So my honda civic 2010 paint job looks like this on the roof, hood and trunk. I'm at 85...

so my honda civic 2010 paint job looks like this on the roof, hood and trunk. I'm at 85,000 miles on the car and feel like it would cost thousands to fix.

anybody with knowledge about cars have similar experiences dealing with having a car repainted or even doing it themselves? I'd like to get it fixed because I plan on keeping the car for several more years but I don't want to walk into overpaying to get it fixed.

Attached: 785e2aee-cca6-1033-b743-4c3114d2dee3r.jpg (1024x768, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zqdg_Gnq2sM
youtube.com/watch?v=fYR1hyTcoFE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

put butter on top.

btw are you living in australia or norhtern NZ. all cars there look like that.

no, I'm in NY

Wash your fucking car when bird's shit on it. Guarantee that's why it fucked your clear coat

anytime a bird has shit on my car I've washed it with dish soap in just that spot. this has happened over time.

again, I'm looking for input on anybody whose repainted a car/have had it repainted.

yes I'm a moron for letting my car get to this point, lets just agree on that to avoid retarded replies going forward.

and yes I'm aware this is what happens when you use Yea Forums for advice so lets just make that clear now too.

Let's avoid retarded answers because I'm retarded and let my car get this bad.

Take it to a reputable shop near you and ask for a repair quote. It's not that fucking hard faggot. If you think you're smart enough to do it yourself then stay watching YouTube videos on how to paint, faggot

kill yourselves. If this was a thread about men dressing up like women you faggots wouldn't be complaining.

Get aircraft paint stripper and get off what you can. Use an 800 grit sandpaper on a random orbit sander to get down to base metal. Finally, take it to Mako for a cheap but acceptable paint job. Should be fine afterwards.

Go to your local auto shop and pick up some perfect match pain some primer and some clear coat also some sandpaper and a sanding brick you can fix your car for 100 bucks maybe 200 max

thanks a lot, I appreciate the input.

The paint is still there, gently wetsand with 1200 grit, so as to smooth it ever so slightly, do not do this too much , clear coat 3 coats, letting the 3rd coat be a little thicker to avoid orange peel.

Woah woah do not do this!

Cunt

You can save this just fade the clear coat around the incident area with a high grit sandpaper, and clear coat it yourself!

youtube.com/watch?v=Zqdg_Gnq2sM

OP here

the sanding part or going with MAACO? I wasn't actually going to sand the car myself but just get an estimate from MAACO

If you do this yourself it'll be like 10 USD at most.

As a 2007 Civic owner with the same problem, google "honda civic paint recall". Apparently some clear coat or something was shitty on a certain generation of civics. Honda offered to repaint the car, but I think that recall offer is closed. Maybe you could harass them into doing it anyways, idk. It doesn't bother me much personally.

cho babahaft oder so amk

DO NOT LISTEN TO THOSE RETARDS

The paint is fine, what you've got is flaking clear coat. You just need to wetsand the clear coat off with a very fine grit sandpaper, and then respray the clear

Of course proper prep is essential, you have to degrease the roof and clay bar it before you sand, and set up for the spray somewhere where dirt won't be constantly blowing onto your wet clear.

Also LESS IS MORE. A wet coat of clear is pretty much invisible other than looking kind of damp. If you can see it on the first coat, you're spraying too much

Yo, aber falscher Track
youtube.com/watch?v=fYR1hyTcoFE

Well that's your fucking problem. Dish Soap strips clear coat when you use it on car paint. Wax and good car wash solution will save you from that problem, seeing as a 9 year old car shouldn't look like it has goddamn eczema

Oder auch nicht, kein Plan
Honda Civic!

sand with 120grit paper. Powerwash with water only. Tape. Spray with krylon or rustolium black, and then a coat of aclearcoat

Results may varry, but better than massive rust spots.

would post pics but their on my phone. Just did my Shitbox truck i bought for 300 bucks

I don't have advice on how to fix the current condition, but once you have that addressed, you should start waxing the car. At only 9 years old, your clearcoat is in really bad condition. You've probably not been putting a protective layer of wax on it. I am a lazy person, so I just take my car to the carwash every 2-3 weeks and get the package that comes with the wax, probably costs like $22. This isn't a fancy carwash, just the one where they push it through an automated system that sprays water and wax on it and the workers do the rest.

This is not how you do this, this is for redneck paint jobs.
DO NOT FOLLOW THIS ADVICE FOR A GOOD PAINTJOB.

It's a 2010 Honda civic. It's a literal tampon on wheels.
Just ask one of your two dads who got you it to buy another one, they go for roughly 1-2 thousand at that year buying secondhand.
If they try to highball you on the price, hit them with your purse until they reconsider.

Attached: 1555718632337.jpg (500x378, 30K)

>dish soap

Now you know to never ever do that again. Clear coat is an organic polymer and thus is a distant cousin to the stuff dish soap is designed to dissolve off your plate, and dish soap attacks it.

Buy a bottle of quick detailer and keep it in your car for bird shit strikes, and only use actual car wash to wash your car. It's cheap.

Jesus Christ Cletus, that may be enough for your 500,000 mile 1993 F150 that's held together by rust and baling wire, but that's not how people with actual assets do stuff

vinyl wraps are really popular now as an alternative to repainting shit. look into that too.

of course this is a redneck paintjob. But it will protect the metal, and is easy to remove.

for proper with implement paint
120>primer>220+>paint>2k(ifneeded)>clear
Adjust for paint type. sandpaper choice may vary

That's what you get for being a little retarded faggot who buys a civic.
Like seriously you couldn't announce that you take cocks in your ass any louder if you tried.

Mechanic here, it's just the clearcoat and as many other anons have noted it's a pretty easy fix.

IMO, don't bother. The only one who cares is you. Just keep driving it.