Can someone explain the LOTR story to a brainlet? I don't really understand it...

Can someone explain the LOTR story to a brainlet? I don't really understand it. I get that some nigger wanted to rule middle earth and had a lot of power, but why did he put ALL of his power into the ring? And how do you explain the fact he was so powerful, but got his fingers cut off so easily? I dunno, I'm just not getting it at all. Help?

Attached: LOTRFOTRmovie.jpg (1026x1500, 481K)

The whole story, in short: God dude sings the world into existence. Powerful sub god dudes fight over the world. As they fight they weaken. Sub sub God dude makes ring of last remaining power. You know the rest.

I still don't get it. Why put all of your power into the ring?

Bump for interest

>put power into master ring.
>bind lesser rings to master ring.
>rule the rulers who we war the lesser rings to control the world.

Ring had to be powerful to control those who wore the lesser rings.

Tldr; the elves are immortal dicks who sit around doing nothing.

But if he was so strong before, why not just fight everyone as is? It just seems like he made himself vulnerable for nothing

But how were they so easily tricked into accepting the rings?

he didn't put ALL of his power in the ring. he still was powerful otherwise they wouldn't have had to worry about him especially if they had the ring. his power was growing over time as well so even when they were trying to destroy the ring he wasn't at his full might. yes he needed the ring to reach absolute full power because he sacrificed some of himself when he made it, but he would still be a very powerful maiar after he gathered all his strength.

sauron is a maiar. they are like a lower order of "angels" or gods in middle earth. back in the day elves commonly fought maiar. gandalf and saruman is a maiar. so they can be considered roughly on the same level of power, though gandalf feared sauron and didn't think he could beat him in a fight and indeed his whole purpose in middle earth was not to fight but to inspire the inhabitants to fight for themselves. also the balrog gandalf fought was a maiar. also back in the day of the war of the ring numenoreans were very powerful men and they were about on the same level of strength as elves, but a bit below, so they could also fight sauron even though it would be like you and me fighting mike tyson. yeah you'll probably get killed but there's some dude out there they may be able to pull it off.

Attached: pepe_petate_chep.png (1172x675, 32K)

The elves were mostly wiped out in the previous age, fighting against Morgoth (Sauron's much more powerful boss). They were only a handful left and their power was waning

Sauron poured his hate and malice into a ring and some short niggers picked it up

> But how were they so easily tricked into accepting the rings?
greed for power and knowledge, even the elves succumbed to it.

deceived into taking the rings, IIRC sauron used a "puppet" to distribute the rings.

Also they can still be killed, they just don't die of old age.

At the time, Sauron was exceedingly beautiful and everyone thought he was a good guy. He only became super-ugly after he was beaten the first time

tolkien would cry if he read this. you should stop.

The thread is going to be this over and over m8. Leave now lol.

i dont get it

What was that post?

Attached: 1556511777232.png (719x141, 25K)

This thread is gonna be a hotbed of Tolkien autism, holy shit.

why delete that lol

i replied to the wrong post!

Read 'The Silmarillion' OP.

It will explain everything and nothing of inception of middle earth.

Do you happen to know where I can get this fucking shit for free?

I'm sure you can find a torrent somewhere of an epub or pdf file.
Just google it.

i gave you the straight up answer right here!

Got it

I'm asking for a link, my friend

Attached: 1554798581203.jpg (552x960, 94K)