Doesn't it suck when you realize most jobs have NOTHING to do with survival (aka the only thong that matters)?

Doesn't it suck when you realize most jobs have NOTHING to do with survival (aka the only thong that matters)?

People say "you should take pride in work". Usually RETARDS that are too brainless to actually register that their jobs don't serve society any purpose.

Most jobs are for-profit businesses. They just sell stupid luxuries. There's literally no point to most jobs.

Attached: 1553812655490.jpg (722x349, 83K)

>thong
Thing. I hate it when I press the wrong key.

user you are technically correct but I want an example of a pointless job that exists because chances are you are a lazy brainlet trying to justify doing shitty work

You're just talking in circles about nonsense. Survival? What the fuck are you leaving on about

Don't worry OP, once you graduate high school and get your first big boy job, you'll likely feel differently

I work a service job. I fix things for people. It's good enough purpose for me. Sorry you have a shitty mindset.

Use your fucking brain. An example is a company that sells luxury clothing, make up, watches, etc. and ANY job within those business.

An example of a useful job is farming for instance.

Lool idiot. What I am saying isn't rocket science
You are probably one of the retards I refer to.

Nope, retard. I graduated college and when I started working is when I began to realize jobs are mostly worthless noise. Dumbass.

It's called being OBJECTIVE? Lmao.

I also didn't say 100% of jobs, fool. Some useful service jobs would be like nursing for instance.

If retards will buy it the job isn’t useless.

You can't tell the difference between LUXURIES and NECESSITIES, huh?

Get the fuck over yourself dickface. What makes any of that worthless, because you said so? Oh no, people find stuff I don't like interesting and fun! Fuck off

>graduated college and hate the world for being exactly as good as you are
Sounds like you majored in some dumb shit

No, retard fuck face mother fucker ass wipe shitstain cum licker faggot bitch.

I am being OBJECTIVE.

OBJECTIVELY in the GRAND SCHEME OF THINGS, only jobs that help in SURVIVAL are actually NECESSARY.

Every other job is stuoid worthless noise.

NECESSITIES > LUXURIES

GROW A BRAIN, FUCKFACE

With what degree, cock sucking theory?

Fedoras and pipes are not interesting and fun. Quit deluding yourself that they make you cool.

>not an engineer
>not a cs
>must be stupid

Fuck off. Regardless of my major, my point still stands.

1. Shelter (i.e. architects,engineers, blue collar, etc.)
2. Food (some factories that package food, engineers, cs field, etc.)
3. Healthcare (nursing,doctors, etc.)
4. Law (judges, some lawyers, etc.)
5. Energy (engineers, blue collar, etc.)
6. Business (the ones that help maintain the businesses that deal with 1-5)

Those are the 6 types of jobs that are useful. Not EVERY job within the categories, but those are THE only catagories of jobs that actually matter and actually aid in survival.

Lol, yup, op DEFINITELY majored in something useless. Is that what this is really about OP, you're angry because you wasted years of your life?

This is for you, down syndrome

survival is trival for most people today

that is the reality you live in

>Fuck off. Regardless of my major, my point still stands
No actually it does not, because the odds are pretty high you majored in some stupid shit and you're a mouth breathing moron

Loool at you retards that want to attack ME instead of MY POINTS

That's how you know you've won. Not much of an accomplishment however since I'm basically arguing against down syndrome fucks.

Also, for you, retard:

You must so much fun irl, I'll bet you have at least one friend.

>being objective
>thinking any human is capable of this

You're as biased and subjective as anyone else. You just also happen to be self-loathing and cynical. How sad for you.

No, actually, it doesn't. FAIL

Get fucking rekt, retard.
Also, You want to gain leverage over me and since you know I am objectively right, you ignore my points and try to zero in on me like a down syndrome fuck because that's the only way you'll feel like you're winning. Did I nail it? Ya, I did. Get fucking destroyed.

Get rekt here:

Nope. Are you so retarded to think it's not possible for a human to actually ignore emotions and just analyze things like a robot? Reeeeetaaaaaard

Everyone abandon thread; OP is just another liberal snowflake who majored in English and works at McDonalds now

Lol

I am winning so hard You are in denial. That's pathetic as shit.

Attached: 1556096872386.png (625x626, 51K)

>I lost, but I can shit post at least!
Fail

Your point is opinion. You have taken it upon yourself to decide what "useful" means, assign a value to it and to other jobs and activities, then use your autodefined criteria to sanctimoniously declare that you are right about life in general and that you have the right to cast aspersions on everyone else through your delusion of grandeur.

Attached: NotDeep.jpg (480x478, 64K)

Just stop. He's either trolling, or he's far too arrogant to actually accept the truth.

See

Keep it up. We need people to flip our burgers.

>let me word things in a pompous and asinine way!
Are you a philosophy major by chance?

Well anyways, if you have your priorities skewed and actually believe LUXURIES > NECESSITIES, then sure. We can go full retard.

Yes. We can argue it is my opinion that NECESSITIES > SURVIVAL but your shit logic is actually pretty stupid when you consider the whole point of life is to try to survive in the first place.

That's why random animals reproduce. Because it is hard wired in life to try to stay alive and reproduce.

You are basically saying what we werehard d wired to do is "not the number one priority".

Fine. Instead of saying I am being "objective", I will say "what I am doing is differentiating between jobs that aid in survival to those that don't".

The WAY I differentiate however IS 100% objective.

Lol projecting?

You are the one with no real counter argument. Try this one: OBJECTIVELY SPEAKING, most jobs have NOTHING to do with SURVIVAL

....??? Those are one of the useless jobs I refer to, retard.

Most jobs in fact have nothing to do with survival.

>NECESSITIES > SURVIVAL

Meant to say luxuries. Not "survival".

The problem with your assumption is that we're not a species facing existential threats at this point. Our survival, at least on a day to day basis, is mostly secured. Of course, we're making the assumption that we're living in a modernized society. Otherwise, the discussion of luxury-based jobs is moot. Since we're making that assumption, survival isn't the highest priority. For instance, those nurses, architects, etc. Those "important" jobs that you listed. They all want entertainment after they get off work. They all want to have nice things, and live comfortably. Providing that for them, so they have the drive to get up, do their job, and earn money to get those things. Isn't that something of value as well?

AND I GOT QUADS FAGGOT

LISTEN TO MY WORDS

SATAN COMMANDS IT

>OBJECTIVELY SPEAKING, most jobs have NOTHING to do with SURVIVAL
True.
We no longer have to worry about it.
We've grown up, and created a society.
So if you want anyone to actually respect you, go full Proenneke and build your own cabin in Alaska.
Otherwise, you're just a whiny smartasshat.

Uhh survival isn't mostly secured, but whatever.
(78% of fulltime workers live paycheck to paycheck, 57% of fulltime working americans can't afford an extra 500 dollar bill, 50% of renters spend over 30% of their income on rent, etc etc etc).

>want to have nice things, and live comfortably. Providing that for them, so they have the drive to get up, do their job, and earn money to get those things. Isn't that something of value as well?

You assume entertainment is 100% ESSENTIAL to having people work.

Not only that, but EVEN IF entertainment WAS 100% essential to get people to work, you are ignoring how most jobs don't actually benefit survival in the first place making them moot.

With your assumption,it's basically a cycle of "work a job not useful for survival -> go home for entertainment -> repeat".

At the end of the day, it's a cycle that is basically pointless.

If you want to ignore the pointless jobs and just pretend that useful jobs existed and say THEY need entertainment, that would be another story if it could be backed up with data.

Another note is that we are not surviving efdiciently. Necessities would be priced at minimums for one thing for this to be able to happen (for example, cheap homes for minimalists aren't really a thing)

>we no longer have to worry about it
Lel
78% of fulltime workers live paycheck to paycheck (literally 1 paycheck away from homelessness), 57% of fulltime working americans can't afford an extra 500 dollar bill, 50% of renters spend over 30% of their income on rent, 25% total spend over 50% of their income on rent, etc.

People struggle to survive and fight off homelessness on a daily basis.

>57% of fulltime working americans can't afford an extra 500 dollar bill
Ignore the word "fulltime" on this one

Also, only 39% of americans can afford a 1000 dollar emergency in any given time

theres no use in trying to talk to these idiots OP

they will fight tooth and nail to keep their braindead minimum wage cuck job. as long as they can stuff their stupid face and stick their peepee in a women every now and then they dont care.

>it's a cycle that's basically pointless

And pray tell, what's the point of survival? Again, if you're going to apply this nihilist horse shit to everything in society, you really ought to take it to its logical conclusion. If there is a point, we're the ones who decide what it is. There's no "objective" point to anything, only subjective ones.

So in other words, you DON'T think survival is the number one priority.

You are the one being a sociopath nihilist... but ANYWAYS.. the point is there is none.
So why do I care? Because we are in FACT hardwired to survive. It is our INSTINCT.

That is why random organisms try to survive. Even the one's without brains. They try to survive because they are WIRED that way.

So... you CAN argue it is pointless to live, but with thay logic, literally EVERYTHING is pointless (including entertainment fyi).

Well, you seem to have missed my point entirely. What I'm saying is, there IS a point to many things in life, but it's a subjective point in every case. If you're simple-minded enough to default your line of thinking to simple biology and survival, then so be it. But as you said in the first post of this thread, that mentality sucks gigantic nigger cocks.

So enjoy your AIDS faggot.

Attached: 21320-ab12_61508.jpg (640x480, 53K)

>What I'm saying is, there IS a point to many things in life
That's an opinion just as it's my opinion that survival is the number 1 priority

>If you're simple-minded enough to default your line of thinking to simple biology and survival, then so be it
Simple minded for wanting to carry out what I was hard wired for? Retard spotted.

>But as you said in the first post of this thread, that mentality sucks gigantic nigger cocks.
>So enjoy your AIDS faggot.

Seething with rage. You've lost so hard lmao.

Attached: 1548170454944.png (301x284, 77K)

Capitalizing words doesn't really help your point.
Your original claims were that it sucks to realize most jobs have nothing to do with survival, that those who do not register that their jobs serve no purpose in society are retards, and that there is no point to most jobs.
>Something sucking is a matter of opinion.
>Believing jobs to serve no purpose in society is a matter of opinion.
>People being retards is a matter of opinion.
>Jobs having a point is a matter of opinion.
Survival is not necessarily paramount, and even if it were, survival would not be our only goal. Moreover, once survival is secured (and it often is), people are left with nothing to do, and therefore require some sort of activity to avoid going insane, which would decidedly be detrimental to survival, therefore justifying any other methods of idling time away.

For the record, I agree with you that the idea of luxury is absurd. Unfortunately not everybody shares that sentiment.

>just as my opinion
Oh it's your opinion. Thanks for finally admitting you're not so objective after all.

>being an advanced primate who can overcome his base urges and basic programming, yet consciously chooses to obey them
Yeah, I'd call that simple-minded.

>you've lost
You're so desperate to win an argument with autistic 4channers that you keep saying this. Yeah, I bet you're a real winner.

>Survival is not necessarily paramount,
It is. Nice job ignoring the stats I mentioned that show how many are struggling.
>and even if it were, survival would not be our only goal
It should be the main goal

>Moreover, once survival is secured (and it often is),
It's literally not. Look at the damn stats I mentioned.

>people are left with nothing to do,
Projecting

>and therefore require some sort of activity to avoid going insane, which would decidedly be detrimental to survival, therefore justifying any other methods of idling time away.

Projecting

A stripper who doesn't put out.

Not him, but to be fair, I capitalize words in my posts too. It's just to add emphasis, and give a "voice" to my posts to make them more readable and understandable.

And yes yes, I'm autistic. So I've been told dozens of times on here.

>tfw my job does because I work in a hospital

Attached: 1533728177323.gif (100x100, 23K)

>Oh it's your opinion. Thanks for finally admitting you're not so objective after all

You're literally retarded. >Fine. Instead of saying I am being "objective", I will say "what I am doing is differentiating between jobs that aid in survival to those that don't".
>The WAY I differentiate however IS 100% objective.

That isn't a "gotcha" moment lmao.

>Yeah, I'd call that simple-minded.
I'd call you simple-minded for thinking survival isn't important.
>I'm a homeless fuck! But at least I have Netflix!!
Idiot.

>You're so desperate to win an argument with autistic 4channers that you keep saying this. Yeah, I bet you're a real winner.

I am tho. Most jobs have NOTHING to do with survival.

Again, I STRONGLY advise you to read this again :
>Fine. Instead of saying I am being "objective", I will say "what I am doing is differentiating between jobs that aid in survival to those that don't".
>The WAY I differentiate however IS 100% objective.

You are so stupid, it's sad.

Exactly

ITT Trying to educate swine.

Commodities and Needs vs Wants or Luxuries.

Things we need basic Education, Food, Water, Clothing, Shelter.

Things we want Extended Education, Gourmet foods, Beer, Wine, etc. Police, Fire Hospital, Library.

>I'd call you simple-minded for thinking survival isn't important.
I'm gonna change the text to:
>I'd call you simple-minded for thinking survival isn't the number one priority

Topkek i work for a luxury brand so i cant say shit

Anonymous, you can't just dismiss what I'm saying. Not everybody thinks the same way you do. You need to acknowledge that. Just because survival should be the main goal doesn't mean that it always is.
If you claim that survival is not secured at all, you ignore the portion of the population that is well enough off that they will be fine, provided they act logically. If you are claiming that they do not act logically, you concede that humans do not always act logically, and therefore will not always prioritize survival.
As to the last things you said, dismissing my points as projection does not disqualify them as fact. Isolation and boredom can be therapeutic, but in excess they are genuinely harmful to the mind. If you are claiming people always have something to do, then you concede that there are other things beyond survival which are important.

What? How can you survive

>homeless with netflix
You're actually delusional if you think that's what I'm arguing. We're talking about the value you add to a society through your work. Nobody is saying that you should choose entertainment over basic needs. But you've said from the jump that there is NO point to anything but survival. There IS a point because we aren't objective creatures, and our basic survival isn't in constant jeopardy. We're not out in the woods with no shelter and no food, being stalked by giant cats. We live in a society. Certainly, some people are better off than others, but that's precisely WHY luxuries exist. Because when the point of survival is moot, and you're guaranteed to survive, your priorities shift.

Also, was me. So we agree on one point at least.

>Anonymous, you can't just dismiss what I'm saying.
I literally greentexted everything important. I never ignored anything.

>Not everybody thinks the same way you do.
So what? If someone thinks the number one priority is knowing how to clean your ass well or being the best at "tying your shoes"or some other random thing, should I care? I base number one priority on our instincts. I do this because it is our main objective. We were wired to want to survive so OBVIOUSLY I'll make that the most important objective.

>You need to acknowledge that.
I do. I just don't value all opinions equally.

>Just because survival should be the main goal doesn't mean that it always is.

And I 99% disagree. With the current state of america, it should be the number 1 priority. After survival is a non-issue (which it isn't. Look at the stats), THEN I wouldn't really care how the rest of this system works.

Survival first. After that, I don't care.

>If you claim that survival is not secured at all, you ignore the portion of the population that is well enough off that they will be fine, provided they act logically.

Less than half. I am not ignoring them. I just don't think it's prevalent enough. To give you another idea how people are doing, 62% of jobs in metropolis cities pay hardship or livable wages. 30% hardship (living with mami and papi or living with strangers) or livable wages (barely enough to have shelter and food).

>If you are claiming that they do not act logically, you concede that humans do not always act logically, and therefore will not always prioritize survival.

Ya I do believe humans are illogical. Just look at the current structure of society. It is PROFIT driven rather than SURVIVAL driven

comment too long. Next comment will finish my point.

Oh my God! I am loving this, thanks everyone for this awesome thread. Some real good arguments being made around here. But what it really is that both of you are half retards, I mean both the argument and the counter argument. I don't have time to explain otherwise I would. So... Yeah... Let's not all die.

Imagine being so fucking stupid you actually bother replying to OP seriously. Just IMAGINE.

>As to the last things you said, >dismissing my points as projection does not disqualify them as fact.

It does. That wasn't a buzz word. That is literally the very definition of "projecting".

>Isolation and boredom can be therapeutic, but in excess they are genuinely harmful to the mind.

I can agree with this. We are social animals after all.

>If you are claiming people always have something to do, then you concede that there are other things beyond survival which are important

Okay. I can be flexible and say there's nothing wrong with entertainment. I simply don't see it as a necessity which again, based on how we are wired, we should be prioritizing survival to be as efficient as possible first.

If we're half retards, then you're full autist.

Good on ya

Attached: q3123Untitled.png (1472x828, 81K)

Attached: 2vdcsm.jpg (1125x762, 133K)

>and our basic survival isn't in constant jeopardy.
It is for most. Look at the stats.

Also, I stand by what I said. I don't see luxuries as "necessities". I also said I don't really care what society emphasizes (despite it being pointless to survival) AS LONG as survival is made to be as efficient as possible (so for example, actually trying to lower financial strain with most of the population with affordable housing for one thing).

I got quads earlier, now trips.

Fuck, I don't even care if I'm retarded. At least I got repeating numbers on a chinese card throwing forum

Well that's a different topic, and one I'd agree with you on. Making basic needs more affordable is a fine goal. How we'd achieve it is another mess.

If all you're doing is expressing your opinion, then there is no argument to be had. You can disagree with how things are conducted.
Also, no, it doesn't. Just because you claim that I'm projecting doesn't mean I am. If your survival is guaranteed, you must turn to other means of occupation to avoid insanity. You conceded this with
>I can agree with this. We are social animals after all.

I feel where you're coming from. After a few acid trips and getting into Buddhism, Im feeling the farm life, work hard, back to animal days type stuff... but at the same time dont forget humans are apart of nature as well, everything we do is natural

1. You were projecting. That wasn't an opinion.

>If your survival is guaranteed
It's not at all.

3. If you want to play the "opinion" game, then by that logic, EVERYTHING is pointless
I base my thoughts on INSTINCT. I base my opinion (yes, opinion) on the way we are WIRED

We ARE wired to want to live as are ALL organisms which is why survival should be the number 1 priority

>Most jobs are for-profit businesses. They just sell stupid luxuries. There's literally no point to most jobs.
Couldn't agree more.

It's really stupid when people almost moralize working. The truth is, people just work to pay for their food, home, and to get some pussy. There's really nothing that productive about them.

My job is making high speed milling tools. So I'm necessary for several of the "important" industries he mentioned before. I still don't agree that other jobs are "pointless" but even if I did, at least my job "matters".

You should post more in those roll double for and triple for threads.

Not everybody operates based solely on instinct.
You cannot know whether or not I was projecting, because you don't know what I'm thinking beyond what I'm saying. Again, you conceded that we do need some sort of occupation.
I'm not playing any opinion game, anonymous. You cannot claim that you're correct about something just because you will it so. Sure, biology and being wired to do things is all well and good, but human beings have evolved intellectual capabilities beyond mere biology. If we hadn't, philosophy wouldn't exist. Ergo, you are expressing an opinion. You can base your thoughts on anything you want, but no particular base other than hard fact will give you intellectual ground in an argument, because ultimately we are not the arbiters of what matters and what doesn't.

>luxury clothing, make up, watches
All of those are just variations of producing clothing and equipment, which we've been doing in one form or another for hundreds of thousands of years. Nearly every modern job follows the same priciple. We're not all that sophisticated. A nuclear engineer is essentially just stoking a campfire or sharpening one hell of an arrowhead. An hr rep is just tending to the tribe. Faggots posting fb fap threads on Yea Forums are just faggots jacking off to their cave paintings, etc.

>be me, 16
>No job, no credentials, want money for games and other shit
>Look around my town for a job, specifically on weekends
>Get a job as a dishwasher at a decently high-end restaurant
>Work there for 8 months, every weekend, till midnight, basically shooting myself in the foot with what little social life I had left
>As time went on, proving my worth, I was trusted to do basic prep like cut fries, portion cheese curds, make patties for burgers, clean shrimp, easy stuff like that
>Call off of work no less than a month in advance, if not more
>Show up to work 15 minutes early every time I'm on shift, leave my station spotless after every shift
>Ffw two more months
>promotion.jpeg
>Do basic prep in the back, making guac, prepping sauces, break down cuts of meat into steak portions, etc
>Ffw six months, end of school coming up
>Boss wants to talk to me in the office
>Ohshit.png
>"user, I've seen you bust your ass for the past two years, never missing a day, being the ideal employee, and for that I'm sending you to (insert culinary school half an hour from the restaurant) full ride. You're going to make a great cook.
>Wtf.jpeg
>Cannot stop thanking him for the last few months of summer
>Ffw to today, I'm a line cook at a restaurant in the nearest legitimate city in my area, we've been five stars for years now.

Moral of the story:
Doing shit jobs, the ones that nobody wants to do, the ones that take up all your free time, the ones that everyone considers below them TRAIN YOU for climbing up the next rung of the ladder. Yeah, it's no fun, it's not something to brag about, but you can prove your worth to the company and to your employer, you'll move up in the ranks. Do a shit job, stay in your place. All of you that are here feeling all high and mighty for your middle-of-the-road job feeling like you're looking down on us peasants, eat shit. A few of us will be moving on to greener pastures. All it takes is actually doing your job well.

So survival apparently depends on money. Therefore making an income regardless of the nature of the work is paramount to survival. So selling Tiffany watches is survival.

So again, you are saying survival shouldn't be the number one priority.

>Not everybody operates based solely on instinct.
Have you killed yourself? No? Survival is literally the bases to all organisms.

>Ergo, you are expressing an opinion.

I already stated as much? I made it BLATANTLY obvious I was but again, I state it as having number one priority based on how we are wired.

It seems more to me you want me to say "entertainment is not pointless because 'pointless' is subjective".

Okay. Let's just say that then. Entertainment is not "pointless" as that is subjective. Fine.

BUT survival should STILL be the number one priority bar NONE. It would be pretty dumb to want entertainment over basic necessities (i.e. "I'm homeless and starving but at least I have netflix!").
Let me guess, "dumb"is subjective and if society was structured in the way I stated in the parenthesis, there would be nothing "wrong" with it, right?

Whatever though. I'll say I was wrong in the op for stating anything other than survival as being "pointless". I should have just said "most jobs have nothing to do with survival and considering how most people are struggling to stay afloat (look at the stats above), survival should be the number one priority".

Yes. You have to work a job that has nothing to do with survival in order to survive.

I see an issue with that.

You probably settle for something too much for your income cause they don't teach math at school anymore you dream too big or you my problem is I come off unprofessional

Uhhh I'm a minimalist? I don't care about big homes or fancy cars.

If anything, I wish america had something like this. 1 apartment. 10 units. 214sqft each unit. Rent to own. You pay for the cost of material and labor. Say 30k per unit. Then that's it. You get a tiny shelter, but never have to worry about becoming homeless.

Problem is affordable housing isn't really a thing. Homes for minimalists isn't really a thinf.

this thread is why at 30 im glad to be retired with almost 8k a month income

Wow. How'd you manage that?

retired military but injured severely

I haven't killed myself. Others have. People have evolved beyond biological impulses. That is the basis of modern society and modern science. Like I said before, if you're just giving your opinion, there's no argument to be had.
At any rate, I'm in agreement with you. I think we focus too much on luxury.

It is here in Canada but I just assumed you were struggling since u had time to complain im a minimalist too

Financial advisors, "full service" brokers, etc. Literally less than zero utility to their own clients as well as everyone else. Unless you know a particular industry better than the financial press does, you're better off buying an index.

>I see an issue with that.
There's your problem. Not ours.
Your original question, "Doesn't it suck when you realize most jobs have NOTHING to do with survival?"
And the answer is, "No."
/thread

I live self-sufficiently in the woods with no cash income. Learn to provide for your own needs instead of selling your life to some richer faggot so you can pay other faggots to feed & house you

>And the answer is, "No."
Based off of just an opinion? Mine is an opinion too, but at least I am using the way we are wired as the BASIS to my thoughts.

>your problem, not ours
Funny. You are basically justifying jobs that have nothing to do with survival.
I wonder if you have stockholm syndrome. Maybe you've been to indocrinated to think all there is to life is being at the mercy of an employer for survival? Maybe you've been indocrinated into thinking all that matters is maximizing profits for a business rather than help society in survival?

/agree

I agree. I'm also an adult with a full time job. We are brainwashed from a very young age that we need to work our lives away and only have one or two days a week for ourselves. But then we're old and worn out we can retire and truly enjoy life.
What a fucking miserable way to live