Hey b so I need some serious legal advice. I filled a complaint about my coworker, to my supervisor, supervisor...

Hey b so I need some serious legal advice. I filled a complaint about my coworker, to my supervisor, supervisor. I recorded the conversation, she then came back after our conversation saying "I talked to my boss, and he said that you needed to delete the recording." I told her " I'm sorry but I'm going to keep it, inorder to cover myself" she then told me that it was illegal to record someone without their permission. I told no it's not because we are government employees, she didn't buy that. I told her that she never said "No" so there for it was okay. I'm super perplex here, was what I did illegal, was it not should I tell my HR rep? If you can please help me.

Attached: legal.jpg (1200x808, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/jingle-bells-428735796/help
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If it's a 1 party consent state then you're fine. If she saw the recording and knew shes being recorded and never said no then you're fine.

In the first 10 seconds she kinda consents, I live I'm Illinois so I dont think I can be under that law

She claims she didnt know until the end. That when I put my phone down she didnt think I was recording

>serious legal advice
>on Yea Forums
ayy lmao, talk to an actual lawyer

Yeah I know I just didn't want to go that route until I really had to. I read online that recording in the workplace is totally legal since its technically public area

What state are you

Why exactly do they want you to delete it?

Illinois

Audio from a meeting I had with a supervisor. I was reporting a complaint against a coworker

illinois is an all party consent state meaning she must be informed you are recording and agree to it otherwise you are committing a crime.

I'm trying to spice the begging part, of it she gives consent but idk if it's okay in court

I’d save a copy online and then tell her you deleted it. It’s cheap insurance in case your coworker complaint goes sideways for some reason.

Middle manager for a large, national company. Very specific rules at the company about recording conversations of others. In particular, employee/supervisor conversations are never allowed to be recorded. You can take copious notes and should be encouraged to do so. When you record another person you are invading their privacy whether that conversation was about you or not. It does not matter what you think is right, the only thing that matters is the company policy and the law. If you were unaware of the policy or your State's law, by deleting the recording you are probably okay. If you worked for the company that I work for and refused to delete, you would be terminated immediately. Also, Illinois is NOT a one party state, you are required to have both parties clear consent. Godspeed OP

Unless you said very clearly in the beginning "I'm going to record this conversation just so you are aware are you OK with that" and she says clearly "Yes that's fine" You have admitted to her that you committed a crime and will most likely be held accountable for that. You really should have researched the law in your state before recording her. I don't think you'll get any serious criminal penalties but could potentially get fired for this. Sorry

Thanks man this just scares me more

Okay thanks for the advice

What state?

nm

Illinois

Work for the government how? State or Fed? If state, then the previous posts about IL laws may be applicable. If Federal, just delete it now before you lose everything.

Very important people understand this. Even in a one party consent state company policy will almost always get you fired for performing a legal recording within the walls of that business. You can be terminated for doing something perfectly legal and if you live in a state that allows termination for any non predjudicial reason you are screwed. Unless you are a whistle blower and going to the media with a recording that will benefit public safety then you will be totally fine.

I'm uploading the first part to souncloud. Sorry I sound really gay

soundcloud.com/jingle-bells-428735796/help

not trying to scare you, it's not that big of a deal if you delete. it might be if you don't though. also, and don't take this the wrong way, but recording anybodies conversation says right up front that you don't trust them. now you've insulted someone that I assume you expect some assistance from. dick move, bro. I manage over 250 people and the ones that do the best are the ones that get along with others the best. here, the first thing you're doing is complaining about a coworker - then you tell your supervisor that you don't trust her. think about all that from the perspective of your coworker and your supervisor.

She's really chummy with the coworker. Idk I know what I said was dumb but I did it to cover my ass

well, you just fucked yourself. this is exactly why this shit is not legal. now you've shared someone else's conversation with an unknown amount of third parties. if I were her, I would sue the fuck out of you - and before you go all "go ahead, I don't have any money", they do payroll deductions for that shit too. take 22% of your gross every paycheck until the bill is paid. you are fucked.

That's saying if she or they ever find out. Everything I used was throwaway accounts and can never be traced back to me

you clearly have never been the target of an investigation. they take your phone and they get EVERYTHING. things you've forgotten about or deleted long ago, yeah, they got those too. your laptop? your desktop? yeah, they can get all those. Oh, you just threw those away? contempt of court case. destruction of evidence. you just keep shooting yourself in the face. just put it all down and walk away before someone figures your shit out. Luckily there are only 9 other posters on right now, you might get away with it. unless someone saved your recording.

Attached: Albert E.jpg (600x762, 108K)

yeah i deleted it, ill just go talk to a lawyer. i found it funny that she had left and then cameback to tell me that. so she knew i recorded but didnt care until her boss said she fucked up. its just so funny how this stuff goes. they know that what they say can be held against them in court as well. to me it sounded like they tried to keep evething i had hush, but oh well, maybe i was just a troll the world may never know

whos this pretty little bitch?

Attached: littlebitch.png (540x522, 466K)

Which one of you is prettending to be sharon

Attached: Sharonlol.png (524x523, 473K)

Can you blivet these retards fell for this shit?! lol

I hope non of your works hate you

the ones that didn't like me didn't last. don't mean that to be shitty but, generally, people leave a job because of their boss. now I have a team of people who are really good at their jobs and I trust them to do it without me getting in their way.