck up moron.

Well in the order I PLAYED.
Clear Sky, Call of Pripyat, than Shadow of Chernobyl.

Although the series in order from release date goes SoC>Clear Sky>CoP
Start from finish, do that, don't need to get mixed up and feel like you're going in circles.

I only did that because Clear sky was the first I discovered and ended up in that first..
And if you feel you enjoy the series, CoP did get Mod of the year for COC{Call of Chernobyl, a big mod sandbox just including all the maps in one.}. The mods for the series kept me busy for hundreds upon thousands of hours just downloading and trying new stuff.

7 days to die

Call of Chernobyl mods, Yea Forumsros.
Story kinda takes a hit, but it was already meh in vanilla.

What are the must-have mods? You don’t have to go nuts, I bet you know tons lol. What are your top 3 or so?

Vanilla looked like shit but I don't let graphics destroy my ultimate experience for games, I've already learned that.
Though yes, COC is just a general start to modding, you might want to get graphics enhancers and gun mods to expand the fun for the game and overall enjoyment.

Also if you decide that you're big dick, go try misery mod, enjoy F5'n every 3 seconds tho.

I'm actually not running much.
Arsenal Overhaul is A MUST if you dont wanna get stuck with the same fuckin lame guns they provide in vanilla.

I also ran the Complete mod at first for CoP, and it just felt like a graphics enhancer to me, but iirc, CoC provides that and shaders by default.
Also don't get Complete, it's such a fuckin crutch to the game and makes the game feel way too easy too enjoy.

I ran warfihter because the immense amount of bullets to fuckin kill someone felt like a joke, I mean anything but a headshot is like shooting a nerf gun at bullet proof armor. That's a must, but expect NPC's to do the same to you.

Also I ran SWTC, a whether mod, because I can't help but walk around and enjoy the sky and environment as enough as it is.
I don't know why but I just love the eerie feeling and calmness The Zone gives me.

Either way your choice Yea Forumsro, get what makes your enjoy it more.

Misery will build up calluses on your butthole that eventually powers through it.
AMK for SoC had bullshit like the electro chimeras that were broken.

I'm sure after playing Misery for COP like I did, the F5 button was as commonly pressed as the WASD and SPACE keys were pressed.

I myself always tell myself that "Reality matters a lot more man,just accept that" and than I regret it a lot haha..

Also IDK man, the electric Burer's had to be quite annoying for me seeing ass a rail of fuckin electric came running down my path while walking, and doesn't help that the fact that companions in the game, mod or not, are literally subhuman as fuck. The Burer's and prolly Dark Pyrogist were the worst for me.

Fortnite

Oh I also almost forgot, now speaking on behalf of Call of Chernobyl, you do need to own a copy of Call of Pripyat to run the mod. Also if it's pirated, it won't run. So hopefully you got a paid for copy if you do manage to get it.

Are you implying it is hard to find now?

No?
It's available on Steam store[Like mines], just it won't run the mod on pirated copies IE: Pirate bay

>the electric Burer's
word, they're in CoC too.
Having a squad to distract them helps, then buttfuck with explosives.

RL

Of coarse, but being encountered but it than coming across other factions is the annoying part.

Yeah I may survive one, but after I'm drained from that, I'll get gapped due to the other.

And for some fuckin odd reason it's either Monolith or Duty who does it.

I play as Merc's.

Anu cheeki breeki

Attached: 1557355211581.jpg (1920x1080, 817K)

This. It's not exactly a shooter, but it's closer than anything else.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series

cool no one's mentioned that one yet

this lol

Afghanistan

My school

Attached: bullet drop.webm (656x480, 1.66M)

>What is the best open-world survival shooter?
>because I'm a butthurt edgelord who can only be happy pretending the world has turned to shit
>then maybe I'll actually have a place in it for once

I hope you die

A peaceful death at a ripe old age when you've finally made peace with your life and you're surrounded by loved ones.

Attached: 1545381450235.gif (319x220, 501K)

>Wow, striving for realism in video games where you explore an open world to scavenge for supplies like ammo, food, & water is the pinnacle of edgelord faggotry, I tell you hwat

Attached: 1501379717238.jpg (400x400, 115K)

New Vegas

God.. why do I love this game so much? And why couldn’t 4 be more like it? It’s not that 4 is BAD by any means but.. New Vegas just has a little magic in it that 4 didn’t. What is it exactly?

>And why couldn’t 4 be more like it?
Because Bethesda isn't Obsidian.

Attached: USSR-TETRIS.jpg (750x743, 60K)

Rust

2b2t. The horrors I've seen...

user, i think you need a god damn time machine, cause...yeah, you are decades late with your gay little pasta post

uh I have no idea what you're saying

Go post in the backgammon thread

fpbp

Attached: 1494561491054.jpg (118x125, 3K)

Stalker anomaly 1.5.
Free stand alone mod that includes all the maps from the 3 stalker games and content from other mods like all kinds of guns and items, story mode, a rogue-like mode(azazel), etc. It has a 64bit engine improved and it's being actively maintained and polished. It's very tweakeable at the config options so you can chose what to activate or deactivate, you can make it easier or harder on you. Usually not as difficult as Dead Air or Misery, but tougher than Last Day and Call of Chernobyl.

Attached: anomaly.jpg (1024x576, 461K)

Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl. Of all time.

USA

USA is ok, but middle east/africa has much better pvp.

Okay I’m getting the feeling that STALKER seems to be pretty widely accepted as the pinnacle of OP’s genre. I’ve heard the name for a while now, mainly on here and /k/.

What exactly makes the game so appealing? I don’t have a PC or otherwise I would’ve played it by now, and the videos I’ve seen of it don’t capture the magic. Please don’t misinterpret what I’m saying as I don’t understand it and therefore it isn’t good, lol. Is it something about the game mechanics? Story?

Nah. Chicago it’s where it’s at.

Agreed

I played more SOC than any health person should. Man I gucking love that game. I own all three in original boxes and still play from time to time.