How do you deal with the fact you will die one day?

How do you deal with the fact you will die one day?

Attached: iStock-175413535.jpg (730x486, 30K)

I don't.

i don't

By looking forward to it.

Attached: aca1e508d15966c80b580a42dfe86589.jpg (768x1024, 108K)

The destination is the same for all.
The journey is what defines us.

I try to look it full in the face. What will it really be like to die? To know that my time is up, that its finally happened. That my whole life was gone in a blink, never to return. The complete obliteration of everything that was ever I. Think about it.

The stoics say to picture how you would imagine your final minutes to be. It can be overwhelming but build up to it. Home invasion, psycopath is about to kill you... Do you quiver and die or fight? Do that a lot. You(')r(e) gonna die. Prep for it. Imagine it. It actually makes the thought easier over time.

Also why the hell am I giving real advice on Yea Forums. Try never to go outside, never go on an airplane and never get in a car...

realize that its natural and everybody dies

>Home invasion, psycopath is about to kill you... Do you quiver and die or fight?
Weaksauce. That's just heroic fantasy bullshit. You want to really know what the existential dread of death feels like? Imagine yourself lying in a hospital bed with terminal cancer. Imagine yourself suddenly getting into a horrifying car accident. Thinking about some noble death, that's just masturbatory fantasy. That's not facing reality.

The billions of years before I existed never inconvenienced me in the slightest and neither will the next billion.

Sometimes it keeps me up at night... what’s it like after death? Is there in fact some kind of afterworld? I doubt it but I hope there is. I’m not religious or anything but I don’t want death to be just black emptiness. Just nothing. Being gone for an eternity without my thoughts or consciousness. As a fire fighter fag the threat is all too real

this
it can't happen fast enough for me. I'm not living, I just existing. If someone was to point a gun in my face, I would tell them to pull the trigger

It's a relief.

doctors told my aunt that she had a week to live. she wouldn't eat or talk to anyone. she spent the week in her bed crying

I ask my self what I wish I'd done when I'm on my death bed. Then I plan and execute that wish because future me will appreciate it. My bucket list is almost empty. Remember this: If you've sucked all the juice out of life, there will be nothing to miss.

Attached: 1554536026426.jpg (3024x4032, 1.51M)

I write myself into ear worms and then live in other peoples heads rent free. If you cant do earworms, you’re fucked after death.

Physicists are under the impression these days that Data is much like energy in the sense that it can never be truly destroyed. So, what happens to all Your data? If its not destroyed, then it must "go" somewhere. I think of it from the perspective of the whole universe being one cohesive "thing." The data exists and can't unexist, like energy. So your data, much like everything elses, eventually gets added to wherever this data is "recorded." So you, your actions, your thoughts, while they end at a specific point, they're not really gone. Everything about you will continue to influence the entire universe for the rest of its existence. Your actions cannot be undone, and they in turn cause an infinite number of reactions throughout the rest of time.

Yeah. Imagine that. What would you do during that week?

I feel indifferent about it because I know everyone will die eventually. It saddens me more to think about loved ones passing away.

Wait until you get older and everyone you know starts dying off

A friend of mine battled a cancerous brain tumor for a little under a year before dying in a hospital bed. He'd been born with spina bifida and dealt with bladder cancer in his late 20's as well; he was 35 when the brain tumor killed him. He'd struggled his whole life and it was almost a strange kind of relief to see him pass peacefully, in his sleep.

He was a good friend, one of the best I've ever had. I visited him a lot during the last few days and those were rough days. He was pale and thin, all his muscles had deteriorated and he was mentally far, far away. He didn't recognize people, couldn't communicate, could just lay in bed and look around a bit. It was not something I'd wish on anyone and to see him go like that was eye opening. It really put a lot of things into perspective. But that's the reality of it though, that's the way a lot of us will go; in a hospital bed, sick and weak, after a battle with something we can't even see.

I just accept it.

We all die one day, it's part of life.

I don't fear it I just live. When my times comes I'll either die alone or with family.

Real death is dreadful, grim, horrible stuff. Avoid dying of cancer or organ failure in a hospital bed at all costs.

you see a lot of people think of the body as a motor,and when that motor turns off the power it was making stops being made and it dies/

I think of the body as a television that has a show on,when the tv dies eventually or breaks the tv might be dead but the signal still exists and goes on without the tv

>avoid dying in a hospital bed
Amen to that. I know why warriors of old always wanted to die in battle, despite the horrid brutality of death by stabbing. Watching someone go over a long time from illness? Fuck that.

That's not what scares me though. Getting squished is what freaks me out. Car accident. Even with the casual perusal of rekt threads really drives home the point of how quickly you can die either from or in a car. I just don't wanna get squished.

I don't care how I die

Sounds like an irrational fear. There are plenty of grim ways to go, each one worse than the last. But worrying about one specific one is probably some kind of phobia or something.

You might in the few seconds before death.

>irrational
I would be inclined to agree, if it wasn't for the fact that car deaths are like second only to cancer in the US.
>Nearly 1.25 million people die in road crashes each year, on average 3,287 deaths a day.
That's a lot. You know how all those people die in those car crashes?
>Squish
Nope nope nope

Yeah, something like that.

Listen peoples, dying isn't even a tragedy. The real tragedy is not really living. If you can say you lived a full meaningful life, it's not even that sad. If you just derp through life, afraid of death the whole time, and don't even achieve whatever it is you want to be, and didn't even try all that hard.... that is fucking hideous.

You dont have to deal with shit, it just happens

and btw I'm basically failing right now wasting time here so.... goodbye.

the few seconds before death I"ll hardly feel anything.

Besides, if you're so focused on death and so worried about it; you will never truly be alive.

>truly be alive.
what a load of garbage. That's just what stupid faggots who get themselves killed say.

drinking and being a literal clown. i love the circus sideshow circuit and it helps me make light of my own mortality. life deserves to be laughed at.

>the real tragedy is not really living

which is why many philosophers feel anger to things like slavery, you take away someones ability to push their full potential at life

If that's your fear, then just stop wearing a seat-belt.

Fuck outta here. This is a good thread and we don't need angry cod kids coming in here trying flamebait everyone

Can you justify that statement?

Getting smeared across the interstate isn't much better.

Yes, i'm not dead, and its pretty swell.

Optimistic nihilism

I've accepted it, it's natural.
I try to enjoy the time I have inbetween birth and death.

Who gives a shit? I'll be dead by then anyway.

I agree with them. The main purpose and reason for beeing for any society should be to ensure that as many people as possible are given the freedom to engage in the pursuit of happiness. If that is not the case, then the society does not fulfill it's most important duty to it's people and it's a malignant system.

That's not a justification of your statement, I need an actual argument

Attached: 27284773.png (369x436, 317K)

Hentai

>be me
>die
>mfw

It is if the impact is sufficiently high enough. Just make sure to drive on fast roads in a small old car and you don't have to worry any more. Either go go from A to B safely, or you don't and you'll never have time to realize.

Don't think about it/try not to care/see it as a peaceful exit

Being dead isn't hard, dying is.

>implying death is a bad thing
hah

A combination of nihilism, general apathy, low level functional alcoholism, dark 'ironic' humor, escapism into various fantasy worlds through movies, video games and table tops, boredom eating, and spending all my free time stressing over my attempts to pursue the career I want in life not working out this far.

It's great.

Attached: 1552523156036.jpg (641x626, 84K)

Doctor fuckin house.

I would say living is harder than dying.

That was a tv show you obese moron

>I would say living is harder than dying.

Then you're living wrong.

>that was a tv show

I know.

I was making a reference. Are you going to be in this thread just to insult people?

What career is that user?

“I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.”

― Mark Twain

Enjoy the ride, expect to die alone and pathetically. Realize everyone will go out the same, and there is no winning. Realize there is no loosing either. It is what it is, and doesn't have to spoil the fleeting moments of levity.

And when we die, we would have no idea we're dead.

It's like dreamless sleeping.

I don't get why it should stress you out, it's just a fact of life. Everyone dies. Make the most of this short window of opportunity

>Doctor fuckin house.

Good show. Case in point: A bad way to go would be like that guy who got infected from pigeon poop.

My philosophy is to worry about it when it happens.

If you think about it, what is it that's scary about death? Isn't it the fact that you won't get to experience something you want to experience? If you agree, then it follows that if you do all the things you want to do so many times that they become boring and you become jaded with life, you will no longer worry about dying.

I don't really fear death but what comes after it and how i die. Plenty of times i wish i didn't exist so i won't have to think about this shit.

But distractions are the way i cope i guess

I can agree some deaths are more painful than other deaths, but if you don't fear death you are truly living your life.

You ever read "The stranger/outsider"?

I don't die. I never have. Let me know how it goes man

>You ever read "The stranger/outsider"?

No, but I've read the myth of Sisyphus and the Wiki article about absurdism. Seems like a good middle ground between nihilism and self deception to me.

I will never die how dare you even suggest that

>then you're living wrong

sometimes that isnt the guy's fault. Chronic pain, lack of education, lack of enough funds for survival.

I try to enjoy the time I have by getting drunk and stoned and having a good time.

I've read that as well

You will love the outsider/stranger

It's basically an entire book on how death is pointless and the guy is executed without a shred of fear. He just enjoyed the cries hate, the hate of death.

He's still living wrong in such a case, it's just not his fault. My point is that for most people, life is bearable. My absolute sympathy for those who suffer in life though, life is not fair and that is a tragedy.

i've been a nihilist for a while now and i dont find the lack of a grand purpose or afterlife depressing or sad, i actually think is a little liberating.
It makes me realise that in the end my mistakes dont mean anything either and even if my life is a little terrible by the standards of a normal person, it doesnt bother me because i know i will never be happy if i only care about being happier.
I realise i can never get everything that would make me happy, instead its a lot easier to change what makes me happy and if i can be happy with absolutely nothing, then imagine how happy i will be when i finally achieve something. If i had everything i could only lose what i have and never gain anything, it would be all downhill, so i try to keep myself climbing, even when something fails i can take solice in the fact that going down gives me more opporturnities to go up.

tl;dr i'll be happy wether you think i should be or not, because i dont give a fuck.

Well yeah.

That was my point as well.

I always like to say "You're right, life is unfair, But are you?"

To quote Spike from Cowboy Bebop:

"Whatever happens, happens."

I've read a summary of it now, I'll check it out. Let me counter with The Death of Ivan Ilyich by Tolstoj. It's a short read as well on the same topic, but the protagonist have to suffer through his own prolonged death while everybody around him acts like idiots.

Smoke and drink

Attached: 1558785834449.gif (220x192, 237K)

I wish for it to come sooner rather than later.

>while everyone acts like idiots

lol

I take it back, there is one thing I fear about dying. That i'll be surrounded by idiots who leave me to die or makes it worse.

Evening Yea Forumsrothers

I don't know what's worse, they being idiots while you're dying or knowing as you take your last breath that they'll get to still be around and be idiots for a while after you've kicked the bucket.

>be me
>2 days ago
>fatass cousin is in hospital with stage 4 cancer in his both his kidneys
>he always bullied me as a kid anyway so I didn't really care
>he was like 340 pounds when he first got cancer but after getting chemo and all his meds instead of shrinking down to a skeleton he now just looks like a pale as shit Voldemort with a nose
pic related

Attached: 5ee36733fc43f716fb03f556b3c9ffebe9612f93r1-407-595v2_uhq.jpg (407x595, 34K)