How do I stop myself from getting overly fucking drunk...

How do I stop myself from getting overly fucking drunk? Everytime I drink I end up drinking way to much alcohol and eventually I black out. I have no idea why this happens either. I'm thinking it's because all of the alcohol hits me all at once or something? Any advice?

Attached: 1557283115652.jpg (1023x756, 539K)

How much, and what are you drinking? Pacing yourself, and knowing your body are pretty key.

I'm not sure how much, but it's definitely a lot. This mainly happens when I drink straight out of the handler. It's vodka. What bothers me is not only the black outs, but also the fact I'm not even TRYING to get that drunk. I just don't understand why this keeps happening.

i do the same thing and get horrendous hangovers
suffering through one right now
best option is just to not drink I'm afraid
I'm never satisfied with just a couple beers and then 4 or 5 later they all hit me at once
then i just keep drinking until i pass out
so last night was a rare occasion to drink but usually I just don't

Fucking know your limit you child. Take one shot and evaluate your level of drunk, eat food and drink water. Rinse and repeat.

Attached: FB_IMG_1506192940280.jpg (169x200, 11K)

drink less you fucking pleb. /thread.

Pole here, I'm a student and we almost drink wódka for breakfast. All you need to know is to eat porządne żarełko = food with much fat like meat or eggs before drinking. Doing a 3 litres of vodka for 3 people is a challenge then, not a death wish

I'm thinking about switching over to weed because I'm kinda getting tired of this

I do tend to drink on an empty stomach, then eating when I'm drink. That might be part of the problem.

Drink daily and gain tolerance

I already have a pretty high tolerance. I can drink close to a liter in a matter of hours.

Mmmm redhead with a nice smooth, white butt

love that chick

why dont you switch to beer and only drink like a six pack thats enough to give me pretty good buzz

I hate beer, and also because I don't really see the point of drinking unless it's to get drunk

Taking 200mg of xanax midway through your drinking session sobers you up and stops you getting a hangover.

KYS faggot

Of spirits? There's your problem, retard.

I know it's a problem, hence the question. Try to keep up.

>I do tend to drink on an empty stomach

Yes, this is definitely your problem.

>lrn2selfcontrol

Don't drink chronic alcoholic levels of booze then? Don't know what kind of answer you're hoping for here. Stimulants give me the ability to drink heroic amounts of alcohol but it doesn't sound like you need another addiction.

>guise y do i drunk wen i drink straight vodka
Please stop being deliberately retarded. If you can't pace yourself and know your limit then mix your vodka. Or just keep drinking it until you black out and complaining about it as if anyone can tell you that isn't exactly how it's fucking supposed to work. Shit for brains.

drink less

Drinking vodka like its beer and wondering why you get blackout shitfaced. Are you dim?

But what I'm saying is that for whatever reason, I'm not sure why, when I get really drunk instead of stopping I keep on drinking. I want to be drunk but not so drunk that I lose control of myself and/or don't even remember what the hell happened the night before.

Should I switch to another liquor?

you're an alcoholic in the worst medical terms.
Whereas drinking for most, event those with a problem, would work as a depressant, you're built for stimulate highs from the booze and the reward center in your brain keeps going even as you lose all capacity to think.
Get help dude.

Sounds like you have a drink problem due to some kind of underlying mental issue to be honest, you should probably try to solve that and then maybe you wouldn't feel the need to self-destructively drink spirits until you piss yourself.

While I don't disagree with the notion I'm an alcohol, I'm not going to go to rehab. I feel like I could stop drinking if I wanted too but I choose not too.

>Should I switch to another liquor?
No, vodka is the best choice for least hangover. You should dilute your vodka. If you're a woman use cranberry or something fruity. If you're an economical alcoholic use water. I personally like seltzer water because I like the bubbles.

Pour two shots in a glass, fill the rest with your mixer. As the drinks wear on you will get drunk but not as fast as drinking it straight and you will realize this slower intake is sufficient to maintain your drunk without getting carried away and blacking out.

Problem with drinking it straight is you just get pumped and want more and don't realize you've already swallowed more than you need to be wasted.

And this is coming from a fellow alcoholic.

I'm telling you that whatever genes you're born with have altered and optimized your ability to process alcohol compared to the normal population.
This isn't AA shit, it's a dysfunction in your body, and the blackouts are going to lead to trouble.

I've come close to alcoholism before and it's a shit way of life, you sound like you're on a slippery slope and you should address this before it gets out of control.

Stop drinking. You're showing early signs of alcoholism, especially if you drink to blackout every time. Also, weed causes paranoia; although safer, can cause schizophrenia. Not worth it.

This is goddamn good advice.

If I let myself, I’ll have two or three “small” glasses of liquor (tequila or whiskey) and before I know it I’m a third of the way through the bottle. That’s on top of an odd beer or glass of wine.

Measure your drinks, one or two shots per glass, bring a bottle of water with you, and you’ll cut it down.

>I feel like I could stop drinking if I wanted too but I choose not too.
Jesus fucking Christ.

Who is she? Sauce?

This is kinda what I had in mind. Like just pouring it from the handle into a half pint and drinking that, then refilling it as needed. At least that way I know how much I'm fucking drinking. But yeah, last night I got so fucking drunk I puked all over my back yard and hallway, and apparently took my fucking pants off at some point, and I don't even remember any of that.

Your guys are probably right, but I dunno. I just refuse to stop drinking for some weird reason. I wouldn't say I'm depressed, but if I'm being totally honest right now I'm not really all that happy either. I dunno what to do, maybe just become a pothead instead?

>can cause schizophrenia.
It can spark the onset of symptoms for those born with schizophrenic genes.

Sounds like you're trying to hit a jackpot with the drinking whenever you open a bottle.
Do you know if you can handle the weed?

Well the thing is I haven't smoked weed regularly in years, so if I were to switch back I could smoke a really small amount and be stoned. And I'm way more calm when I'm high. I barely make any noise and just stay in my room watching funny shit. It's not like alcohol where eventually I lose all control.

I know I'm fucking pathetic

>Like just pouring it from the handle into a half pint and drinking that, then refilling it as needed.

Confirmed for troll being deliberately obtuse. Everyone abandon thread, do not feed troll.

Who the fuck is going to know they have the genes? Plus, I've smoked for 17 years and only recently has it messed with me. Maybe its the new weaponized mj? I don't know but it is much different these days.

Depends what you mean, I use to smoke tons of weed when I was 18-19. I definitely get retarded when I'm high, or at least I use too, but I've never done anything horrible from smoking too much weed.

Bud, nobody is forcing you to reply. Feel free to fuck off, nobody gives a shit.

It doesn't sound like you should take any substance tbh. Weed will negatively affect you mentally sooner or later if you abuse it which you most probably will.

Dude, it is a way safer alternative, but, just like all drugs, it has negative side effects. Everything in moderation. I choose to opt out these days.

Just a little advice: only weed is kinda boring cause youre just getting lazy and stoned and it doesnt really hype you up.

Just smoke a little joint before you go out and drink 2-5 beers (depends on how well your body resists against the alc.)

Then you got a chill level of drunkness and youre feeling happy as fuck. You aint got no boundaries at this point. Youre just ending uo talkin to a hell lot of people (incl. Girls obviously) and having a hell of a time. Then the morning after you just take a lil shower and eat something greasy like a bacon n egg sandwich dipped in butter or some shit like this. You just feel like a newborn after that breakfast and youre good to go.

Side note: never never never never ever drink and then smoke. You will end up in the corner of a busstation puking and blacking out. (Also depends on your bodies resistance against substances like this but this is like the worst case scenario.

Pros: cant overdose if done properly
No hangovers
Probably end up fucking a drunk girl at the end of the night or at least getting a number.

Cons: weeds pretty expensive on a long period of time

You have to know your limits, otherwise youll end up with the worst Case scenario

>I know I'm fucking pathetic
It's not that. I mean maybe your are maybe you aren't. Irrelevant.

My comment was because the "I can quit if I want to" is like THE fucking thing addicts say. Drugs. Alcohol. Sex. Food. Fucking whatever. And it pains me to hear it again.

I agree with this guy. You've got addictive personality. Trading one addiction for another isn't going to help like you would think.

I'm honestly having a hard time telling if this guy is serious or straight memeing. I'm 21, and I blacked out once, puked on two occasions of which that was one. Those set me straight, decided I never wanted to deal with that again. I always know exactly how much I'm having and precisely how much it affects me and learned my limits so I obide by them. Never had a problem since. I measure my beer by the bottle (and comparatively alcohol content if it's considerably different like say a 5% vs a 12% bottle.) Additionally, when drinking liquor I usually make cocktails and mix my drinks, which I always measure out exactly with a jigger. Occasionally I'll drink it straight, but that's also paced and measured. I always consume water between every couple drinks as well, and most of the time drink on a fed stomach. If not, I'll simply drink less.

How is this hard for people? Puking in 6 rooms of a beach house, in a cab, in my computer, and all over myself and my clothes in one night was enough to set me straight. How the FUCK can someone out themselves through that regularly?

you're an alcoholic
>so am I

either drink and accept the consequences or quit
>quitting will be hard and you're probably not ready

Lots of alcoholics on my dad's side of the family.

If it weren't for my anti-seizure medications prohibiting me from drinking, my political beliefs about alcohol, or the simple fact that I can't afford alcohol, I probably would be just as drunk as the rest of my family.

... but it's something you have to come to terms with on your own.

>they have the genes?
Check to see if you have a family history of it is a start.
While it's true some of the psychedelic highs of weed can mimic symptoms similar to schizophrenia, schizophrenia itself is a deeply ingrained and complex thing that doesn't just pop out of nowhere.

Bye bye liver.

That's honesty how I feel though. Like right now, I could be drinking alcohol and I have it with me, but I'm not. I know it's a shitty thing to say but I just don't feel like I'm truly "addicted" to alcohol, or that this is because I'm an addict. I think it's something else but I don't know what that is.

My mom is missing some enzyme that processes alcohol so she can't have more than a single drink without issues. She just doesn't, not a problem for her I guess.

Slow your ass down.

Drink a glass of water between every drink (this also helps with hangovers... most hangovers are caused by dehydration from the drinking)

If "hits [you] all at once or something" then don't drink just because you don't think you're drunk yet. If you're not sure, then you're probably already drunk.

>my political beliefs about alcohol, or the simple fact that I can't afford alcohol
This makes literally no fucking sense

Because they're addicts. What's difficult to understand about that? This is like asking "why do some people choose to play video games all day when i only play them for one hour"?

>is a dumb leftist who thinks everything is politically centered
>has no money
Makes perfect sense user.

What part about it do you not understand?

Hey, see! That wasn't so hard to understand!

Sorry, I guess I have an underlying issue understanding and sympathizing with addiction.

How does being a leftist stop you from drinking alcohol? And where the fuck do you live that you cannot afford alcohol? A pint is 5 fucking dollars

cont'd

As for quantities. I don't know how old you are, or how large you are... but honestly it doesn't matter. If you're blacking out always you're probably young, dumb, and full of retard.

4 drinks max per 2 hour period. And yes, most parties you go to really ain't going to be more than 2 hours, since the last hour or 2 should be you sobering up before you go home.

So that's either 4 beers, 4 shots, or 4 glasses of wine/sprtizer/girly garbage you might drink.

You MIGHT upgrade from that as you get more used to drinking. But I highly doubt that'll be happening any time soon.

High alcohol tolerance is not something you form over night, and anyone that tells you so is a fucking liar. Anyone drinking more than this has either

A) is blackout as well and is making a fucking retard of themselves

B) is a hardcore drinker and has been doing it for a long ass time

Yes, I can drink more than 4 drinks in a 2 hour period. I'm also 35 years old and come from a family where drinking beer at age 8 for dinner is the norm.

>left/right mentioned on non-political thread on post 2016 Yea Forums
DRINK!

Because you're a saint and you have no faults huh? You should try not being a judgmental faglord.

>who thinks everything is politically centered
It is, unless you live in a shallow worldview and take everything at face value.

>I’ve Got This Under Control.
>I Can’t Be Helped.
>I Don't Want To Be Helped.
>I Can Stop Whenever I Want To.
>I Can’t Afford To Get Help.
>I Have to Use in Order to Be Social.
>I’m Not As Bad As So-and-so.
>I’m Not Hurting Anyone.

You know what don't even reply. I'm pretty sure you're an underaged faggot.

Drink every day, all day.
It'll get to a point where you don't get drunk anymore.
I've been drinking for 3 days straight, on my 2nd crate of cider... not felt even remotely buzzed regardless of how much I put in me.

3 days straight... son, you don't know what drinking is. Come back to me when the last time you were sober was 1999.

>needs valium to stop drinking

Great advice, Moron.

>acting like that is a 'cool' fact

Son, you don't know what 'cool' is. Come back to me when you've sucked dick for a twinky of dirt yayo.

>guy states he can't afford alcohol
>oh my god literally who cannot afford alcohol
Confirmed for retard.

Stupid as shit.

Dude how fucking old are you? Alcohol is insanely cheap everywhere on the fucking planet. Come back when youre 18 and your balls drop.

Don't drink as much.
Drink water
if you know you like to drink, drink beer around 3,5-4,5% and not 5%+

Son, you don't know what 'stupid' is. Come back to me when you've understood what heyperbole means.

Look its Kyle's dad on south park. Herr derr cool one broski!!!

you're a neet loser

I am one of the alcoholics ITT. You are illiterate. The Bernie supporter can't afford alcohol.

Son, you don't know what 'south park' is. Come back to me when you herr derr the perr lerr of mer herr derr.

No, I get it. You're just too deluded to understand you're not even close to clever or funny. Look in the mirror. Its time to graduate 9th grade, Gerald.

You can't afford a 5 dollar pint of vodka, right. Like I said, leave and come back when you're 18.

Son you don't know what 'clever' is. Come back to me when you've figured out you're not the smartest sperm in the wading pool.

>>clever
chan

pick one

Well pardon me for buying more important things like, I dunno, food, running water, energy, toilet paper...

>You can't afford a 5 dollar pint of vodka, right
No
Idiot

Too busy buying big macs and pepsi?

You buy running water? That's dumb. Just put a bucket outside when it rains. You can even use that to wipe your ass (no tp required). And alcohol gives you energy.

Fucking moron over here.

OP here, since this thread got derailed I'll just say this; I know I have a problem with drinking and I know that this cannot continue. But that said, I will definitely avoid drinking out of the handle and measure my drinks from now on. Thanks for the people who gave out advice.

>>needed someone to tell them not to drink out of the handle.

Fucking moron up in here.

Die in a fire.

>Too busy buying big macs and pepsi?
Mostly vodka.
Not sure how you're not following the conversation to realize you're replying to the wrong person.

I use to be the same way when I was younger. I would drink to blackout a lot.
>What stopped it?
I started to work out. It sounds weird - but when you take a healthy turn you will really hate hang overs. Slowly you get to the point to where you get drunk - but not enough to fuck up your next day and next days work out.
>Also
Try other drugs... Try some Kratom. It gives you a nice little buzz and will make drinking kind of meh.

Yes, I get a water bill every month.

>Just put a bucket outside when it rains.
This actually will foul rather quickly. Gathered water is useful for irrigation, toilet flushing, but must be treated to remain drinkable. It is also illegal to collect rainwater in some jurisdictions. The more you know.

That's dumb.

AND ALSO DILUTE IT
Fucking moron missed the central piece of advice

Tell that to the residents of much of the islands south and east of Florida.

It's very common to collect and store rain water in large 100 gallon tanks since local running water doesn't exist. And this isn't even just poor nig-nogs, rich people who own their own islands do it.

The more you know.

Moron.

True, but if you don't pay it, your water and sewer service will be shut off.

Buckets

It's the joke

Woooooooosh

>AND ALSO DILUTE IT
that's not gonna do anything though, therefore it is shit advice

Then I suspect they treat it as stated.

when your drinking it's good to know how alcohol gets processed in the body. Takes the body about an hour to process about 1.5 oz of 80 proof liquor/5 oz wine/12 oz beer. so when your pounding 5 shots of 1 oz of vodka in an hour your body still has yet to process 3.5. So your liver has all this liquor in queue and you keep drinking so even if you were to stop you'd still keep getting drunker and drunker for a while. How do you stop this? Well you just stop taking as many pulls from the handle early, and always know how much you've had exactly and you'll learn your limits and go from there.

Also it might feel like the alcohol hits you all at once but its definitely gradually. It's just when your fucked up and you got all that alcohol backlogged, you just keep getting more and more drunk until your body shuts down.

It makes you take longer to imbibe an amount of alcohol that would cause you to black out. You are too retarded to understand this therefore you are shit retarded.

>Woooooooosh
Ah-ha, yes that's the sound my plumbing makes in the toilet and sink.

I never said not to treat it.

You should probably get your plumbing checked out...

Drink a glass of water between each glass of alcohol/beer/wine...

I’m an oldfag, I know this now through experience - didn’t appreciate it when I was younger

This is true. Problems that are abated by dilution!

But I did say to treat it and you presented that prob people who use collected rainwater contradict my post; they do not. You are a simpleton.

see

I din't have be an old fag to figure that one out... tard.

You're an alcoholic and you need help

sorry to say that but you are an alcoholic. There are different levels of it for example if you drink one beer every day, or you drink once a month but evrytime until you black out. Its not fault of drink its you being alcoholic

>GOOD ADVICE? OH MY GOD I KNOW THAT ALREADY EVEN THOUGH I'M NOT FOLLOWING IT AND I'M STILL ASKING FOR ANSWERS. WHAT A TARD.

No, I was pointing out that I already knew about such things and that it is in wide usage through out the world.

You didn't teach me anything.

I wasn't contradicting you... I was pointing out that I knew what you were talking about, and actually knew MORE.

just don't drink. spend more of your day finding pictures of that redhead and posting them instead. everyone wins.

>>getting upset over the internet...
calm the fuck down tard baby

you don't know what an alcoholic is

Switch to light beer, that's why frat dudes love the shit. You can drink for hours and still not black out

Jesus christ man go be a fucking crybaby somewhere else. This is just sad.

GscaPK3 join dummy dorkos

Get used to drinking till rather the alcohol will end than u will be really drunk, that's how i do it.

You may as well not drink then if you're gonna do that

But I also know that people do collect rainwater. You also did not teach me anything. You presume too much.

>I'm deliberately retarded and everyone who points this out is a baby

I know, had different friends with this problem. Being alcoholic does not mean that you need to drink all the time. One of my friends with borderline syndrome can be a good example of it. He basically drinked only on weekends so for almost whole week worked, studied etc but when weekend came he always ended up pissing his pants...thats an alcoholic. No control, you drunk until you get shit faced

We’re not all you - sometimes we’re different people with different circumstances, tard

Getting drunk on the weekends does not make you an alcoholic. You sound like one of those faggots who thinks being attracted to 17 year olds makes you a pedo, or some other stupid shit like that.

You presumed first.

Pot and kettle much?

Wtf dude so drinking until black out and pissing pants is normal? You sound like typical retard from Yea Forums who thinks fapping 3times a day is normal and being a wizard...fun

excuses for your tardism much?

No I didn't. I said rainwater needs to be treated, you lectured on about people using rainwater and concluded in calling me a moron. You were the instigator and you were wrong.

Start doing coke

I would say getting drunk on the weekends is normal for a guy in his 20s, yes. Maybe not black out drunk but most people that are young like to party and drink alcohol. Not everyone is in church on a friday night like your faggot ass.

one day your health will fail on you. maybe you will stop then...

I lectured on?

Hey asshat... this is the thread of events you responded to:

Them:
>>Well pardon me for buying more important things like, I dunno, food, running water, energy, toilet paper...

Me:
>>You buy running water? That's dumb. Just put a bucket outside when it rains. You can even use that to wipe your ass (no tp required). And alcohol gives you energy.

You:
>>This actually will foul rather quickly. Gathered water is useful for irrigation, toilet flushing, but must be treated to remain drinkable. ...

Miss joke/sarcasm much?

Presuming I need schooling on how drinking water works?

Fucking moron.

cont'd

If that's what you think a lecture is... I pray for the uni you went too.

Avoiding reality much?

non-sequitur much?

>uni you went too.
I didn't and you're still wrong

stop drinking.

get therapy. obviously your trying to hide from life

Not terribly - we agreed on a course of action for his situation, but you changed the subject when you decided that your reality is the only one that matters

And to be fair, you’re not wrong - it is indeed the only one that matters... to you

But this isn’t about you, it’s about op - and the fact that he’s always a fag

Count your drinks, or carry a small breathalyzer