Can I use this for coding python or browsing he deep web? Seems to run really slow

Can I use this for coding python or browsing he deep web? Seems to run really slow

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 1.81M)

Attached: 1E6198AD-3078-49EA-BBB6-FAA7666B5544.jpg (4032x3024, 1.79M)

Run a free eset online scan, ccleaner and if it don't speed up, check hdsentinal for hdd errors.

Cant imagine you'd need much power for what you're doing.

Do I need a certain website?

Throw a light weight linux distro on it and it will work fine for python and deep web.
Deep web is slow browsing anyway.

um, ja, celery d, 512 (ddr2) 120 gig mechanical drive? yes, slow for everything. max out ram, put fastest bug on mobo, and cheap $20 ssd then maybe. otherwise, doorstop.

ive tried installing tails on it but froze on me don’t think I was able to

What’s “fastest bug on mobile”

I BELIEVE I HAVE A SPARE HDD WHAT WOULDNIT BE USED FOR?

yes this if staying with windows.

>801517814
not tails, lubuntu or similar. need something that runs with that low ram. also, do recovery options at tails startup screen, and troubleshoot. probably missing a driver or a startup switch good luck

Try a different one.
itsfoss.com/lightweight-linux-beginners/

This.

elaborate.

spare hdd could be used for lots of shit. elaborate.

Fuck misread SSD for HDD

It’s been stuck like this for more than 10-15 minutes

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 837K)

Can I buy some ram and ssd to increase the speed?if so what kind of ram

we're reaching newfag levels that shouldn't even be possible.

Can u even tri force

Selfless bump

If you need to ask, you don't know how to browse the deep web.

I’ve watched plenty of videos and reading regarding how to get on it, but i wanna browse it safely with the old computer I have. Most of the recent stuff my computer wasn’t able to handle like oracle virtual boxx

eset av free online scan
google it, dumbo

Spin up an ec2 instance if you're really that worried

>Can I use this for coding python or browsing he deep web? Seems to run really slow

You can use notepad to code, there's basically nothing you can't code on.

If you're that worried, spin up an ec2 instance

Am I using ec2 as a way to browse the deep web?

if you have lots of dumps, that's common. if you have a windows.old folder, it could take overnight or days. patience, this is a low horsepower pc with a mechanical drive.

Or am I using it like a proxy?

what king of ram should I purchase

You have codenames for slow snake spiders? I wanna play

What?

would need brand and model or serial/service tag to know. there's not enough info in your pic to know.

try giving it a bath.. if you're nice and pamper the computer it will work faster. make sure you scrub it down good, it looks dirty.

Trust me, I'm a professional.

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 1022K)

I’ve fucked it in the drive with my floppy disk already is that not enough?

k gimme a sec, but at first glance that cpu/chipset 2 gigs is max. you would need a video card to free up the uma. one sec.

Used parts are fine I would assume just need it to last temporarilyuntil I save for a better one , the speed is killing me tho.

k that is max cpu for the bios, and max ram for the chipset. only choice is an SSD for speed, and the difference is not subtle. you can get a sata SSD for less than $60US for a 250, less than $20US for a 120 from amazon. clone the existing drive onto the new one. don't ned much mounting hw, SSD are shock proof within reason.

you can always re-use the SSD in a new system, they are good for about 3 years or 75 TB written unless you go expensive.

Crap ok, SSD the last hope for speed I guess. Is there a link available for cloning to SSD

Does it matter if it’s interanl or external?

just for reference you have a compaq presario rr790aa-aba. the -aba in compaq-speak means "north american version" so you should see that on everything in canada, us, mexico unless it was trans- shipped.

Does this help?

How’s this one

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 1.74M)

New information alway does. Thanks. How’d you know this

external would be slower. internal is sata 3.0 GB/sec, which would be preferable to the USB 2 interfaces. You could put a USB 3.1 card in the PCI Express 16x slot, but that would be money that doesn't need to be spent. If you want an external, you may be better of buying a new 1TB external from WD or one of those guys. you could use that on multiple machines.

gimme a sec

Cant find an internal SSD SATA for $20 with speeds of 3GB/sec

That SSD would be fine, any of them would. If you could get a samsung evo 850/860, they are the gold standard.

I've attached a pic. I'm probably older than you think I am, I have been taking people's money for computer work since I was five, and have been doing it professionally since I got out of the army thirty years ago. picked up a trick or two.

Attached: cpqcrop.jpg (2509x1133, 406K)

they are backwards compatible. 6.0 would work fine on a 3.0 GB bus. plus it would be better for the future on a newer system that does 6.0

search amazon for 120 gb sata ssd. pny, kingston, crucial, wd are all top-shelf.

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 1.63M)

This one will have to do until I can afford the Samsung evo

yep, those are great, and easy warranty returns. kingston is known for their fantastic warranty service. only provider I use for ram.

What’s the minimum I should save for a build.

yes, that kingston will do fine.

the samsung is worth it tho. my 850 is getting a bit old, but I've never regretted paying the obscene amount of money for it.

I need to sign off now, I have router class tomorrow. it was nice to talk to you and give some computer advice. good luck with python, it's definitely worth learning. cisco ios 15 has a python shell that you can use to automate router tasks, so I am brushing up myself. cheers, and good night.

Attached: evo.jpg (439x532, 60K)

that I can't help you with, i don't game. find video cards on craigslist is my best advice.

Goodnight and thanks

include surrounding areas in your craigslist search and be prepared to drive. keep clicking show more until you have them all checked. then search for your video card, they are out there. ssd is important too but you can start with and keep using the 120. good luck.

sure thing!

Thank you for the help

Python starting up, thanks guys

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 1.18M)

no problem, glad to help. this is the part of my job that I love.

glad to hear it. groove python, then you can start php. take care

What is your job, can I get paid to be a 4chin user

meant this post, sorry. took my lenses out so I'm not seeing so well. take care.

paid for Yea Forums? not to my knowledge, I am a server engineer. most of my contracts are in china, which is why I am up right now. they are 12 hours off from eastern US time, so it is just after lunch there. I am finished for the day, so I am going to sleep so I get some free time etween class and before I start at 8:00 P.M.

I am a Cisco Netacad student, currently working on my CCNA Security and CCNP Routing and Switching cecrtifications. I finished my CCNA
Routing and Switching. Between all that is how I get paid, when I can convince them to pay my invoices. ;P I don't do too much free work. No pay does equal lower taxes. take care.

Is this thread a troll? You can regularly find newer PCs in the trash every single day.

Tell me which trash

It's against the law in the U.S. and many other countries to dispose of computers/electronics in household trash, and companies pay to dispose of computers. You must live somewhere else, or have toxic landfills galore. Maybe you live where we send our garbage? I mean seriously, you cannot just throw this stuff away.

PC you are using is 13 years old.

You live in the US? Any real business runs on a 3-4 year hardware cycle. I'm regularly e-wasting PCs with 3rd gen (Ivy Bridge) and 4th gen (Haswell) Intel Core I series processors.

Tell me the name of your company. Maybe I’ll send an email through the companies website and buy second hand off of you?

install windows fresh on $15 ssd and it'll run fine

Could I legally torrent the same version I already have and am running?

Literally just get a job anywhere and make friends with someone in the IT department. This stuff is free.

Just buy a raspberry pi. Their Linux os has everything you need.

you can't unless the company has 5 people. then, they use a broker between them and the reutilization guys. companies send their junk pcs to computer auction companies that auction them off by the pallet. plus they shred the hard drives. you want like 20 that's fine. you can't buy one.

How would I use the raspberry pi

we can't give that advice because of asset tags. get caught taking it out of the building, everybody gets fired, and the it guy can't get another job.

Well that was your solution to that? Where can I buy one that’s being auctioned off for one? No need for twenty. And this thing is only until I save for a pc I’ll build myself

We're not talking about production hardware here. Referring to 5 year old hardware that is going to be e-wasted. It isn't that unusual that employees get first dibs if they want it.

if he is going t go that route, he's better off sticking to what he has. the pi 3 tops out at 1 gig of ram and less, slower disk. install debian on your existing hardware.

that's interesting. goes against accounting rules.

depends where you live but probably not. windows is quite cheap for one-use keys on ebay, but regardless microsoft no longer bothers with anti-piracy really

On the existing one or the new SSD

That’s great to know. Thank you.

i'm out. you wanna flirt with fraud and theft in a corporate environment, you can do it without my help.

This entire thread was apparently written by a three year old faggot.

There's no accounting difference. You've already fully depreciated the asset at that point. Whether you e-waste it, donate it, or let employees take it, it makes no difference.