Can someone explain to me why people are freaking out about climate change...

Can someone explain to me why people are freaking out about climate change? lets say it's real and humans are causing it... who gives a fuck? Just put on a sweater or buy a fan.

Am I missing something?

Attached: u4s2c.jpg (640x360, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

who.int/news-room/detail/27-09-2016-who-releases-country-estimates-on-air-pollution-exposure-and-health-impact
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hurricane Sandy: 70 BILLION dollars in damage. Sweaters did not help.

so what? it only cost damages because they REBUILT ALL THE SAME SHIT IN THE SAME PLACE AGAIN
plus insurance covered it all
I had a tree fall on my house
sure it was annoying but I didnt freak the fuck out about it
get over it, weather causes damage all the time everywhere

Yes, quite a bit, but I don't think you're missing anything that you're smart enough to understand. I think so long as you don't bring it up with people around you, no one will figure out that you don't know anything about it. And so long as nobody tries to explain it to you, no one will figure out that you're not bright enough to understand any explanation.

The right denies it, to squash regulations and taxes. The left promotes it, to get more taxes and get more regulations. Simple as that, all 1%er politics.

oh like I understand the words "climate"and "change" and what they represent
I dont get why everyone is so afraid of either one
hey its raining oh no I'm going to get wet... so? Just go get wet
change is a good thing, isnt it?

right but why does anyone listen to either side? why does it drive people to freak out and think the sky is falling?
We have amazon now. Just order some shit to make you comfortable again. How hard is this?

Why are you still looking for an explanation? Non-stop coverage for years on tv, google to hand you a thousand videos to explain, and you don't get it. Why do you think Yea Forums can help you? Nobody can help you.
You're right to think there's more than what you're grasping.
You're wrong to think the reason you don't already understand it is that every single source has always explained it wrong. The problem is in the mirror, user. You're the reason you don't get it. That's okay. Not everybody can get everything.

Because there's still idiots that watch the electric jew.

because climage change can end the civilization and infrastructure

It's hip to blame everyone for it. We have no imperical evidence that proves carbon emissions cause global warming because we haven't had the ability to track it so far back. The planet will adapt. Get over it

NASA wastes like 28% of that annually on..whatever it is they do.

Attached: 20billiondollarsayear.jpg (2560x1440, 1.05M)

Yes of course because hurricanes never happened before carbon emissions

I'm far more concerned with Global Swarming.

Attached: 1495256042000.jpg (3000x1800, 1.25M)

You make up 77% of the statistics you give, and they are only believed by 6% of those who read them.

implying hurricanes arent natural.

wow, arent you duped.

but climate is always changing, we are arrogant to think we can stop it.

Sure thing goy

Attached: Screenshot_20190603-000842_Samsung Internet.jpg (1440x1035, 194K)

>7 faked moon landing

Kek

The real focus should be on manipulating it to suit our needs. One problem is that the needs of the populace dont align with the needs of a lot of the people who are in politics. If we suddenly had the technology to stop most of the damage weather causes, insurance companies wouldn't be as profitable.

Yes comrade. We agree

Everybody is trying to gain profit

A swedish mong says it's true so..

Attached: Greta_Thunberg_pissed-800x450.jpg (800x450, 41K)

I dont exactly have a degree in this topic. However, I'm pretty sure most people are concerned about how the changes affect the environment. Lots of animals lose habitat and that sort of thing.

when the climate changes enough human life becomes unsupportable. agriculture failure, a neverending cascade of weather catastrophes. hope this thread is a troll. acting like humans live in a fucking vacuum.

If you care this little to not be educated then try this, stay out of the way. Some people want to profit of the earth and see the environment as something worth sparing as it potentially could go back to normal and we today will not see the consequences of any of it.
Other fags want to save the planet because we're draining it of mako energy to produce materia, the planet's dying, don't you see that?

So don't pick a side, do what ever you want, but just stay out of the way, oh and stay away from the reactors. I heard a tip Avalanche is up to something. Peace.

the change in temp will make coffee and chocolate beans unable to grow, is already happening, white people need these things to live

The climate doesn't even change.
What are you talking about bro.

Attached: yhbtyhlhand.jpg (692x474, 185K)

Sea levels OP
Sea levels

So you're saying the problem is taking care of itself

research the likelihood of severe water shortages and famine in late 21st century due to global climate change. this will cause political destabilization and mass migrations in multiple regions/countries which will lead to instability, economic recessions/depressions and most importantly violence in the form of terrorism and war.

or we can just bury our collective heads in the sand and gift our grandchildren with a far more dangerous world. guess depends on how selfish we want to be

Sea levels have never risen before.
This has never been a problem in the history of humanity.

Attached: 20190603_003218.png (1288x1074, 1.37M)

>...political destabilization and mass migrations in multiple regions/countries which will lead to instability, economic recessions/depressions and most importantly violence in the form of terrorism and war
Wowie we already have all of this stuff!

Attached: 181028-migrant-caravan-al-0906_629b8917d31827524d5de50573bf0896.fit-760w.jpg (760x507, 123K)

when can trump just start firing at the border. It would solve the problem pretty quick.

kek, nice bait

Soon as he gets the space force running.
Just gonna blast em from orbit.

The availability of resources, particularly food, which will become more and more scarce as crops enter higher and higher average temperatures in their growing seasons, as well as the shrinking of the total land the planet has will have a devastating effect on all human populations.

Furthermore, climate change makes storms, particularly hurricanes, far more deadly and powerful as they become excited going over warmer and warmer water.

We'll terminate him if he tries.

if you think immigration is a problem now, just wait.

Nerds need to be passionate about something, otherwise no importance.

Sweaters are fine until the weather goes to shit

You think refugees are problem now? Just wait until the equatorial regions start really losing human-carrying capacity.

yay fearmongering, woo.

>if you dont accept what we believe, the world will end.

sounds alot like a religion, if you as me.

The planet will be uninhabitable by humans within a couple generations

It's just fear of death, as usual . They dont accept we'll extinguish one day, as 99% of all species. And in the first place our species could evolve because of huge catastrophies which annihilated previous species

It seems more likely that sentient life, or at least sapient life, is a fluke and nothing comes next

none of this matters anyways, this planet will be uninhabitable for life eventually regardless of what humans do.. life on earth isnt stable for forever.

Kinda matters if you have kids or empathy

temperature change affects everything. obviously the antarctic ice is melting and the sea level will rise blah blah blah the majority of the human population is coastal blah blah blah billions of refugees blah blah blah. severe weather events are likely to increase with this as well (warmer waters means stronger hurricanes). in addition, we already are experiencing mass extinctions are current levels. as climate change gets progressively worse, this will obviously increase. this will have a devastating impact to the earth's ecosystem. that, coupled with the increased temperatures will make food very scarce. this won't bode well with the billions of refugees. war, famine, disease, and who knows what else will most likely come from this.

it's just generally gonna be a huge shit show. obviously, it's all speculation, but climate change is definitely happening and we passed the carbon threshold like two-three years ago or something. many scientists believe that passing that threshold means we can go back below it. so, basically, it's too late to prevent it. it's time to start speculating so we can figure out how we're gonna deal with it.

i actually used to study environmental science. once you go far enough on the green pill, you realize it's fruitless to try and stop climate change. i used to recycle, drive a prius, and all that jazz, but i genuinely believe there's no point anymore. especially since it seems we're going backwards on a lot of environmental policies.

i also used to be very spiritual about saving the earth. the earth has always kinda been my god and i loved all it's beings. i've since realized humans are parasites to it and that climate change won't kill the earth, just us. the earth is incredibly resilient. i'm just done trying to save a species that doesn't want to save itself. it's sad, but whatever.

its the reason why i DONT have kids.. i see how fucked humanity is and i said long ago, fuck this, whats the point in perpetuating this.

dont try to pull emotional blackmail on me for your personal decisions.

Because things apart from yourself matter

Those commie pinko liberals at the DOD estimate as many as TWO HUNDRED FIFTY MILLION climate refugees by 2050. We've already got them in the US; the New Orleans diaspora, anyone? Now RE-migrating from Houston after the latest record setting disaster?

Wanna keep the browns down in Tropics Town? Fix climate change.

You got brainwashed hard

It's almost like this has been a problem for decades, and we're starting to see the beginnings of the destabilization.

The Arab Spring? Kicked off by several failed harvests over a decade. Syria? Worst drought in living history. Mediterranean migrant flows? Equatorial Africa drying up and blowing away.

Is it possible that you’re brainwashed?

thats just it tho, no one can tell the future.

i refuse to take on the stress of how humanity fucks itself in the future.

all i can deal with is what i have in front of me, and its enough.

the present tells me humanity is fucked and breeding only creates a future for my offspring that is even worse for mine and my parents.

i refuse to do that, so i take the responsible path and dont.

Nihilism is for edgy teens bra

and optimism only fucks your offspring.. you see it, you just refuse to accept it, otherwise you wouldnt even be in this thread.

we'll see whose brain REALLY gets washed in the future...

>REBUILT ALL THE SAME SHIT IN THE SAME PLACE AGAIN
That's actually a problem, though I'd start with the Florida barrier islands, not NJ. Joisy isn't exactly prime hurricane territory.

Nihilism is easy because one blanket statement covers everything. “It doesn’t matter”. No thought required. It’s not interesting, thought provoking or true.

The predictions are we'll see more severe weather, some sea level rise, and a few other issues like that. Those are all manageable, and a lot of the screaming about them are just noise.

The bigger issue is the impact on ecology. The problem isn't what the world's warming, it's been warm before. It's that the world is warming fast. Animals and plants won't have time to adapt. We're going to lose a lot of them, and we don't have a good handle on the consequences. Ecological webs are complex.

Honestly, most of the information out there on climate change is garbage. It's so politicized, the facts get lost.

it does tho.. no one can tell the future, you can only look at the present and your own personal life experience.

you as an individual cant do shit for humanity's future.

>you as an individual cant do shit for humanity's future.

and that's why the world's gonna end v

People are retarded and think that bitching they can stop what's been happening for millions of years before we were even here.
If you want to stop climate change you need to kill yourself, humans are a detriment to the environment wholesale so the only logical thing to do for this is to martyr yourself for the betterment of the planet

the world will end with or without humans, nothing last for forever.

>more severe weather
to the scale of "hundred year storms" every few years.
>some sea level rise
rendering the most desirable real estate in large parts of the Western hemisphere worthless, several major cities uninhabitable, and the whole of Florida into a cross between a salt marsh and an archipelago.
>a few other issues like that
Running crown wildfires east of the Mississippi. Aquifer depletion everywhere. Big chunks of flood plains, arid areas, and the tropics unsuitable for human habitation altogether. And that's before global geopolitics.

most simply....

Using geology you can see the history of the world and understand the cycles it goes through...such as ice ages and tropical ages and such.

we are in a delicate temperate age that is actually unusual for our planet for it to last this long...and since the last ice age ending (the hudson bay caused events in which over a single day the ocean level rose up to 40ft) completely changed the life of this planet by killing an estimated 70% ...because the amount of land lost to the sea in southeast aisa alone was at least the landsize of china..
thus destabilizing the careful balance that is allowing us this temperate age seems pretty stupid

one massive issue that people don't seem to understand, however, is that the farming industry, electrical industry, Manufacturing/Processing industry, Logging industry, Military Complex, Mining Industry, and the pollution exported into the sea

are the contributors to our current problems...but those don't cost the poor-class money...only the rich...thus....you have to make it a poor-class problem and excuse more taxes and fees on the poor

Socio-economic class sabotage/warfare

Yeah this is how I know this is bait, no one this retarded can actually use a computer and type.

understanding (like zelda windwaker) that the land we have now was the mountaintops or North/South enough to be completely covered in ICE

will help you understand the history of the world...and how you need to respect it.

again..in short.

adam's calendar....then......., sumeria/Old Testament, Babylon, Persian/Greek/macedonia, and the rest of the history of the region. and looking at the indigenous vs the invaders of the different regions(for example: the basque)

last thing is....watch the massive energy waves(they are microwaves) that burst from the US weather towers....and then watch how that effects storms...either causing early releases of rain to cause flooding or to cause drought further up the way.

or to attempt to control the path in which the storm travels...to curve it into land while it was going to bounce out...or the opposite if you want to naively think that way.

Unbareble heat isnt enoug?
how bout floods or maybe sea temp rise, leading to less oxygen disolving in the water and killing off fish, cutting off 1 food source?
why not just... U know... Just fucking google it?

if you think that the only consequince of killing off marine life...is that we are losing 'one' source of food.......

this hurts me in its ignorance.

I love this thread

Attached: 917F68BUtcL._SY450_.jpg (412x450, 38K)

I wonder how white people will be blamed for this one?

Attached: slave-ship_Picture1.jpg (889x1039, 243K)

funny how many men there are.
"You stay here and suffer I'll go find work"
"I'll send you money so you can buy dirt pies"

Attached: TrollFace.jpg (3840x2160, 315K)

climate change.
Damn whites.
didn't it come out recently that the chinks never stopped pumping HCFCs into the atmosphere...
lol
we fucked

Attached: a.jpg (625x853, 89K)

It's called MONEY you fucking autist

Look, Terra's gonna chug along just fine. The dirtball will outlast all the living junk without question. What you should be concerned about is whether or not it remains habitable for the humans that create and supply the entertainment box you're currently plugged into. And the guys that make the food you ate. And the food itself.

b/c in 50 years the Texas may be inhabitable

you seem to be missing some education or common sense, go fuck your cousin or something

also, google methane release in thawing permafrost

We should send China the refugees but they would end up in concentration camps or in Sweet and Sour "Pork"

Attached: a.jpg (1000x462, 44K)

Climate Change, or Climate Crises or Climate Emergency or whatever new name they've given it this week, is a dead issue. And it isn't dead because oil companies spread misinformation or because people 'deny science' or whatever bullshit excuse the climate crises promoters push.

It's dead because the promoters have had control for 30 years now. They've had most of the media as cheerleaders, had the Left AND the Right in every major Nation (yes Republicans used to push it too) and have had the support of pretty much all the Universities and Science Associations.

And they've spent TRILLIONS on it. On building Renewables. On Climate Justice payoffs. On giant conventions and meeting several times a year, that tens of thousands fly to, in exotic locations.

And it's done NOTHING! the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere has continued to rise at exactly the same rate. Electricity prices in many Western Nations have doubled and doubled again, and large segments of our industries have fled to 3rd world countries. It has been completely useless.

And the Climate Crises promoters continue to act like it's all OUR fault that nothing has gotten better. That we haven't spent enough, or haven't 'believed' enough. They continue to demand more money, more control, more POWER over everything me do or think. And they will NEVER STOP. Because they aren't actually DOING ANYTHING that would stop it.

It's a dead issue. It's dead because nobody believes it's going to change.

For teh lulz: rampant deforestation, colonization, and the wide exploitation of first timber for charcoal, then anthracitic coal. White Pennsylvanians drilled the first oil well; white industrialists built the mill and the railroad and the car. Mass white imperialism pushed all the other ethnicities to try to behave like the whites, exporting this carbon-dense lifestyle.

Bonus lulz: the Columbian Dying may have been responsible for the vast herds of buffalo, flocks of passenger pigeons, and regrowth of huge forests previously felled / managed by the millions of dead natives. Genghis Khan had earlier killed so many motherfuckers that European forests regrew and dropped global temperatures several degrees.

Fans dont help with humidity which they predict in places like SE asia will be so high osmosis cant take place on the skin and people will die from over heating due to being unable to sweat.

It's almost like Davos doesn't give a fuck about us, and getting rich off the motions of climate change are more important than actually addressing the problems.

There was a French doctor that had a prescription for this.

I didnt say its the only 1

Earth is not going to last forever.
Stick houses being the pinnacle of African tech are not going to ensure existence.
3rd world countries do not innovate.
China does not innovate.
They both steal tech from 1st world countries.
And they do is stupidly.

Whites are already planning to leave this dirt ball.
Hopefully leaving the tardlings behind though if we bring them they will most likely break off into their own groups and die.
Die because we have all seen what happens when even the most "mathematically" minded humans do with innovation.
>see rekt threads.

>pic
who.int/news-room/detail/27-09-2016-who-releases-country-estimates-on-air-pollution-exposure-and-health-impact

Attached: 1-1-e14755004239821.jpg (509x371, 31K)

Only stupid children and Millennials (but I repeat myself) still believe in all this Climate Crises bullshit. We've had "Only X more years to save the Planet" for over 3 decades, and it's still no closer. The vast majority of their predictions have failed. And the longer they go without being right about anything, the shriller and more demanding they become.
And now every single example of weather is played up like it's never happened before. Every drought is 'permanent' until the next rainfall. Every hot day is 'the new normal' until it gets cold gain. "Children won't know what snow is", but a cold snowy winter is also proof of 'extreme weather'.
It'll go on as long as they can suck money out of the Government. One that dries up, they'll move on to the next 'Crises'.

Just as they've always done.

this.
Liberals are just the hippies of the early 21st century.
Nothing ever really changes.

I know you're joking but still,
the whole thing is a scam

Attached: Df1O1T4UEAARL18.jpg (960x720, 94K)

based

Attached: 1557119602140.png (468x468, 11K)

>why people are freaking out about climate change
Before you ask "why", first ask "if".
Are people [who?] actually "freaking out" [what?] about climate change [how?]

>Lives inland and upstream
>Only have to deal with a slight chill in winter

Sweaters work for me pussy

Answer a series of simple questions. Use whatever quantified data source you'd like.
>Was the decade 1980-1989 hotter than every other decade on record since the advent of modern uniform temperature measurement?
>Was the decade 1990-1999 hotter still?
>Was the decade 2000-2009 hotter still?
>Regardless of how 2019 turns out, has the decade 2010-2019 been hotter still?
>Are you capable of reading a trend line?

Never mind saving the planet. The status of reality is easily identified, you absolute fucking mong.

> let's say it's real
Let's not

Are you fucking dumb? How are you gonna “put a sweater on” if there are constant gigantic storms, hurricanes, floods, and ice melting into the oceans. The sun will dry out the land if there aren’t enough rainy days to counter balance the scorching hot dry climate. Take a science class dude, literally any scientist will agree that man made emissions are causing the climate xatostrophe