My aunt put a dent in my car, and I'm not sure what to do about it

My aunt put a dent in my car, and I'm not sure what to do about it.

She offered to pay to fix it, so I got an estimate this week, and it's gonna cost $900 to fix.
My dad want's me to get the money from my aunt, and my mom wants me to just let it slide, befause it's a small dent, and is purely aesthetic.

I really don't know what I want to do about it.

Plz give me advice Yea Forumsros.

Attached: 20190525_162603.jpg (2048x1152, 964K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J79uO_H0kzo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is it an old car or are you still paying payments?

Take the money.

Also does it effect the functionality of the door?

For sure let this slide. Don't be charging family money unless you really have to! I'm sure you'll get more back in return in the future

Try getting a second estimate as well

Let your aunt enjoy her wealth in her old age

I am a body tech. I have also been an estimator and an insurance adjuster. I can tell you with 100% confidence that damage will cost more than $900.00. The price you received is called an estimate and is subject to heavy change upon disassembly of the vehicle. You’re probably gonna be more around $1500-$2000. Go through your Aunt’s insurance. Trust me.

yep

I payed $5300 up front for it two years ago. It has 105000 miles on it right now, so I plan on getting at least a couple more years out of it.

Also as another user mentioned, it’s fully cosmetic damage and the paint isn’t hurt so it won’t rust. Just pocket the money. Looks like an older car anyway.

Listen to your father obviously. what are you, Gay?

Maybe get a succ from her and let it slide.

If she isnt poor get that money. It affects your trade in and resell value.

Make her pay, explain your situation to justify yourself and you're done

How tight are you with your family?

take the money but don't fix it

Attached: treasure.png (1024x768, 787K)

This is what a shitty jew would do

kek

We live close by, and my sister's go over their house all the time, but I personally only see them at family parties. I was really close with their family as a kid, though.

If it's got that mileage and you plan on using it for a while I wouldn't bother because the resale value will be awful whether or not it has a dent

Tell her to send some nudes

Yeah, when I'm ready to sell it, it's probably gonna be ready for the junkyard anyways, so I don't expect a big effect on the resale value.

I just don't know if I'm a sucker to be driving around in a dented shitbox for two years because of someone else's fuck up.

Like a handy or a blowie from auntie for daddy

If you're stupid enough to damage someone else's car, you deserve to lose whatever it costs.
If you're spineless enough to eat the cost yourself then you deserve the loss.

Looks like a Sunday elantra? Honestly you could by a set of sent remover suction cups from harbor freight. That might not work well because where it is.

Ask your mother why you should have to pay for it.

If she offered go ahead and get it fixed. Try checking with some other shops and see how much they charge if that seems too expensive.

Sorry Hyundai*

get other estimates, tell aunt the price. dont be a dick about it. she offered to pay, but if you feel like its too much, tell her.

it fucks with the resell value of your car, so... id get it fiXed

Don't be obsessed with your car user. It's meant to be used, who cares if there's a dent in the door.

Your aunt should take you out for dinner once and that's it, no big deal.

Close. it's a Sonata.

Unwrap your head because you are a sucker.

I wouldn't be paying for it though. I'm either gonna live with the dent, or get it fixed on her dime.

As a car salesman, your trade in value will drop dramatically if it goes through insurance and comes up on car fax. But it also depends if your car is an old POS anyways with lots of miles. Then who the fuck cares

Found the naive girl

900 for a dent like that sounds like a scam, see if someone can get it fixed for a lot cheaper, then ask her a bit less

Fuck other people's opinions, are you that insecure?

>You lent it to her
>She damaged it

Bitch gotta pay, you ain't a fucking charity

I think your aunt should be insisting that she pays for the damage.
If mom wants to let it slide (ie if the aunt is having a tough time financially), then you should ask your mom to chip in to fix it, maybe go 50/50 with you.
I also agree with other anons to get multiple quotes.
I had similar damage from a hit & run in a parking lot. First place I took it to did work for insurance companies, quoted close to $2k. Second place didn't and was like $700. Same work.
If you're not going through insurance, make sure they know, and tell them you'll be paying cash, and make it clear you'll be getting more estimates before making a decision (ie they're bidding for your money). Should get you a very honest estimate.

I'm driving around with a much larger dent in the door and I don' give two shits.

>$900
You fucking wot?
Get some boiling water and straighten that shit out
Also why would you be a dick to your aunt about something so trivial?

You must be retarded

Let it slide, better for a long run trust me

That's because you're the one who put it there, girly driver.

Not trivial, boyo.

Damn it, yup that's what I meant, a busy has the same car, um most of the time you can get panel dents to pop back into their normal place, but that's a really bad spot. I'd give advice but there would be a lot of other shit in the way. I'd say that you get another quote then maybe meet halfway? So that way you kinda appease everyone?

I like how the brit falls back to boiling water throwing 5/5

Attached: ea2.png (680x446, 107K)

It's a dent. I've had little shit like that and done little shit like that all the time. Forcing a family member to pay over some bullshit accident is a quick and easy way to degrade a relationship.

It's a tool. You don't get shitty when you scuff up a hammer, why bother bitching about a vehicle unless you're insecure enough that it's tied to your self-worth?

900$ is not enough to possibly ruin a family friendship

This

I bet you dress like a slob and your house is in shambles.

When you lend items, you have to be prepared for them to be damaged. Your aunt likely did not intentionally damaged your car. If she's offering to pay to have it fixed, just split the cost down the middle. She pays half, you pay half. In the future, be more careful about lending out your car. Even if she paid the entire bill, taking the car to the shop is time out of your schedule to handle somebody else's fuckup.

If she's hot make her give you head

"Y- yes user I've got the 900 ri-AAAAAARRRRRRGGGHHH!!!"

>LATER THAT DAY
>Other prisoners all gathered around another cell cooking off the water heater
>[BOILING WATER INTENSIFIES]
>"you guys hea about 'nit that new bloke that sashed his auntie across wif sum boiled shit?"
Good plan great plan user

Attached: 1558388040339.jpg (600x536, 71K)

Why split the cost? She offered to pay. Problem solved.

It's not about other people's opinions, though. It's a matter of character. If I let it slide, does that make me spineless? If I make her pay, does that make me an asshole?

Here's the deal.
If it was me paying $900, I'd just say fuck that, and live with the dent.
The thing is, it wasn't my fault.
So, I don't think it's fair that I have to live with the dent, but at the same time, also don't think it would be fair for me to make her pay for a repair, that I wouldn't be willing to pay for myself.

I just want to know what the objectively right thing to do is.

She dented it, she needs to fix it. But don't get an estimate at a shop, those assholes overcharge. Find a redneck who knows body work he'll fix it for $300.

Don't listen to this guy he's an asshole who works for those assholes and doesn't even know it.

Yes, it does make you spineless and a sucker to boot.

It's your choice then.
How much does the dent bother you?

>making assumptions cuz i love my family

You have to post a pic of her, we really can't give you advice without. Or at least valuable advice without

When you borrow items, you are responsible for anything that happens to them

Take a hair dryer and heat the metal up as much as you can. Take a can of computer duster, flip it upside down and spray the dent quickly after removing the heat. This doesn't always work and may not even be permanent but it's cheap to try.

Simple spot repair with a blend. I'd do it for say $500. And I'd still make a nice profit. Certified auto body tech.

You use boiling water to pop out the dent, you stupid nigger.

Don't do this it creates mustard gas

just let it slide bro. dont get worked up over a dent.

Have her suck your dick a couple times and then everytime you see that dent you'll get a boner

This guy knows..

>If it was me paying $900, I'd just say fuck that, and live with the dent
If you dented your piece of property you might make that decision for yourself. Someone else dented your property, she needs to make it right. Accept cash or blowjob.

She didn't borrow it, she backed into it.

OP seems to have guilt over having his aunt pay for the repair. Also, money issues do have a tendency to create friction between the individuals. Offering to pay for half would make OP feel less guilty about agreeing to have aunt pay for it. Also, aunt won't feel like she's just being taken advantage of if she feels $900 is too high, but is willing to pay half of that.

It's fine for you to feel differently. This is all opinion.

She's a useless asshole with shit peripheral vision or spatial awareness - make her pay ffs

Still we need a picture of her

>drive into a stationary object
She deserves to pay in full and then some.

Do you have enough money to get it fixed your self without hurting too much?
Does she have money?
If you backed into her car would you offer to pay, and if she said no would you get offended that you didn't get a chance to repay?

user shit happens. Bet your aunt would let you off the hook.

It's obvious everyone has a different opinion. There is no right thing to do. Do what you think is right.

That $900 fix will cost $2,000 in resale value. Your choice.

Like most of the faggots told you most eventually

Get a better offer
A much better offer
Like from a friend who is a mechanic offer
Then tell her they want 900$ for the fixing show her the documents they gave to you. like the estimate of cost.
And then either tell her you found someone who is willing to do it cheaper and get her money for it. She broke it. It is her fault. Just because we are family I dont need to replace your shit after I break it?
Or you could find someone doing it cheaper and take the rest of the money for your own, you scammer

>Just because we are family I dont need to replace your shit after I break it?
No, you don't.

if op had said his uncle had done it, everyone would have said to let his bro go. im not a soggy knees type but it's true

I dont know where you live, but if someone accidentally breaks my shit and it is important to me and costs a shitload of money idfc if we are family. You broke my shit. You gonna pay for it.

Regardless of who's responsible, spending 1/4 of the resale value on the vehicle to fix that cosmetic blemish is just silly in my mind.
I'd say get some compensation from your aunt and spend it on something else.

>idfc if we are family. You broke my shit. You gonna pay for it.
How to end up alone: The Post.

We are born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Get over it.

it's about principle you idiot

We are born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Get over it.
What's the meme with the black wolf? Can't think of its name. Point is putting possessions over people is senseless. Riches of the wallet pales in comparison to riches of the heart.

easy solution: go half half. you wont seem as much as a dick but u still get something

You are right. Money isnt worth anything in life. Anyway, if someone breaks something which is important to me I want it to be replaced.

Whoops I accidentally smacked your hd xd prism flat screen? yea well, we are family, you bet I wont replace shit.

Attached: 1.jpg (500x500, 85K)

Tell her you’ll give her 50% discount if she takes a well deserved bare assed spanking

>Whoops I accidentally smacked your hd xd prism flat screen? yea well, we are family, you bet I wont replace shit.
>accidentally
Key word there. Shit happens man, let's go smoke some weed. If you want to put in on the TV, which you should, for sure man but you don't have to.

Not owning up to your fucking mistakes is a quick and easy way to
degrade a relationship. Cars are fucking expensive, so you better
not fuck someone else's car or you're going to have a bad day. The
aunt has car insurance, she better use it. If the amount of damage
is less than her deductible, then she needs to learn from her mistakes.

If a family member came to your house and put a hole through a
wall through sheer stupidity, would you accept nothing less than them
paying a handyman to fix it?

Fair enough.

Only if it happened by accident kek

How old is your Aunt? Is she hot? Perhaps she would be willing to take your virginity to make up for the damage to your car.

Post a picture of her.

I would not force them to do shit. Hounding family for money is some shit I wouldn't wish on anyone. What's next are we taking them to court? Over a dent?

Take it to a dent repair shop, polish out the scratches. Minimal damage left, gonna cost you about 300, not more. Dunno wtf all these idiots are talking about.

get the money and don't fix it then you'll have $900

Asking them to pay for it is not forcing them. If they don't want to, let it slip,
but you'll know that you cannot rely on her anymore. Insist to your folks
that it's nothing personal. If OP's mom does not want her sister to pay, then
she can pay for it herself.

Unless you're broke as shit, $900 is little money. Any responsible adult has
more than that in savings at any moment. If you're broke as shit, then you
should not be driving around without adequate insurance, the thing that
prevents exactly this kind of damage from happening.

If the aunt does not pay for it, then OP will know that the aunt does not value
the relationship enough to even pay for damages that she caused.

If mom is forcing her not to pay, then the aunt might feel forever redeemable
to OP until a different compensation is offered. The aunt owning up to her
mistakes (or the mom covering for her) is the only situation where all wrongs
are righted.

Don't you know the hot water trick?

youtube.com/watch?v=J79uO_H0kzo

Do this and act for half of your inital estimate after you've done it. (don't let her know you've used this method).

Thermal shock will work for large, flat panels, but this is a really bad dent that is very hard to fix, as this part has an edge to it. You can't just heat it up and expect it to take its shape back, as there is way too much tension from the dent.

Basically it will work only for spots where you could dent it by placing your hand on it and pushing very hard. On the fender there, you could not bend it with your bare hands, even if you slapped or punched it.

OP if you won't charge her to get it fixed properly, at least get her to pay for a paint touch up as the scratches will cause extensive rust down the road, leading to way more damage.

Yeah, do that. For $300 it won't be perfect but you won't look like a guy who's driving around a beat up car, and it will stop rust from creeping in.

Ah I see.

What the method used to get it professionally done?

If it's a reasonable job, they would have to take the part off and hammer it back into shape (or replace it entirely).

Otherwise, depending on the car they can get part of the trim off (splash covers under the fender) and reach around with tools to push it out, or if it's in a really bad spot, sometimes they'll drill a smallish hole next to it and use it to fish a tool through. They fix the panel then they patch the hole with bondo (cheap) or weld a metal patch back into place (pricey).

They can also use a pull hammer that you weld or screw into the panel. It's some shaft with a mobile weight on it, and you tug on the weight. As it is stopped by the end of the handle, the inertia will tug the panel real hard, pulling the dent out.

Many ways to fix that, but that kind of dent is the toughest kind to fix. The $900 is a pretty good estimate.

$300 would get you a buff out and the paint touch-up only.

It's literally the fucking wheel well... You can reach in there with a hammer and hit from the back it without taking it off. Might have to remove a plastic trim piece to do so.

I suppose it would take at least a week for your aunt to get her car back.

Image is kinda dumb but this is what I would do. Plaster of paris could work in the place of fibre glass as it's cheaper.

Attached: Solution.png (2048x1536, 70K)

I mean, she offered. So unless shes like debilitatingly poor enough that losing $900 will fuck up her day then go for it.

It will still look ugly. Metal there is pretty firm and you can't quite get a hammer there to tap on it. You will need specialized tools to get enough leverage to bend it back into shape, but even then it will be warped as shit and it will take a lot of time to hammer it back into shape. My uncle used to be a body shop mechanic and he taught me a lot about it.

Don't get it wrong. This is a really bad dent.

A "small" dent like pic related will run you anywhere between $100 and $300, and this is without including paint touch up.

Attached: dent.jpg (800x531, 31K)

She has a car and she drives. She needs to:

- Drive more carefully. That could have been a pet or a human getting squeezed.
- Be responsible money-wise and be able to take responsibility when she causes damage.

She should be the one arguing to OP's mom that she will pay for the damages.

GscaPK3 join dorks

I think a blowjob every month for a year would be a good trade

Just let it slide user.
You will be happier in the long run

You're talking to someone who does body work by campfire light drinking Bacardi. Your shop experience is irrelevant.

Bro if you're aunty was a decent human being with a hint of common sense she'd do the responsible thing and pay for the damages she caused and wouldn't have it any other way, she wouldn't accept you "letting it go" nor would she reason with the sorry ass excuse of it being "purely aesthetic", take the money, fix the car, think about the future man, do you know how much that dent devalues the car... also, $900 sounds like someone is trying to rip you off, go ask at multiple car body shops and get more quotations, good luck user.

post pic of aunt

I'm gonna second this as a win-win solution. Ask if you can come to some sort of "arrangment" (use air quotes) and go from there.

Attached: 1542410442681.jpg (1024x1012, 130K)

Why don't you work in a shop?

So you're going to tell me it's a 2-hour job and a customer would pay you with a 24-pack of beer?

This is exactly why I hate mechanics. You are really gonna sit there and charge this guy 2k for a fucking door? You're a piece of shit dude.

That car is a piece of shit with 100,000+ miles on it.

The fuck you sweating over this for? You should definitely just let it slide.

You could try buffing out the dent yourself and it would be barely noticeable.

>Why don't you work in a shop?
Because I have a better job

Yes. Fix the dent. A "little dent" will cost you a lot more down the road if you don't repair it. Use her insurance. Thats why it exists. Tell your mom she's dumb. Expect it to cost more than $900. /thread

>buffing out the dent
>dent
>buffing
Could you please never have an opinion on anything ever again. Thanks.

>buff out the dent
>my sides

You hate mechanics because you dont understand what they do to fix a "little dent" in the door. You're probably the same asshole who complains about replacing a bumper that has little to no visible damage to it after an accident because "its fine." Lmao read a fucking book turbofag.

Don't listen to this faggot. It's the aunt in disguise.

A brand new car costs much less than the sum of its separate parts and the labor of putting them all together. The factory buys parts en masse, thus for a much lower price, and the conditions on the assembly line are simply optimal. Everything is lined up, tools are already available, no part is in the way, there is absolutely no rust, stuck fasteners, broken off bolt heads. The whole body is painted before any trim or plastic part is put on the car, so very little prep work is required (masking off regions with tape). Also, very little fucking around is involved, as no part is scratched, dented or bent.

Asking a mechanic to redo a fraction of this work will cost you a lot more than what it cost the manufacturer to start with. Cars are fragile and this is the reason why insurance is important (and almost everywhere it is mandatory by law), because drivers tend to get involved in accidents with other cars fairly often.

Would you tell OP's aunt that, if she wanted to pay for the damages? "Hey, OP's aunt, OP's car is a piece of shit with 100,000 miles on it. don't pay for that, tell him to get screwed"

And so you're better than someone who does that all day every day, yet you brag about doing it by campfire light?

Nice larp there.

I know what buffing means you stupid motherfuckers. There's also paint damage he needs to get rid of.

If he does that and gets rid of the dent it would be barely noticeable.

I wouldn't sweat this motherfucking bullshit. Of course a car with 100,000+ miles on it is going to have dents and door dings. Who gives a fuck.

Unless you have a nice car that costs like $30,000 or more there's no reason to care.

Never said I'm better. I said this shit can be fixed cheap and don't trust quotes from mechanics.

>tells someone to buff out a dent
>"I know what buffing means you stupid motherfuckers"
Get a load of this asshole

Why don't you kill her?

Take a closer look. It's an ugly, deep dent, right on the crease, in a spot where the metal is pretty stiff. Can't just "buff it out" and paint it, it will just look like a polished dent.

Get the $900 from her, then punch her in the tit and say “be careful next time.”

>gets rid of the dent
You really are a pathetic little moron aren't you?

Jesus christ if the car is worth 5k, dont let your aunt pay you 900 bucks to fix a stupid aesthetic dent, ESPECIALLY if your family has ANY interaction with them. Plus dude they played with you when you were a dumb kid.

The only way to gracefully back out of the situation is to tell them its ok, but that they owe you a favor or dinner or something. That way they feel good about giving you something and you feel good about not making them pay and still get something.

Srsly your car sucks balls if you freak out over that tiny damage you're retarded.

You are treating family relationships like they are a zero-sum game. By letting it slide, OP will consciously or subconsciously feel OK when he disappoints his aunt in the future.

Missed her birthday party? Meh, she messed my car up. I need a ride to the airport and she can't do that for me? Oh, how surprising, seeing that she busted my car and got away with it.

Owning up to your mistakes is the only way of keeping family relationships healthy and sane. If auntie gets it fixed, nobody will think about the car anymore, and you can get back to good times, gifts and get-togethers.

You're going to regret not getting it fixed. Sooner or later. And then you'll just be angry at yourself. Just get it fixed. If it wasn't her fault, it would be a different story. Do it.

But yeah, definitely get a second or a third quote, because $900 might be a bit too much. OP needs to tell the shop that it will be dealt with in cash money, not through the insurance.

Take the money and instead of fixing the dent, buy some crack cocaine. All $900 on crack. It should be at a low price because you are buying in bulk.
Then you resell that crack for twice what you paid.
Then you roll that money into more crack.
Rinse.
Repeat until you amass $2000.00 after your expenses etc.
Buy a black girl with that money. Resell her for twice what you paid.
Buy another.
Roll that into more black chicks etc.
Rinse.
Repeat until you have enough money for an Asian girl. Should be able to get one after about 3 flips, depends on market conditions.
Go on and on up the chain of race until you reach the top tier, Swedish chicks.
Die happy. That's what I did.

TFW you suddenly realize this was a GHOST STORY ALL ALONG. BOO muthafucka!

Attached: strange.jpg (934x863, 64K)

Let your aunt decide. She offered already so it seems like she is owning up to it. Also, it will probably work out for you because the blame (in your mom's eyes) can be shifted to your aunt, and because your aunt is in deep enough where she would have to go back on her word if she is decides not to pay. In this case, you can probably make the choice without letting people know that you've made it through the illusion that THEY have a say in it.

>$5300
let it slide. get it straightened (it definitely doesnt cost $900) and maybe get someone to touch up the paint if you feel you need to.

both of those are things you could do by yourself btw.

also want to say that $900 to fix a dent in a $5300 car is just retarded and not worth it at all, even if it were your own fault.

question: living at parents house and mum's retarded kid chimped out on me. chased me out of house and tackled me to the ground. punched me in the chest/arm and face.

am I foolish for not reporting this? I called the police last time he chimped out on me and nothing came of it cause the kid's mother defended him.

He also removed my bedroom door, my dresser and window air conditioner is missing.

advice?

Attached: Untitled.png (1046x444, 591K)