Ask an Airbus Fag everything

Ask an Airbus Fag everything

Attached: 2000px-Airbus_Logo_2017.svg.png (2000x380, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

shell.com/business-customers/aviation/aeroshell/knowledge-centre/the-aeroshell-book/_jcr_content/par/textimage_1433441235.stream/1445042875796/e76780948490d28fdd9086517026d27c1442a76d/aeroshell-book-5greases.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Which plant you at Faggot? Filton or Broughton?

Hamburg

What does the a320 neo bring to the table, specifically?

I'm a fitter in Broughton, gonna do a stint in Hamburg soon, managers cunts over there too?

Managment is braindead...they spend all the time arguing back and force between toulouse and hamburg. They hate each other...really makes thinks stupid.

When/what was the last major accident at your plant?

Attached: 1451422082500.jpg (435x272, 33K)

Most important would be the new engines which consum less fule. Overall its a facelift ofc...all new and shiny.

I only remeber one accidant...someone fell down from a ladder. Other than that people tent to be not stupid and no bad stuff happens. But its a big plant and i might just not know everything that happens.

What happened with that Eurowings a319?

A depresses pilot locked himself in the cockpit and flew the plane against a mountain. Nothing really that cant be done.

Oh no that was an A320... which A319 do you mean?

are you getting loads of orders because boeing are completely incapable of delivering a safe place in the modern age of aviation?
>cunts

Over here the management hate the fitters, the fitters hate the management, the red shift hate the blue shift, the blue shift hates the night shift, the night shift hates the red shift, and the red shift hates the blue shift. It's insane.

As far as i know we did get a push in orders from that. But for most airlines it makes no difference since they think boeing will figure it out when they deliver their planes.

The problem is with the now grounded fleet. Thats plane that are missing. But you cant just buy a new plane. It takes around 3 to 5 years till your order arrives.

I mean brexit will most likley fuck all englisch factorys up...there is even rumor that the A380 got closed down because the wings are produced in england.

If you manage to switch to hamburg entirely i think it would benefit you and make your workplace safer.

Doesn't have an MCAS that tries to kill you and everyone on board when a single AoA sensor malfunctions.

Yeah we have a massive problem at the moment with the 380 shutdown, we're overstaffed and there's too many apprentices running round, hundreds every year and no work for them. But I reckon 380 failed because of economics, we just weren't selling any

What is the future of the a220 looking like? Many orders / deliver dates?

Attached: alena-aenami-rooflinesgirl-1k-2.jpg (1920x1080, 598K)

Yeah i dont know which braindead engineer thought making a plane dependant on a sensor is a good idea. And another manager thought they dont need to teach pilots how to turn the system off. Total retards.

If you mean A320 it's looking great, absolutely flooded with orders.

I'm more curious (for the long lead time you've mentioned) whether or not airlines have had their confidence in boeing hit by this. I know there's "potentially" scope for compensation for airlines, but the consequential damage to airlines reputation, the industry reputation as whole, and profits lost from flights and sales in the plane must be an enormous cost. There's no way you're going to put a $$ figure on that and be happy.

I know it's "only" 1 fuck up but the way they handled it afterwards was absolute stupidity. I certainly wouldn't be handing a company like that any more multi-million dollar contracts

why don't pilots correct for the curvature of the earth?

no, the A220

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 204K)

You can look that up online. Order and delivery numbers are public. The total number of spacecraft backlogs at the moment is 7287 (Numbers from early 2019)

For a320 neo there is a backlog of 3745 planes (Numbers from late 2018).

When new numbers come out for specific planes we will see if there is in fact a bump.

Because the Earth is flat

I work manufacturing fucking insulation for you niggas.

Yes ofc...nobody is happe. But thats what insurances are for. Also the contracts they make. There is really much legal shit going on. I cant say you if someone gets money from someone else and whos responsible. In the end the plane as it was was approved by all the flight admissions.

But most of the planes that are ordered were orderd because the fleet is old and needs to be modernized. So they just use the old plane longer.

For the one that are additional to the fleet its not much of a big deal because first: the plane gets continued produced. Once the solution is found and the ban is lifted everybody gets the plane and second only planes that have a due date on delivery right now are affected. So the longer it takes the more it costs Boeing ofc.

First: The autpolite flys most of the time.

Second: They do. But you wont feel it since the curvature in comparisson to the distance you trevel is neglicable.

Ah sorry. Missread that.

For A220-100 there is a backlog of 68 planes. For A220-300 there is a backlog of 398 planes.

Glad you exist bro. Its -50 degrees celsius up there. Would be fucking cold with no insulation.

I've heard from someone in the industry who has contract with boeing that they've basically switched everything to the 787.

I don't tend to fly on airbus too much here. It's been mostly boeing in my experience. I know flying is safe, but when things go wrong a lot of people die.

The question is, how much money can boeing afford to bleed? I know there's good money in aviation but lets face it, at some point the bleeding needs to stop.

Also, what job can I get in aviation if I can't pass the medical. In the UK I fail class 1,2 and 3. I'll never be a pilot or an air traffic controller :(

You know Mandy's banging someone in the hozzy right?

Why are they delivering our new neos with ass Aeroshell 7 instead of 33?

I dont think they switched it. That wouldnt make much sense because as i explained buying a plane is mor of a long term thing. Might be a few but certainly not the whole industry.

Also Boeing actually fixed the problem allready and is now only needing the Approving from the FAA. Then the can deliver all the planes they have build in the meantime. Funfact: The took away some parking space from their workers to park their planes there.

I dont think boeing is in trouble from a single plane problem. They hade more serious problems before and survied them.

When you cant become a pilot or air traffic controller you can go either for stewardes or pretty much anything that happens on the ground at airports.

But seeing what you aimed for i dont think thats what your looking for. You could still do a helicopter licenes or one for a sports plane licencse. I dont know exactly but i dont think the helath things are there as hard. Ofc you have to pay it yourself.

Well i just looked up the sheets here:

shell.com/business-customers/aviation/aeroshell/knowledge-centre/the-aeroshell-book/_jcr_content/par/textimage_1433441235.stream/1445042875796/e76780948490d28fdd9086517026d27c1442a76d/aeroshell-book-5greases.pdf

Seems like the 7 is much more heat resistent and i would assume more expensive because of that. So they looked at what they really need and siwtched.

Do you have problems with that?

Sports plane requires a class 2, not really interested enough in copters. Maybe I can get some back office job in ticket sales analysis or something :/

Wish I'd done engineering then I could be building planes

I have an aerospace engineering degree (3.5 GPA) and physics degree. I also know some French. What are my chances of getting in?

Yeah, it bet it would, anytime brother. We've been shipping out a shitload of insulation for the A380 Neo, so bet that seems to be selling well.

Is the a380 neo gonna go ahead do you think?

Im from europe so i dont exactly know whats the gpa thing is.

There are 3 Tiers of working for airbus:

As an external contractor: Thats the shit tear basicly any garbage person can join the external contractor and then do work for airbus. Its also like only around 6 that do the main work...at least for the hamburg plant.

As an internal person actually working in the process of building planes. Fitteng them with the configuration the customer wants and all that fine stuff. Such stuff its relativly easy to come into airbus. You still need to be top tier since many people want to work for them but its managable.

As an internal in engineering designes stuff on airplanes: Thats the holy grail there. There is really low chance to just come and get a job there. Best way would be through a universty that does research with airbus or get a foot in from another angle.

If you dont have massive expirience its impossible. They wont take freshman.

Do you mean another Neo? The A380 has no neo version. Also the A380 line just got canceld. I think the last delivery will be around 2022.

Shit yeah I think is right. I think it's the 320 Neo I'm talking about. I stumbled on my own words. But we've been getting a mighty lot of orders for them.

Yeah, our airline got approval to switch everything to 33 because it doesn't harden up over time. I guess that isn't something everybody does though.
Fun to read the behind the scenes from you guys since I work on mostly Airbus.

Yeah

A320 neo is the most common one.

Another reason could be to use less different greases. Seems that it acts for multiple purposes and qualifies for higher level as well as lower level aplication.

Well it was fun with you guys. Im going to sleep now. See you all faggots another day.

I'd sure hope so.

Are A220s static or will there be more build on it like the A320->A321

If / when the a380 programme finally kicks the bucket, how long do you think they'll stay in service realistically?

Attached: Snowstorm in Fukushima.jpg (945x708, 101K)

also fuck cargo bin 5 on a320s and 21s. fucking niggers.