Does 150w hps grow light consume the same amount of power as a 150w gorw light led?

does 150w hps grow light consume the same amount of power as a 150w gorw light led?

im retarded and want to know which would be cheaper to run

Attached: retard.jpg (600x600, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blackdogled.com/faq_leds-and-heat
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grow_light
eledlights.com/blog/post/quick-way-to-tell-which-ballast-you-have/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

both run the same wattage an hour yet you ask this question on b ?

He did say he's retarded.

Itt: retard grows tumbleweed

L.e.d is more expensive to buy but uses way less lower then hps or mh.

Depends if it's 150w or 150w equipment...
If it's a true 150w led it uses the same amount but puts off a ton more light.
Of it's 150w equivalent it uses less energy but puts off the same light as a standard 150w
.. enjoy growing your indoor veggies and herbs

Don't cheap out on the l.e.d either if you're buying it. Make sure it has the correct spectrum you're using it for and is large enough. Be ready for 4 to 5 hundred dollars as opposed to 130 or 150.
Also l.e.d puts out almost zero heat so plants can grow up against diods.

I assume it puts off 150 watts because if he is considering a 150 hps lamp, even for vegging, he is on a budget. A true 159 watt l.e.d. light would be in the thousands of dollars i assume.

>zero heat
lmao. LED is like every powerful chip. Does CPU produce zero heat?

Attached: radiator2.jpg (350x349, 27K)

HPS and LED have very similar lumens to watts. They consume the same power. LED has a liitle more brightness, also color temperature is better.

So we saying light emitting diod (l.e.d.) and you hear computer processor.

Bless your heart.

blackdogled.com/faq_leds-and-heat

This person is totally and completely full of shit.
L.e.d. uses way way less power but produces more lumes. You don't have to be an expert on the topic to know how full of shit he is. All you need to do is go to walmart and buy an led bulb. You will find 13 watt led replaces 75 watts standard bulb.

>High Pressure Sodium
>standard bulb
nigga wat? And who is full of shit?

Lol, retard.

Attached: grow-light-hps-lamp-e40-250w-400w-600w-1000w.jpg (800x800, 48K)

Those are either hps or mh bulbs. No led lights are shown.

Read nigger.
Read.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grow_light

He is full of shit just because HPS is not standard incandescent bulb.

eledlights.com/blog/post/quick-way-to-tell-which-ballast-you-have/

>150w and 150w is it the same?
you'd better not to grow weed if you are so dumb even without it

I meant incandescent. This is the guy whi actually grows and knows what he's talking about. Hps stands for high preasure sodium. Mh stands for metal halide. There are two types of ballasts for mh and hps bulbs magnetic and electronic. Npk is the nutrient ratio on your grow food. Npk stands for nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium. I can go on and on. You veg from 18 to 20 hours of on light, you flower anywhere from 12 and 12 to 10 on and 14 off to flower.

But yeah. I know nothing user.

Attached: 1558804241033.png (390x470, 6K)

>tfw the power company knows what you're up to and are required to report suspicious activity

Attached: download.jpg (600x600, 29K)

>americans

They only report it if you steal electricity from them. If you pay, they don't give a flying fuck.

Same for any bulb.

The LED will state the "equivalent wattage" and the actual wattage.

Equivalent means: This LED bulb produces the same lumen output as a 150w HPS bulb, while only consuming 7w of power.

>lmao Im retarded give me advice on things I dont know about so I can argue
>one cm chipset compared to ignited sodium container
>almost

Never leave your basement toolbag!

L.e.d. is good for hiding that. If you have land greenhouse help immensely. Guerrilla grows are also an option. Just buy some auto flower seeds, plant them im nowheres ville, and come back in three months to harvest.

Ding ding ding. This guys is correct.

Sounds like l.e.d consumes less power but produces more lumes user.

7w is in my restroom and i barely see anything. It is a replacement for 60w incadescent, not 150w sodium.

What does this even prove? There are larger sized hps and mh bulbs? Do you even know what you're disagreeing about?

Watts is a measurement of electricity. Back in the age of incandescents, watts correlated to brightness because all bulbs were more or less the same. Now we have CFLs and LEDs which are generate more light per watt.

So a 150 watt LED would be nearly 10 times brighter than the traditional bulb. This means you can place it further away and cover more plants. Be careful though, because light doesn’t scale linearly. Inverse square law.

Always buy the LED. They are the future

Ok, he just said to go to walmart and compare incandescent and led, that's all.

Unless the grower lives in a shit town, police departments have thermal cameras and routinely check for heat exhaust from grow operations. Growing in a state where it's illegal is literally pants on head retarded

Attached: 1557182572620.jpg (267x342, 39K)

Watts are the electrical juice you pay for, lumens are the brightness the bulbs generates. Less watts more lumens LED master race

Absolutely correct.

I was renting out one of my properties while working overseas. Come home to visit family and decide to check on the place. Looks fine from the outside, but all the blinds are drawn during the day. Check utility bill and it's been at ~$7000/mo for 5 months.

I tried calling the tenant but couldn't get ahold of him. He was always kind of a shady character, but he paid on time, and it was a nice area, so I shrugged it off.

> House is on a slight grade
> Gash exterior water faucet on the high-side of the grade
> Cue crawlspace flooding
> Enter premises under "emergency" pretense.
> Dudeface had gutted every interior wall and turned it into a grow operation. Massive holes in the ceilings to accommodate cooling ducts.
> Hundreds of plants and lights. Place was a total mess with his shit everywhere, sleeping bags, rotting food, etc.

Evicted him, mixed all of his shit together in random boxes, called the police, and told him he had 2 hours to retrieve everything.

He couldn't fit everything into one truck load, so he took the boxes that looked most valuable. Little did he know, I put expensive stuff (speakers, monitors, etc) on top of some boxes full of clothes so he'd take those first.

I ended up keeping boxes of his shit, and made a considerable amount of money selling these $125 grow lights that were brand new. There were A LOT of them. Got a new PC out of it, and some nice jackets too.

The power company gives ZERO fucks, so long as you are current.

HPS is NOT incadescent traditional bulb...

Good point. I don't know anything about grow lights, just HMI and incandescent. Figured the same rules applied.

Attached: 2067585805.jpg (1514x1624, 189K)

Basement grows hide A lot and where you exhaust you heat can be easily hidden where your cloths dryer exits. If snow lays on your roof of your grow room and doesn't melt then no heat signature will read. If the roof is even one or two degress above snow temp, the snow will melt.

It's going to be hilarious when amateur Growers get caught listening to fellow idiots on Yea Forums who have no idea power companies arent all the same, and police departments routinely check for heat exhaust with thermal cameras. You can literally think about it in jail

Attached: f82.png (637x729, 514K)

Already addressed heat signature problems. Also don't have a nassove grow. Grow one mother in constant veg. Take clones from momma. Veg with momma. Flower in flower room. Clones don't need much room and can get 24 hour cfl lights. Just be smart and stard very very small. Try auto flowers.

Don't get a hps or cmh grow light just get a led you could just get a 120w quantum board from china will cost more but the ppfd out put is why over 2.1 so it pays back in energy savings very quicky.

ITT: retards