Global warming is going to kill us all. Soon. So why bother?

Global warming is going to kill us all. Soon. So why bother?

Attached: download.jpg (237x213, 7K)

To spite you.

Attached: skele3.gif (450x247, 1.93M)

I wish it was.

No it isn't. The globe is cooler than it's been bor most of its existence.

Nice you took the greenpill

Evidence

Attached: sides.png (192x191, 26K)

Thank you, Mr. Skeltal.

At least it will make you shut up.

thank you ivan putin

It's *alway* been THE END OF THE WORLD. Back in the 80's it was nuclear armageddon, in the 90's it was the ozone layer, then killer bees, then Y2K. Then it was asteroids, then it was 2012, then it was asteroids again, now it's CO2. Next will be martian bacteria or some shit.

Psh, we're all on /b dude. What are you expecting? "Live life to the fullest while you still can" lmao that's worked for all of us already. You don't matter and neither do any of us, global warming be damned.

We have 12 years according to the world's leading expert, so just live fast, die young, and leave e compostable corpse

I mean it won't if we don't let it

That user is 100% right. We've come a bit from the glacial max, but we're still in an ice age. For most of the planet's long history, there was no ice at the poles.

Climate change is still a problem because the species that currently exist are adapted to the current environment, not the warm geological past. But for fuck's sake, learn some basic science.

OP right now

Attached: edgyedgy.jpg (1177x686, 93K)

We just need one to work. Just one.

>a problem because the species that currently exist are adapted to the current environment
Hi, and welcome to billions of years of history. Every time the climate changes, the "current" species either adapt or die to make room for another species better adapted to the new environment.
Nihil novi sub sole.

Normally, the change is gradual, taking millions of years. That gives speciation time to happen.

The 5 times an environmental change happened faster, biological diversity crashed so hard it took 10 to 20 million years to recover.

Species normally last a 1 million years, maybe 2. We don't be around to see a recovery.

So this will be the sixth time, and life will go on. Also I think you're selling short the obstinance of humanity. We are the one and only organism on this rock that can adapt *deliberately*. The only multicellular life form less likely to die out is cockroaches.

We might be okay, if we don't screw up something too fundamental like the oceans. But there's still value to having the other species around.

The ocean is where all life originated, and the circumstances under which that happened were:
>no ozone layer
>very little CO2
>unfiltered solar radiation baking the surface
In other words, indescribably worse than the conditions we have or are capable of causing.
>But there's still value to having other species
That won't stop. Every species that dies out makes room for another to grow. We, for example, are able to have the civilization we have today because there are no longer giant fucking lizards running around everywhere.

really? oh wow, I'm so relieved.. here I've been listening to all these so called clima experts all these years, but then anonymous user on an anonymous image sharing board came and told me the truth, and put all my fears to rest.

thank you, kind user anonymous nobody.

Goofy Goober

And that's the problem

do you know the real reason we no longer hear about the hole in the ozone layer?

It closed up.

You seem a bit confused about the genesis of life. it's true there was no ozone layer or CO2, but that's because life predated oxygen in the atmosphere. In fact, the Oxygen Catastrophe that introduced significant amounts was caused by cyanobacteria developing photosynthesis. As far as we can tell, life dates as far back as the oldest rocks. When it originated (or fell to earth, if you believe in xenogenesis), the Earth wasn't just hot, it hadn't even formed stable cratons. It was probably mostly magma.

But none of that is relevant today, because evolution is adaptation to specific environments, not those long ago conditions. And saying that bacteria will survive no matter what we do do the Earth isn't much of an argument, and saying new will emerge is just a slightly weaker version of the same thing. The point is that we're heading toward losing a massive amount of diversity, and there are consequences. It's not that life will end, but ecoysystems will become much less complex and any natural recovery will take so long our species won't see it.

Your mom finally closed her legs?

Mood

It's almost like one of those simulation games, where someone keeps triggering a disaster event, and we were all just a clown world for some higher being's entertainment. But that could never happen, right? r-right?

Attached: light_cantrip.png (678x684, 419K)

bingo, and do you know why it's closed up?
well, seeing that she's dead.. yeah, but no casua lol.

You're actually reinforcing my point. We are not capable of killing the planet. That humanity does not have an indefinite guarantee of adaptability is fundamental to begin with. We will, of course, be *very* hard to put down considering our ingenuity and breeding habits. Sooner or later, though, we're going to have to get out of the way of the next dominant species.

We probably have zero chance of wiping out viruses and bacteria, but we could probably wipe out complex multicellular life if we put ours minds to it. And that would make the planet's recovery hard to predict. Based on the apparent absence of complex multicellular life everywhere else, there's a reasonable chance the Ediacaran was a wildly improbable fluke, and Earth wouldn't develop complex life again, before the Sun envelopes the Earth. That would effectively if not technically be the end of life.

And I don't think there's any chance we'll ever be replaced by a more successful species, at least not on Earth. We've won, everything, and there's no room for anything else to take our place unless we suicide or leave. And we've even become self-evolving, so whatever we become may figure out a way to continue indefinitely (by that the point, the traditional concept of species will become irrelevant for describing us).

Believing in the jewish conspiracy. I could educated you but why bother , you are a thrall.

lol k /pol/

>Cockroaches
I love the half-witted kind of people it takes to assume that cockroaches are miracle survivors. You've never kept roaches, have you? I am a reptile breeder and I keep three feeder colonies of roaches. These little niggers die at the drop of a hat, it is CONSTANT work to keep conditions viable for them.

There is not enough material wealth in this world for the human species to go on through drastic environmental change using deliberate technological adaptation. That isn't to say no humans would survive the way you describe, but it will not be a majority, it will be only the wealthy and powerful. And they aren't necessarily the best of us. So I feel like trying to prevent the accelerated nature of our current climate track of still the best course of action, and denying that it is a problem is foolish.

Shit man you got a point

Don't forget the extinction crisis, folks. It's related to and potentially more threatening than the climate crisis.

One million species are at risk of extinction in the next few decades, if not sooner. Think human civilization can survive when the pollinators are all gone? We can't even begin to fathom the effects of ecological collapse.

>I could educated you

Attached: 656535.gif (350x323, 1.66M)

The why bother is that there's still a chance we could allow human life to continue in some form, or seed a future civilization and avoid complete extinction.

The why bother is also why just pull your pants down and let corporations fuck you in the ass into oblivion? I'm going down fighting.

Hey man, have you heard of Extinction Rebellion? I work with one of their chapters in the US.

>my town won't be underwater until about 50 years from now