I'm fairly certain that there is a "voice of God" and that it's the kind of thing that is automatically signature...

I'm fairly certain that there is a "voice of God" and that it's the kind of thing that is automatically signature verified, and that kind of thing comes trucking through with the audio-visual in a kind of meta-data that people, computers, and the things in between can sort of read or understand "nearly instantly."

Attached: boomer sunset.jpg (480x360, 12K)

wat

its in you as well user
its in us all

What is?

I'm fairly certain that you're mentally ill. Hope things work out better for you in the future.

the voice of God

Look, another delusional atheist.

Meaning what?

>not having auditory hallucinations makes you delusional
wew lad

its why you do what you do
see what you see
say what you say
hear what you hear

It's my brain?

My life is centered on humility and submission through Christ. Yours on selfishness and pride, anger and resentment. The mere mention of God the Father crashes your entire world view. These are just simple observations.

whats the difference

My observations have been the opposite. You can't handle the mere idea that there are people who don't buy into your fantasy.

Between what?

What makes you think that, Brother?

what you call a brain another might call his creator
it makes no difference
it commands you to experience
you can close your eyes but you will still see darkness

Why would you call your brain your creator?

I'm rationally discussing it with you, and you're irrationally yelling about how your life centers around hatred for something you claim you don't believe in. What's the appeal of your atheist religion anyway?

I haven't said anything about hatred, much less about my life centering around it. I can only conclude that you're a lazy troll.

Were you hoping for a high-effort troll on Yea Forums?

It's been known to happen from time to time.

it is why you experience
your brain is the conduit
the only matter of debate is where the data originates
enough with these silly questions
ask something of importance this time

It's also part of me, so saying it created me is kinda odd. I can't really ask you anything until you clarify what you're talking about.

Your self exists only within the medium of your brain. You are not your body, you are a consciousness created by your body and rooted in your brain.

you are not your brain
you are but your thoughts

The brain is part of your body, so if your self exists only within the medium of your brain then part of your body is necessarily your self.

My thoughts are part of my brain though.

It's all just electricity. Still one of the most fascinating things "we" have no real understanding of.

No, because you could cut your hand off and still be yourself.

Debatable, but even if true it wouldn't change that part of your body is necessarily your self, it just wouldn't be that part.

how do you know that they are generated instead of received?

Because purely physical changes to the brain change them.

Your self emerged after your body already existed, so the brain was its creator.

Is your self even a meaningful concept?

Attached: op-2.jpg (181x203, 14K)

Meaningful, yes, albeit not so easy to define. When I type this message to you, my self wants to communicate with yours. Your eyes will have to see it, your muscles will type out any response you give, but we're both ghosts in our machines reaching out to each other.

and a cracked glass might spill water yet the water originates not from the glass

The point is more that glass can hold water.

I'm not convinced that self isn't merely an illusion, a property that has emerged from a certain level of complexity. I am not convinced that the "you" that reads this is the same "you" that wrote that.

A crack in the glass will not turn water into pepsi.

That's not unreasonable, but observation shows that there is value to be gained by assuming people to have selves even if they are illusory.

Perhaps, but behaving as if something were true does not make it true.

We don't have any solid reason to believe it's not true; we gain something by assuming it is. What more is knowledge?

Justified true belief, and neither not having solid reason to believe something is not true nor assuming it is true being convenient serve as justification.

All of that can hold true even when the justification is not valid. Knowledge?

It isn't knowledge if the justification is not valid.

Also known as schizophrenia.

Then you would need to know that the justification is valid...

We can never actually know if we know something, yes.

its not just valid its automatically signature verified

So it makes sense to adopt a utilitarian attitude. We don't know whether something is true, but we observe that life makes more sense and we can get along better if we assume that it is.

Not so much assume that it is true as behave as though it were.

Fair beans. So while we haven't enough information about the self to draw any solid conclusion, it makes sense to act as though it exists until we observe something to suggest that our hypothesis could be improved upon.

Sure.

Things are cooking, I reckon we can probably prove or disprove the existence of the allmighty here

I don't see how.

Quitters never win, winners never quit.

The most you could get from our current train of conversation is if you should act as though the allmighty exits or does not exist.

One of those options must be the right one. I mean, or neither.

Yes, if we act as though logic works, then we say that either zero or one of those options must be right.

If you have a biological brain, and you uh, see through one set of eyes and hear through one set of ears, I’d love to hear someone chime in and say that; but I frankly don’t feel like that’s congruous with my observations.
Again, nearly all of it is non verbal and unconfirmed when I probe
which is part of the reason I feel like it’s an “evil trick”
but you don’t see masses of people responding almost in unison to what you are thinking as you walk down the street and not wonder how that could go unnoticed by anyone else
There are of course plausible alternative explanations
I could be walking through a layer of simulation distinct from everyone else, and be the only one seeing it
“evil trick” comes to mind
and I’m pretty sure there are enough people touching their noses and coughing to at least tell me that what I’m experiencing is actually happening.

Not meaning in any way to disrespect you my friend, but it does sound as though you might need the help of a qualified psychiatrist.

People touching their noses and coughing might be a virus that's going around.

I think the argument is sound, though nobody seems to agree, as I stare at relative verbal silence and literally no visible response to “message everywhere” on stuff that I personally find to be interesting and topically important to our here, now, and future.
Clear and to the point, our written truth tables suck, and the “indication” is that it is a poor sign to logically “intersect” with invisible or non-written versions anything like that, if you are thinking clearly.

OK, maybe you are observing messages hidden to everyone else, implying you can see some different level of reality. But when other people have been in that situation, it's always turned out to be a symptom of a mental illness like schizophrenia. Do you have any reason for being certain that doesn't apply to you too?

There’s really no discussion
the mass possession that I see here is a SICKNESS
whether or not you think “it’s you in another place” or not
that cannot be verifiable without completely destroying your brain and replacing it with a virtualized simulation
one we should see is corrupt and causing further corruption
probably the cause of “the downward spiral” towards a complete lack of freedom and self
You idiots seem to forget you were born here, and this is your home and the source of pretty much everything we hold dea
the audacity of the skies to come here and torment us is unbelievable
worse your lack of respect for our values being dismembered is a sure sign that the end is near

Can you expand on that at all?

heres a perfect example
I’m staring at a world that appears to be oblivious to the fact that we aren’t really time travelers on a journey to the future
that we aren’t capable of “existing in multiple times or dimensions”
and the technological chain that is making me see is at the sametime taking away something that we all deserve
freedom and autonomy

I got the feeling that we are travelling to the future. I remember being me in the past, and all the things I did in those different times. Have I been bamboozled?

Consider dialing down the stupidity from 11 to a cool 9.5 and see if that helps.

Well you shouldn't really need to look for any more reasons why the world and you and everyone around you will benefit tremendously from "the truth" and from this grand idea
this is truly the natural progression of "civilization" in a place where people clearly see the benefits of not having to age and die
specifically we don't need jacks on the back of our necks
we don't need to go to sleep for 4 hours in some kind of Matrix chamber and have time-dilated "dreams" to experience other worlds

What you are saying does not make a great deal of sense.

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (200x200, 13K)

I resemble that comment.